Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,841 members, 7,820,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692564 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nikky6: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Beebeegirll:

Hello
Hey,where can I reach you on?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nikky6: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Canada on a Monday and arriving in Canada on a Tuesday. I am in a dilemma about when I should do my covid test. If I do it on Friday afternoon, by monday afternoon, 72 hrs would have elapsed. Is there any covid testing center that operates on Satuday or Sunday?

If yes, how much do they do the covid test ?
Idk about centers that operate on Saturday or Sunday but I know you can do it at the airport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 12:26pm On Jul 12, 2021
[quote author=base83 post=103628589]I have been to two centres today and got the August/September reply too.
Please whoever has information on a centre actively still giving the first dose should assist with details.
The Sept date defeats the purpose of full vaccination before travel for Fall intake.

In Abia state here,precisely umuahia, the nurses are the one begging people to come get the vaccine..a lot of people here do not even have any idea there's a vaccine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 12:33pm On Jul 12, 2021
Guys am new here and I have been following this thread for quite sometime now,my husband got admission to study computer science at Bishop's university Quebec,He got a full tuition waiver,while applying for study permit, we included the temporary CAQ(Certificate de Acceptance Due Quebec) but uptill now the hard copy has not yet arrived.

I want to know if anyone has applied for a school in that province (Quebec) and if you actually got d CAQ because my husband is really worried about it that maybe they had forgotten him and I heard you're expected to show it at the port of entry if you're given a study permit..
Besides I have never heard anyone here talk about Bishops University Quebec.
We are still awaiting our PPR ...he applied May 19th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
GCMS take longer days too to arrive
someone advised you to order for your gcms notes around June 17 u said it took longer time to arrive. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Madeincanada: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
Greetings to all and congrats to PPR recipients. l submitted my visa application on May 13,2021 without upfront medical. Can I go for medicals and send to ircc using a webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
I submitted same date and I've done upfront medicals
Madeincanada:
Greetings to all and congrats to PPR recipients. l submitted my visa application on May 13,2021 without upfront medical. Can I go for medicals and send to ircc using a webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2021
Olanrewajuluke1:
Am seriously tired anytime I remembered my Application since October last last year, pls the fastest way to get GCMS

You were told here to order your GCMS note on June 17 last month!!! Assuming you have done it, your GCMS note will be available this week.

Unfortunately no faster way in getting GCMS Note, It takes 30 days to 35 days. I'm just wondering why didn't you take the advice because you are still complaining about the same thing!!

My question or our question will be why didn't you do it last time you were advised to do so?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2021
Please someone should answer my question concerning CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2021
donmyzy:
I'm applying for a student visa and I need help establish good ties back to naija
- I'm applying for pgd at Nbcc
- I have 2 siblings in new Brunswick
- My dad is sponsoring me
- I just finished uni and nysc
-currently job hunting
What can I do to improve my chances for a successful application

Please I need your advice
Try this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Madeincanada: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Blazca:
I submitted same date and I've done upfront medicals

Thanks for your response. Please clarify if you submitted your application with upfront medicals or did you send it through web form?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Beebeegirll: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nikky6:

Hey,where can I reach you on?

Email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2021
Good afternoon. It has been a while since i came here. Congrats to everyone that has gotten their PPR.

Meanwhile, what school can you advise one to apply to for nursing. someone with 3rd class

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:54pm On Jul 12, 2021
Guys, I haven't seen this type before o

applied on Thursday
declined on Sunday

Happened to someone in UAE
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2021
Nikky6:
Please, who chose memorial university and is going for this fall?
I did but winter2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2021
I got an admission in bishop university yes you need to apply for your CAQ when I applied it took about 21 days then I got it although that was in 2019 I didn’t get the study permit then now I got the study permit I have not reapplied I’m trying august 3 but my old CAQ isn’t expired yet.
You applied for the CAQ with the study permit to IRCC?
Chisolove3:
Guys am new here and I have been following this thread for quite sometime now,my husband got admission to study computer science at Bishop's university Quebec,He got a full tuition waiver,while applying for study permit, we included the temporary CAQ(Certificate de Acceptance Due Quebec) but uptill now the hard copy has not yet arrived.

I want to know if anyone has applied for a school in that province (Quebec) and if you actually got d CAQ because my husband is really worried about it that maybe they had forgotten him and I heard you're expected to show it at the port of entry if you're given a study permit..
Besides I have never heard anyone here talk about Bishops University Quebec.
We are still awaiting our PPR ...he applied May 19th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2021
Mummy4life1:
I saw this on my account “Application/profile updated”. But no new message when I clicked on it, I guess that’s the ghost update, right ?

