Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (703163 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Omiinii: 8:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Even the personal assets is a bullshit excuse. As a VO my funds that are readily available are the ones you should be worried about, not my cars and properties that I'm sure they find difficult to prove the existence of such assets. Na yeye excuse jare.
KellyKk:

Travel history is an excuse for the VO . All these people are just mad . This is the first time I’m seeing denied base on travel history since I join this platform. Some people that got their PPR months ago haven’t travel interstate talk less of other country
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 8:23am On Aug 10, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello, what should be the size of the digital passpt, does it has time frame to take it?
And how many?

YOUR PHOTOS MUST BE:

50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide X 2 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
clear, sharp and in focus.
The photographers are familiar The dimensions though.

It's one of the documents to be submitted alongside your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ugurus: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2021
RollyA:
I doubt much, they may only revert to the AIP process if they want to insist on virtual learning. What i see is, they are pushing the remaining approvals to January probably because they have met their threshold rather than just deny outrightly which is even better.

My school has already deferred my admission to January, however I dont intend to update IRCC since my LOA is still valid till 6th of September

The deafening silence is just annoying at least give us some information. Some people may have other alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:24am On Aug 10, 2021
RollyA:
I doubt much, they may only revert to the AIP process if they want to insist on virtual learning. What i see is, they are pushing the remaining approvals to January probably because they have met their threshold rather than just deny outrightly which is even better.

My school has already deferred my admission to January, however I dont intend to update IRCC since my LOA is still valid till 6th of September

it's not better to push the remaining Applications to January. A lot of us can't defer to January, most of us can only defer to next September Intake. It's just a very bad thing IRCC is doing. Their staff are now only replying emails and not working anymore.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 8:26am On Aug 10, 2021
Amicableoga:
I got this from IRCC. pls can someone explain the stage of my application. I applied May 16th.

It's just an automatic response jare.
Those guys are confused right now ,just stay hopeful and keep raising webform if your application has exceeded the normal processing time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 8:27am On Aug 10, 2021
TheShaman:
Just clocked that today makes it exactly thirty (30) days since I landed in Canada. Grateful to God for that. It's been quite the experience so far.

Glory be to God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 8:27am On Aug 10, 2021
I’m grateful. Thank you

lawfree638:

IRCC Support Centre at Ottawa

1-888-242-2100
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ritzzybaron: 8:31am On Aug 10, 2021
Send a webform to IRCC and plead with them to release your file to the GCM team…. Make it a detailed explanation. Send to Nairobi and london.
In my case I sent webforms and emails….. that same night my GCM notes dropped. Gcmnotes.com said they received my file that night from IRCC.

JayEjabz:
Hello everyone, please has anyone used applygcms.com to request for their gcms notes? This is 50days now and they have refused to send my notes or give a good explanation only saying Ircc hasn't sent it to them. Im beginning to doubt if they are genuine or not. Has anyone experienced such delay in getting their notes? Im so worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 8:33am On Aug 10, 2021
That’s where I feel I fault their processes. Those ones with intakes that have no close intake deferral should also be prioritized. But there’s no way they can also know if they aren’t even checking the applications.

I have lost 2 job offers because I was waiting and I didn’t want to resume a new place and leave them stranded in 2 months because I want to travel. I also can’t consider UK cos I have paid over 10m in tuition to Canada and I can’t begin the process without withdrawing that.

It is well… na we Dey find something

EmeeNaka:
it's not better to push the remaining Applications to January. A lot of us can't defer to January, most of us can only defer to next September Intake. It's just a very bad thing IRCC is doing. Their staff are now only replying emails and not working anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 8:35am On Aug 10, 2021
I can relate. I think the AIP thing helped, you had a glimmer of hope or at least you can make minimal plans with that. If I had AIP at least I will know directions and steps to take while waiting for PPR.

ugurus:
The deafening silence is just annoying at least give us some information. Some people may have other alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2021
Yusufibrahimde7:
Hello everyone,

My study permit was rejected based on travel history and personal assets could any guru assist on it .my admission is still by January 2022. Please I really your help Mr Franck ��

I'm so sorry about the outcome of your application sir, it's just a delay, you'll surely testify.

