Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (725352 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kunbeeee: 11:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Did you get the full apartment or just a room? Trying to see if I can still cook my own food if I rent a room in the apartment.
Lianna2020:
Download the app and search your region it’s very easy , you can filter prices and book and also I traveled with my foodstuff and ordered online too and the woman had ingredients for guest.
I actually went out to get stuffs like sim n the likes
Sent you a mail..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lekefelix(m): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2021
Hi Eclint, I'm just seeing your response now. Let's connect!

eclint:
I have exceeded my limit, please mail me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lekefelix(m): 12:12am On Jul 19, 2021
Same here bro. Let's connect!

emmy4Gold:
I am here oooo. Though still awaiting visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 19, 2021
Backcheck:

Access bank is just trash, went there also, and i was told it might take up to a month as CBN isn’t approving transactions yet. Got pissed and left. Headed to sterling bank and I was told it take 3-10 working days. Filled the form and was debited on the 5th day.
wow.you had account with them I guess.how much did you transfer and at what rate ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Backcheck: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2021
Enjay316:

wow.you had account with them I guess.how much did you transfer and at what rate ?

Yes I did. Rate is 412Naira/USD. Maximum is 15k USD per quarter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ThePianoGuy: 1:38am On Jul 19, 2021
DrAFOguns:
Good morning, House.

Would having two active student visas from two countries raise eyebrows when applying for study permit?

One is for another masters degree program while the other is for a PhD.

The Canada study permit application is for a PhD.
notice from your post that your husband is in china, am also base in china currently and planning to apply for masters degree in Canada. is it possible to apply from china ? or I need go back to naija. please check your mail. thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by graceyajayi(f): 3:08am On Jul 19, 2021
IRCC has an update on medicals. If your medical is less than six months to it's expiration, you have to book for another one to be able to come to Canada.

makano:
1. Your Medicals is valid for 365 days. i.e 1 year.. After a year, you are expected to do another one...

2. To answer this, will ask a question. When is the said Passport expiring?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 4:22am On Jul 19, 2021
Yes got a room and shared the kitchen.
You can cook your own food.
It’s like a normal flat with basic amenities
kunbeeee:
Did you get the full apartment or just a room? Trying to see if I can still cook my own food if I rent a room in the apartment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 5:19am On Jul 19, 2021
makano:
1. Your Medicals is valid for 365 days. i.e 1 year.. After a year, you are expected to do another one...

2. To answer this, will ask a question. When is the said Passport expiring?

The passport doesn’t expire till 2024.. although I did a CAQ for Quebec that expires this year from 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 5:21am On Jul 19, 2021
lawfree638:

1. Validity of your medical examination is one year.

2. The date on the stamp means the validity of your travel visa. When you get to Canada, a study permit will be issued to you with a two years validity. The stamp just signifies that you have been issued a visa and must get into Canada before it expires hence why you are seeing 7months on it.

Your study permit you will get at the CBSA (port of entry) doesn’t give you the right to travel to or out of Canada. What gives access to travel into Canada is the stamp you're seeing on your visa and will expire in 7 months time.

Shalom!!!

Alright thank you
I think I understand it now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Geeneeka: 6:23am On Jul 19, 2021
I have a question to ask, please for those who sent their passport from lagos to abuja via DHL, how much was paid to Canada logistic collection account?

Please I need a quick response so I can print out the proof of payment and submit it at DHL this morning before going to work.

May this week bless ppr hopefuls in the house .
Amen

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ray007bu: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2021
Geeneeka:
I have a question to ask, please for those who sent their passport from lagos to abuja via DHL, how much was paid to Canada logistic collection account?

Please I need a quick response so I can print out the proof of payment and submit it at DHL this morning before going to work.

May this week bless ppr hopefuls in the house .
Amen

#Copied

PASSPORT STAMPING.

Abuja address
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Requirement

If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid .
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying 7430 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.
Buy an envelope

put two photocopies of your passport data page

your yellow or white biometrics slip

passport request letter

consent form downloaded and signed

Print out receipts of the 7430 too

Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form, passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Geeneeka: 6:51am On Jul 19, 2021
Thank you so much for the response.
ray007bu:

#Copied

PASSPORT STAMPING.

Abuja address
Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Requirement

If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Lagos , no fees is paid .
But If you did biometrics in Lagos and want to send to Abuja , you are paying 7430 to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) sterling bank.
Buy an envelope

put two photocopies of your passport data page

your yellow or white biometrics slip

passport request letter

consent form downloaded and signed

Print out receipts of the 7430 too

Note: you are signing just the second page of the consent form, passport itself

one plain sheet of paper where you can write your address and phone number .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Naomiwali: 6:53am On Jul 19, 2021
My Indian friend and I are starting classes in fall at the University of Saskatchewan.