My eligibility hasn't started. Guru's should help me here please

Yes, that's ghost update. It means your application is being worked on.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2021
The two times I got Application/profile updated on my profile.... I got actual updates both times.
Check very well, maybe your eligibility has started or your medicals has been updated.

At other times when you see that status and there is no actual update on your account whatsoever, then that is a ghost update.

Mummy4life1:
I saw this on my account “Application/profile updated”. But no new message when I clicked on it, I guess that’s the ghost update, right ?

My eligibility hasn't started. Guru's should help me here please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2021
Haha! Please leave him o. Only him knows where the shoe is pinching him. Maybe there has been no update on his application since last year like he said. It’s better to voice out than die in silence.

lawfree638:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people sabi find trouble ehnnn
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2021
Yes they do. I dont have WAEC. It’s my NECO that I used to gain admission to George Brown College.

Activateoluwase:
Morning booses,

Just want to ask if Canada college accept NECO results for study permit and for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 2:12pm On Jul 12, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:
I got an admission in bishop university yes you need to apply for your CAQ when I applied it took about 21 days then I got it although that was in 2019 I didn’t get the study permit then now I got the study permit I have not reapplied I’m trying august 3 but my old CAQ isn’t expired yet.
You applied for the CAQ with the study permit to IRCC?

Yes my husband applied for the CAQ first before applying for study permit, they gave him the temporary acceptance through mail and they told him they will send him the hard copy through a courier service, that's since April o...up till now we haven't seen anything... I don't know if there's any way we can reach out to them....are you also on tuition waiver and I hope you don't mind sharing why you were denied the last time and what you did differently now that made them issue you a study permit
Awaiting your response @meemeeibrahim22
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
Hello Gani! I remember that we were in the same situation too. My GCM note arrived over the weekend. Infact based on your notes, I think it’s the same VO that is both working on our applications.

These reasons are not hard to address. You need to explain all lump sums again in your account with evidence, asides from the gift deed, You need to establish your relationship with this person, provide a support letter and evidence of what this person does or evidence of their income.

and also declare why your studying in Canada is a reasonable expense. It is advisable that you have funds in your account to pay for your transport back to Naija and that you will have some money left upon your return.... And also, what you stand to gain here from studying your course and the opportunities here that are attractive. It is well

ganiruogene:
Good morning all

I just got my GCMS notes after being delayed last month. I intend reapplying soon. Please what advice can you give to aide my reapplication to be successful.
I tried to explain the major lump sums in the first application with a gift deed.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2021
Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Canada on a Monday and arriving in Canada on a Tuesday. I am in a dilemma about when I should do my covid test. If I do it on Friday afternoon, by monday afternoon, 72 hrs would have elapsed. Is there any covid testing center that operates on Satuday or Sunday?

If yes, how much do they do the covid test ?

Afriglobal ....they are open Saturday and Sunday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Wendyok: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Mikediaye:
Am here��

Wooow let’s connect.....

Wendyokafor@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:25pm On Jul 12, 2021
Jeff5gold:

Afriglobal ....they are open Saturday and Sunday

MeCure opens any day and anytime

https://mecure.com.ng/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Geeneeka: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
Haaa this is the first time I'm hearing of this that was too soon.
lawfree638:

applied on Thursday
declined on Sunday

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2021
ritzzybaron:
The two times I got Application/profile updated on my profile.... I got actual updates both times.
Check very well, maybe your eligibility has started or your medicals has been updated.

At other times when you see that status and there is no actual update on your account whatsoever, then that is a ghost update.

My medical and Biometric show passed before the ghost update.

I received my gcms note last week. The status was in progress.

My Eligibility hasn't started. It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mummy4life1: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Thaiy:

Yes, that's ghost update. It means your application is being worked on.

It will end in praise
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2021
Very true. And also get a Sponsor if possible.... so you can add to your already existing funds. @ganiruogene

shupy:

Payment of tuition fee is not an essential requirement for approval, however; in your circumstance, you're better off paying for at least a semester
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:35pm On Jul 12, 2021
lawfree638:

applied on Thursday
declined on Sunday

you mean because it's just 3days or because it happened on Sunday? Was it refusal or the Application was returned?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2021
EmeeNaka:
you mean because it's just 3days or because it happened on Sunday? Was it refusal or the Application was returned?

REFUSAL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2021
You got PPR and left us >: undecided cry(
NwanyiOkpa:
Good afternoon. It has been a while since i came here. Congrats to everyone that has gotten their PPR.

Meanwhile, what school can you advise one to apply to for nursing. someone with 3rd class

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.