Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688709 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:45am On Aug 03, 2021
Iphiegrace:
Ahhh
If malaria is included then no Nigerian will pass medical grin

grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:47am On Aug 03, 2021
Davidganna10:
So today I had a heated argument with a friend, who happens to be freelancer turn cryptocurrency trader and sports gambler with about $38k(USD) portfolio to his name. this my friend, is of the opinion that he can sponsor his self for a one year PGD in Canada by just showing his trading history without being CAC registered.

Now my arguments are these:
1) Visa officer will want to know the source of income, and to my understanding crypto or gambling income is not viewed as a strong income stream because of its volatility.
2) He graduated since 2016 (5years gap).
3) have never work for any organization since graduation.
4) No physical business to show home tie. Although, he have some landed property and an ongoing building project.

I want to know from the gurus here whether he can self sponsor, taking into cognisance the points I listed above.

He currently viewing this thread.

His chances are very low.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:00am On Aug 03, 2021
Austin163:
Good evening house.
I want to apply for a postgraduate program in Lambton college but I'm a bit confused with their requirements.
1 As a Nigerian, do I need to write any English language proficiency test as part of admission requirements?
2 Does Lambton college accept HND for a postgraduate program?

Your answer is needed please. Thanks.

Most institutions in Canada exempts Nigerians from IELTS,you can confirm from the school admission office though.
And you're good to go with the postgraduate program as an HND holder.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 11:05am On Aug 03, 2021
Very few schools ask for IELTS or any English Language test, so what you will do is to send a mail to the school asking these questions, both question 1 and 2.

The school is in a better position to answer your question..

Peace

Austin163:
Good evening house.
I want to apply for a postgraduate program in Lambton college but I'm a bit confused with their requirements.
1 As a Nigerian, do I need to write any English language proficiency test as part of admission requirements?
2 Does Lambton college accept HND for a postgraduate program?

Your answer is needed please. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2021
deommanuel:
Hello Nairaland grin grin

I do not know how to begin this post, but na God go help me.

First, I want to say a big Thank You to Vicky. I dunno your moniker but you know yourself. Thank You for helping reach out to the family here on my behalf. I really appreciate you for that!

Next I'll like to appreciate the entire Nairaland family for the show of love. Omohh e no easy. My heart is full of so much gratitude to every single one of you.

No need to make this a long post abeg undecided
Ending of April no funny for me atall
Robbed on April 25
Application denied on April 27.
It was even more painful as I had to view it on my PC screen. The thing just bold for my face. cry

Hehe
Regardless, I give all the glory to God. It was a really long wait, and it was worth every single second of it.
Thank You to everyone here who in one way or the other contributed to my application.

Here's my Timeline.

Got admitted to Uom to study International Business in October, 2020

Application Submitted - Dec 16
Biometrics completed - Dec 22
NSE Request Letter - Dec 24
Upfront Medicals. - March 24
Medicals Updated. - April 12
Letter of Refusal. - April 27

My application was processed via the normal route. I was denied based on Personal Assets blah blah, cos I know I finished them with my SOP godi. grin

I'm back now and willing to help as many as I can on this journey or lemme just say application grin
I'm willing to go through as many SOPs as I can.
I'm ready to answer as many questions as possible.
Let's all get involved in any little way we can.
For Charles Dickens says, "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another"

My advice to everyone who's yet to apply or waiting for a decision?
Please do not be scared. I know it sounds impossible but on the long run you'll discover your fear and worry doesn't change anything.
If your application was denied, don't give up too. Keep refiring until you hit your target.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR good news in the shortest possible time.

Believe me when I say this..

It will end in Praises!

Honestly, someone was asking about @Emeenaka and the thought of @deommanual came to my mind, just few post down the line I saw this.
So great to have you back bro, I heard how helpful you were to others,may you never lack help in Jesus name and surely we'll celebrate your testimony.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2021
Afobear:
Let someone reply me please. I keep asking this question everytime but it seems I'm invisible. Which schools offer a masters in social science that's admitting Jan_May next year ? Or colleges Please

90% of schools in CA offer courses in Winter.

Google will help you streamline it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2021
Blazca:
Can someone be approved with sop of just 1 page?

We've seen approval without SOP sef, but it's not advisable.

Since there won't be an in-person interview,an individual is advised to write a juicy and explanatory SOP touching all areas that might require an explanation.
For me o, 1page no go do.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 11:36am On Aug 03, 2021
Iphiegrace:
Please you mean una don port go Whatsapp?
Who wan come lock door for head quarters ? Please can we be posting the updates here as well because this forum has helped lots of people. WhatsApp has a limit it can take.

