Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (692397 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 10:12pm On Aug 03, 2021
Got a message July 31about debt that I owe.

so they were looking at the application I guess

stevedestiny:
Ooh wow! And you're yet to hear from them too?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RoyalDukeDon: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
Welcome bro,great to have you back !
deommanuel:
Hello Nairaland grin grin

I do not know how to begin this post, but na God go help me.

First, I want to say a big Thank You to Vicky. I dunno your moniker but you know yourself. Thank You for helping reach out to the family here on my behalf. I really appreciate you for that!

Next I'll like to appreciate the entire Nairaland family for the show of love. Omohh e no easy. My heart is full of so much gratitude to every single one of you.

No need to make this a long post abeg undecided
Ending of April no funny for me atall
Robbed on April 25
Application denied on April 27.
It was even more painful as I had to view it on my PC screen. The thing just bold for my face. cry

Hehe
Regardless, I give all the glory to God. It was a really long wait, and it was worth every single second of it.
Thank You to everyone here who in one way or the other contributed to my application.

Here's my Timeline.

Got admitted to Uom to study International Business in October, 2020

Application Submitted - Dec 16
Biometrics completed - Dec 22
NSE Request Letter - Dec 24
Upfront Medicals. - March 24
Medicals Updated. - April 12
Letter of Refusal. - April 27

My application was processed via the normal route. I was denied based on Personal Assets blah blah, cos I know I finished them with my SOP godi. grin

I'm back now and willing to help as many as I can on this journey or lemme just say application grin
I'm willing to go through as many SOPs as I can.
I'm ready to answer as many questions as possible.
Let's all get involved in any little way we can.
For Charles Dickens says, "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another"

My advice to everyone who's yet to apply or waiting for a decision?
Please do not be scared. I know it sounds impossible but on the long run you'll discover your fear and worry doesn't change anything.
If your application was denied, don't give up too. Keep refiring until you hit your target.

I wish everyone awaiting PPR good news in the shortest possible time.

Believe me when I say this..

It will end in Praises!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 10:20pm On Aug 03, 2021
IntimidationJay:
Please fully vaccinated persons that have landed recently, how did you show 14 days quarantine plan, did you book an Airbnb, were you refunded after the exemption from quarantine? How does this work please?
Grateful if somebody could answer this, as it is quite urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
stevedestiny:
It's September, and I'm awaiting medical request.. How do I start sending mail?

If your resumption date is September and you're still waiting for medicals request, then you're wrong. You should quickly book for appointment for upfront medicals. I hope you'll find a free slot this August for medicals.

All the same, it will end in praise.

#May14thApplicant

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by calculus4life: 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hello house,hope this IELTS result L 6.5 R 6.5 W 5.5 S 6.0 will not have any negative effects for the application approval
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 10:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
May 14th
Our PPR is coming this week, amen!

Iphiegrace:
Did they send a list of Nairalanders to IRCC? Why are we not announcing PPR?
Abeg we are sorry for complaining.. cry
Please release our PPR in Jesus Name Amen! smiley

Kindly reply this post with your date of submission, let’s know how many of us are left...
#April30

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mhizamie: 10:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
elenewton1:

Please house I need Canada study permit application form the soft copy please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ehisforever24(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2021
Sorry to hurt feelings it will, take another test, IELTS and POF is the main thing when applying for student visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RoyalDukeDon: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
Microfinance Banks are not among list of banks that can give you ticket id and password. I advice you don't use it. In my first application which was refused in the gcms they noted that. "Microfinance bank appears to have irregularities with different font sizes". That wasn't a good one at all though I don't know the microfinance bank u might be using but ensure they're reliable,all the best!
frankob:
Please I need help.
Does Canada accept bank statements from micro finance bank as proof of funds. Or do I need to move the money to a bigger bank like Access or Gtb and the likes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by stevedestiny(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2021
Debt you owe?? Wetin concern debt with ur application? Or I probably don't understand what you mean

possessor1:
Got a message July 31about debt that I owe.

so they were looking at the application I guess

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2021
Probably charge back
stevedestiny:
Debt you owe?? Wetin concern debt with ur application? Or I probably don't understand what you mean

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by stevedestiny(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
You mean they no longer send medical request?

Emmasonic4me:

If your resumption date is September and you're still waiting for medicals request, then you're wrong. You should quickly book for appointment for upfront medicals. I hope you'll find a free slot this August for medicals.

All the same, it will end in praise.

#May14thApplicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lolathegenie: 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2021
Oh okay embassy
Thanks for the clarification

Anon123:

You got an approval
You submitted your passport

The mail is saying it has left vfs office to the embassy for visa stamping. You will get a mail wen it returns to vfs. Then u have to arrange for it to be sent to your location
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gifty28(f): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Please responses

Gifty28:
Hi guys, for lambton college is the fees paid per term/semester? Do you have to pay for first semester fees before resuming or the fees for 1 year before resuming. Anyone pls or someone currently in lambton.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
yeah
Lianna2020:
Probably charge back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tosinmichael11: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good evening everyone, I am new on this forum.. I plan to applied to a school and my wife as a dependent... All I have been hearing has been that ...only agents can help to apply ... I got surprised actually

How true is this and what are affordable schools for science related courses

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kaydelegend01: 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2021
Lol...someone got tonight though...in my class...UNB...he is a citizen or brazil and he applied from there...hmm..he applied May 13...did biometrics May 18...
Obiag:

May 1st
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2021
If you order a GCMS note and still waiting for an update, check your application due date;

You can find it on your 3rd page where you will see the two officers in charge of your application from start to finish and the app due date.

