Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (705631 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2021
geezynoni:
Read a lot on this thread and I'm shocked. I never knew the whole process was this tough.
I'm 23, Looking to pursue a master's degree in canada but from all I've read here,I think my chances are slim so I'd opt for a pgd instead..Graduated with a 3.9/5 cgpa in accounting in 2019. Job experience is not that convincing. I worked for 5 months as an intern in a bank for my siwes program,I don't know if that counts. Then after nysc, which was marred by covid, I worked in a business firm for 4 months. I left the business firm for a job with a higher pay grade but unrelated to my field of study , 4 months into that job as well...Do I have a shot at studying in Canada atm Or I will be chasing my own tail?

You have very much good chances just pursue post graduate diploma in accounting and do it as soon as possible to avoid too much study gap
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hassan19:

How do I use the barter? I funded it with #5000 for testing but yet to receive the money in the app. Is it this slow?
It's supposed to be immediate. What's showing in your Naira balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kobayashi01(m): 5:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
It’s advisable to hold some cash USD/CAD to avoid unforeseen contigencies. If you have a dorm account, you can get a dollar card.
Be careful while changing money though, if anyone has a plug, they can guide you.

Alchemist01:
Hello Guys,

As an international student just going to Canada, what's the best way to pay for things with the $100 monthly restrictions on Mastercards ?

For example, the hotel qurantine which is the first 3 days after you land, the average cost is about $900, what is the easiest way someone can pay for this ?

Barter is not an option because their exchange rate is ridiculous.

I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to make payment from a Nigerian bank account.

Also, does anybody know a legitimate place in Lagos where someone can change physical cash to CAD or USD ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kobayashi01(m): 5:30pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hassan19:

How do I use the barter? I funded it with #5000 for testing but yet to receive the money in the app. Is it this slow?

It shouldn’t take long. Try refreshing your balance by swiping down in the app.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 5:44pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kudiratu28:

My First degree was biochemistry,cell and molecular biology. My current job is a health research officer in the hospital( mainly data management, operational research and data support) and now I want to Occupational health and safety management. Looking at it now, I don’t really see a strong connection. So I am thinking of changing my course totally to Health informatics but I am scared to would raise suspicion.
Health informatics is the best choice for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2021
matingo:
Hello guys,
Please I'm new here and I need your help cos I have no experience as regards Canadian travel processing.
So I got the handle of some guys on IG that promised to help with undergraduate program in University of Manitoba, no IELTS required cos weac will be used, it's going to be a work/study permit, and tuition will be paid over there, admission process within a month and visa within 3 months.. even though they promised payment after service, I still have reservations cos payment will be in two tiers, you pay for the admission fees as Soon as they're able to show you the admission letter and for Visa when going for the biometrics, I have like four of them... Will post their handles here... Please are they legit or scammers.. as much I love to travel to Canada, I don't want to be scammed.

@litestudyandtravels
@travelxpressng_
@avinstravels
@travelonago

Thank you guys
Im sure there are capable hands on NL you can contact both paid and unpaid services. You can also contact me via my signature and avoid doing all these Instagram stuffs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
You can contact me if you are in Lagos (in case you want to meet the changers) but anywhere in Nigeria if you have dorm account to receive USD.

NB: Only transaction from account with same name for both Naira and USD accounts will be acceptable. So if someone is paying from another's account, you should get the funds into your own personal account first. USD in Lagos was N505/$.

Alchemist01:
Hello Guys,

As an international student just going to Canada, what's the best way to pay for things with the $100 monthly restrictions on Mastercards ?

For example, the hotel qurantine which is the first 3 days after you land, the average cost is about $900, what is the easiest way someone can pay for this ?

Barter is not an option because their exchange rate is ridiculous.

I am just trying to figure out the easiest way to make payment from a Nigerian bank account.

