Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689011 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2021
Start arranging your documents, get a police clearance, do an upfront medicals, and pay fees if you want to, the. Submit your application.
dupsydooo:
Please i need help i just got admission in humber college .....Please help out.....I dont know what else to do after accepting the offer........Please help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Iffylove:
Please, what decision will that be?

Refusals.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 10:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
It will definitely end in praise

Perseverer:

Refusals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 10:28pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ysakaws1:
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg or University of Manitoba by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

I’m a male in my early 20s
Anyone?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kkddyit:
Hi all. My visa was approved with my spouse and kids two weeks ago and we plan travelling by month end. Must I get a travel exempt authorization letter for them before they are allowed to board. And if yes, please what is the process.

I need some clarifications in this area pls...

Thanks all.

First and foremost congratulations, I'll like to know what you applied for each person, is it study permit for you with work permit, what did you apply for your spouse and kids. Kindly put me through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Keren12: 10:31pm On Aug 04, 2021
Please guys I have urgent inquiries to make.
1. What's the maximum and minimum pages for sop?
2. Should I state and explain all the lump sum that has been entering my account in my sop?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by sfApase: 10:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
Keren12:
2. Should I state and explain all the lump sum that has been entering my account in my sop?

Though not specified but 2pages should be OK and comprehensive
Yes you need to explain the lump sum o before they see financial status and personal assets
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
For no 2, you have to explain in details lump sum.
Keren12:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
RollyA:
Sure. Here is her website

https://www.beaudoinimmigration.com/

Thanks alot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jeff5gold: 10:48pm On Aug 04, 2021
GodsGabby:

LoooLlll�� at the bolded
Nice landing gist, Congratulations.

Did you have stopovers??
Where is your final destination after quarantine?

Stopover @Amsterdam
Final destination…Edmonton
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oluwacolded: 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hello house I am new here. I am interested in going to Canada to do a Master. Here is my profile.

I am currently in Uk on a student dependent visa, My wife is a student while I am her dependent. I have vast travel history as I have been to Kenya,Rwanda,Ghana,Dubai,Italy,Germany and France.

I am currently employed as a support worker here in Uk at a mental health facility for almost 20months now which I earn at minimum £1600 like N1,120,000 converted to Naira monthly.

I have a degree in Philosophy (3.51CGPA)
And I want to go for counseling Psychology as it relates to my current job.

The main question is this is there any school accepting application now for January entry?? Please help me this information. I want schools I can apply with my Waec result and not need to sit for IELTS please and need someone to scrutinize my profile.

Somebody help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by boyemfic: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2021
Cfine2021:
Finally, the eagle has landed. Glory be to the Most High and thanks to all the gurus in the house.

My long story goes thus;

I secured undergraduate admissions in Brandon University, University of Winnipeg and University of Manitoba but decided to apply for SP with University of Winnipeg admission letter. The timelines were as follows;

Submitted application - February 24, 2021
Submission confirmation - February 24, 2021
Biometric Request Letter - February 25, 2021
NSE Request - March 2, 2021
Biometric done and updated - March 5, 2021

I decided to go through the normal route by neglecting the NSE request. However, on 15/03/2021, I felt I should give IELTS a trial and enrolled for academic version. I also raised webform requesting to be given till 15/04/2021 to submit the IELTS result. Note that the NSE was to expire on 01/04/2021. To the glory of God, the result was exceptional LRSW- 8.5, 8.5, 8, 6.5 and I was able upload on 13/04/2021 as it appeared that they approved the extension request, though no communication to that effect.

After writing IELTS, I decided to apply to Memorial University Newfoundland since it was (IELTS) one of the requirements. The process of securing the admission was a bit rigorous but I persevered until May 31 when the final admission was given to me. With the new admission letter, I requested to change my DLI.

Upfront Medical was done and updated on May 19, 2021.

Meanwhile, I did not know that I was supposed to resubmit the application after uploading Mybank Statement and IELTS result. The status was still showing as 'Your action is Required' from 02/03/2021 when NSE request was sent till 15/06/2021 when I discovered this and resubmitted the application. I believe some people are also having similar problem.

