Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (545) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (687886 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wd2454418: 6:13am On Aug 06, 2021
@frankrobbn1 is it possible to upload more documents I forgot to upload after submitting application? I have done biometrics as well? I forgot to upload a personal land document of mine. Thanks in anticipation for ur response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Thank you. This makes do much sense.

MOBAN444:

B4 the gurus come, here is my take:
- A refund invalidates your LOA.
- Apply for a fresh admission, pay the application fee and secure the admission.
- Write to the school and transfer the sch fees to the new admission.
- If the sch refunds you before the new admission lands, pay the fees immediately you secure the admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2021
Amen. Wish you same.

Uvray:
TO : Chipo 14
Don't lose hope.
The long awaited August 6th is just 24 hours away.
I believe there will be a rain of PPR and with yours inclusive.
Have a good night's sleep and wait for good news.
God is in control.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chipo14: 6:30am On Aug 06, 2021
It's not about the tone of my mails. My initial resumption date was May 6th which was deferred to September 9 due to IRCC delay in finalizing approvals.

I am entitled to my refund provided I didn't register for courses or join the orientation due for September 9. The school however is trying to reduce numbers of enrollees as they currently have more numbers than they want to take for fall. My tuition balance is due on August 9 which secure my spot for September. I was asked to confirm status of my visa latest today or apply for a refund by August 9.

SoFaithly:

Well, I don’t know the tone of your email to them, but not withstanding, you have a right to your refund EXCEPT if you already registered for courses. Course registration is what seals your contract with the school, and once this is done, you are liable to pay your full tuition even if you never attended the classes afterward.

My candid advice: Relax on courses registration till you have the outcome of your study permit. And if your study permit gets approved after your classes resumption; write a fresh request for deferral of your studies (you don’t need to mention that your permit have been approved), and if they decline your request which I doubt they will, automatically, you are entitled to a full refund as long as it becomes obvious that the fault isn’t on you, and you haven’t signed off for courses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mike5102: 7:00am On Aug 06, 2021
Please does anyone know how one can change institutions in the ircc account? I can’t see any of the options there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by em3kae88: 7:00am On Aug 06, 2021
My passport expires in August 2022 and I want to start study permit application for my program that starts in May 2022. I can't get apply for a new passport now since the current one still has a validity of a year.

Do I continue with the current passport?

Will this affect my study permit application?

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fav2deep: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2021
You can continue with your application it changes nothing.

em3kae88:
My passport expires in August 2022 and I want to start study permit application for my program that starts in May 2022. I can't get apply for a new passport now since the current one still has a validity of a year.

Do I continue with the current passport?

Will this affect my study permit application?

Thanks in anticipation of your valuable responses.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by STRICK00: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2021
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE EMAILS AND CONGRATULATORY MESAAGES
This is my story:
I began this journey in 2018.
first application(used an agent)- march 2018..denied for insufficient funds, home ties, vague sop.. agent only told me i was denied for insufficient funds

June 2018 ..2nd application-same exact reasons( used same evil agent )

At this point the agent stopped picking my call and didn’t even tell me i was rejected, I had to go and explain at canadian high commission before they helped me out with my application details.
It was honestly a depressing time,
The mopol at the gate wiped me baton because he said i was trying to enter the high commission forcefully
3rd application- february 2018- Did it myself-denied on home ties, funds, no link between past study and program that i want to go for(i studied accounting and i was going for a masters in project management)

4th and 5th application (did it myself)-june 2019 and may 2020 respectively - denied for (home ties and insufficient funds)

I honestly was tired at this point as i had done everything I knew and even attended countless seminars but no help
someone had also introduced me to nairaland but i didn’t trust or believe i could get any help from there
I sha started reading this thread but i didn’t sign up because at that point i was just reading for entertainment sake , this was around january .. it was here i learnt of gmcs note and i ordered it with the help of a family friend in canada , that was when i saw all the things visa officers had been saying , there’s one where the vo called my application “unreasonable “(that one na story for another day)

I had even already given up after reading the gcms sha and started considering other options
infact i had gotten admission in UK and was in the visa process

so one day, I attended one webinar on canadian study permit application tips because i was bored and then the woman talked about using a certified agent and I remember that my cousin used one for her application and got approved . But i however didn’t consider it because i had already lost hope and i didn’t want to spend any more funds on anything, O just wan dey use my salary dey chop abeg

Anyhow sha a few days after the webinar , I reached out to my cousin to give me the number . after I got it

me and the man spoke lengthily for about 2 hours (it was one of the most soothing and truthful conversations i had ever had), and after the call, I decided to give it one last final shot . So i made the payments for go’s services to this agency account and I submitted all the documents he asked... it was quite a lot of documents and affidavits but i guess it was worth it

I also did ielts again
mind you i had done ielts a long time ago but it expired and then i did medical.
my 3rd time doing medical oh!