Also, does anybody know a legitimate place in Lagos where someone can change physical cash to CAD or USD ?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Aissy:
Please my cousin wants to do his undergraduate degree in Canada, he has waec result(failed mathematics) plus his Neco where he passed all the subject. Can he use his Neco?
Yes it all depends on the university
It doesn't matter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Abeg please Biko, help me understand something
I did my medicals last year, I passed it on August 7th 2020..... it’s supposed to expire August 7 2021 but my flight is July 17th 2021,

To avoid story, June 10 2021, I did another medicals at Qlife, but my current medicals is showing passed based on the August 7 last year own

Now I’m asking, will this new one show on my CIC dashboard, or it won’t show,
The nurse was like, I will show the that e-medical slip at the POE, when i land... so it’s confusing... abeg Wetin make I do?
They done give u visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 6:48pm On Jun 15, 2021
I am
Blavkmaann:
Again who is traveling in JULY!

Let’s know ourselves ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hello house,
Good evening. Please i have a slight challenge. I just got an email from IRCC asking to renew my medicals as it expires in August. My questions are:
1. I travel in July, do i still need to do it before leaving?
2. If i renew it, would it affect my visa already issued, and the whole process?
3. How long will it take for IRCC to receive it and update it.
4. What happens if i travel without renewing it?

I am so confused and i'll really appreciate all the help and advice i can get. who else is having this problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Aissy: 7:27pm On Jun 15, 2021
jfrazzy:

Yes it all depends on the university
It doesn't matter
thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by skull4eva: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Edmonton..........port of entry...Toronto
i a Montreal bound ooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Again who is traveling in JULY!

Let’s know ourselves ��

Me me me cheesy grin grin grin make we connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by PaPaJayden(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2021
@Residentourist
Congrats on your SP approval.

Please can you share your SOP, after deleting private/personal information, with me on bobbyke198x@mail.com

I'd really appreciate!!!

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by PaPaJayden(m): 7:46pm On Jun 15, 2021
@Residentourist
Congrats on your SP approval.

Please can you share your SOP, after deleting private/personal information, with me on bobbyke198x@gmail.com

I'd really appreciate!!!

Residentourist:
LONG POST ALERT!!!

As is often reiterated in this platform, no two applications is the same.
A BIG THANK YOU to all those who keep providing valuable information and offering guidance here. God bless and keep you.

Timeline:
1st application 2016
Applied for PGD in HRM to Georgian College
Refused on basis of;
# Home ties (I applied for visitors visa for my husband and first child, my other two are US citizens)
# Finanicial bla bla bla (VO wasn't convinced the course was a reasonable expense, no career progression and he claimed there was a bulk cash lodgement into the account, which unfortunately wasn't true)

2nd application 2020
Applied for MHRM in University of Regina
Refused primarily because I wasn't "totally truthful" in my application. I had clicked yes on the previous refusal of visas but unfortunately it was only the details of my previous study permit application I dwelt on. Other excuses about section R216 ie not leaving Canada were mentioned in the rejection but my GCMS highlighted that the VO's main concern was the non-declaration of the US visa refusal.

3rd Application -7th March, 2021
NSE request - 12th March, 2021
NSE submission- 3rd April, 2021
L,R,W,S were 9,9,7.5,7.5 respectively (screenshot was uploaded since hard copy hadn't been received)
11th April,2021 hard copy was scanned and sent via webform
14th April, 2021 NSE documents were acknowledged. Eligibility review commenced.
April 30th, 2021 Upfront medicals
May 19th, 2021 Medical report updated to passed
June 1st, 2021 webform informing IRCC of admission extension/deferral
June 4th, 2021 acknowledgement email of mail sent.
June 9th, 2021 correspondence letter and original passport request

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
All relevant IMM forms
Admission letter

PROOF OF FUNDS
Receipt of 20k CAD paid to the school
Sponsor is my husband
I submitted;
* his employment letter,
*promotion letters
* payslips and a letter of introduction from his office.
*Plus his bank statements and a reference letter from his bank which stated that I am a signatory to his accounts.
* Pension accounts statements
* Various investments/shares documents
* Title documents of properties owned (3 in total no valuation done, I only gave an estimated value of the properties) Also included were pictures of the properties.

# For myself, I only submitted my employment letter, confirmation of employment and introduction letter from my employer.
I stated in my SOP that since I will not be earning an income through the duration of my studies I don't feel the need to submit my own bank details so it doesn't divert the attention ,(not stated in those exact words o)

International passports of myself, my husband and 3 kids. They serve as home ties.

I hope I haven't left anything out.

