Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (540) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (702511 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:37am On Aug 05, 2021
dfutbolar:

Na people like una dey spoil this country image. Those patronising you are also guilty. If IRCC is on this thread now you will just cause innocent people unnecessary scrutiny again and spoil chances for good people. Please delete this now or we will start reporting your moniker

Exactly.. That needs to be removed.

Honestly. If you did it, just keep quiet!! simple

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uche09: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2021
I’d like to know if anyone has an idea how long the nigeria student express takes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2021
mercy445:
Congratulations to all PPR holders, and those of us waiting!

Good morning everyone, I received my gcms note this morning. I would appreciate it if anyone points me to any post that explains what to look out for. Eligibility is blank, the primary office is Nairobi (how can I send them an email).
What caught my attention the most is how many times my file has been transferred (Accra, Lagos, Beijing, Nairobi, London, Ho Chi Minh. Also under notes, no words just note 1 to 4 detailing school info.

I will appreciate any help PLEASE.
Info sharing says in progress
3rd page that says application assignment shows a due date of June 13th
May 5 applicant.

Thanks
Remember that the note you have is the information about your application as at the date the Request was Registered (Abt 30days ago) not the date the Request was generated. Bearing that in mind, it's possible that a lot has happened to your application since that time. If there is Assessment notes, you can state it,if not just keep praying and relax. There is nothing much you can do. Avoid uploading any documents that was not requested except if it is relevant due to assessment note you must have noticed in you GCMS notes.
You can also send Emails to Nairobi Office, and Lagos Office reminding them the need to complete your application on time. I believe they read our messages and takes note of it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Uche09:
I’d like to know if anyone has an idea how long the nigeria student express takes?

20 days on paper and a pinch of 2 months in reality
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
mercy445:

Good morning everyone, I received my gcms note this morning. I would appreciate it if anyone points me to any post that explains what to look out for. Eligibility is blank, the primary office is Nairobi (how can I send them an email).
What caught my attention the most is how many times my file has been transferred (Accra, Lagos, Beijing, Nairobi, London, Ho Chi Minh. Also under notes, no words just note 1 to 4 detailing school info.

May 5 applicant.

Thanks

It simply means your eligibility has not started, However your application has passed the standard processing time as stated on IRCC website see the emails to their different offices you can send a reminder email twice a week.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2021
OCT202020:

We can't wait to hear your story jare.
Your tenacity speaks volume,a warm congratulations from here.

The flood gate of approval's just been opened, people claim your own o.
Amen in Jesus name
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:42am On Aug 05, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Remember that the note you have is the information about your application as at the date the Request was Registered (Abt 30days ago) not the date the Request was generated. Bearing that in mind, it's possible that a lot has happened to your application since that time. If there is Assessment notes, you can state it,if not just keep praying and relax. There is nothing much you can do. Avoid uploading any documents that was not requested except if it is relevant due to assessment note you must have noticed in you GCMS notes.

There is always a due date (proposed date to finalize the application on the 3rd page) & the date the note was generated on the button of each page. These are two different dates.

Unfortunately, those guys' due date is just on paper like our NSE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oluwacolded: 10:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Any good Samaritan can point out a college or University that’s fast to responding to application. Preferably Winter entry but don’t mind September 2022 entry.

I have a degree in Philosophy
I would love to go for an Msc in this field though my work is not related to philosophy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:44am On Aug 05, 2021
Tghurl:
Good morning everyone.

So I have admission with Durham College for September 2021 and I am wondering if it is too late to apply for a study visa now.

Any and all advices would be highly appreciated.

You should go ahead and apply but you most likely (if not definitely) won't get a final decision before September 2021.
Most schools have deferral option,so you can explore that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 10:46am On Aug 05, 2021
Winner0718:
Deleted

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2021
Oluwacolded:
Any good Samaritan can point out a college or University that’s fast to responding to application. Preferably Winter entry but don’t mind September 2022 entry.