So the application was submitted on april 2nd and he handed over my account to me for monitoring and I got ppr and bvl dropped same time yesterday

Honestly, I just want to tell everyone to keep trying, I remember when i was looking all around lagos for the first unfortunate agent
I even got pickpocketed in brt

chai my advice is not to give up
na who give up na in Bleep up
you have only lost when you give up

if you get denied, just sit back, restrategize and refire..

WE SHALL ALL MEET IN CANADA

ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE SHOW OF LOVE
GOD BLESS US ALL

IT SHALL AND WILL END IN PRAISE
GOOD MORNING!

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2021
STRICK00:
This is my story:
first application(used an agent)- march 2018..denied for insufficient funds, home ties, vague sop.. agent only told me i was denied for insufficient funds

At this point the agent stopped picking my call and didn’t even tell me i was rejected, I had to go and explain at canadian high commission before they helped me out with my application details.
The mopol at the gate wiped me baton because he said i was trying to enter the high commission forcefully
3rd application- february 2018- Did it myself-denied on home ties, funds, no link between past study and program that i want to go for(i studied accounting and i was going for a masters in project management)

4th and 5th application (did it myself)-june 2019 and may 2020 respectively - denied for (home ties and insufficient funds)

I honestly was tired at this point as i had done everything I knew and even attended countless seminars but no help
someone had also introduced me to nairaland but i didn’t trust or believe i could get any help from there
I sha started reading this thread but i didn’t sign up because at that point i was just reading for entertainment sake , this was around january .. it was here i learnt of gmcs note and i ordered it with the help of a family friend in canada , that was when i saw all the things visa officers had been saying , there’s one where the vo called my application “unreasonable “(that one na story for another day)

I had even already given up after reading the gcms sha and started considering other options

so one day, I attended one webinar on canadian study permit application tips because i was bored and then the woman talked about using a certified agent and I remember that my cousin used one for her application and got approved . But i however didn’t consider it because i had already lost hope and i didn’t want to spend any more funds on anything, O just wan dey use my salary dey chop abeg

Anyhow sha a few days after the webinar , I reached out to my cousin to give me the number . after I got it

me and the man spoke lengthily for about 2 hours (it was one of the most soothing and truthful conversations i had ever had), and after the call, I decided to give it one last final shot . So i made the payments for go’s services to this agency account and I submitted all the documents he asked... it was quite a lot of documents and affidavits but i guess it was worth it

I also did ielts again
mind you i had done ielts a long time ago but it expired and then i did medical.

So the application was submitted on april 2nd and he handed over my account to me for monitoring and I got ppr and bvl dropped same time yesterday

Honestly, I just want to tell everyone to keep trying, I remember when i was looking all around lagos for the first unfortunate agent

GOD BLESS US ALL

GOOD MORNING!

Congratulations. When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Olaa123: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2021
mudiwest:

April 2nd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by STRICK00: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2021
mudiwest:

april 2nd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 7:45am On Aug 06, 2021
[quote author=STRICK00 post=104479613]THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE EMAILS AND CONGRATULATORY MESAAGES
This is my story:

I also did ielts again

GOD BLESS US ALL
Amen ooo it will end in Praise for us

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RoyalDukeDon: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2021
Is it necessary to Inform IRCC about change of study program and intake if your study permit application is still in progress?? I need urgent answers please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by jfrazzy(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2021
N
afomon12:
August 6 is tomorrow! Hope IRCC will not fall our hands tomorrow? Can they really be trusted? Lets see how it goes!!!
Any luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 06, 2021
Are normal route people getting responses at all?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by possessor1: 8:31am On Aug 06, 2021
wow! Canada will favour you! Congratulations!
NB: To all of you that have cancelled agents.. Not all agents are crooks or bad!
STRICK00:

This is my story:

I also did ielts again

GOD BLESS US ALL

GOOD MORNING!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by DrAFOguns: 8:54am On Aug 06, 2021
Good morning house.

I want to transfer funds from my salary account to my savings account as the salary account is not so active and so that all the funds can be in one account.

Do I need to provide MBS for the salary account or just make reference to the transaction on my savings account MBS?

N.B
I am not the PA but a dependent for a family application.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by em3kae88: 9:22am On Aug 06, 2021
fav2deep:
You can continue with your application it changes nothing.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 9:30am On Aug 06, 2021
You can, just wrap it well and put in your box.
Lekiboboe:

Ok now, taking note, Gracias!!

