Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692437 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gloryyssssz: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
EmeeNaka:
So, I got this response from IRCC through an MP.
Looking at that, it's easy to say that the new documents I sent caused this delay. It's a lesson to everyother applicants to be mindful of how to send documents especially a Replacement Documents. If possible, don't send a Replacement Documents except if you are asked to do so by VO.

Hello, please how were you able to locate an MP
I am going to New Brunswick, Saint John.
I applied by may 15th
With ielts and upfront medicals and still I have not heard anything concerning my application and I am too resume school by September 2nd.
Please help no update on my application yet.
Even eligiblity has not started yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by larryray26(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
ManLikeMace:
I will just have to do that. Thanks, I appreciate

My old man helped me book an appointment for the 10th last week. Just go there and wait on the queue and you’ll get an earlier date. That’s what my old man did. Hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by larryray26(m): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
shupy:

When did you call? Maybe you should consider using a laptop.
I did o
Still same issue. I don't know the essence of the booking site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Gloryyssssz:

I applied by may 15th
With ielts and upfront medicals and still I have not heard anything concerning my application and I am too resume school by September 2nd.
just go to Google and type Members of Parliament. You will see a page with their list. Find the one representing the Riding where your school fall
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
Genyc:
So does it mean that nobody has received a decision on their application today? August 3rd, three more days to the promised August 6th? I honestly don’t see them meeting this deadline

I know a Nigerian that did today.

Only one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mastmony: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2021
Thank you Lianna

Lianna2020:
Sunday
Official one from government should be out on Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
lawfree638:

This is a lesson for everyone. Thanks for sharing

My brother, We will rejoice with you.

Is really worrisome. But what of me that wants to update them with my renewed passport? The one I submitted with my application will expire Oct 30th 2021. I don't have any other choice than to send the renewed passport.

So please how do i go about that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hello Lianna, trust you are keeping safe. Did you eventually come back home? I read you plan to come back after getting your study permit if I am right.

Lianna2020:
Sunday
Official one from government should be out on Monday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Ketima:

Is really worrisome. But what of me that wants to update them with my renewed passport? The one I submitted with my application will expire Oct 30th 2021. I don't have any other choice than to send the renewed passport.

So please how do i go about that.

Of course, a security and background check will be done on the new passport.

My hope is that you receive an approval this Aug then you wouldn't need to submit another. However, if you have the new passport pls submit it because they might mostly likely ask for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibukun2000: 7:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hi....quite an age revert back my mail
It will end in praise
deommanuel:
Hello Nairaland grin grin

I do not know how to begin this post, but na God go help me.

First, I want to say a big Thank You to Vicky. I dunno your moniker but you know yourself. Thank You for helping reach out to the family here on my behalf. I really appreciate you for that!

Next I'll like to appreciate the entire Nairaland family for the show of love. Omohh e no easy. My heart is full of so much gratitude to every single one of you.

No need to make this a long post abeg undecided
Ending of April no funny for me atall
Robbed on April 25
Application denied on April 27.
It was even more painful as I had to view it on my PC screen. The thing just bold for my face. cry

Hehe
Regardless, I give all the glory to God. It was a really long wait, and it was worth every single second of it.
Thank You to everyone here who in one way or the other contributed to my application.

Here's my Timeline.

Got admitted to Uom to study International Business in October, 2020

Application Submitted - Dec 16
Biometrics completed - Dec 22
NSE Request Letter - Dec 24
Upfront Medicals. - March 24
Medicals Updated. - April 12
Letter of Refusal. - April 27

My application was processed via the normal route. I was denied based on Personal Assets blah blah, cos I know I finished them with my SOP godi. grin

I'm back now and willing to help as many as I can on this journey or lemme just say application grin
I'm willing to go through as many SOPs as I can.
I'm ready to answer as many questions as possible.
Let's all get involved in any little way we can.
For Charles Dickens says, "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another"

My advice to everyone who's yet to apply or waiting for a decision?
Please do not be scared. I know it sounds impossible but on the long run you'll discover your fear and worry doesn't change anything.
If your application was denied, don't give up too. Keep refiring until you hit your target.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR good news in the shortest possible time.

Believe me when I say this..

It will end in Praises!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 8:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
lawfree638:

Of course, a security and background check will be done on the new passport.

My hope is that you receive an approval this Aug then you wouldn't need to submit another. However, if you have the new passport pls submit it because they might mostly likely ask for it.