You shouldn't bother yourself about the travel history as it's not a cogent reason and that leaves you with personal asset to battle with.

Do you have a business?
Are you working
Did you tender any document to back it up?
Did you submit your personal statement of account, irrespective of the sitting balance?
If you have any property or investment,did you make it known?

These are some of the ways to proof personal asset.
But hopefully the gurus will weigh in and throw more light on it.

It's well bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 8:43am On Aug 10, 2021
RollyA:
I can relate. I think the AIP thing helped, you had a glimmer of hope or at least you can make minimal plans with that. If I had AIP at least I will know directions and steps to take while waiting for PPR.

AIP is nothing o. A lot of people got AIP and later got Refused. Nothing to predict with IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by theboyy: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2021
EmeeNaka:
it's written all over the recent behavior of IRCC. Since 1 August till date, it's less than 5 PPRs. It's clear they're no longer ready to issue PPR. Also, with the resurgence in Covid-19, they may be trying to force students to opt for Virtual lectures.

I also think that has been their plan for a long time now

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2021
Iffylove:
Please how do they do this security check,
security checks to ensure that you will not be a danger to Canadians should your study permit be approved, the Visa Officer will then request for your passport for visa issuance.

All applicants for Canada immigration must undergo a background security clearance to screen those who have been, or are involved in, espionage, subversion, or terrorism. This is to ensure that the safety and order of Canadian society are maintained and protected. Two federal bodies work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings:

1. Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
2. Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)

CSIS and CBSA provide security advice to IRCC to make sure applicants are not a threat to national security. However, they do not make decisions on applications. Such security screening decisions are made based on information from these available sources, which is then carefully weighed by the visa officer to determine whether an applicant is likely to threaten the internal security of Canada. When there is an indication of security concerns, an interview maybe scheduled to discuss these findings with the applicant. Anyone who poses such a threat must necessarily be prevented from entering Canada.

I hope this answers your enquiry on Security Checks.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OCT202020: 9:11am On Aug 10, 2021
EmeeNaka:
it's written all over the recent behavior of IRCC. Since 1 August till date, it's less than 5 PPRs. It's clear they're no longer ready to issue PPR. Also, with the resurgence in Covid-19, they may be trying to force students to opt for Virtual lectures.

I know canada is a country guided by statistics and I would want to erroneously believe that they already have a targeted number of approvals per year which I believe they are getting close to. So at this point they tend to be stricter and stingy, coming up with annoying flimsy and baseless reasons.

But las las den no get choice ,den go bow

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JayEjabz: 9:16am On Aug 10, 2021
Please can anyone be kind enough to send me the list of Mp's or a link to find one been going through the tl cant find one yet. I really want to send an email maybe that will help. Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 9:18am On Aug 10, 2021
Trueigbo:
Please can my brother who is 40years old with bachelor in Engineering apply for Diploma course in canada.

I advised him to go for masters since the requirement for diploma is just secondary school certificate

A masters degree is the best choice instead of a diploma.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Perseverer: 9:18am On Aug 10, 2021
I thought to share this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2021
would you rather have silence then? i mean i get but its something. i would have that better than not getting an update at all.

EmeeNaka:
AIP is nothing o. A lot of people got AIP and later got Refused. Nothing to predict with IRCC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2021
Good morning everyone, I just received my gcms notes yesterday and eligibility is blank, also no pre-assessment notes.
It says Compliance verification- pending

What does this mean? Awaiting your response, thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TennieYF: 9:22am On Aug 10, 2021
I mailed like 9 different MPs for Edmonton and they all gave the same response, they can't help because I am not currently in Canada

IntimidationJay:
this is new! Cos I had emailed the MP of my school and the assistant responded in less than 10 mins asking for my details which I shared with him, he responded 20mins later telling me that he has sent an inquiry to IRCC and if I don’t get an email from him in 2days I should follow up. The next day I got my PPR, two days after I got a response from him saying that My study permit was approved since June 25th but I got PPR on July 16th. I think the email from the MP reminded IRCC to issue my PPR.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Hate to say this, but welcome to the club, eligibility blank gang. Compliance verification should read required anyway but it means almost nothing as most notes have compliance verification required