But can I go with my GOYA Extra Virgin Oil, if yes, should i leave the content in that glass bottle (mine is quite big like a Coke bottle and can break if it falls on the ground) or I should pour the content into a Plastic table water Bottle?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by em3kae88: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2021
I'm about to write my SOP and would like to see samples from guys that have had their permits. I know that no two SOPs are the same however, I need templates to guide me.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MOBAN444(m): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2021
Go to page one.

em3kae88:
I'm about to write my SOP and would like to see samples from guys that have had their permits. I know that no two SOPs are the same however, I need templates to guide me.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MOBAN444(m): 9:56am On Aug 06, 2021
Salary account is a good way to proof source of fund and economic tie.
There is no need to transfer any, provide MBS for both, it's acceptable.

DrAFOguns:
Good morning house.

I want to transfer funds from my salary account to my savings account as the salary account is not so active and so that all the funds can be in one account.

Do I need to provide MBS for the salary account or just make reference to the transaction on my savings account MBS?

N.B
I am not the PA but a dependent for a family application.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2021
STRICK00:
This is my story:

I also did ielts again

GOD BLESS US ALL

GOOD MORNING!

Congratulations, what a WAWUUU.
some agents are just are devil incarnate.

But you sef try to use him twice after you found out he lied the first time... and the mistake you made was you applying all over and over again yourself.

I love your Dogged heart which kept u strong and now it has ended in praise.

Glad u got a genuine agent who helped out. May Canada favour you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2021
wd2454418:
@frankrobbn1 is it possible to upload more documents I forgot to upload after submitting application? I have done biometrics as well? I forgot to upload a personal land document of mine. Thanks in anticipation for ur response.

YES YOU CAN

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MOBAN444(m): 10:03am On Aug 06, 2021
Does it mean that all May application is complex?

I am even loosing sleep.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:04am On Aug 06, 2021
RoyalDukeDon:
Is it necessary to Inform IRCC about change of study program and intake if your study permit application is still in progress?? I need urgent answers please.
If Eligibility Review has commenced in your Application, please desist from submitting any Replacement Documents. I made the same mistake, I got extra one month before my application will be opened again, which will expire by August,13.
So long as it's the same DLI, it's not for IRCC consumption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Victoryokondu: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2021
MOBAN444:
Does it mean that all May application is complex?

I am even loosing sleep.

Lol sorry dear, hang in there. I applied in May oo 15th to be precise non NSE I still dey wait.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2021
EmeeNaka:
If Eligibility Review has commenced in your Application, please desist from submitting any Replacement Documents. I made the same mistake, I got extra one month before my application will be opened again, which will expire by August,13.
So long as it's the same DLI, it's not for IRCC consumption.

I learned from your action. I'm hoping for final positive approval for you by Aug 13.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JustMellow: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2021
Kaydelegend01:
Good morning my leaders in the house .

Please I need your advise at this juncture.

I have B.Sc Economics 2:1...Msc Econs and I applied for an MBA for career progression...
I have applied for my permit since May 13th, though I was able to do my biometrics and got it updated on the 19th of May, did my medicals on the 11th of May as well. Both bio and med have been updated and passed since 19th of May.

I submitted Ielts, 4 months my banks statement, one 9.5m from my personal account in first bank and 6m fixed deposit certificate from an access joint account with my wife.

I also submitted consent letter from wify, My employment letter, pay slip, letter of intro from my organisation and lots more

I submitted police clearance certificate and even paid 11,000 CAD apart from the 15.5m I submitted as my POF.

I attached the landed properties I have in 3 major states in Nigeria and some house documents too.

I didn't get NSE request....and even till now now even a single ghost update.

Should I order for another mybankstatement from January to August??

What should I do cos am bit worried my people .

Kindly speak as your advise here gives us a lot of courage .

My resumption is 26th Sept...Newbrunswick

Hello Kaydelegend01,

You have a good profile. You should stay calm as not all application receives a GU. You didn't get the NSE request because you have already satisfied the requirements.

If possible, send IRCC an updated financial record and request your GCMS notes.

Best of Luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 10:35am On Aug 06, 2021
lawfree638:

I learned from your action. I'm hoping for final positive approval for you by Aug 13.
I am really hoping and praying. We shall all get positive answer this month. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by patocypher: 10:36am On Aug 06, 2021
Hello everyone, please I need urgent help, I submitted my application since on the 18 of February, I received a message from IRCC Requesting to pay an outstanding debt of $235 crown on the 10th of June, unknown for me the agent that submitted my application didn’t make this payment, I call and explained to her and she said she has uploaded the payment, my GCMS note came few days and I noticed she didn’t make this payment, and application is on how, please I need anybody to help me on what to do next, or how too make this payment, please urgent
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by greis1: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2021
It's PPR!!!!

A rollercoaster of emotions!

I'll be back to share the timeline.

68 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.