Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (442) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (685348 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
demure178:
I stay around ipaja, please who can tell me where I can take my vaccine?

Have you taken the 1st dose yet? I learnt they stopped the vaccine few weeks back but would resume in August. However, you can check out LASUTH tell the security guys you want to take vaccine or you ask that you are going to college or LASUCOM.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by McShime(m): 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2021
Is there Anyone going to Niagara College, Toronto this September, 2021?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sheryff: 3:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
Please, go ahead and do it. We (Myself, spouse and 9 month old son) did medical upfront, uploaded the e-medical via webform on 02nd June and it was updated Passed for all three of us 7th June. Since then everything startable in application have started as Principal applicant and nothing yet for my family. Just consider it as doing it upfront for her. Atleast you wont have to travel that journey again.

nifnifemi:
Since your daughter is accompanying yo, I will advice you do the medicals for her too .

Even though they have not requested for it , which they will still do by the time they want to process her application.

Typically IRRC processes the Primary Application first before attending to the Secondary application which is your daughter.

For instance , My Passport was requested while I await a passport request for my daughter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
shawn55ng:
Good morning all,
It is really a bad news for me today. My application was refused based on home tie.

Pls what other option is open for me or how do I apply for gcms? I honestly need an experience person to guide me as I'm really scattered now.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Register my application. Create an account to get more details on the status of your application
and to receive your mail online. Find out how: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/
link.asp.
When should I contact Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?

You must notify IRCC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include
• changes in your personal circumstances, such as the birth or adoption of a child, death of a
family member, a marriage or a divorce;
• changes in contact information, such as email, mailing address or telephone number;

It is only a delay, you get to come back strong with your reapplication, order your notes to be able to address concerns well.

Do not over think this, it is sad, be encouraged, and get pull yourself together.

I look forward to your reapplication and testimony.
It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by demure178(m): 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olaa123:

Ile epo general hospital
Do they give vaccines on Sunday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Debsogie20(f): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
Congratulations grin
My own PPR will soon drop in Jesus name Amen
#May applicant

bushguy22:
Client Member

PPR Gotten
date of application 5th May
upfront medical sent
upfront medical passed 19th May
Review of Eligibility started 22nd July
PPR 23rd July.

Background check still showing we are processing your background till now.

everyone application will always be different as we have different V.O handling them.

Don't lose hope, your own will come soonest

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
demure178:
We can connect bro, m not far from ipaja as well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
bushguy22:
Client Member

PPR Gotten
upfront medical sent
PPR 23rd July.

everyone application will always be different as we have different V.O handling them.

Congrats bro. Success and journey mercies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by demure178(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
JosephYemsol:

We can connect bro, m not far from ipaja as well
Sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ifeoluwadayofun(f): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Congratulations!

bushguy22:
Client Member

PPR Gotten
upfront medical sent
PPR 23rd July.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Otukemena: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
What is your exact destination in Ontario?
Perhaps a local flight can do that for u. (AirCanada)

demure178
post=104075051:

My port of entry is Toronto, then I would book a local ticket to Ontario. That’s what someone told me though. Using wakanow app. Is that okay or is there another you know about I can use?
Checking Ethiopian airlines, there would be a stop over at addis ababa, and Dublin. Hope that’s not a problem. I won’t need a visa for those country right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oziomaobj: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good day house. I have been a silent reader. I have a question: will sending my enrollment letter for fall semester to ircc with webform quicken approval of my application. #May 20.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 5:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
McShime:
Is there Anyone going to Niagara College, Toronto this September, 2021?
I am coming by December.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
[Yes you can write a short letter to know the status of your application and also tell them you have enrolled and the school is expecting you
quote author=Oziomaobj post=104082006]Good day house. I have been a silent reader. I have a question: will sending my enrollment letter for fall semester to ircc with webform quicken approval of my application. #May 20.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mconcept:
Please has anyone done medicals for a 3year okd

I got a medical request but none for my daughter .

I need an advice as I intend to be going for medicals next week.

Should I do for my daughter as well

I

I will advice you get your daughter medical done too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 5:42pm On Jul 25, 2021
hey guys i want to book my upfront medical but i don't want to pay online.
can i go to qlife anyday and just explain to them so i can do the medical exam that day and pay with POS?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
shupy:

I will suggest you emphasize on long term prospect of the intended program in Nigeria when writing your SOP. Make it seem very promising in Nigeria.

Your testimony is almost here, looking forward to your testimonies.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
hello, how are you? any update?

onyinyebibian:

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 25, 2021
bushguy22:
Client Member

PPR Gotten
upfront medical sent
PPR 23rd July.