On 17/06/2021, I received a request to complete the Custodianship form. Note that the Custodianship is required for applicant below 17years. Although, I was 16 as at 24/02/2021 when the application was submitted, I stated that I would have been 17 by September since my birthday was in June 2021 but apparently, they did not accept this submission. I was given one month to submit which expired on 17/07/2021. I was able to meet the deadline.

PPR finally showed on July 28, 2021

One remarkable thing is that I did not submit SOP since it was not stated as one of the mandatory documents and I hadn't joined this forum as at the time of application. Documents submitted include-
Father's land document
Father's salary account (Banker)
Investment documents (shares)
Others were as requested in the application portal

Please connect if you are going to MUN this fall

Do you pay your full tuition

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Bushboy009: 11:12pm On Aug 04, 2021
My current status is saying action required after I got Nse request since may13. What do I have to do ? Eligibility never start

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nice one Jeff5gold, may maple land favor you... Images toh bad
Jeff5gold:
Landing gist landing gist landing gist grin grin grin grin

So I arrived at MMA, all those serious looking bag boys carried my luggage, I think say them be better people until they told me I needed to buy yellow card 6 thousand naira that without the yellow card, I won’t be allowed to board or immigration will charge me 200 dollar, well I quickly made it clear to them that I came to the airport with no money atall not even dollar….I nor get money to waste.

Flight was by 11pm check-in started by 4PM they asked for my
Enrolment letter
Acceptance letter
School fees receipt

The airline staff (KLM) verified the documents, Omo one fyn woman..I nor just understand just squeeze face Dey say 3 weeks to resumption…Omo I being 1 faint …after snapping those documents I mentioned earlier, I was asked to bring my covid test result…then I realize I’m good to go ����

If you are traveling..buy snacks or anything put for your bag….hunger almost kill me.

So when I arrived Toronto airport; officer asked me if I have been accepted by the school I’m going to, I said yes, and he said if I have proof I told him yes and should him my acceptance letter.
He was observing the letter then I gave him my letter of introduction without him asking grin
Then he ask if I have paid my fee .. I told him yes and gave him my receipt…he observe the receipt and he said …oboy your admission letter say 15k then why did you pay 3k …..I just smile and said ….we are allowed to pay per the courses you are offering and I will be offering only 3 courses that’s why I paid 3k …..he just node head
So I told him I have my covid result…he asked me to bring it.
Then he started asking me some questions, Omo …I think the officer was looking at my file and asking me questions from there. I realize that when he called the name of my sponsor grin. And asked about his job. I told him every every.
So he ask if I have proof of funds….I told him my sponsor refused to give me grin (I forget to carry o)
Then final question..what will you be doing till your school resume….I told him quarantine grin
So he printed my study permit Nd SiN stuf …..Nd started advising me that I can work for 20 hours then holiday time, I can work for 40 hours….and I can go back to Nigeria for visiting (I just shake my head for my mind).
So that’s all….then I was walking down to the next part I started hearing…hello sir, hello sir , hello sir…..I didn’t bother looking back ….I nor believe say immigration officer go Dey call me sir….I finally looked back, it was d officer and he gave me one of my print out that I forgot with him grin……

So I went to claim my baggage.
After that, I went to do covid test, then after that …went to one joint to wait for my shuttle to my hotel. Nice hotel nice view, Everything went smooth and I thank God for a safe trip.
Wishing everyone coming this fall Safe travels.

I use style like their food sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oluwacolded: 12:04am On Aug 05, 2021
bollybeejay:

You need your degree not waec to apply, schools in January I doubt that just look towards May or September. You should also start planning how to deal with home ties aspect of your application since you and your wife are currently in UK. Being a Nigerian most schools will waive IELTS for you as you are from an English speaking nation. I presume you're not planning to apply for a BSC that won't be a nice move and won't make any visa sense. Any program you're applying to has to be on a post graduate level.
thanks boss. Any centralize website to start applying to Universities from?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ericksen(m): 12:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Thanks. Noted.
GodsGabby:

If you booked your flight directly with the airline please let them know you have an over weight or extra Kgs.
They have a fee for it which is cheaper than when you pay at the airport.
Speak with their customer service to let them know how to go about it.

Also some are kind to allow 2 extra kgs nd they overlook it for you at the airport.

