Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684715 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2021
SuomyNona:

There is no harm in attaching your dad's assets, properties and cars documents.

Travel history is not a must.

SOP is a essential, make it a plausible narrative and back up claims made in the SOP with adequate evidence.

You can take note of the daily official conversion on cic finance page.

https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/cgi-bin/recgen/er.pl?Language=E

Today: Naira to CAD is 0.00296980 / i.e 1 CAD is #336.72

Hi,

Please the link is not opening.

Help verify again. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bussibeey(f): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2021
Can I just go to their office to get it? Will they give it to me? I don't think I can wait for it to be sent to me, it might take long and my deadline is close.
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @bussibeey

The Trf would be sent to the home address you used when filling the form for your test online.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
bussibeey:
Guys please how do I get my trf from British Council? I need it asap in order to meet up with my nse deadline. Do I have to go to their office in ikoyi to get it?

I wrote last week Friday, nothing yet!

I taught CBT is 3 - 5 days.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 7:53pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmalextemtop:

Thanks so much for your response.
Do appreciate!
When do you think is the best time to apply for visa application to avoid unnecessary delay.
Is it much earlier before the date issued by the ircc on their site or that very date or later from that day? Have seen people submitted early but still delayed in a way. I am for winter 2022. I deferred from this September though cos i couldn't meet up with the submission in May 15th last month.

How do i save the docs (Immf) and upload in my GC-key account?

Assuming am to get an additional reference letter about me from my uni, from my project supervisor, do you think he is going to have the letter headed paper of the school.
(Wanted to ask here first before i decided to ask from him or not)

Thank you!

Good day@emmalextemtop

First of all immediately you get you admission letter and have all the required documents to apply at hand go ahead and put in an application.

Next it depends on how you want to save them you can convert them to PDF which should not exceed the required mb for each sections and upload.

Lastly having the letter head of the school would be better.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:54pm On Jun 04, 2021
bussibeey:
Can I just go to their office to get it? Will they give it to me? I don't think I can wait for it to be sent to me, it might take long and my deadline is close.

When did you write yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
EPICUnleashed:
Hello Everyone

Please I would like to know

If I can not provide my parents' birth certificates for my Canadian visa application

What other documents can I use in place of that?

Can their international passports be used?

Thank you

@Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Adiekwe1@Lekiboboe @NairaLuck @justwise @Akannitommy and other gurus, please advice

Their passport would suffice

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bussibeey(f): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2021
I wrote on Saturday, 29th May and my result appeared on my online portal yesterday
lawfree638:

When did you write yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello!
Apart from sponsor's landed property documents for financial buoyancy/ties back home, do i need to upload his assets like car or house documents?

Is travel history compulsory?
If i can convince the VO through my SOP that I will will be coming back, will it save me?

10kCAD amounts up to 3m naira right?

Good day @emmalextemtop

Yes you can upload the house documents but not for the car that's not an assets.

Yes having a travel history also gives your application and edge but its not a guarantee to getting visa, if you upload the right documents and a convincing sop with baba God blessings you should be fine.

About the rates as at today 1cad is sold for 339.88 at uba do the calculations and you get the rough estimate.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
bussibeey:
I wrote on Saturday, 29th May and my result appeared on my online portal yesterday

I wrote on the 28th. Nothing yet on my portal. Please which link are you using to check your result. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Lobatan!!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2021
Kunfu:
Please is it that an uncle can not attend as a sponsor for him?

It is quite difficult to convince the immigration officer that you will have complete access to funds in your uncle's account who is a third party. The visa officer will question the reliability of such sponsorship and concerns as to why he is spending thousands of dollars for an extended family member instead of sponsoring you to study same course in your home country.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by wickedmmm: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Ok

The Two PG. Cert programs listed below has components of Mining, Geology/Geophysics, Hydrology, Drilling which I feel is related to your Petroleum Engineering degree.

Take your time and go through all the contents in the links below

PG. Cert in Environmental Engineering Applications
Conestoga College, Ontario
https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/environmental-engineering-applications/courses?id=22106

PG. Cert in Environmental Monitoring & impact Assessment
Cambrian College, Sudbury, Ontario
https://catalog.cambriancollege.ca/empd/#falltext

The only downside of the above programs is that, it's only available for SEPTEMBER (Fall) intake. So if you are interested in any of the program, you are to apply for the FALL 2022 Admission intake. Fall 2022 admission application would open by Late JANUARY 2022
Thank you. I will check them out.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Frankrobbn1: 8:16pm On Jun 04, 2021
Teenie19:
Oga Frank, pls why is Sheridan college a red flag? I also noticed on my GCMS notes that it states that verification required for compliance of institution.