I graduated with a 2.2 in accounting and finance but got the MHRM offer through the experience route which is for people who have worked in HR for about 7years and above. I had to write a convincing letter to the graduate school and was given the grwenlight to go ahead with my application

I am 37 going on 38 in August but that didn't deter me. grin

Thank you so much @frankrobbn1 @justwise @lekiboboe and all the other contributors too numerous to mention. You are a blessing!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by skull4eva: 7:49pm On Jun 15, 2021
MissMC:
Hello house,
Good evening. Please i have a slight challenge. I just got an email from IRCC asking to renew my medicals as it expires in August. My questions are:
1. I travel in July, do i still need to do it before leaving?
2. If i renew it, would it affect my visa already issued, and the whole process?
3. How long will it take for IRCC to receive it and update it.
4. What happens if i travel without renewing it?

I am so confused and i'll really appreciate all the help and advice i can get. who else is having this problem?

For your question I have a friend here on Nairaland is Moniker is Blavkmaann also had the same email from IRCC
It is advisable u get another medical done the hospital will upload it for you but incase they don't do that in time take the slip u were given in the hospital along so that at the port of entry if the CBSA officer request it, you will have evidence to prove that you have renewed your medical
2. if you renew it won't affect your issued visa as it remains valid it is just that if the medical is not renewed u might be turned back at the port of entry by the officer there.
3. IRCC will receive the update as soon as the hospital uploads it. Now if u can get a slot for medical at IOM I would advise that because i am aware that IOM sends you results to you via mail if u request. So that can serve as more concrete evidence for the officer to see.
4. WHAT HAPPENS? anyway, I can't say but sincerely it depends on the officer at the port of entry as some might send such applicant back while some might be lenient but it is better done than sorry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by yoyu: 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hassan19:

It’s usually very fast. I used it to pay my application fees.
Try refreshing the page as earlier suggested.

If I remember correctly, there’s a Naira Card that’s “automatically” funded when you fund the account( usually a Wema Bank account)
However, for foreign currencies you would have to create a “ Virtual Dollar Card” ( it costs about $1) which would be not be funded until you fund it. Current rate is about N507/$1. I hope this answers your question.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maangel01: 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2021
Blavkmaann:
Wahala no Dey finish for this life o,

Some people dey Wey Dey find Medica request

Some Dey now their prayer na PPR

Some prayer na make dem stamp Counterfoil for their passport

Some of us Wey den don stamp... confusion of next steps still Dey....

Ha, abi they said this Canada thing is fun.... those Wey Dey there, tak now oooo, hope no more stress after I land.... I need to relax and be taken kiaruf please

Lol wahala no dey ever finish... when you land another set of wahala dey wait, but truly that's the spice of life. Sure with God, you have the capacity to overcome them one step at a time.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bhyy(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi All,

Please i have a question, i applied for Canadian study permit (NSE route) on the 22nd May and eligibility review started June 8. I got admission into UNB and i paid a non refundable fee of CAD1k which was what i used to support my application. I have not paid any amount from the tuition fee of CAD35k.

Will this have any effect of the study permit approval?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maangel01: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2021
Heloo Guys, pls help me reason this...

Someone already has a UK study visa but his admission for Canada study has just dropped and he wants to apply and switch over to Canada.

He actually preferred Canada but the admission was delayed and he pursued the admission and visa for UK because he wasn't patient.

Is it possible?

Does he even have any chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:04pm On Jun 15, 2021
Bhyy:
Hi All,

Please i have a question, i applied for Canadian study permit (NSE route) on the 22nd May and eligibility review started June 8. I got admission into UNB and i paid a non refundable fee of CAD1k which was what i used to support my application. I have not paid any amount from the tuition fee of CAD35k.

Will this have any effect of the study permit approval?

