Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (697544 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 5:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
Does your wife has her study permit yet? If yes, then your answer should be yes but if not, then your answer should be no
firstseyifat:
Hi

can anyone help me?

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or child of certain skilled worker or of certain full-time international student that has or will have status in Canada?

This is tricky and doesn't know what Yes or No?

My Wife has apply for a study permit last month and Am about to apply for my study permit now . In this case, I Should say Yes or No
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2021
I am so happy to have found this site, please how best do I go about with proof of home ties.
I am single, no kids
Just finished my NYSC this year
I am using my Mom as sponsor she has two landed properties in her name.
Above 20m in account ( excluding my fees)
A Nurse with over 20 years on the job.
I am about to apply so any advise/ tips will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Residentourist: 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank you so much.
Please do you mind sharing the details of how you sent your passport to the embassy with me. I tried opening the consent form sent to you on the thread but for some reason I cannot open the file.

Esmeob:
Congratulations to you!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sweetchi2411: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lekiboboe:
For those interested in FULLY-FUNDED THESIS-BASED GRADUATE SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES in Canada e.g MASTERS, PH.D, POST DOC, it is expected of you to search for Professors whose Research Areas aligns with your Research Interests, Prior Research Experience, Academic Background then send a non-generic cold mail to them

POWER OF COLD MAIL

God bless you richly!
To everyone looking for Funded MS scholarship, MS Assistantship, Graduated Research Assistantship, etc. in US, Canada or

- INTRODUCTION
- PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE
- YOUR INTERESTS AND GOALS
- CLOSING

See the sample below

As you can see, this Candidate did her due diligence on her cold mail and got a Positive response from than 3-profs.

So you guys should use this result oriented cold mail and tailor it to your own , then shoot it to the Prof.

Your "Mail Subject" should be related to what you wanna enquire from the Prof.

E.g

Fall 2022: M.SC Candidacy in Computer Science or in the Research Area

Fall 2022: Graduate Assistantship in So so so

Fall 2022: Teaching Assistantship in so so so

Fall 2022: MS Interest

Fall 2022: Prospective Graduate Student

and so on and so forth.....

God bless you richly sir!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 5:25pm On Jun 09, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by may99(f): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
oyinlove15:
Hi,

We no longer need to quarantine if you have collected the full dose of the vaccine

https://twitter.com/TundeTASH/status/1402622704692477956?s=1006

I think it is false. The tweet has been deleted. It would be a nice improvement tho. The 2kCad can be used for other things. People that still have about 3 months to their travel date should try to get the vaccine, just incase they adopt this new method.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 5:42pm On Jun 09, 2021
It is not compulsory but it increases your chances of getting the approval. They have had issues with many Nigerians going there and not ending up studying. Paying part or full payment shows some form of commitment on your part that improves your chances.

Also a lot of schools offer refunds if the visa is denied or under some other circumstances. Check out the refund policy of your school.

Albeit, to answer your question, it is not compulsory but it is advisable.

ossysam1:
Good afternoon Nairaland Family.

Please I would like to know if someone can apply for study permit (PGD) without part payment of school fees. In other words, is part payment of school fees compulsory before submitting application.

Please note; the school has already sent a conditional offer of admission. Below is the content of the letter;

"Dear ......

This letter confirms that you met the provisional admission offer for the post degree in ......offered at the unversity of winnipeg ...

Met Admission requirement form - use this document for your application to IRCC for a study permit. Pleas consult with IRCC to determine if you can apply for a study permit with a provisional letter, or you should wait until you receive an unconditional offer"

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maestro09: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
Spectro:
While I await my GCMS note, these are possible reasons for my refusal. For the sake of new applicants, these are the things I did wrong?

I have siblings in Canada who have families. I and my parents are the only ones that reside in Nigeria. I didn't pay tuition fee (there was no acceptance fee attached to my program either). Hence, there could be a 'Purpose of Visit' concern. Could it be he wants to go live with his siblings rather than study?

I am single, mobile (This is not an issue for applicants, unless there are other things to consider, such as what I stated earlier).

I anticipated this, but I underestimated its impact.

I believe if I have to reapply next time, paying tuition is vital. Once GCMS note comes in, I will get a better understanding of what really happened.

Sorry for delay. I’m sure you will re-fire stronger.
Please I have a question, what home ties to Nigeria did you present in your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congrats!

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amr12: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congratulations

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Residentourist: 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2021
Please is the attached the consent form to be submitted with my passport?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Fortuneforever: 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Please just use old way sir because I am not understanding this your new way *thinking* hope you are not applying for citizenship lol
Please start again use GCkey

Hassan19:
*VERY URGENT PLEASE*
I saw a new way to apply for a study permit and I used it instead of the normal way of creating a GcKey. Now I think I’m the only one that used this path. Should I start again and go through the normal path?

*Note* I’m at the last phase of submitting my application.

Kindly check the picture uploaded below to confirm?

Any suggestions please?

Has anyone used the method of applying?

And do I need to upload the Imme forms because I didn’t see anywhere to put it but I’ve already filled it in s section before getting to the last phase
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2021
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
It has ended in praise

Residentourist:
FINALLY!!! AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, I AM HERE TO TESTIFY TO GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

I'd be back shortly to share details of my timeline.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2021
TennieYF:
Hi, I'm very sure Stanbic makes use of MBS, except it's a Mutual Funds account, that doesn't use MBS.
Goodevening, It is a mutualfunds account,Please how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank you very much, this is very helpful
Emmasonic4me:

In response to your query,

1. Stanbic IBTC Bank make use of mybankstatement platform. I personally used it for mine. You can access it via their internet banking platform. When you login, go to service request and chose to send statement. You will have the option to chose send statement to embassy and fill other details as required. Once successful, a pop up shows up for you to download the one page mybankstatement certificate containing ticket ID and password. Alternatively, you can go to any of their branches if you're not signed up on internet banking. Don't forget that the service is relatively new to most of their staff, so they may tell you otherwise but you have to insist you know what you're requesting for.