I have a degree in Philosophy
I would love to go for an Msc in this field though my work is not related to philosophy.
Try Saskatchewan or Niagara.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gentledaf(m): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2021
Jeff5gold:
Landing gist landing gist landing gist grin grin grin grin

So I arrived at MMA, all those serious looking bag boys carried my luggage, I think say them be better people until they told me I needed to buy yellow card 6 thousand naira that without the yellow card, I won’t be allowed to board or immigration will charge me 200 dollar, well I quickly made it clear to them that I came to the airport with no money atall not even dollar….I nor get money to waste.

Flight was by 11pm check-in started by 4PM they asked for my
Enrolment letter
Acceptance letter
School fees receipt

The airline staff (KLM) verified the documents, Omo one fyn woman..I nor just understand just squeeze face Dey say 3 weeks to resumption…Omo I being 1 faint …after snapping those documents I mentioned earlier, I was asked to bring my covid test result…then I realize I’m good to go ����

If you are traveling..buy snacks or anything put for your bag….hunger almost kill me.

So when I arrived Toronto airport; officer asked me if I have been accepted by the school I’m going to, I said yes, and he said if I have proof I told him yes and should him my acceptance letter.
He was observing the letter then I gave him my letter of introduction without him asking grin
Then he ask if I have paid my fee .. I told him yes and gave him my receipt…he observe the receipt and he said …oboy your admission letter say 15k then why did you pay 3k …..I just smile and said ….we are allowed to pay per the courses you are offering and I will be offering only 3 courses that’s why I paid 3k …..he just node head
So I told him I have my covid result…he asked me to bring it.
Then he started asking me some questions, Omo …I think the officer was looking at my file and asking me questions from there. I realize that when he called the name of my sponsor grin. And asked about his job. I told him every every.
So he ask if I have proof of funds….I told him my sponsor refused to give me grin (I forget to carry o)
Then final question..what will you be doing till your school resume….I told him quarantine grin
So he printed my study permit Nd SiN stuf …..Nd started advising me that I can work for 20 hours then holiday time, I can work for 40 hours….and I can go back to Nigeria for visiting (I just shake my head for my mind).
So that’s all….then I was walking down to the next part I started hearing…hello sir, hello sir , hello sir…..I didn’t bother looking back ….I nor believe say immigration officer go Dey call me sir….I finally looked back, it was d officer and he gave me one of my print out that I forgot with him grin……

So I went to claim my baggage.
After that, I went to do covid test, then after that …went to one joint to wait for my shuttle to my hotel. Nice hotel nice view, Everything went smooth and I thank God for a safe trip.
Wishing everyone coming this fall Safe travels.

I use style like their food sha.

Wow nice.......I can't wait oooh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2021
mercy445:

May 5 applicant.

Thanks

There are two ways to know if your eligibility has started;

1. The summary assessment page (on page 2)
2. And the verification session on your note.

Due to the workload, the Case analyst might not update your summary page but eligibility has started (this explains why some people eligibility wouldn't start on the portal until the last date they received PPR) You will just notice that eligibility started in the morning and PPR was gotten a few hours later because it's not mandatory for them to update it.

However, the verification page is equally important as the summary assessment page because the case analyst must update it. (you will find your IELTS, MSB, EMPLOYMENT Verification here, LOA verification here, etc)

GCMS note is full of code. If you decode it you will have an idea of how your application is faring as at when it was generated.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mercy445: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2021
EmeeNaka:
You can also send Emails to Nairobi Office, and Lagos Office reminding them the need to complete your application on time. I believe they read our messages and takes note of it.

Thank you so much for your response; shows note was generated July 22 actually. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by amiecandie: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2021
STRICK00:
HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE BEEN A SILENT READER ON THIS PLATFORM

HELP ME REJOICE, MY PPR JUST DROPPED ON MY 6TH APPLICATION

I HAVE BEEN IN TEARS SINCE 5am WHEN I SAW THE UPDATE

I WILL COME BACK TO SHARE MY STORY

I am in great joy with you! This is amazing! Lord be glorified. Congratulations ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uche09: 10:49am On Aug 05, 2021
lawfree638:

20 days on paper and a pinch of 2 months in reality

Do you anyone lately that got approved with the NSE?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mercy445: 10:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Winner0718:

It simply means your eligibility has not started, However your application has passed the standard processing time as stated on IRCC website see the emails to their different offices you can send a reminder email twice a week.