Thanks
if you have shown enough proof of funds, it will not affect it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omalinze: 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi all. Please I hav an urgent question. I did my biometrics in Abuja. But am currently in Kumasi Ghana due to my work. Is it advisable I send my passport for stamping to Abuja were I did my biometrics or to Accra? But I will be back in Nigeria in two weeks time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MissMC: 8:19pm On Jun 15, 2021
Thank you so much. This was very helpful.

skull4eva:

For your question I have a friend here on Nairaland is Moniker is Blavkmaann also had the same email from IRCC
It is advisable u get another medical done the hospital will upload it for you but incase they don't do that in time take the slip u were given in the hospital along so that at the port of entry if the CBSA officer request it, you will have evidence to prove that you have renewed your medical
2. if you renew it won't affect your issued visa as it remains valid it is just that if the medical is not renewed u might be turned back at the port of entry by the officer there.
3. IRCC will receive the update as soon as the hospital uploads it. Now if u can get a slot for medical at IOM I would advise that because i am aware that IOM sends you results to you via mail if u request. So that can serve as more concrete evidence for the officer to see.
4. WHAT HAPPENS? anyway, I can't say but sincerely it depends on the officer at the port of entry as some might send such applicant back while some might be lenient but it is better done than sorry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kriptune: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2021
EmeeNaka:
IOM ikeja and Qlife Family clinic Victoria Island

Please how much is the medical at both hospitals and what do they test for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
Kriptune:

Please how much is the medical at both hospitals and what do they test for
I know of Qlife, it cost #40,000.
They carry out Chest X-ray, Vision test, Urinalysis, and so on.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2021
I suggest you send to Abuja but find out if they will allow you indicate Nigeria (whjatever city you are based in) as return address. If that is not possible and you are unable to predict how long the passport could spend in Kumasi before it is returned to you there (plus they might send to Abuja for stamping regardless), them my humble advice is to wait for two weeks when you get back to base, before you send. Just my own opinion - and what I would consider to take a decision - if I was in your shoes.

Omalinze:
Hi all. Please I hav an urgent question. I did my biometrics in Abuja. But am currently in Kumasi Ghana due to my work. Is it advisable I send my passport for stamping to Abuja were I did my biometrics or to Accra? But I will be back in Nigeria in two weeks time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi,

Can you answer these related questions to enable us understand the situation and better respond.

Has the person left for the UK already or still in Nigeria and trying to reconsider? When is the resumption date in the UK vs. Canada?

In the interim this is what I think:

The application can be put in with a good justification in the SOP for why he is reconsidering going to Canada instead of the UK. It is not impossible to get a positive outcome. My fear is just that the adage of a bird in hand and the one in the bush.

maangel01:
Heloo Guys, pls help me reason this...

Someone already has a UK study visa but his admission for Canada study has just dropped and he wants to apply and switch over to Canada.

He actually preferred Canada but the admission was delayed and he pursued the admission and visa for UK because he wasn't patient.

Is it possible?

Does he even have any chance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EngrEgghead: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2021
I just wrote to my pension body, requesting that they should generate a letter for me, stating that I will be using part of my pension to support myself while schooling in Canada.
They have actually replied me, asking me to fill an attached reference letter, specifying the correct address and location the letter should be addressed to.

Please house, which is the correct IRCC address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elizyous: 9:07pm On Jun 15, 2021
Hi, am going to calgary in july as well

Jeff5gold:
Anyone traveling to Canada (Edmonton) by July??.......hit me up let’s plan our movement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kriptune: 9:18pm On Jun 15, 2021
EmeeNaka:
I know of Qlife, it cost #40,000.
They carry out Chest X-ray, Vision test, Urinalysis, and so on.

Thank you very much.

I was asking so maybe if there was something one could undergo some treatment if need be for what they might test during medicals to ensure a good result
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 15, 2021
shupy:

Thank you very much for this follow-up. Everyone else dismissed the advice given to the OP. It's a difficult circumstance and they were all saying there's no reason to be concerned. Nothing is impossible but a false hope in the name of being positive is dangerous especially when the red flags can be addressed.
I have come to realise people would rather listen to those that give them high expectations than those that are realistic. I'm going to start keeping my opinion to myself. Nairaland doesn't show the true reality of application refusal rate. It's easy to give an update about PPR, it takes a lot to write about application refusal. Only a very few are able to do so and it's important we learn from their experience.
please dont keep ur opinions to ur self.u dont know how much this informed opinion help ppl.like the saying goes, no 2 applications are the same.and mind u proof of funds is not the only thing they look at.they look at the probability of the person returning home if he does not even have savings at 40 or 45 years.they may see the person as an Economic immigrant except the person can give irrefutable evidence of properties or genuine investments in Nigeria. it will end in praise

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (676)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.