2. If you send MBS to IRCC, they can only view your transactions up to the time you requested for it to be sent. Any other transaction afterwards will not be seen by them. However, if the manner the funds came looks suspicious that it may be borrowed fund, the VO can request for updated MBS to allay his concerns. You wouldn't want to shoot yourself on the leg if actually the money in the account is yours.

3. Since you're no longer working with them, the wording of the letter will be in the past tense. Basically, an introduction letter for you will state that you were a staff with the organisation between period A to B, it will state the position you occupied and your monthly/yearly salary (gross or net salary). Finally it may want to attest to your personality and request the Canadian embassy to assist you with any help possible towards your study permit application. This is not exhaustive but that's the much I can remember for now.

Hope it helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2021
Thank you very much. However, I will like to ask if I am using the regular bank statement, how do I go about the code/Ticket Number that is contained in the other type of bank statement i.e "MyBankStatement" requested by IRCC when using the NSE route

2) Please is the affidavit of sponsorship compulsory due to the fact that Most Courts are on strike,I do not know how to go about getting the affidavit
may99:

Hi!

1. Don’t transfer the funds. You need to show how the funds grew and a single lump transfer is a huge red flag. If your bank doesn’t do MBS, use regular bank statements.

2. Funds can be withdrawn after application but it is best not to do so. The VO may request for another bank statement at any point during your visa processing. Unless the huge withdrawal is for Payment of Tuition fee, please avoid doing it.

P.S your funds can’t be tracked. They only see what you give them access to via MBS or upload via bank statements.

3. I have no idea about this. Please wait on others to respond.

I would like to point out that if you’re going to submit an application as an employed person, you need to drop a statement of your salary account. This may not be relevant to you tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Specialchristy: 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2021
I really appreciate this platform. Is very educating

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RealTrump: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hello house,

To apply for study visa, do I need to submit a letter from my employer?

Also, if anyone can suggest PGDs in web development, that would be helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KrazzyAndy(m): 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
Good evening everyone
Please I'm trying to get my brother to school in Canada as an undergraduate... Please can anyone tell me step by step procedures on how to go bout and how much will it cost.. Also stating the fact that my brother is quite smart so if there's any scholarship available for him to take...thank you for your assistance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 7:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
pale232:
Hi Everyone,

My application was also refused based on personal assets and financial status. Tbh, my application was quite shoddy (Submitted very basic documents).It was months after applying I got to know of Nairaland and sincerely I commend everyone's effort for the input ( The info put out here is amazing). I have learnt a lot which will be applied in my next application.
I am self sponsored. I submitted my usd dollar account with lump payments in 2 tranches without any explanation.

I didn't also attach my salary account since there was no fund it which I realised I should have done now and not enough evidence i was gainfully employed. I just submitted basic documents(mbs, b.sc cert, transcripts,c.v and previous visas to various countries; realising based on this thread that won't influence the decision)
Although I tried salvaging my application after already 5 weeks off showing eligibility required by sending a webform with a more detailed LOE and additional documents. Thanks to Shupy for responding to my enquiries.

I got my refusal letter 2 weeks later. I have ordered for my gcms notes, trying to wait patiently for it. My admission was for fall 2021 but will have to defer till January 2022.
P.s I submitted in March, NSE route.

It is sad that you got refused, as you have learnt over the last few months, what you should have done was request for your gcms note to see activities going on with your application.
Applicants convincing strength differs, irrespective of documents provided, do not get discouraged, provide them with complete and necessary documents that will help your application. From you gcms, you will know how to address concerns.
I wish you success in your reapplication.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2021
badmanjo:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
It has ended in praise

Loved the way you cut the quote short smiley
I feel quoting people’s whole stories makes the thread bulky
Anyhow sha

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lamideyy: 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2021
Lamideyy:

Loved the way you cut the quote short smiley
I feel quoting people’s whole stories makes the thread bulky
Anyhow sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 7:38pm On Jun 09, 2021
Hi, I also used a mutual funds account, just send them a mail asking for a confirmation of investment letter and 1 year statement, that's what I did.
Mutual funds isn't integrated with MBS yet

ireneayeni:

Goodevening, It is a mutualfunds account,Please how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
You are good to go. All the best

HaywhyA:
a postgraduate certificate course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 7:39pm On Jun 09, 2021
Dear God , I feel you smiley Congratulations bro !!

Residentourist:
FINALLY!!! AFTER 3 ATTEMPTS, I AM HERE TO TESTIFY TO GOD'S FAITHFULNESS.

IT HAS ENDED IN PRAISES!

I'd be back shortly to share details of my timeline.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Petrified235555: 7:44pm On Jun 09, 2021
Please has anyone with funding recently got rejected?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 7:48pm On Jun 09, 2021
Petrified235555 was it a full funding you got?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2021
Victoryokondu:
Petrified235555 was it a full funding you got?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 09, 2021
grin grin

Oh
You didn’t!
Anyhow sha[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Petrified235555: 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
[quote author=Victoryokondu post=102555072][/quote] potential full funding
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
dupsydooo:
Good afternoon house

Please am I allowed to travel with hubby and kid?

If yes please what are the necessary things to note

Also proof of fund
Kindly put me through......
Thanks

Yes u can
I am doing so.. I applied for my wife and two kids
I am hoping � it comes out well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
RealTrump:
Hello house,

To apply for study visa, do I need to submit a letter from my employer?

Also, if anyone can suggest PGDs in web development, that would be helpful.

Yes u do
Submitted everything possible

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.