Please! please!! please!!! to us.
When buying your travelling box, go for light ones so u can have enough to pack. Dnt go for a box that is weighty already, u no go see anything carry 23kg don reach.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ericksen(m): 12:23am On Aug 05, 2021
Won't they weigh the 10kg bag too?
Testimonytime:

Remove 5 kg from the 29 kg and add to the 10 kg hand luggage
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tcrown2020(f): 12:25am On Aug 05, 2021
[quCongratulations . Please which course are you studying at MUN ?
Is your custodian based in the same city as the school ?

ote author=boyemfic post=104437849]

Do you pay your full tuition [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tcrown2020(f): 12:30am On Aug 05, 2021
Jeff5gold:
Landing gist landing gist landing gist grin grin grin grin

So I arrived at MMA, all those serious looking bag boys carried my luggage, I think say them be better people until they told me I needed to buy yellow card 6 thousand naira that without the yellow card, I won’t be allowed to board or immigration will charge me 200 dollar, well I quickly made it clear to them that I came to the airport with no money atall not even dollar….I nor get money to waste.

Flight was by 11pm check-in started by 4PM they asked for my
Enrolment letter
Acceptance letter
School fees receipt

The airline staff (KLM) verified the documents, Omo one fyn woman..I nor just understand just squeeze face Dey say 3 weeks to resumption…Omo I being 1 faint …after snapping those documents I mentioned earlier, I was asked to bring my covid test result…then I realize I’m good to go ����

If you are traveling..buy snacks or anything put for your bag….hunger almost kill me.

So when I arrived Toronto airport; officer asked me if I have been accepted by the school I’m going to, I said yes, and he said if I have proof I told him yes and should him my acceptance letter.
He was observing the letter then I gave him my letter of introduction without him asking grin
Then he ask if I have paid my fee .. I told him yes and gave him my receipt…he observe the receipt and he said …oboy your admission letter say 15k then why did you pay 3k …..I just smile and said ….we are allowed to pay per the courses you are offering and I will be offering only 3 courses that’s why I paid 3k …..he just node head
So I told him I have my covid result…he asked me to bring it.
Then he started asking me some questions, Omo …I think the officer was looking at my file and asking me questions from there. I realize that when he called the name of my sponsor grin. And asked about his job. I told him every every.
So he ask if I have proof of funds….I told him my sponsor refused to give me grin (I forget to carry o)
Then final question..what will you be doing till your school resume….I told him quarantine grin
So he printed my study permit Nd SiN stuf …..Nd started advising me that I can work for 20 hours then holiday time, I can work for 40 hours….and I can go back to Nigeria for visiting (I just shake my head for my mind).
So that’s all….then I was walking down to the next part I started hearing…hello sir, hello sir , hello sir…..I didn’t bother looking back ….I nor believe say immigration officer go Dey call me sir….I finally looked back, it was d officer and he gave me one of my print out that I forgot with him grin……

So I went to claim my baggage.
After that, I went to do covid test, then after that …went to one joint to wait for my shuttle to my hotel. Nice hotel nice view, Everything went smooth and I thank God for a safe trip.
Wishing everyone coming this fall Safe travels.

I use style like their food sha.

Congratulations
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toceenay(m): 12:31am On Aug 05, 2021
Oluwacolded:
Hello house I am new here. I am interested in going to Canada to do a Master. Here is my profile.

I am currently in Uk on a student dependent visa, My wife is a student while I am her dependent. I have vast travel history as I have been to Kenya,Rwanda,Ghana,Dubai,Italy,Germany and France.

I am currently employed as a support worker here in Uk at a mental health facility for almost 20months now which I earn at minimum £1600 like N1,120,000 converted to Naira monthly.

I have a degree in Philosophy (3.51CGPA)
And I want to go for counseling Psychology as it relates to my current job.

The main question is this is there any school accepting application now for January entry?? Please help me this information. I want schools I can apply with my Waec result and not need to sit for IELTS please and need someone to scrutinize my profile.

Somebody help
1. You can't get January intake for international students now, we are already in August. You should look towards September which is usually the most available intake for graduate studies.

2. If you're applying for Counselling Psychology, you need a very strong SOP when submitting your study permit... Because changing career path from Philosophy BA (as your discipline) to Counselling Psychology B.Ed with 20 months (less than 2-3 years) of related work experience may not be convincing enough to the VO. So you'll need strong SOP to establish some convincing fact.