If the application due date has been exceeded except feedback soon.

Also, if you have a RI or RR (eligibility assessment on page 2) on your GCMS note and couldn't find any anything relating to it in your note (last 2 pages), it means:

V.O have concerns they cannot write down due to discriminatory reasons (which is usually redacted in the note)....such as age diff, religion diff, culture differences, socioeconomic diff, previous marriages, etc. This is usually not "too" serious.

If it's not related to any of the above, it will be noted in your note (last 2 page) for you to address it. And please do that as soon as you can.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bunmijab: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hello everyone

Please I'm asking for a friend

Studied Mass Communication and finished with 2.1

Finished nysc 2019, has one year experience in customer service and currently working in a school(preschoolers)

Please what course and (affordable) University/college can she go for?

Also any hope for scholarship
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
You can follow step by step guidance on this thread and apply yourself.
Don’t risk your application with an agent o or better still seek the service of experts on this forum . Eg frankrobben1
Tosinmichael11:
Good evening everyone, I am new on this forum.. I plan to applied to a school and my wife as a dependent... All I have been hearing has been that ...only agents can help to apply ... I got surprised actually

How true is this and what are affordable schools for science related courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 11:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
@lekiboboe grin
Bunmijab:
Hello everyone

Please I'm asking for a friend

Studied Mass Communication and finished with 2.1

Finished nysc 2019, has one year experience in customer service and currently working in a school(preschoolers)

Please what course and (affordable) University/college can she go for?

Also any hope for scholarship

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2021
Lianna2020:
@lekiboboe grin

Walking Google

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
lawfree638:
If you order a GCMS note and still waiting for an update, check your application due date;

You can find it on your 3rd page where you will see the two officers in charge of your application from start to finish and the app due date.

If the application due date has been exceeded except feedback soon.

Also, if you have a RI or RR (eligibility assessment on page 2) on your GCMS note and couldn't find any anything relating to it in your note (last 2 pages), it means:

V.O have concerns they cannot write down due to discriminatory reasons (which is usually redacted in the note)....such as age diff, religion diff, culture differences, socioeconomic diff, previous marriages, etc. This is usually not "too" serious.

If it's not related to any of the above, it will be noted in your note (last 2 page) for you to address it. And please do that as soon as you can.

Lol. Does that really work? My due date was July 2nd but up till now, even eligibility is yet to start.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Ketima:

Lol. Does that really work? My due date was July 2nd but up till now, even eligibility is yet to start.

cheesy grin grin

Apparently it doesn't now. Due to their work load.

We hope it changes soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by GreatnessT: 11:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
What case did you present to the MP? I mean the content of your mail. Just need idea on how to draft mine. I have got the email of MP of the province of my sch.

Peacekid:
Hi Guys!

I was able to contact the MP of the province where my school is, and I was sent a consent form to fill and sign along with copies of any supporting documentation that will assist the case worker in her conversation with Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Please what kind of documents do you think will be appropriate to send for expedition of study permit application?

Thanks as I await answers

March 6th applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
stevedestiny:
You mean they no longer send medical request?

They do. In the event they send you medical request, you're almost certain of Visa approval. However, if they send you for medicals now, chances are that you may not be able to secure an appointment slot at a closer date. Hence, we recommend upfront medicals.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by frankob(m): 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Microfinance Banks are not among list of banks that can give you ticket id and password. I advice you don't use it. In my first application which was refused in the gcms they noted that. "Microfinance bank appears to have irregularities with different font sizes". That wasn't a good one at all though I don't know the microfinance bank u might be using but ensure they're reliable,all the best!

Mainstreet micro finance bank how reliable are they?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by frankob(m): 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
Emmasonic4me:

They do. In the event they send you medical request, you're almost certain of Visa approval. However, if they send you for medicals now, chances are that you may not be able to secure an appointment slot at a closer date. Hence, we recommend upfront medicals.

Even if I am not using NSE can I do upfront medical? Or just for NSE alone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ManLikeMace: 11:39pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lizabeth36(f): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2021
Here I am... awaiting PPR.. MARCH 9
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chisolove3: 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2021
[Please go and do upfront medical biko..no time o
quote author=frankob post=104402353]

Even if I am not using NSE can I do upfront medical? Or just for NSE alone? [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teemenzo: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
So today i paid the tuition fee through bank transfer. Though at first i wanted to use a third party but was adviced against it. Access bank stressed my life today o. But all in all we are progressing. Planning to apply for the study permit in september. Fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.