Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689839 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2021
I applied on the 13th of May and My biometrics was updated 24th of may. Since then nothing.

Should I wait or fill web form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 2:27pm On Jun 10, 2021
SoFaithly:
Webform has been unresponsive for some days now, is someone else experiencing the same? OR Please, can someone assist to drop a working link? I appreciate you.
I experienced same thing few minutes ago when trying to upload my medical. It wasn't going until I changed my browser to Internet Explorer. Try this and see

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
marcelonwa:

It should because there should be a balance, I Will try hard to pay the remaining Balance of my tution and have have him transfer my living expenses to my acc.

Hope they won’t go flag him for lump sum
How can I explain every cash deposit that comes into a business man account fgs

No be juju be that ?

I think the financial status and personal asset concern mostly has to do with availability and accessibility of funds. But your GCMS note can reveal more details. Is there a way you can send it to my email, so I can study it?

Have you gotten your final decision? Sounds like you have. Can you mail me, please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2021
ifeo123:

alright
I received your mail. Please check my reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sslooss: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Good afternoon everyone,

What details should be provided to explain previous Schengen study visa denial in the imm1294e form for the question 'Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?'

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Papapa1234: 2:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Congratulations!! Myself and others must testify by Gods grace..Amen
Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2021
thank you
Chipo14:
As low as $100 you can even do zero in some banks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by marcelonwa: 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2021
Spectro:

I think the financial status and personal asset concern mostly has to do with availability and accessibility of funds. But your GCMS note can reveal more details. Is there a way you can send it to my email, so I can study it?

Have you gotten your final decision? Sounds like you have. Can you mail me, please?

Send ur address
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Darmison: 2:50pm On Jun 10, 2021
Have you gotten a decision yet? @marcelonwa

marcelonwa:
Guys please what’s the best way to tackle
“Financial status and personal assets”
Wo! am tired oh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thank you very much
fejiromich:
Hello,
For a mutual fund, speak to your acc officer.. they will give you a letter stating how long you hv had the fund, how much, and that the funds can be made available whenever you need it... with a signed copy of statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thank you
TennieYF:
Hi, I also used a mutual funds account, just send them a mail asking for a confirmation of investment letter and 1 year statement, that's what I did.
Mutual funds isn't integrated with MBS yet

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SoFaithly: 3:05pm On Jun 10, 2021
Oh! right away! thanks fam!

Klem28:
I experienced same thing few minutes ago when trying to upload my medical. It wasn't going until I changed my browser to Internet Explorer. Try this and see
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Richiesamson299: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
I did upfront medicals.

Yinkagbo:

We both did the biometrics same day...Imy medical was only updated to pass and since then i am yet to receive any update.what about your medical,did you do upfront medical?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2021
Please how long will it take for this account to be ready for use when I open it
Iffylove:

thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2021
Some should pls help with an opinion on this.

Chipo14:
Hello everyone. I still need advise on whether to send my latest promotion letter to IRCC to further show ties to my job and Nigeria. Pls anyone should advise pls. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2021
Did my medicals on June 1 and I uploaded e medicals receipt on webform to ircc. IOM sent me a message 2days ago that it has been sent to Ircc also. Do I have to keep sending webform with e-medicals till they have my medicals updated or what?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Actually do not let the agent pay for it again as he can request a charge back again. pay or it yourself at all cost
Olaa123:

Take this with all seriousness! A chareback must have been done in your application. And if you used an agent, he is 90% responsible for this. I have seen 2 people who got 5 year bans each due to this. Please take it with all seriousness and ensure the 235CAD is paid. If the agent says he has paid it again, ask for a receipt. Do not allow any agent complicate your problems!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Chipo14:

Personally I wouldn’t but that is just because of the way I packaged my own application. Only you can know what is best for you. If you are going to send it, I would suggest you also send a letter to explain why your company is giving you a promotion when you are planning to leave the country, considering that they could give someone else who will stay and actively contribute to the company.(I’m assuming your employer knows of ur travel plan). If I’m a VO this is a little of a grey area for me. Hence the need of an explanation

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2021
Google IOM medicals or Qlife. You book through their website. They give you a day for your medicals. For IOM medicals, I was able to make a transfer and take my receipt with me for proof of payment.
feistymikey:
Anyone please How do I apply for upfront medicals??
Can anyone give me the steps and link please??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yinkagbo(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=Richiesamson299 post=102581264]I did upfront medicals.
And it has not been updated to passed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2021
Many times, schools even forget to get back to applicants. Send an email to them and keep sending until you get a decision.
Keidee:
At this juncture, all i can say is God take the lead cos i am scared. I applied to university of Regina too masters in human resource management since December last year and till now I haven’t heard anything from them . Who else is in the category

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AdoChel(f): 3:36pm On Jun 10, 2021
Hi everyone. I just got a new passport and cancelled the old.
Can I upload the new data page via the "upload additional documents" button on the portal? Or should I do it via Web form?
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Richiesamson299: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
[quote author=Yinkagbo post=102582171][/quote]

It was updated to pass on the 26 of April.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by feistymikey(m): 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Please who has any Information about this Guaranteed investment certificate? How it works , and how much can be out there for a 3 - year course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 3:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Thank you for this. I included my job as my tie and the fact that I am entitled to a study leave of upto 18months hence my consideration of giving an update on it. My husband is my sponsor who also serves as a ties

Mofolam:

Personally I wouldn’t but that is just because of the way I packaged my own application. Only you can know what is best for you. If you are going to send it, I would suggest you also send a letter to explain why your company is giving you a promotion when you are planning to leave the country, considering that they could give someone else who will stay and actively contribute to the company.(I’m assuming your employer knows of ur travel plan). If I’m a VO this is a little of a grey area for me. Hence the need of an explanation
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2021
marcelonwa:

Send ur address

lifemaximax@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2021
Chipo14:
Thank you for this. I included my job as my tie and the fact that I am entitled to a study leave of upto 18months hence my consideration of giving an update on it. My husband is my sponsor who also serves as a ties

If it will help your application do not hesitate to send it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omankem8(f): 3:54pm On Jun 10, 2021
Awas:

Someone please help ..

Kindly email them, and ask for a copy and upload manually through a web form.

Congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 4:34pm On Jun 10, 2021
feistymikey:
Anyone please How do I apply for upfront medicals??
Can anyone give me the steps and link please??
DETAILED INFORMATION ON HOW TO DO AN UPFRONT MEDICAL

https://www.nairaland.com/6321900/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/233#98887195

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2021
Chipo14:

You should. It's very important. Anything that will bring improve your prospect of Visa should be added.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2021
Blazca:
I applied on the 13th of May and My biometrics was updated 24th of may. Since then nothing.

Should I wait or fill web form?
No, no need to send any Webform. They will not even reply you because your application is still within the normal processing timeframe. I will suggest you do your Medicals upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:43pm On Jun 10, 2021
Freebands01:
Did my medicals on June 1 and I uploaded e medicals receipt on webform to ircc. IOM sent me a message 2days ago that it has been sent to Ircc also. Do I have to keep sending webform with e-medicals till they have my medicals updated or what?
Well, I can't advise here since I am in the same soup. I will suggest you wait. When did you apply? Is it an upfront Medicals?

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49