Stats: 3,155,838 members, 7,828,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (697291 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ogunleyesijibomi: 10:50am On Jul 24, 2021
[quote author=Lianna2020 post=104032875]

Victoriavic... Let's work together on ur application for free. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2021
Congratulations to you and your FAM

Yyum:
Praise God with me my family!
PPR FOR MYSELF AND FAMILY!!!!
Feb 4th applicant!
I am still shaking.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2021
Congratulations Chikacic , your story is quite inspiring .. May canada favor you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2021
Congratulations to you and your FAM.

Kkddyit:
Veryyyyyy long post alert!!!

PPR for my entire family grin grin. Our God is faithful.

In 2018 after a family trip to Dubai, we concluded exploring Canada or Australia.

After several attempts at the EE, we decided to go through the study permit route.
With my MSC, I decided to look for a PhD admission in 2018. (This was a rigorous process) I finally got an admission in December 2020.

Application submitted Jan 15th 2021
Biometric done Jan 19th updated same day.
NSE request Feb 2nd, for MBS and IELTS.
Responded same day and acknowledged Feb 5th. I only submitted my IELTS and LOE for the MBS
Upfront medical updated Feb 11.
Spouse eligibility and one of the kids started Feb 11.
Longest waittttttt of my life.
My eligibility started April 12.
Requested for 1st note, no so much information.
2nd note, status came back as recommend interview.
3rd note, received May 26th, status came back as review required.
In between, there were ghost updates.
Last ghost update was on 12th July.
PPR 22nd July.

Documents submitted.
For me:
All the Immigration documents
WES document
My certificates (ND, HND, BSC, MsC, CIPM, ICAN)
Email exchanges between I and my supervisor.
CV ( I have been working in a corporate environment all my life, so you dont have to be in academics to convince the VO for your PhD)
Property valuation for my landed properties. (Not professional valuation, just got a letter from the property company)
Pay slips for the last 3months.
Promotion letter
Police report
Vehicle document
Marriage certificate
My complementary card
Work ID card
Pension statement.
NYSC certificate
Passport pages for travel history. (SA, Kenya and UAE) I never travel well well. Lol
Family pictures
LOE

POF
Partial funding of 14k CAD per annum
Stanbic mutual funds statement. N5.8mio
Bank statements $4k and N1.2mio
Fixed deposit: 11mio

For my wife:
Her work related do documents (ID, trainings, promotion letters etc)
Her stanbic pension statements
LoE
Her certificates

For the kids:
Vaccination cards
Birth certificates
School pictures
Reports cards

Guys, I won't say my application was perfect, but his grace was sufficient. And at 38yrs, age shouldn't be a barrier! I'm sure someone is inspired. I'm still speechless!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2021
Congratulations , .may your joy be permanent

Subbyshal:
Guysssssssss I got PPR!!
I am so thankful to God and FrankRobbn.
Will post details later.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats !!!

GhildishCambino:
PPR just dropped this��

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats!!!

ray007bu:
��������PPR just landed!!! I’ve been writing my timeline in faith so here it is.

Application Timeline
Submitted April 23, 2021
Biometrics request April 24, 2021
NSE request April 26, 2021 (sent a message 2 days later via web form requesting normal application processing )
Biometrics completed April 28, 2021
Upfront medicals passed May 19, 2021
1st Ghost update on 23 May, 2021
2nd ghost update on 30th May, 2021
3rd ghost update on 11th June, 2021
Sent additional documents via web form 16th June 2021 to Nairobi
Followup web forms and emails weekly
Ghost update last night
BVL and PPR today July 22nd

Secured a fully funded scholarship from York University and 5k additional funding from my sponsor (mom).

Documents submitted;
WAEC and BSc certificates
Undergraduate transcript and Award as Departmental Best Graduating Student
Academic CV
Birth certificate and Affidavit of correction of name
Sponsor letter from my mom and bank statement (6 months)
Parents retirement letter and Mother’s birth certificate
Employment letter and letter from employer
NYSC certificate
NIN
Online certifications related to my program
Letter of Explanation concerning lump sum in sponsor’s account
Enrollment letter (sent few days ago)

���������I can’t thank God enough. God of Wonders has done it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2021
Yesssoo , it will choke !!