Yes. The new passport is out ( came out today).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kaydelegend01: 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
Chat me on WhatsApp...same school same city 08033681156
Gloryyssssz:

I applied by may 15th
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2021
I did come back
Chipo14:
Hello Lianna, trust you are keeping safe. Did you eventually come back home? I read you plan to come back after getting your study permit if I am right.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gifty28(f): 8:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hi guys, for lambton college is the fees paid per term/semester? Do you have to pay for first semester fees before resuming or the fees for 1 year before resuming. Anyone pls or someone currently in lambton.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nnamdiosang: 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Ribig5:

This one doesn't really need advice from here only because every school has their procedure and everyone here is going to different school. So I suggest you mail your admissions office and explain to them your situation and ask them the best time to differ which I am sure must also be on their newly admitted students page on their website.

Like my school always do online webinar to update us (Bishops University, Quebec) and they are aware of our visa delays and challenges. In that regards they have emailed us and asked us to send our letter showing we have already applied for study permit and CAQ approval letter(applicable to Quebec only). They made all fall courses to be in person and online so that those without study permit and do not want to differ the admission can start online until they get study permits. I have enrolled for online courses already. If there is any further delay on SP approval, i will kick start lectures with them by 8th September 2021. They have sent us lecture timetable and schedules already.

Please contact your admission office for further clearance. Don't loose your fund by mistake. Take action, No time. It shall all end in praise. thanks

See my school mate. Bishop's University peeps don plenty for here. Sent you a mail; other peeps headed to Bishop's should holla as well let's link up.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
Did they send a list of Nairalanders to IRCC? Why are we not announcing PPR?
Abeg we are sorry for complaining.. cry
Please release our PPR in Jesus Name Amen! smiley

Kindly reply this post with your date of submission, let’s know how many of us are left...
#April30

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Kaydelegend01:
Chat me on WhatsApp...same school same city 08033681156
Same here o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Ok that's great. How long did you stay over there and what's your plan for returning? I plan to return too before going finally in 2022 God willing.

Lianna2020:
I did come back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by flexerking(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
mastmony:
Good evening NL
My flight is 10:55PM on Tuesday, please when is the appropriate time to take the Covid test?

the day before you travel so you receive result via email probably in the afternoon

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gloryyssssz: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Iphiegrace:

Kindly reply this post with your date of submission, let’s know how many of us are left...
#April30

My PPR is coming soon
I can feel it coming
#may 15th applicant

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Yeemmy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Iphiegrace:

#April30

We will celebrate soon�

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patriciai: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hi Gloryyssssz pls chat me up on 08038178728

Gloryyssssz:

Finally some one that is going my direction��
When did you apply?
Can I send you my WhatsApp number so we can communicate better?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 8:29pm On Aug 03, 2021
It should not be more than 72hrs by the time you arrive Canada

meemeeibrahim22:
Hello
Please how many hours does your COVID need to be before entering/ getting into Canada

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2021
It was around 10M which covered my tuition and LE for one year.

JosephYemsol:

Pls Queen mama, id like to ask how much was your closing balance as a self sponsored student

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2021
You can take it on Monday morning

mastmony:
Good evening NL
My flight is 10:55PM on Tuesday, please when is the appropriate time to take the Covid test?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hello Everyone, A room in Dartmouth is available for rent (a three bedroom one bath apartment), close to the bridge terminal. Rent is 450 CAD per month, does not include wifi, electricity and heat.

Feel free to reach me on 902 904 0453.

Move-in date Sep 1. Two Nigerians are currently occupying the other rooms. Please note that the room is not available for sharing.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Madeincanada: 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2021
[quote author=larryray26 post=104394158]Good day, I need help urgently to book my Medicals for Canada immigration on Imo Int Lagos office in Isaac Johnson.
I have checked online for available date but seems the site has issues with booking. Called and sent mail but no response. Anyone available to assist please?

I had a similar experience and I suggest you visit their office if you’re in Lagos. You will likely get an appointment date next week.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
University of New Brunswick
Feelmystarshine:

Please what's the name of the school you applied to
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kodaline: 8:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
June 15th here oh and still nothing.. God dey..
Alwayszilla:
Any June applicant that eligibility has started? It's getting frustrating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fejiromich: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2021
#May 14th applicant..,, it’s almost here... I know it..

Iphiegrace:

#April30

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tipsycares1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
It will drop soon IJN

Kam3:

I am still expecting PPR

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 8:52pm On Aug 03, 2021
larryray26:
I did o
Still same issue. I don't know the essence of the booking site
Something is definitely wrong with their site at the moment. Try calling in the morning or like someone suggested, go there. I'll stick with calling tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12