Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,674 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (689469 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Benquip:
GCMS note I received for my first refused application I reapplied May 6 and yet to get response.
Did you address the concern raised in your new application? You should have gotten your GCMS note before reapplying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TemmmmyT(f): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
Tgbengus151:
Yep. September intake. Marketing Management. Expecting the goodnews anytime really
soon.

Hello, we are going for the same course and school. It would be nice to link up. I’m still expecting my PPR but I believe it’s coming soon by God’s grace.

May11th Applicant.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Chinnychappy: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Open this link, scroll down, you would see the attachment in BLUE COLOR, click on it to download
didn't see the link to open please Leki
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EuniqueBabe: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
shupy:

Did you go there with a printed invoice (payment instruction)?

Yes I printed the invoice but they said the bank name and details on the invoice is for flywire. They will not pay into anyother account except humber account directly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
EuniqueBabe:

Yes I printed the invoice but they said the bank name and details on the invoice is for flywire. They will not pay into anyother account except humber account directly.
Visit another branch or bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ibukunsweet: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello � I’m new here and I just got an offer to study Global Business Management in Humber College January 2022. I have paid my first semester fees and applied for the student permit. Done my biometric and my medicals upfront. If there is anyone going into to Humber in January 2022 and you are waiting for your permit like me. Can we kindly connect together to help keep hopes high.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2021
Wow, big congratulations to you. Pls which country did you apply from?
shams040:

My Timeline

School: University of Guelph, Ph.D fully funded (41k cad)

App submitted: June 25th

Biometric: June 28th

Upfront medicals : July 1st and updated to pass July 14th

Document

Funding 41kcad

Personal fund 7k cad (mybank statement)

IELTS 7.0

Marriage certificate

Masters by research certificate and transcript Malaysia

Bsc certificate and transcript Nigeria

Google Scholar 45 citations

Masters award of excellent

CV with 10 publications

Other PhD admissions with fundings 2 US, 1Cad, 1 Australia.

Statement of purpose 5pages wrote it myself.

Past visas

Approved US visa for PhD +June 2021)

Malaysia Visa 2019-2021

Saudi Visa Govt 2020

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2021
Oh Lord, answer our cry. PPR pls drop nah. cry #June2ndapplicant #eligibiltystarted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by aminat2000(f): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2021
Aww... we applied on thesame day smiley
atiteb4:
just calculating something's. I applied June 2, eligibility have not started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Abolarin91(m): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
GodsGabby:

I really appreciate you! Thank you sir.
I haven't gotten any response yet.
I have posted it on USAstudent thread too...
This is the link.
Also ask this question in the US student thread too, cos some used WES or better still the Canadian express entry thread which is a must for them to use WES for better explanation.

That is if u havent gotten reply to your question.
https://www.nairaland.com/3033375/having-issues-wes/50
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
That's First bank for you. They are so laid back. They told me same thing when I went with the invoice generated via Western Union Global Pay. I went to 2 different branches all to no avail.
Just try some other banks.

EuniqueBabe:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
[quote author=Abolarin91 post=104757759][/quote]

Hello Abolarin91

You can post it here.
WES is a compulsory thing for them.
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled
You are welcome.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EuniqueBabe: 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
mamatee2:
That's First bank for you. They are so laid back. They told me same thing when I went with the invoice generated via Western Union Global Pay. I went to 2 different branches all to no avail.
Just try some other banks.

I only have first bank account. Can I pay in another bank even if I dont have an account there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EuniqueBabe: 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
shupy:

Visit another branch or bank

Is there a bank that will accept to pay my fees without me having an account with them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by thinkinghead: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello everyone, the gurus in the house bless up.only God can reward. I submitted my app on the may 15th 2021, biometric was done since last yr, medical done on August 4th(upfront), September intake. I haven't gotten any confirmation on the medical neither receive anything from IRCC yet. School sent a mail to register and start classes remotely, Its a two semester program. Pls what should I do? how do I go about this whole thing. Your professional advise we definitely make a diff.many thanks.
regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Favouriteguy: 8:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
shupy:

You'll be better off posting this particular enquiry in the express entry thread.

