Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (688338 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEYOT88: 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
September 2021

BaaleOfOntario:
May I ask if your uncle is resuming May or September 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by BaaleOfOntario: 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2021
Did he get nse request and did his eligibility review change at all?
NEYOT88:

September 2021

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ToluDstar: 2:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
NEYOT88:
I am so happy, PPR just landed for my uncle.

Congratulations to him!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mubzy001: 2:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kindly help me out
I have 1 year and 6 months remaining on my international passport and I want to apply for student visa for 2 years. But I saw a thread that says for the Visa to be granted the expiry date on my passport should be up to or more than 2 years. With the situation of things in Nigeria, it is difficult to renew my passport at this point. Kindly advice me. Thank you �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
I did it June 4th 2020 sad I wish i just did it smh

Anon123:

Your medical result is valid for 1year.. so theres no way it has expired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Iphiegrace(f): 2:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
I know it won't affect me, I'm just asking to know if I should quickly book another one, because the slots for June is going so fast......

Meanwhile,
I saw PPR for February 28th Applicant grin
March Applicants get ready for good news...

Why did they work like this since chai smiley

Enjay316:

I think from what I have read here,if the medical expires ,they will simply ask for a new one,it does not affect u negatively I think
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2021
Medical request doesn't fasten ur application, I know peeps that did their Upfront medicals which was passed the next month and they got a decision 11 months after... 2019 June Peeps will tell u more.. Peace
shupy:

It is naa, considering there are still some applicants from last year awaiting decision. I don't what it is, but it would take something special for a Nigerian applicant to get a medical request within a month.

NB: Go and do upfront medicals to avoid another delay in the process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Spectro: 2:22pm On Jun 04, 2021
makano:
Medical request doesn't fasten ur application, I know peeps that did their Upfront medicals which was passed the next month and they got a decision a 11 months after... 2019 June Peeps will tell u more.. Peace

He didn't imply that upfront medical is an accelerator. He merely stated that upfront medical will reduce delay. I think you misunderstood him.

Having upfront medical examination reduces the delay associated with getting a date for appointment several months later after medical request has been made.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feyibisi002: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
NEYOT88:
I am so happy, PPR just landed for my uncle.
no medical hm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2021
RxOtunba:
Hmmnn......The mata long bro! Very long story. Na PR we dey rizin nw say wetin he wan fill for future

PR na long waka o...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 2:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
Iphiegrace:

I did it June 4th 2020 sad I wish i just did it smh

Okay.... u will need to do another then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2021
Mine is expiring in a year but because of the condition with passport I went ahead with application.

Once it’s gets close to renewing , I’d renew and stamp

Mubzy001:
Kindly help me out
I have 1 year and 6 months remaining on my international passport and I want to apply for student visa for 2 years. But I saw a thread that says for the Visa to be granted the expiry date on my passport should be up to or more than 2 years. With the situation of things in Nigeria, it is difficult to renew my passport at this point. Kindly advice me. Thank you �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 2:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
It has nothing to do with approval , they will only stamp and stop at your expiry date until u renew .

They won’t give you two years when your passport is expiring in a year .

Mubzy001:
Kindly help me out

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by makano: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
That can be a red flag tho, why not with your Hubby...Cos I don't wanna assume you travelling with your spouse and leaving your kids behind... Stating you leaving ur kids with ur spouse here will strengten ur home ties... Peace
ifeoluwadayofun:
Yes, I will apply for my own first. Hope there is no problem saying I am leaving my kids with my elder sister?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
wickedmmm:
Please can I apply for masters with a cgpa of 2.95 in engineering?
If no, which other options do I have.
Base on your CGPA, a PG. Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) is your best shot

By the way, for you to get more clarity on the engineering related PG.Cert program you can/should go for, your response to the following question would be essential

- What engineering field did you study in school?

- What year did you graduate? (To address study gap)

- Is your work experience (job) since you graduated till now in anyway related to your engineering degree? (For Career Progression)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Jojorito007: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2021
I intend traveling with my 2 kids ( ages 6 and 3) . My younger son was born in the US so he has a passport. I was advised that my Us son does not need to apply for a Canada since he has a US passport so I applied without him. I only included my first son in my application. Although I stated in my SOP that I will be traveling with both of them . I am not sure I did the right thing . Pls advise me if I am to include him in my application. I don’t want a situation where I won’t be able to travel with him if my permit is approved
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MEDOLAB: 3:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
Does a one year fast-track program quailfies someone for 3 years PGWP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
MEDOLAB:
I think the Answer is Yes! So if you have 2yrs program fast tracked to 1yr, then you're eligible for 3yrs PGWP

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by folla: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hi MindfulV

There was no allusion to her study permit application in the employer's reference letter. The employer's letter simply stated that the applicant was seeking to visit Canada during her leave period and that she be assisted in the process.