That said, kindly add me up. You have no idea the amount of strength I draw from this forum smiley

Add me to the whatsapp pls, 08068296139
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by pepper247(f): 11:37am On Aug 03, 2021
makano:
Most PGD applicants with PPR on this thread go to colleges..

Apply for Masters/PHD in a University..

Apply for PGD/PGC in a college..

Peace

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
Please does IOM send message when medical case is sent to embassy?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2021
lawfree638:
As of July 6, the backlog of permanent residence applications had skyrocketed by 70 per cent to 375,137 since February 2020, with the number of applications for temporary residence currently sitting at 702,660 cases.

The backlog of citizenship applications has also ballooned: it’s reached 369,677 people from 208,069 over the same period. These numbers do not include the applications that have been received at the mailroom of immigration offices but which have yet to be entered into the system.

Source: thestar.com

These guys are really in the busiest period in their immigration history.

Your statistics are quite insightful, thumbs up.

Yes ircc is overwhelmed right now but I don't think they have a valid excuse not keeping to their promises. Paying the visa fee and biometrics translate into entering an agreement for their highly esteemed services, which I believe should be rendered at the stipulated processing time.

If they're interested in the money,then they should be ready to deliver ; no one is saying it must be a positive response but at least let people know their fate.

If na to employ more hands,why not (infact me I'm ready to work with them for free). grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by KikkyQ: 12:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
They call or message you to inform you that you passed the medicals and they are sending to IRCC
ademidedavid:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2021
Just got this email from Beijing office, does that mean my application is being processed from there. Also note the advice at the end of the message

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ademidedavid(f): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Dear applicant, this is to inform you that your health case has been submitted to the embassy.

please is there cause for alarm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
Yes, like this: Dear Applicant,
Please be informed that the result of your medical health assessment has been submitted to IRCC.
ademidedavid:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
I don’t think so
ademidedavid pI ost=104381922:
Dear applicant, this is to inform you that your health case has been submitted to the embassy.

please is there cause for alarm?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
badmanjo:
Just got this email from Beijing office, does that mean my application is being processed from there. Also note the advice at the end of the message

Yes!

Them don upgrade the holding response o. grin

see that last phrase

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bayor65: 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2021
Applied May 14th, normal route no single update yet.
mhozzis:
We applied same day. Nothing yet too

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Andir: 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2021
Bayor65:
Applied May 14th, normal route no single update yet.

April 13th normal route no update also and I have done upfront medicals, hoping to receive a positive feedback before the August 6th, if not I think the next thing Would be to keep sending webforms because I don’t know what else to do

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 12:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
OCT202020:

His chances are very low.

Only if he can toll the path of gift deed otherwise no show.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by demmyg4real: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good day house,

Am June 10, 2021 Applicant

Please I have a concern that will require the gurus input.

My school (BCIT) is to start on 7th September,2021and am expected to submit my study permit 7 days before program starts (August 31,2021), my of 10,700CAD has been fully paid but the concerns are as follow;

Tuition will be refunded if SP is denied and have got to send them the refusal letter it's then refunds can be processed as stated on their web but as it stands IRCC isnt saying anything on my application yet, my application is in process and if by the SP submission deadline and SP is not submitted or admission not deferred money is gone .

Please when is the least or best time to defer an admission in this case.

Please your advice, attached is the school statement

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by AbionaT(f): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2021
deommanuel:
Hello Nairaland grin grin

I do not know how to begin this post, but na God go help me.

First, I want to say a big Thank You to Vicky. I dunno your moniker but you know yourself. Thank You for helping reach out to the family here on my behalf. I really appreciate you for that!

Next I'll like to appreciate the entire Nairaland family for the show of love. Omohh e no easy. My heart is full of so much gratitude to every single one of you.

No need to make this a long post abeg undecided
Ending of April no funny for me atall
Robbed on April 25
Application denied on April 27.
It was even more painful as I had to view it on my PC screen. The thing just bold for my face. cry

Hehe
Regardless, I give all the glory to God. It was a really long wait, and it was worth every single second of it.
Thank You to everyone here who in one way or the other contributed to my application.

Here's my Timeline.

Got admitted to Uom to study International Business in October, 2020

Application Submitted - Dec 16
Biometrics completed - Dec 22
NSE Request Letter - Dec 24
Upfront Medicals. - March 24
Medicals Updated. - April 12
Letter of Refusal. - April 27

My application was processed via the normal route. I was denied based on Personal Assets blah blah, cos I know I finished them with my SOP godi. grin

I'm back now and willing to help as many as I can on this journey or lemme just say application grin
I'm willing to go through as many SOPs as I can.
I'm ready to answer as many questions as possible.
Let's all get involved in any little way we can.
For Charles Dickens says, "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another"

My advice to everyone who's yet to apply or waiting for a decision?
Please do not be scared. I know it sounds impossible but on the long run you'll discover your fear and worry doesn't change anything.
If your application was denied, don't give up too. Keep refiring until you hit your target.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR good news in the shortest possible time.