TennieYF:
Good morning everyone, I just received my gcms notes yesterday and eligibility is blank, also no pre-assessment notes.
It says Compliance verification- pending

What does this mean? Awaiting your response, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kunbeeee: 9:23am On Aug 10, 2021
Have you ordered your GCMS notes?
Yusufibrahimde7:
Hello everyone,

My study permit was rejected based on travel history and personal assets could any guru assist on it .my admission is still by January 2022. Please I really your help Mr Franck ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by kunbeeee: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2021
This looks like a generic mail.
Amicableoga:
I got this from IRCC. pls can someone explain the stage of my application. I applied May 16th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2021
kings38:
Good Morning My People.. Please is there any other means of showing proof of fund when you don't have the complete amount required.. Please I seriously need an advise

Liquid cash is the only proof of funds for a Canadian visa application.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2021
mhozzis:
Would IRCC reconfirm my statement from my bank or request updated statement from me?

IRCC may request for an updated bank statement if the responsible immigration officer is not convinced that you've the available financial resources for your proposed study in Canada. Also note that its mybank statement certificate that will be requested on this occasion.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 9:35am On Aug 10, 2021
TennieYF, see my notes too, pretty much same with yours. it only means nothing has happened despite that my eligibility has started since April 18th or the notes were not updated.

Fingers crossed and mountain praying and fasting

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2021
makano:

Frank is considered the most senior Guru here presently, he got almost all what he knew about Canada Visa application from these thread and other Canada travel threads coupled with his personal research..

I remembered when I also joined this thread in 2017, I knew just 20% of the Canada study process, now with all humility I can say I know so much about these Canadian study permit, all thanks to the information on this thread and also my personal research..

I remain loyal my Oga, we are all learning and updating our knowledge at every stage of the process. For the survival of this platform, I will urge everyone to ask their questions here so others can gain an understanding of the advices given and make the most of these insights in their application.

I wish everyone a successful application process.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2021
RollyA:
TennieYF, see my notes too, pretty much same with yours. it only means nothing has happened despite that my eligibility has started since April 18th or the notes were not updated.

Fingers crossed and mountain praying and fasting

Don't be discouraged if the eligibility review hasn't updated on your GCMS notes. A decision can be reached on your application in a matter of hours or days. Keep sending emails and webforms.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Amicableoga: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2021
EmeeNaka:
Did you make any alterations to your application? Like submitting new documents? You can't really determine the stage of your application from any of this type of messages. There is no way to know the stage actually.

I submitted ielts result on 5th July. I sent webform last week to know the status of my application, that was why the message came.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by fatukay123: 9:42am On Aug 10, 2021
TennieYF:
I mailed like 9 different MPs for Edmonton and they all gave the same response, they can't help because I am not currently in Canada

@tennieyf, are you also going to Uni of Alberta for Fall?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iffylove: 9:45am On Aug 10, 2021
Yes, thank you

Frankrobbn1:

All applicants for Canada immigration must undergo a background security clearance to screen those who have been, or are involved in, espionage, subversion, or terrorism. This is to ensure that the safety and order of Canadian society are maintained and protected. Two federal bodies work together to do immigration and citizenship screenings:

1. Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
2. Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)

CSIS and CBSA provide security advice to IRCC to make sure applicants are not a threat to national security. However, they do not make decisions on applications. Such security screening decisions are made based on information from these available sources, which is then carefully weighed by the visa officer to determine whether an applicant is likely to threaten the internal security of Canada. When there is an indication of security concerns, an interview maybe scheduled to discuss these findings with the applicant. Anyone who poses such a threat must necessarily be prevented from entering Canada.

I hope this answers your enquiry on Security Checks.

It will end in praise

(1) (2) (3) ... (567) (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) ... (676)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.