Congratulations..... It ended in praise.

Canada will favour you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2021
jwizzy:
Why do most people prefer colleges to universities in canada
Below are Some reasons I feel people Prefer Colleges, and I would be talking based on Post Graduate Certificate - PG. Cert (this is based on my own little research & the below content is open to scrutiny)

- There are 2.1/first Class Graduates who are not interested in doing a Masters, so they opt for PG. Cert programs in Colleges cos some of them needs hands-on experience required by Canadian Employers, which PG.Cert in Colleges offer, though for them to apply for a study Visa they must explain with very cogent reasons on their SOP why they are going for a PG. Cert programs instead of a a Masters degree.

You might need to watch this brief YouTube video to see the reasons why some people go for College programs, most especially PG.Cert Programs. There is an assumption in the Canadian Job Markets that Master Degree holders are over qualified for a Particular position cos even the boss of the Organization/firm is just an ordinary diploma holder, but only upgraded himself with relevant certifications and relevant skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0YlD2MU010

If you love Research and you want to be an Academia or you are going for an Health/Medicine Related field, a Masters degree, PHD would be essential.

- There are people with 2.1 or First Class with 5-10years Work Experience in a Job not related to what they study, such person can't do a Masters so they opt for PG.Cert programs related to their work experience from a college

- 2.2 or 3rd Class is not able to go for Masters, but are eligible for a PG. Cert program in a college as related to their degree.

- Admission to most colleges don't take long, and requirements are not harsh, unlike the requirements for Masters, PHD.

- College Programs (PG. Cert) are flexible

Am sure there are more reasons why some people opt for college than a university, await more contributions from the house

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Olaa123:

Ile epo general hospital

Can you confirm if they are still giving vaccine for first timers here, some hospitals are saying what they have is for second dose receivers.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 25, 2021
demure178:

Kindly furnish us with information wherever you get the vaccination.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by flexerking(m): 5:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
Good day can anyone recommend best place to get covid test in ikeja and how much ? Result us by email right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 5:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
For the Country/Region, put your country of residence (in my case, I put Nigeria) and my nigerian phone number.

As for the error on the site, I guess it's just a temporary issue. Just follow whatever instruction given on the site.

Hope this helps.

shawn55ng:

Please where they wrote canada and a phone number am I suppose to leave it that way or change it to mine.

Also from the site they wrote
We are experiencing some technical glitch and if you have made a payment and haven't received a new order notification with order number from us, please write to us immediately.

Please what do I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Thaiy(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
shawn55ng:

Anon123 helped some people here.

However, you can also get it from
https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

Select the category you want, make payment using you card, you did get it in the next 30 days+. Due to volume of requests, there might be a delay.

Your next application will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by HorlarJP: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2021
Omiinii:
You can download the lessons from this link: https://mega.nz/folder/NYMTka4L#Sd231aBKJ00abFDGEcPEHQ . You can prep for the test in a week if dedicated I don't pdf's will be enough to pass well if you don't see the tricks first hand...i used a week and I got 7 bands overall aswell.
I think you should order your notes to confirm the reasons. As I heard the rejection letter is usually generic.

Thank you .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by HorlarJP: 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2021
Thaiy:

Anon123 helped some people here.

However, you can also get it from
https://www.thegcmsonline.com/

Select the category you want, make payment using you card, you did get it in the next 30 days+. Due to volume of requests, there might be a delay.

Your next application will end in praise

How much does it cost to request for the GCMS notes ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by HorlarJP: 6:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
Please has anyone applied for Canada study visa outside of Nigeria ? I am confused on how to go about it especially my statement of account , since I am applying as a resident in Dubai, I am going to use there police certificate, do my medical here, and even IELTS here and I have a valid Resident ID card, but I don’t have a bank account over here, but as a a self sponsored I have the money required in my Nigeria account , does it make sense if I apply from Dubai and use a statement of account from a Nigeria bank?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by limitless: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
elenewton1:
1. It's not an issue. Just give the guys at the luggage end of the airport #500 and they will wrap it for you with cellotape.

2. The major challenge about the 2-hour layover is that due to covid checks and other checks (issuing study permit et al), and especially during this busy period of student resumption, the checking queue might be so long and could take hours to get to your turn.
So it's advisable to have a longer layover period to avoid missing your connecting flight.
All the best.

Gracias
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by limitless: 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
kunbeeee:
You might have to put the ghana must go in a travelling box. Not sure if they allow but it might get damaged during transit and you may lose some items.

Gracias

(1) (2) (3) ... (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.