Please do u have a link to the EE thread
Kindly share
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elenewton1: 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
thinkinghead:
Hello everyone, the gurus in the house bless up.only God can reward. I submitted my app on the may 15th 2021, biometric was done since last yr, medical done on August 4th(upfront), September intake. I haven't gotten any confirmation on the medical neither receive anything from IRCC yet. School sent a mail to register and start classes remotely, Its a two semester program. Pls what should I do? how do I go about this whole thing. Your professional advise we definitely make a diff.many thanks.
regards

While we wait for gurus,

Your medicals will be updated soon as the hospital you used will update them. You can also send it yourself via webform.

You can request for your GCMS note to know what is happening and how far they have gone with your application.
For your school, ask them if you can defer since you are awaiting visa.
If they refuse then MAYBE you can register and start online classes with them as you wait for ppr. God being so Kind he will help you get it soonest.
But this one you have just 2 semesters which i gues is a Year program.
Well have faith so you can travel before the mid of first semester.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Favouriteguy: 8:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please how long did it take for the MP to send you this response?
OctGsam:
My people, so I contacted a MP and below was the response IRCC gave her. What can you make out of it please?

------------------------------------------------------E-MAIL RESPONSE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning,

We have received this information from IRCC:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the application for a study permit application for XXXXXXX:

The application was received at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, Kenya, on May 19, 2021.
The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for a work permit.

Medical examination results are on file and valid until May 24, 2022, for the applicant.
Criminality is completed with biometrics on file.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.

If the application is approved:

the officer will insert a TRV counterfoil inside the applicant’s passport. The passport and any original documents included with the application will be returned to them in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).

If the application is refused:
the officer will inform the applicant of the refusal. The passport and any original documents (if included with the application) will be returned to them in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).

----------------------------------------------END------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
I hope you get a response soon. Rooting for you.

gracedson:
Thank you , I just did.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Stephblues:
I hope you get a response soon. Rooting for you.

Aww, thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soleizzy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening gurus, this is my first time posting, I actually applied on May 13th, did my biometrics may 17th but I did not do upfront medical and since then my application has been stalled, eligibility review have not even started till date.could the upfront medicals I didn't do contribute to the delays m getting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Soleizzy(m): 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
Can I still do d medicals or should I wait for an update from IRCC b4 I can do it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oyesquare10: 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
Not at all.
May 15 applicant here, upfront medical done and eligibility yet to start.
However, please go for your medical, it's not advisable to wait for medical request as that will further delay the final decision by the time IRCC request for medical.
Soleizzy:
Good evening gurus, this is my first time posting, I actually applied on May 13th, did my biometrics may 17th but I did not do upfront medical and since then my application has been stalled, eligibility review have not even started till date.could the upfront medicals I didn't do contribute to the delays m getting?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Soleizzy:
Can I still do d medicals or should I wait for an update from IRCC b4 I can do it

GO FOR YOUR UPFRONT MEDICALS
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by firstseyifat: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Thanks sir
Oyesquare10:
Contact Anon through is moniker or request yourself www.thegcmsonline.com

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by JoycePPR: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
Good evening gurus and respect to everyone, have already apply to different colleges for my PGD program spring intake 2022 & also getting ready to write IELTS for my visa application. My question is which one do I go for concerning the IELTS test for my Canada study visa application is it (General IELTS or the Academic one). which one strengthen more for visa application.

Pls help me

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Benquip: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2021
shupy:

Did you address the concern raised in your new application? You should have gotten your GCMS note before reapplying.
I addressed it before reapplying via a Letter of explanation with supporting documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
JoycePPR:
Good evening gurus and respect to everyone, have already apply to different colleges for my PGD program spring intake 2022 & also getting ready to write IELTS for my visa application. My question is which one do I go for concerning the IELTS test for my Canada study visa application is it (General IELTS or the Academic one). which one strengthen more for visa application.

Pls help me

Thank you.

Since you have already applied for admission, you can go for anyone. Be it acdemic or general.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.