Teenie19:
Not yet! but I can feel my testimony is around the corner! thanks for checking in.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Rbae: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2021
Here is the screenshot of the GCMs note. The sponsor is a 3rd party. My cousin is his P.A and we are not related by blood.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2021
Oh no...so sorry to hear this. Please apply for your gcms notes for more details. We have some gurus here that can guide you on what to do.
You can also reach out to Frankrobbn for his professional services.
I wish you all the best in your reapplication!

shawn55ng:
Good morning all,
It is really a bad news for me today. My application was refused based on home tie.

Pls what other option is open for me or how do I apply for gcms? I honestly need an experience person to guide me as I'm really scattered now.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Register my application. Create an account to get more details on the status of your application
and to receive your mail online. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/
link.asp.
When should I contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?

You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include
• changes in your personal circumstances, such as the birth or adoption of a child, death of a
family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• changes in contact information, such as email, mailing address or telephone number;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats sis

taminat:
PPR! Third time is the charm.

I had extensive and clean travel history, employment history, solid proof of funds but i had zero home ties and to make matters “worse” i had just made a career change. My refusals were formed around home ties and purpose of visit which i unsuccessfully tried to address with SOPs and study plans for over two years. I couldn’t conjure home ties where there was none neither could i continue in my old career. I was at a fix and my second refusal baffled me so much that i angrily decided to push it to the back burner and carry on with my life and career as they were. Every single time that i had to declare these refusals on any visa application made me feel like a failure all over again. It felt like i had good intentions to study but because i had no immediate family member in nigeria i was been judged and also being punished for changing my career. I was helpless and i hated it!

As it is with strong desires regardless of passage of time, i found myself on this journey again more determined than my past and i secured 3 admissions. Winnipeg’s PACE was my preference but my admission came late after i had made my tuition deposit to my second choice. I decided to engage a consultant to do the rest because I didn’t want to be emotionally invested and bogged down like before so i refused to put myself through it again.

My personal and professional circumstances had changed over the years so we put our best foot forward. They drafted my sop, i reviewed it, made minute correction and approved it. We applied without nse requirements since co-sponsor didn’t have mbs. On the submission date, i prayed for speed and good news and specifically requested for my application to be finalized before the end of July. Today, i praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Application submitted-21st April
Upfront medicals- 21st April
Medicals updated-19th May
Eligibility and ghost updates- i have no idea because i restrained myself from knowing
Ppr- 21st July

Documents submitted
Admission letter, 10k tuition deposit receipt
Proof of funds- Real estate documents, employment documents of main sponsor and myself as well as bank statements, payslips, introduction letter, e.t.c total funds exceeded nse requirements.
Personal documents such as birth and marriage certificates
Academic documents

God bless everyone who answered my many questions and reviewed my sop’s even as far back as part 5 and everyone who gives back to this thread. Lekiboboe’s posts guided me in my program applications, Insanity’s 2020 post guided me in my pp submission today and so many other posts that have proven insightful and helpful. I hope everyone on this thread experiences even greater joy than i have today and those who have had refusals find the resilience and assistance needed for a successful reapplication. Amen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anyanwu2003(f): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2021
@frankrobn1 please my gcms note come back blank. No pre assessment note. Sent web form last week. Eligibility started Wednesday with one ghost update. Also got a letter from Nairobi. My application in under review but can say when decision will be made... just generic letter.. And I am to resume Aug 13th...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 11:20am On Jul 24, 2021
Sorry for the delay. Wait for the gurus here to guide on how to tackle the refusal well.
It will surely end well for you in your reapplication by God's grace.

feistymikey:
Good morning guys, my study permit application was recently refused. And this was the only reason when I ordered my gcms notes. How do I tackle this please?

Secondly, I’m supposed to resume by September, I’m thinking of deferring but my course is only available for September resumption.
What happens If I change my course? Will I have to write a new SOP, and change all my information??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:24am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats

afrobrown2000:
PPR request just landed
May 13th 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2021

Lekiboboe:

Sound It!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afrobrown2000: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2021
@RollyA God will make it happen in due course ...keep in touch wifey will definitely need naija friends
RollyA:

That’s my school too, but I’m still waiting PPR. April 17 applicant. Congrats to your wife

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2021
Congratulations!!

Tobs4sure:
PPR !!!!
May 12th Applicant. NSE
Full details later
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:30am On Jul 24, 2021
May your joy be permanent , congrats

demure178:
So, today was the first day, I was 6 pages before the current page, and I skipped because I do read every page and I do pray for everyone who ppr just drop as my prayer point when reading through. And wish everyone who is waiting for it also

Reason is..