Believe me when I say this..

It will end in Praises!
Welcome back deomanuel, my personal person, thank you for all that you do concerning my application, I have called severally, sent WhatsApp messages and even mail, all to no avail. As you have rightly said , all glory to God for everything.
I've missed you ooo pls reply my mail, we have alot to talk about.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mchiave: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
My cousin's (Paul) student permit got declined today after 9 long months.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

He paid his first-year school fees, his father transferred all money to him (maybe we should have provided a gift did to support his application)

for the second, I don't get it, is it because I am already in Canada? (I am paul's cousin)

Please advice on how to support the two reasons for his denial
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by drhammed: 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Fully-funded MSc/PhD position at Mississippi State University, USA

Suitable for students with background (or interest) in Hydrology, Civil, Bioresource/Biosystem, Agricultural engineering, and related fields.

Deadline- 1 Oct 2021

Please apply

https://twitter.com/drhammed/status/1422530410890862618?s=21

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 1:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
I feel to know exactly why he was refused, you have to order for your gcms note first .
Then fire back !
mchiave:

subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.

He paid his first-year school fees, his father transferred all money to him (maybe we should have provided a gift did to support his application)

for the second, I don't get it, is it because I am already in Canada? (I am paul's cousin)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Petrrr: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hassan19:
Hi @Anon, how do I get in touch with you. I need to order for my GCMS note (applied in June 15).
have you been able to reach him? I need his services too..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
mchiave:

residence.

\

Firstly, I'm sorry about the delay.

Secondly, I'm really pissed at IRCC after 9 months? What da heck! pregnancy has turned to a kid. This is unfair. 9 months, Haba.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
So sorry about this.
Please order for his GCMS notes.
In the main time, what's the duration of his program? Did he show how he'll pay the tuition fee of his subsequent years?
Just guessing he might have been refused for insufficient fund to support himself all through the program

mchiave:

residence.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
I think you can wait till ending of August to see if there will be response from IRCC, then defer by that ending if there's no response.

demmyg4real:
Good day house,

Am June 10, 2021 Applicant

Please I have a concern that will require the gurus input.

My school (BCIT) is to start on 7th September,2021and am expected to submit my study permit 7 days before program starts (August 31,2021), my of 10,700CAD has been fully paid but the concerns are as follow;

Tuition will be refunded if SP is denied and have got to send them the refusal letter it's then refunds can be processed as stated on their web but as it stands IRCC isnt saying anything on my application yet, my application is in process and if by the SP submission deadline and SP is not submitted or admission not deferred money is gone .

Please when is the least or best time to defer an admission in this case.

Please your advice, attached is the school statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
These are just generic reasons..

This simply have to do with Financial and personal assets(Sufficient amount of money can handle this) and also Home Tie(A strong SOP and LOE with documents to back it up can handle this..)..

Simply order for your GCMS note..

Find below the steps in ordering your GCMS notes..

Only a person who is in Canada can request the notes. Get your sponsor to request on PA'S behalf!

If principal applicant is in Canada, he/she can request for himself and apply for free under Privacy Act.

If sponsor is requesting it on behalf of Principal applicant, you need consent form from PA and $5 fee. You can receive consent form from spouse via email and upload it. Apply under Access to Information Act.

It takes about 30 days to receive by email. It is a 30 pages document (can be more than 30 pages)

Consent form:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp

Section A - Principal Applicant details
Section B - Sponsor's details
Section C - Sponsor's details

GCMS Notes:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

In above link, click Apply online, choose English , hit Next and accept the terms & conditions.

Next enter the below details:

Requester Information
Department: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Title:
Family Name:
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Mailing Address:
Telephone No.:
E-mail Address:
Requesting information on your own behalf? Yes / No
Category of Requester: Member of the Public

Right of Access: Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or Individual/corporation currently present in Canada

Method of Delivery: E-mail

Act & Record Selection

Act: Privacy Act / Access to Information Act - select this for GCMS notes for PA residing outside of Canada.

Language of records: English
Type of Records: Case Files
Requesting information for:
Surname (Family Name):
Given Name(s) (First Name):
Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD):
Client ID Number (####-####):
Type of Documents: Notes in Electronic File
File Type: Immigration file: permanent residence ( You can also request for Sponsorship File, if SA is delayed )
File Number:

Attach documents: Proof of access ( PR card, visa doc, or passport ), Consent Form.
Make payment ($5) and submit.

If you know someone in Canada, he can order for you..

*NOTE* You do not have to be physically present in Canada to order your GCMS NOTES; However, you need to be either a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to request notes on Applicant's behalf!

mchiave:

residence.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.