Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,618 members, 7,823,704 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (530) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (693541 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 10:01am On Aug 04, 2021
I applied January, got NSE request early February to submit mybankstatement, i was not this equipped with information then so i sent a mail declining the request without any reason. I think that was my mistake. I should have either ignored or sent a mail giving a valid reason for not being able to provide it. I did not want to liquidate and I was more concerned about making interest income.

dyce101:

When was that ma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2021
IRCC please we are sorry.

This silence is deafening! #april17th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Beebeegirll: 10:04am On Aug 04, 2021
RollyA:
IRCC please we are sorry.

This silence is deafening! #april17th

April 16th here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 10:07am On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Beebeegirll post=104413191]

April 16th here [/quote

April29th here

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 10:11am On Aug 04, 2021
DHL delivered mine on Monday, Got a mail from the VFS in Lagos Tuesday afternoon.

Bibisho:
Please how long does it take after DHL says passport delivered before you get an acknowledgement email from VFS Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2021
So i am trying to see if i can make sense from the trend and from people who have gotten decisions? Did anyone submit a complete application (meds and biometrics) before May 15 and still has not gotten a decision. for me i did my meds May 11 but my account did not get updated till May 20.

Beebeegirll:

April 16th here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by meemeeibrahim22: 10:17am On Aug 04, 2021
Who is traveling with Lufthansa Today from Abuja please .Anyone ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dyce101(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2021
RollyA:
I applied January, got NSE request early February to submit mybankstatement, i was not this equipped with information then so i sent a mail declining the request without any reason. I think that was my mistake. I should have either ignored or sent a mail giving a valid reason for not being able to provide it. I did not want to liquidate and I was more concerned about making interest income.

Sorry about that ma
I guess you have replied
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dyce101(m): 10:22am On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Freebands01 post=104413355][/quote]

I submitted aprill 28th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 10:34am On Aug 04, 2021
This sounds more like[b] statement of intent[/b] for post graduate application to me

Yusufibrahimde7:
Goodmorning everyone ,
It might help
A great Personal Statement/SOP should have about 5/ 6 paragraphs.
Paragraph 1: Introduce your problem statement and connect it to why you want to study that course.
Paragraph 2: Talk about your educational background, and your undergrad research experiences, and how it has
prepared you for the proposed course.
Paragraph 3: Talk about your leadership, volunteering, and other extracurricular activities. It will be good if these experiences are connected to your intended course.
Paragraph 4: Talk more about your research interest and mention the supervisor you have contacted(This is very important). Explain why you want to work with the person. Be specific about your research interest. I will post the remaining tips .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Steph1738aye: 10:41am On Aug 04, 2021
I don’t think a WhatsApp group is necessary. This platform is 100 times better.
possessor1:
If there is a whatsapp group, I think everyone should be carried along.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 10:46am On Aug 04, 2021
Lianna2020:
grin grin cheesy
It’s not important as they don’t even check that .
The form that they will give at the hospital or clinic is the main one .
oh thanks for the clarification, appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 10:47am On Aug 04, 2021
xtremlov:
Good morning, please a friend got his Visa application approved last week and now about submitting application for the rest of the family. The wife and 2 children of age 3yrs and 1year 6months.

Please what type of application will he be submitting for the children? Visiting Visa or Study Permit Visa?

Please help!!!!

@ Frankrobbn, Lekibiboe, ILoveDLord and all the gurus in the house.

I do not think you can apply for the family now.. What you are applying is a open spousal work permit for the spouse while the children are applying for a visiting visa. But you can not apply for any because you need the applicant with the last week approval's study permit, work permit, letter of introduction from the school and all this is gotten at the Port of entry.

Furthermore theres something called a letter of intent though same as SOP but its about why is the spousal applying for an oswp at this time. If you say you will miss your spouse, they already know when the spouse got the SP therefore its too early to miss him/her.

So let the spousal go first settle down and get use the system before applying for the family.

TIMING IS VITAL

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Not yet

The Lifting of the 3-days Mandatory hotel would take effect AUGUST 9TH, 2021, anybody travelling before August 9th would be required to the 3-days Mandatory Hotel Quarantine

Only fully vaccinated travelers will be exempted from the mandatory hotel quarantine from august 9
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Is there something wrong with IRCC?