MY PPR DROP SOME HOURS AGO.

If you know my story.
Omo u go help me happy.
Tru what God can’t do
Doesn’t exist

I applied with just 1 million naira available funds
And I have a transaction history of 500 million

Like someone said yesterday, 3rd time is always a banger
My 3rd time

I promised God if my ppr dropped, I would come and be thankful to this platform.

Make I go call my mama, I Dey come for long explanation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:36am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats

tipsycares1:
PPR just dropped!!!

Second time applicant

What God Cannot do does not exist

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2021
shagamite:

BUSINESS education 2018, nysc experience as a teacher , i chose to study CURRICULUM STUDIES at U of Saskatchewan with 3.47 , pls I'd welcome suggestions for a sku i hold a chance of admission
There is actually no Canadian University you can be rest assured of an admission spot, it all depends on the Graduate school application package you submitted if it's strong/airtight or not, cos the competition for graduate school in Canada is high, and there are lots of international students who have good academic standing, research experience etc.

Though your overall 3.47 CGPA is not a 2.1, but if your last two years CGPA is strong e.g if you had high CGPA's in your 400L & 500L (a cumulative weighted average of at least a 70% (e.g USask grade system equivalent) in the last two years of study (e.g. 60 credit units),
you might stand a chance for admission, cos Lot's of Canadian Universities emphasize on the LAST TWO YEARS CGPA requirements a lot, but it's not always about CGPA, your ability to convince a Professor of Curriculum Studies (in a particular research area) that you would be a good fit in his/her research group is what you should work on.

Since University of Saskatchewan is one of your Choice for a Masters in Curriculum Studies, try to look for Professor in that Curriculum studies faculty and let him or her know you are interested in working his/her Research Group.

See the link below, you would see PROFESSORS of Curriculum studies at the University of Saskatchewan, with their Research Focus being listed, then do your due diligence on them before Mailing them (Cold Mail)
https://grad.usask.ca/programs/curriculum-studies.php#Researchsupervisors

How can you do your due diligence?

In best interest, take your time & go through the contents in the link below so you can prepare & package yourself for a Masters Admission in Curriculum Studies against 2022 admission intake (Apply the scenerio there to your own field of discipline)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

There are other Universities in Canada offering Masters in Curriculum Studies (over 14 universities), in order not to put all your eggs in one basket by focusing on only University of Saskatchewan, see the link below and do your due diligence on the other schools one by one

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Curriculum&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=ENGLISH

Good luck!!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2021
Congrats !!

Tobs4sure:
Back here. Long post !! Really grateful to God for this. I've been a silent reader. Thanks to all the gurus and everyone praying and steady giving us hope on this platform.

Timeline; (first time applicant, NSE route)

Applied on - May 12th
Biometrics request - May 13th
Upfront medical - completed on 22nd of March.. Updated to pass on May 17th
Completed Biometrics -May 24th (updated on site the same day)
NSE request - May 24th (the morning of my biometrics appointment)
Submitted NSE documents on the 27th or 28th (can't fully recollect).. I had done IELTS in 2020 already
Acknowledgement of receipt and eligibility review started on - June 2nd
Ghost updates - June 29, July 6, July 7, July 14th (not sure if i caught all, wasn't really checking until late June)
BVL & PPR - 23rd of July

Client information
PERSONAL STATEMENT
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
SWORN AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE OF NAME (middle name change)
UNIVERSITY CERTIFICATE
UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT
HIGH SCHOOL EXAMINATION CERTIFICATE ( Waec result)
NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS CERTIFICATE
CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST INSTITUTE NOTIFICATION
IELTS TEST REPORT FORM
RESUME
POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE
INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT VISAS ( i only showed for the US but mentioned my visit to other countries in my personal statement)
Work ID AND PAY STUBS
Personal INVESTMENT CONFIRMATION LETTER just about 1M
PICTURES (Family picture, picture of me in a community outreach- linked this to part of my proof of ties to home country)

Proof of financial support

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP from my parent
SWORN AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
REFERENCE LETTER FROM BANK
BANK STATEMENT ( early double digit in millions)
MPOWER FINANCING LOAN OFFER ( 25k USD)
INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT BIO DATA PAGE
CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION of sponsor's company
Sponsor's work ID
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
DEED OF ASSIGNMENT and valuations of about 4 properties.

I pray that all that are waiting would feel the joy and relief I'm feeling now !. We all will testify!!!! Thanks again to everyone that contributes here and helps out. God bless you !!

