Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689468 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by graceeeyyyy: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
please i have a question; is there anyone travelling to Canada on the first week of July so we can split the hotel fees for quarantine?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thaiy:

I am up.

Please send me a mail

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
Big big congratulations!!!!

Residentourist:
FINALLY!!! AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, I AM HERE TO TESTIFY TO GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

I'd be back shortly to share details of my timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Residentourist:

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ossysam1: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Good afternoon Nairaland Family.

Please I would like to know if someone can apply for study permit (PGD) without part payment of school fees. In other words, is part payment of school fees compulsory before submitting application.

Please note; the school has already sent a conditional offer of admission. Below is the content of the letter;

"Dear ......

This letter confirms that you met the provisional admission offer for the post degree in ......offered at the unversity of winnipeg ...

Met Admission requirement form - use this document for your application to IRCC for a study permit. Pleas consult with IRCC to determine if you can apply for a study permit with a provisional letter, or you should wait until you receive an unconditional offer"

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johanneiyoha(f): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
[quote author=Johanneiyoha post=102542996]Pls house help me address these concerns

1.I want to submit my application soon as I want to go for upfront medical with IOM.
I HV been trying to book but it's difficult as I could not go through step 2.
Pls what is it dat am not doing right?

2. I have my Transcript with WES and I intend using it for my Visa application process. How do I go about getting it to IRCC

3. Pls I need a sample on how to write a consent letter from my mum, stating she will care for my kids while am away studying in Canada.

Gurus pls answer.
It will end in praise for us all.
For Spectro, refire.
U will get it this time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by drhammed: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Are you looking for a funded MSc/PhD position in Canada?

These Profs (at Western University) are seeking students for specific research projects.

The list is not exhaustive, so you can "cold email" other Profs there.

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1402624132823633931?s=21

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dupsydooo: 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2021
Good afternoon house

Please am I allowed to travel with hubby and kid?

If yes please what are the necessary things to note

Also proof of fund
Kindly put me through......
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 3:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
[quote author=Residentourist post=102541720]FINALLY!!! AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, I AM HERE TO TESTIFY TO GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

Congratulations

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 09, 2021
This Visa something is not easy. I've not been sleeping soundly since I applied for this visa.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Residentourist: 3:34pm On Jun 09, 2021
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congratulations what God cannot do does nit exist. I am next inline. April Applicants get ready for PPR.

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Residentourist: 3:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
I apologise, I was in a meeting when the notification came. Details uploaded now. Thank you. wink

RELAN2446:

As in, why e cun dey type am before when e no go quick post am grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
Wow, delay is not denial. I admire your persistence. Congratulations once again

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;

2nd application 2020

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2021
Spectro:

Congratulations! It has ended in praise.

Please rejoice ooo, because it is not easy.

The long wait has been rewarded.

I got a refusal though, for home ties both in Canada and Nigeria. Apparently, my ties in Canada are way more than those in Nigeria. I will order GCMS note. I may reapply or opt for the US. But US is priority right now.

I wish you all a delightful outcome in your applications. We learn every day, and some experiences are worthwhile, even though they are a bit sad. But we move!

I applied on March 11 by the way.

March folks will be getting decisions. Stay blessed.

Sorry bro, God will do the best for you Ijn Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Residentourist: 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank you so much. You are an inspiration and a blessing. I'd be in touch to learn on the progress/steps for securing your son's visa.

Lianna2020:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OLUWABORI2000: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2021
Residentourist:

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Esmeob: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congratulations to you!!!

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;

2nd application 2020

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ebonieblack: 4:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;

2nd application 2020

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters

A big congratulations to you. May the land of Canada favour you all round. You have greatly inspired me!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Subbyshal(f): 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2021
Update!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teeprecious: 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2021
Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;

2nd application 2020

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters

Congratulations!!!!!!
I am also waiting to testify by God's grace and mercy.
To all PPR hopefuls,good tidings fall upon us all.
It will end in praise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by chuksinfotech: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dear All,

So I am uploading my reapplication forms for the study permit and I kept on getting this form. (Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada)

Is it normal ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 4:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
chuksinfotech:
Dear All,

So I am uploading my reapplication forms for the study permit and I kept on getting this form. (Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada)

Is it normal ?

ENSURE YOU ARE UPLOADING THE MOST UPDATE IMMM FORM.. MAYBE THATS WHY
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2021
Subbyshal:
Update!

Is this true
Hallelujah
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Refused on basis of;

2nd application 2020

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by chuksinfotech: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
Anon123:

ENSURE YOU ARE UPLOADING THE MOST UPDATE IMMM FORM.. MAYBE THATS WHY

It is actually the form that pop up from my account

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MindfulV: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dear All,

My school charges same tuition for both local and international students and then charges international students an extra 1,000 CAD each semester, which amounts to about 6,000 CAD for the 2-year duration of the program. When stating my tuition for visa purpose, would it be just the tuition or the tuition plus the extra 6,000 CAD that I would be required to pay as an international student?

God bless anyone that answers my question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2021
ireneayeni:

Good afternoon, please I am new here and need advice on some things;

1) please most of my funds are in stanbic ibtc bank and they do not make use of Mybankstatement platform, please how can i go about submitting it because i am considering going through the NSE route

2) If funds is being withdrawn after submitting my application from the account that has a bulk amount of my funds, can it affect my application or is there a way it can be tracked by IRCC

3) what are the things that are required in a reference letter from an organisation I no longer work with

Please gurus in the house kindly help out with these questions. Thank you

STANBIC HAS MY BANKSTATEMENT ACCESS. #VERIFED.

That's my organisation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by opella(f): 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
Good evening all, please I have a question;

Can a student resuming by September enter Canada this month?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by oyinlove15: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hi,

We no longer need to quarantine if you have collected the full dose of the vaccine

https://twitter.com/TundeTASH/status/1402622704692477956?s=1006
graceeeyyyy:
please i have a question; is there anyone travelling to Canada on the first week of July so we can split the hotel fees for quarantine?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congrats � � � the ministry is moving grin

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

Timeline:

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.