3. Check out University of Alberta, Memorial University, Acadia University, University of Saskatchewan, New Brunswick University and some Universities in British Columbia, they have good Counselling Psychology programs for Masters. I've checked all these universities out because I'm applying for Counselling Psychology as well.
Studied Guidance and Counselling in my first degree.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toceenay(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Oluwacolded

In addition to that, you may have to go for a Post Graduate Certificate PGD/C in Counselling Psychology.
Reason is that all these universities I mentioned earlier request that applicants to this program (Counselling Psychology M.Ed) need to have taken some psychological courses [developmental psychology, psychopathology, educational psychology etc] (they are prerequisite) in their first degree, which you obviously won't have done since you studied philosophy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jerryjack022: 12:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Biot34:
Good day I was denied a Canada study visa based on this reason
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment

Please how can I respond to this situation if I want to reapply... I have gotten my GCMS notes still the same Pls gurus in the house help your boy ooooo.....

What are the documents you submitted from your work? I had a delay base on this reason in my first application and overcame it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oluwacolded: 12:54am On Aug 05, 2021
Toceenay:

1. You can't get January intake for international students now, we are already in August. You should look towards September which is usually the most available intake for graduate studies.

2. If you're applying for Counselling Psychology, you need a very strong SOP when submitting your study permit... Because changing career path from Philosophy BA (as your discipline) to Counselling Psychology B.Ed with 20 months (less than 2-3 years) of related work experience may not be convincing enough to the VO. So you'll need strong SOP to establish some convincing fact.

3. Check out University of Alberta, Memorial University, Acadia University, University of Saskatchewan, New Brunswick University and some Universities in British Columbia, they have good Counselling Psychology programs for Masters. I've checked all these universities out because I'm applying for Counselling Psychology as well.
Studied Guidance and Counselling in my first degree.
least I forget I have an Msc in Psychology in Uk
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patty10: 12:57am On Aug 05, 2021
badmanjo:
Nice one Jeff5gold, may maple land favor you... Images toh bad
please how do I get an enrollment letter? I only have acceptance letter. At what point do I get the enrollment letter? I am currently waiting to receive my stamped passport back from VFS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patty10: 1:01am On Aug 05, 2021
Jerryjack022:

What are the documents you submitted from your work? I had a delay base on this reason in my first application and overcame it.

If you are self sponsored like me, provide the following ( this is based on what I submitted and I was approved)
Employment letter
Payslips
Bank statement
Pension statement
Letter from employer stating that he is aware of my study ( although I didn’t apply for a leave)
Then an SOP linking your undergraduate courses to your current job and how it relates to the prospective course you are about studying.
I also submit travel history
Undergraduate certification and transcript
Certifications and trainings

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toceenay(m): 1:02am On Aug 05, 2021
Oluwacolded:
least I forget I have an Msc in Psychology in Uk
Why don't you go for PhD?
Because mentioning you have MSc in Psychology won't help when applying for Masters again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oluwacolded: 1:09am On Aug 05, 2021
Toceenay:

Why don't you go for PhD?
Because mentioning you have MSc in Psychology won't help when applying for Masters again.
that is why i don’t want to include it in my profile. Since I am working in an healthcare facility and probably by the time I am gonna apply for Visa my work experience should have been 2years plus. So I want to link current job with my intended study.

All applications would be made from Uk
Do you think there is any advantage attached to applying outside of Nigeria ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 2:32am On Aug 05, 2021
Keren12:

1). No specified minimum nor maximum, it is subjective... Just make sure you present your case in coherent details... We have seen people approved without SOP (apparently the person wasn't aware of it's importance at the time of application submission, NOT ADVISABLE TO DO THIS), with a page SOP and some with upto 7 pages SOP... Different approach to individual cases...

Mine was 5 pages, with subheadings and ample evidence to support my write-up... I was wary of home ties, employment situation and personal assets, so I took my time to go beyond reasonable doubt in convincing the VO regarding those issues...

2). Please explain the lump sums in details.

All the best in your application... May God perfect it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Timexxy: 2:33am On Aug 05, 2021
This actually depends on your School....I could generate mine after registering for my courses. Find out from your School.

patty10:
please how do I get an enrollment letter? I only have acceptance letter. At what point do I get the enrollment letter? I am currently waiting to receive my stamped passport back from VFS

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.