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 11:41am On Jul 24, 2021
I'm so sorry about this , best wishes in your next app .. Please stay strong.

shawn55ng:
Good morning all,
It is really a bad news for me today. My application was refused based on home tie.

Pls what other option is open for me or how do I apply for gcms? I honestly need an experience person to guide me as I'm really scattered now.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Register my application. Create an account to get more details on the status of your application
and to receive your mail online. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/
link.asp.
When should I contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?

You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include
• changes in your personal circumstances, such as the birth or adoption of a child, death of a
family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• changes in contact information, such as email, mailing address or telephone number;
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2021
Rbae:
Here is the screenshot of the GCMs note. The sponsor is a 3rd party. My cousin is his P.A and we are not related by blood.

Canada student visa na just luck

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2021
Testimonytime:

Thank God for the rain of ppr yesterday. I pray it fall on those of us at the waiting room in Jesus name.
Please , I will appreciate answers to the following questions

1. Is it possible to pay my second semester fee through Form A?
2. If yes what do I need to render to my bank?

Yes you can, but you're limited to a maximum of $15,000 usd quarterly.

You'll need to tender
1. Letter of Admission.
2. Educational certificate.
3. International passport.
4. Authorization letter from the intermidiary (in most cases)
5. Can't remember again o.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2021
Elyasix:
Guy I got this message after submitting additional information for my application which would be 2months on the 29th of July, 2021. I submitted this additional information few days ago because I didn't hear from IRCC since they sent me submission confirmation letter on the 29th of May. Please help me out guys! God bless you all!

Endeavor to send it again via webform and mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2021
Rbae:
My cousin has a B.sc In Industrial Relations and personnel management. An agent we paid hugely applied for a diploma course for him last year and his student visa application was denied in January. He was heartbroken...i was sad too .

I was advised here to get him a GCMS note. My cousin in Canada got us an immigration lawyer and we were able to get the GCMS note.

He has reapplied for Graduate certificate in Global business management now tho.
Below is my cousins GCMS notes. Please, what can he do to have a better chance this time around? SPONSOR IS 3RD PARTY.

The reviewing officer was not satisfied that you are sufficiently established in your home country to leave Canada at the end of your study based on the below points:

Item 1 - Purpose of Visit

Item 2 - Assets

So sorry about the outcome of your cousin's application. While you await response from the Gurus, based on the GCMS notes, it's very obvious there is no Academic Progression in your Cousins Application, that is, his Job and education is not related to what he studied which brought about a Wrong Purpose of Visit to Canada (To Study)

Also, the qualification of the Program he is going for is lesser than his Educational Qualification. That is, a B.SC Holder going for a Diploma. Those who follow this path (BSC to Diploma) and got approval are just lucky. It is not advisable.

That being said,
- Does he have a 2.1 or 2.2 ?
- Is his work experience related to Industrial Relations & personal management?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2021
What a wawuuuu! This one has exceeded showers of PPR! Thank you Lord.
Congratulations to the recent celebrants, Canada will favour you all.

Shawn, huge E hugs to you, delay is never denial, please fireback whenever you can after dotting all your I's and crossing the T'ees.

RollyA and Tennie! My peoole from wayback wink! Still waiting to celeberate you guys. I am praying and rooting for you...

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
shawn55ng:
Good morning all,

residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.;

This is quite painful, please be strong ok, it's just a delay and I know you'll surely testify soon.
You know the first thing before further step is getting your gcms note, you would have been in a better state by the time it arrives. Stay positive please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2021
It isn't compulsory, as we have seen applicants getting their PPR without the submission of NYSC certificate...

Not submitting it wont lead to a refusal as there are more important documents look out for in an application..

And at the same, it is a necessary document as there is no harm submitting it..

Peace..
olajigaolamide:
Is it compulsory to submit Nysc certificate?. I realize I did not include some document
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
My dear!!! Guess you are sleeping well these days. Our own eyes have plaster till the 2 beautiful mails drop.

We will laugh and rejoice soon. Thanks B

LadyBlaq:
What a wawuuuu! This one has exceeded showers of PPR! Thank you Lord.
Congratulations to the recent celebrants, Canada will favour you all.

Shawn, huge E hugs to you, delay is never denial, please fireback whenever you can after dotting all your I's and crossing the T'ees.

RollyA and Tennie! My peoole from wayback wink! Still waiting to celeberate you guys. I am praying and rooting for you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81