Thank you so much, please do u by chance have any sample of such emails to send? or point me to a thread that talked about that, I just don't want to type anything.

This is so helpful thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2021
Uche09:

Do you anyone lately that got approved with the NSE?
Thanks

Yes.

@lianna, may99 et al.

within 25 days to 1 months I think.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mercy445: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2021
lawfree638:

There are two ways to know if your eligibility has started;

1. The summary assessment page (on page 2)
2. And the verification session on your note.

Due to the workload, the Case analyst might not update your summary page but eligibility has started (this explains why some people eligibility wouldn't start on the portal until the last date they received PPR) You will just notice that eligibility started in the morning and PPR was gotten a few hours later because it's not mandatory for them to update it.

However, the verification page is equally important as the summary assessment page because the case analyst must update it. (you will find your IELTS, MSB, EMPLOYMENT Verification here, LOA verification here, etc)

GCMS note is full of code. If you decode it you will have an idea of how your application is faring as at when it was generated.

Thank you so much, so helpful. Please where can I find verification; I will keep looking through it. Also found a link that helps with what to look out for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:59am On Aug 05, 2021
mercy445:

Thank you so much, so helpful. Please where can I find verification; I will keep looking through it. Also found a link that helps with what to look out for.

Few pages before the note session at the last page.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Uche09: 11:09am On Aug 05, 2021
lawfree638:

Yes.

@lianna, may99 et al.

within 25 days to 1 months I think.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lifeis247: 11:11am On Aug 05, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Is anyone going to Saint John New Brunswick and looking for a male for shared accommodation?

- please send me a private message - thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 11:11am On Aug 05, 2021
mercy445:

Thank you so much, please do u by chance have any sample of such emails to send? or point me to a thread that talked about that, I just don't want to type anything.

This is so helpful thanks.

I have no sample at hand hopefully some one who has will see this and respond.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2021
There's no link to attach documents on the link I am using. I know the limit of the file size.

Anon123:

What is the size of the doc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2021
I'm beginning to feel somehow about this people's August 6 promise. My application was submitted April 8. It'd be four months in three days time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Johnmark247: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2021
Congratulations.

Please do you mind helping with the list of documents you and family submitted?

Kkddyit:
Hi all. My visa was approved with my spouse and kids two weeks ago and we plan travelling by month end. Must I get a travel exempt authorization letter for them before they are allowed to board. And if yes, please what is the process.

I need some clarifications in this area pls...

Thanks all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ysakaws1: 11:37am On Aug 05, 2021
Who is traveling to University of Winnipeg or University of Manitoba by August and wants to share a 2 bedroom apartment? 50% rent and bills.

I’m a male in my early 20s
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Keren12: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2021
will i need a new gckey login details to reapply or I can use the existing one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kkddyit: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Johnmark247:
Congratulations.

Please do you mind helping with the list of documents you and family submitted?

Already shared. Check my testimony on July 22. Best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 11:43am On Aug 05, 2021
Keren12:
will i need a new gckey login details to reapply or I can use the existing one?

Use your existing gc key
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kkddyit: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2021
sfApase:

Thanks for the reply, I was refused and someone said that I am not supposed to apply for open work permit for spouse. I am confused! Check what I applied for in the picture below.

That's exactly what I applied for. You know there are no two applications that are the same. By the way, what program are you going for and did you provide good PoF.

Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Alwayszilla: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2021
I’m currently in US rn waiting for Canada as well June 11th applicant... Text me on WhatsApp abeg make I get partner 08146490490
shams040:
I am so unhappy right now as I have to go to the US because Canada hasn't issued a decision on my permit since june 25th.

Please is it possible for them to stamp my visa in the US or I need to send it to Nig or come to Nig again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) ... (676)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.