We are looking at renting a 2 bedroom apartment on the first of September and we need an extra roommate. Pls reply if you are interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 19, 2021
Backcheck:

Yes I did. Rate is 412Naira/USD. Maximum is 15k USD per quarter
wow.nyz bro.thanks.which bank?.did you have account with them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 7:33am On Jul 19, 2021
Good morning bosses, please I need someone to recommend colleges apart from FANSHAWE AND GEORGE BROWN, that offers health related courses in Dental Technology, Dental Hygienists, clinical period ontology,restorative and periodontal practice, periodontology and Implantology. With application fees below 100CAD. College with low tuition fees should also be put into consideration.
@justmellow
@frankroben
@lekibobo and other gurus.
Thank you while we're awaiting your responses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maralina: 7:35am On Jul 19, 2021
kunbeeee:

If you can’t cook your own food you can always order food. Download UberEats app, there are a whole lot of restaurants on there you can order food from including nigerian food. You can check that out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by maralina: 7:39am On Jul 19, 2021
Activateoluwase:
Good morning bosses, please I need someone to recommend colleges apart from FANSHAWE AND GEORGE BROWN, that offers health related courses in Dental Technology, Dental Hygienists, clinical period ontology,restorative and periodontal practice, periodontology and Implantology. With application fees below 100CAD. College with low tuition fees should also be put into consideration.
@justmellow
@frankroben
@lekibobo and other gurus.
Thank you while we're awaiting your responses

Depends on what province/city you looking at.
I can recommend HUMBER COLLEGE cause I just graduated from there
You can check SENECA COLLEGE too (but it’s highly competitive, your chances of getting accepted are slim, IMO and previous experience)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by obilec: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2021
This is so helpful, thank you so much.

Please how did it take to be returned?
Residentourist:
So sorry for the delayed response.
What I did in my case, since I couldn't find the slip too after 5 years was to pay the transmission fee and send my package to Abuja (my biometrics was done in Lagos) It was a win-win situation because a lot of people claimed Abuja was faster in processing the visa (which turned out to be true) and also saved me the hassle of not having the slip and receipt.

Items submitted
# My passport
# The receipt of payment of the transmission fee
# Correspondence letter from IRCC requesting your passport
# Consent form

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Klem28(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2021
JustMellow:

Hello Klem28,

It may have been updated long ago even if it has not reflected on your dashboard in real-time. Also, you could send a warm inquiry on the status of your bio using the webform and/or email.

Relax, it will be updated with time. However, you can also request your notes.

Best of Luck
I'm so glad to note your information and suggestion. God bless you real good[b]@JustMellow[/b]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2021
I know someone that will be needing accommodation at the USak. How much is it and can you please drop your email address let's connect.

Naomiwali:
My Indian friend and I are starting classes in fall at the University of Saskatchewan.

We are looking at renting a 2 bedroom apartment on the first of September and we need an extra roommate. Pls reply if you are interested.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Good morning beautiful people...
Please I need to ask if vfs and its environ is accessible for those of us that want to come over for biometric, because of the flood that we heard about in lekki.
Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Naomiwali: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2021
I've sent you an email
SweetJJ:
I know someone that will be needing accommodation at the USak. How much is it and can you please drop your email address let's connect.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2021
maralina:

You can check SENECA COLLEGE too (but it’s highly competitive, your chances of getting accepted are slim, IMO and previous experience)

Thank you Maralina, pls check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Activateoluwase: 10:17am On Jul 19, 2021
maralina:

I don't HUMBER COLLEGE offers any of those courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2021
Okay... The stamp just signifies you must leave Nigeria(or where ever you are) to Canada before 7 months. When you get there, you will be issued with your study permit at the POE for you to be Eligible to study in Canada..

Peace
meemeeibrahim22:

The passport doesn’t expire till 2024.. although I did a CAQ for Quebec that expires this year from 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 10:26am On Jul 19, 2021
Okay, good... When did this update start and also can you pull it out where it was stated on the IRCC website?.

Peace
graceyajayi:
IRCC has an update on medicals. If your medical is less than six months to it's expiration, you have to book for another one to be able to come to Canada.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Boye0147: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2021
Ghost reader!
Bvl and PPR just arrived!
What God cannot do, doesnt exist

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Boye0147:
Ghost reader!

Yayyyy...Congratulations!
First PPR of the week!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Boye0147:
Ghost reader!

Finally, I was eager to hear the good news.

Congratulations

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 10:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Boye0147:
Ghost reader!

Congratulations. Kindly furnish us with your timeline

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (676)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General Australian Visa Enquiries