Almost all forums are lacking any feedback from them.

Abi is there another hols today?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by oluwahsegun(m): 10:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Good morning house
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ALL FOR BEEN THERE FOR EVERYONE. NAIJA AIN'T EASY BUT YOU GUYS HAVE TAKEN OUT TIME AND DATA TO HELP EACH OTHER. GOD BLESS THE GURUS AND ALL THE MEMBERS. PLEASE KEEP DOING GOOD.
AM NEW HERE AND I NEED STILL SEARCHING FOR UNIVERSITY FOR MASTER/ MBA AND COLLEGE FOE PGDIPLOMA CAUSE I GRADUTED WITH 2.2 LOWER FROM NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY.
PLEASE KINDLY SHOW ME SOME LOVES PLSSSSS

@ Frankrobbn, @Lekibiboe and others please i need your help urgently.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:59am On Aug 04, 2021
Letter of introduction isn’t gotten from Poe. The school can give it wherever the applicant is. Like ucw, it’s self served so all one needs to do is download .

Needs study permit, sin, letter of invitation from the spouse . Only study permit is gotten at point of entry. Others are in Canada itself . Like the sin, before one could get it at the airport but covid happened, so that is gotten at any service Canada near the spouse .
The above is needed for sowp while visiting visa can be applied without getting a study permit. The permit itself is just a way to tell ircc that the main applicant has entered Canada and all.

Also it’s good to apply for your kids attached to your wife or hubby so they can be approved together and you can equally request for letter of authorization to speed things up. They might accept or reject it, it’s all 50/50 but no harm in trying .

Also they can explain in their letter of explanation how the work load is too much for the wife or hubby to take care of. How you miss your children and how they have lost weight and how you can’t concentrate and all. The emotional thingi.

There’s no timeline with ircc. Anything can happen.
Anon123:

I do not think you can apply for the family now.. What you are applying is a open spousal work permit for the spouse while the children are applying for a visiting visa. But you can not apply for any because you need the applicant with the last week approval's study permit, work permit, letter of introduction from the school and all this is gotten at the Port of entry.

Furthermore theres something called a letter of intent though same as SOP but its about why is the spousal applying for an oswp at this time. If you say you will miss your spouse, they already know when the spouse got the SP therefore its too early to miss him/her.

So let the spousal go first settle down and get use the system before applying for the family.

TIMING IS VITAL

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ichelle(m): 11:07am On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Legacyedition post=104408743]

Very much understand. Sometimes ago, a whatsapp group was created to avoid spamming nairaland. It was created to disturb ircc on Twitter when there was ppr drought. When ircc started dishing out ppr, we decided to stop. You will meet likes minds and those that were also delayed there. You past time, catch cruise and forget your sorrows while also waiting and you got people to call and give
emotional support when you are down.

You can chat up baggy 09056535920 to add you to the group.

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2021
There is no particular timeline for this..

Apllicants here have gotten their decision after months of Eligibility review starting and some have gotten weeks after..

I personally, the earliest I know of is 2 days of decision (Refusal) after Eligibility review started and the Oldest is 7 months of decision(Approval) after Eligibility started..

So no particular timeline for it.. Every process/ stage of an application is based on that application because no 2 application is same, every application is unique..

Peace
stevedestiny:
Hello people, my eligibility started 2 weeks ago, any idea how long it takes to get decision?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by diva4eva(f): 11:18am On Aug 04, 2021
Thank you so much for this information.
Lekiboboe:

As far as you come from an English Speaking Country e.g Nigeria, Ghana, you don't need a Proof of English Test Scores to apply for a PG. Cert program at a College in Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by diva4eva(f): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2021
Thanks a lot
Anon123:

Almost all colleges don't require ielts for admission eg Conestoga, lambton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gloryyssssz: 11:22am On Aug 04, 2021
Andir:
Am I the only one having issues logging into my account today?