I hope the above satisfy your enquiry.

MindfulV:
Congratulations to you and wifey.

Please, I am curious about the content of the reference letter from her employer. Was there any allusion to her study permit application (meaning she disclosed her intention to her employer) or the letter just introduced her as a staff seeking a temporary residence visa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2021
Carebeyondcure:
They have account with various banks including heritage bank and the initial deposit is $4000 .... Can I use flutter wave Barter

You should consider using heritage bank. They should be faster than most commercial banks. Avoid using the popular ones in this situation. I heard Sterling bank is fast. You can use the barter app; however, a FORM A is going to cost less. This what you're going to do, fill the FORM A by Monday to pay your first semester tution fee. If by 16th of June, after 4 PM, the bank is yet to initiate payment, use the barter app to make payment for just the initial deposit.
To use FORM A some documents will be required.

* Payment instruction
* Offer letter
* University Certificate
* NYSC Certificate
* Passport
I think that's all.

NB: If I'm forgetting anything, please y'all should include it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:45pm On Jun 04, 2021
MEDOLAB:
No, it doesn't.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wickedmmm: 3:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Base on your CGPA, a PG. Cert (Post Graduate Certificate) is your best shot

By the way, for you to get more clarity on the engineering related PG.Cert program you can/should go for, your response to the following question would be essential

- What engineering field did you study in school?

- What year did you graduate? (To address study gap)

- Is your work experience (job) since you graduated till now in anyway related to your engineering degree? (For Career Progression)
Petroleum engineering.
Graduated 2019
No work experience, related to my field of study
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 3:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
pls are there still oct/nov/dec 2020 applicants waiting?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ruthbella(f): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
Teenie19:
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 4:07pm On Jun 04, 2021
Rayraydray:
I submitted my application on the 1st of may and did my biometrics on the 10th of may. Three days later (13th), I got a message that I qualify for the NSE program, so I have to submit an ielts exam and my proof of funds. Went on doing the ielts exam but I didn’t pattern it up as I got band 5.5 in writing while I did the other very well. So my question is should I submit my ielts result with the POF along with a back up letter of some sort of reasons hoping I’ll get it? Cos the due date is 13th of this month!
I already answered your question. Is the statement below not clear? I told you what I would do in your situation. I have edited it a bit.

"Some people have been able to secure their study permit with low IELTS score, but I personally wouldn't take the risk. Submit MyBankStatement and write a letter of explanation stating you're unable to submit IELTS result because the earliest available date to sit for an exam is way beyond the deadline"

And if you decide to submit the IELTS result like that, I see no reason for a letter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feyibisi002: 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2021
Feyibisi002:
no medical hm
congrats to him
I tap from his blessing

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
MEDOLAB:

Good day at MELODAB

1year program=1yr Pgwp
2/3/4 year program=3yrs pgwp

Hope this helps.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by badmanjo(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2021
I still know a July 2020 applicant waiting... Medical passed since July 2020. God help us all

Teenie19:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feyibisi002: 4:10pm On Jun 04, 2021
Teenie19:
Even jan my dear

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2021
Please, what does that 50% cut off means?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEYOT88: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2021
He did not get anything after his medical was updated to pass on 1 March until this morning when he got PPR

BaaleOfOntario:
Did he get nse request and did his eligibility review change at all?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Carebeyondcure: 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2021
Thank you so much for your response so far but my passport is not out yet I'm sorry if I'm being too much

shupy:

You should consider using heritage bank. They should be faster than most commercial banks. Avoid using the popular ones in this situation. I heard Sterling bank is fast. You can use the barter app; however, a FORM A is going to cost less. This what you're going to do, fill the FORM A by Monday to pay your first semester tution fee. If by 16th of June, after 4 PM, the bank is yet to initiate payment, use the barter app to make payment for just the initial deposit.
To use FORM A some documents will be required.

* Payment instruction
* Offer letter
* University Certificate
* NYSC Certificate
* Passport
I think that's all.

NB: If I'm forgetting anything, please y'all should include it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)