You are not the only one oh
I could not login to my account too
What is happening
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2021
Phew. Finally my medical has been updated to passed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:24am On Aug 04, 2021
theboyy:

Only fully vaccinated travelers will be exempted from the mandatory hotel quarantine from august 9
That's not true. VACCINATED OR NOT, all travellers are exempted from the 3-days Mandatory Hotel Quarantine starting August 9

From IRCC website

Upcoming changes to public health measures
As of August 9, 2021, new measures will be put in place for travellers to Canada, including international students.

This includes the following:

Eliminating the 3-night government-authorized hotel stay requirement for all air travellers arriving after 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 9, 2021. Until that time, non-vaccinated travellers flying to Canada must complete their 3-night hotel stay while they wait for their on-arrival test results.

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/international-students-and-travel-to-canada.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2021
maralina:
My brother’s Landing gist
His program starts Sept 7th
He traveled Aug 2nd (4 weeks and 5days)

He Got to MMA, they asked him for:
Enrolment letter
Acceptance letter
Covid test
Authorization letter
ArriveCan receipt
3 days Hotel reservation
Which he provided.
The airline staff (Turkish airlines) verified the documents, and said he was okay to board.

He arrived Toronto airport; officer asked for his acceptance letter and letter of introduction.
And issued him study permit. He spent over 2hours at immigration because there was a long queue (so be prepared)
After immigration, he went to claim his baggage.
After that, he went to do covid test, spent over an hour lol.
I was outside waiting for him though.
When he came out, I drove him to the hotel for quarantine; cooked some food (which I took to the airport) to sustain him for the 3 days, because I’m pretty sure he won’t like them oyibo meals as a first timer Lol.
Everything went smooth and I thank God for a safe trip.
Wishing everyone coming this fall Safe travels.
Hi, please which one is Authorisation form again? And is he vaccinated?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2021
Yay
Blazca:
Phew. Finally my medical has been updated to passed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by eclint(m): 11:26am On Aug 04, 2021
Monday will be fine since ya flight is in the night
mastmony:
Good evening NL
My flight is 10:55 PM on Tuesday, please when is the appropriate time to take the Covid test?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2021
oluwahsegun:
Good morning house
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOU ALL FOR BEEN THERE FOR EVERYONE. NAIJA AIN'T EASY BUT YOU GUYS HAVE TAKEN OUT TIME AND DATA TO HELP EACH OTHER. GOD BLESS THE GURUS AND ALL THE MEMBERS. PLEASE KEEP DOING GOOD.
AM NEW HERE AND I NEED STILL SEARCHING FOR UNIVERSITY FOR MASTER/ MBA AND COLLEGE FOE PGDIPLOMA CAUSE I GRADUTED WITH 2.2 LOWER FROM NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY.
PLEASE KINDLY SHOW ME SOME LOVES PLSSSSS

@ Frankrobbn, @Lekibiboe and others please i need your help urgently.
Thanks
Good morning,

Your Response to the questions below would enable you get specialized PG. Cert program suggestions from this platform

- What did you studied in the University?

- What year did you graduate ? (to address study gap)

- Do you have a job? If yes, What is the name of your Job, and what are your Job duties? (to know if your Job is related to your Degree)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hephzibahjay: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2021
@Lekiboboe i have read alot about you,how selfless you are and i must commend your effort.
Finally got to the last page.

Please help out
BSC:Banking and Finance(3.56)
MSC:Actuarial sciences(3.55)
Current Job:Human resources Professional
i also worked as a product support officer and data analyst in my former Bank but i was a contract staff.

I will be self sponsored and i want to know courses that i can tilt towards for my study permit as the funds i have are limited and also do not want to be stranded over there because i have no one in canada.

Thank you as i await your feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OmaJoe1: 11:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Good morning Nairaland,

I read a moment ago that Authorization letter was required for a Canadian bound traveller by the Airline staff(Turkish airline). Please what is this Authorization letter and what is it about?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 11:45am On Aug 04, 2021
Please can someone share a working link for webform? I have been using one but I cannot attach documents thru it.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Keren12: 11:46am On Aug 04, 2021
Please oh. I will need and expert that will help me go through my sop. I don't want wahala again this time. Very urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.