Please can you list some best colleges to get study permits faster and avoid delay? Thank you very much.

Any institution aside the one listed in the below link, are good for study permit application from Nigeria.

LIST OF COLLEGES THAT YOU WILL STRUGGLE TO GET A CANADIAN STUDY PERMIT FROM NIGERIA

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RELAN2446(m): 8:20pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @emmalextemtop

Yes you can upload the house documents but not for the car that's not an assets.

Yes having a travel history also gives your application and edge but its not a guarantee to getting visa, if you upload the right documents and a convincing sop with baba God blessings you should be fine.

About the rates as at today 1cad is sold for 339.88 at uba do the calculations and you get the rough estimate.

Hope this helps.
A car is an asset, its just a depreciting asset. Adding the car document will boost his chances than reducing it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Zodiacwarrior: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

There are some certain schools in Canada that you will struggle to obtain a Canadian study visa if you use their acceptance letter for your visa application. This is most often caused by several factors which include:

A. If the school is located in a remote area in Canada.
B. The cost of the program in the school.

I'll point out a few schools I know that international students specifically from Nigeria struggle to obtain visas to study in Canada;

The names of these institutions are as follows;

1. New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
2. Novia Scotia Community College (NSCC)
3. College of the North Atlantic (CNA)
4. Saskatchewan Polytechnic (SP)
5. ST. CLAIR COLLEGE
6. Red River College
7. Sheridan College
8. Confederation College and a few others.

It will end in praise

Good day @frankrobbn1

Can you please explain to us why you said those schools would be difficult, from your observations what were the points you noticed for coming to that conclusion.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bussibeey(f): 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2021
https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/test-chooser
I actually got a mail notifying me of my results before I went to check my portal
You should get a mail soon, just calm down
lawfree638:

I wrote on the 28th. Nothing yet on my portal. Please which link are you using to check your result. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Lobatan!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
lawfree638:

Hi,

Please the link is not opening.

Help verify again. Thanks.

It is. I opened it now!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2021
bussibeey:
https://ieltsregistration.britishcouncil.org/test-chooser
I actually got a mail notifying me of my results before I went to check my portal
You should get a mail soon, just calm down

Alright, Thanks.

NSE deadline is almost here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feyibisi002: 8:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
NEYOT88:

He did upfront medical
how I wish I did too
Congrats to him
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ekulu77: 9:01pm On Jun 04, 2021
Hello
I'll advise you to to read at least from the beginning of the previous thread like From thread ( 17 or 18)to get as much information as you need take your time it's worth it .then if don't really understand a particular information from what you've read you can then ask here for them to butress it. Because even at all if anyone is kind enough to list the steps and further complications.they won't mention it all or probably forget to mention something.
It will end in praise!!!
TheDarkGamer:
Hello,

I applied for admission to two schools in Canada. One of them is the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary. I'm a High School graduate and I just finished Secondary School last year. My admission got accepted by both schools and I received admission letters from them. However, I decided to choose the University of Alberta because it was my best fit. I have paid the acceptance fee (1000 CAD) and I'm left with the visa and Canadian Study Permit.

I am writing this to inquire what steps I should take concerning the visa and the Study permit. I would like to know the required documents needed and any general tips and advice to be aware of.

Any further complications would be communicated here.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tinuowo(f): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2021
NEYOT88:
Diploma program at NBCC
quote author=NEYOT88 post=102360867]I am so happy, PPR just landed for my uncle.

Same NBCC they said it will be difficult to get a study permit with?

Pls kindly link me up with your uncle..
thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 9:24pm On Jun 04, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Their passport would suffice

It will end in praise

Yep, even much more like their driver's license, national i.d card or voters card (if any, but make sure they all carry the family name, no mistake in info's include d.o.b).
But nevertheless, you can still do an affidavit to replace the birth certificate. The birth certificate is formally and very good for family identification those cards are just for identity, so i will just advise to do an affidavit of family or name, something like that (have forgotten how it's been called, but it's going to carry the info of your grandparents and where they were born).

Peace!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tinuowo(f): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2021
NEYOT88:
Below is my uncle timeline
Application submitted on 13th February
Upfront Medical done on 19th February
Medical updated to pass on 1 March
PPR -------- 4th June

Document submitted
Introduction letter from his company
His company's Document
Marriage certificate
Children's birth certificate
Family pictures
6 months personal bank statement
SOP 8 pages

I put all these documents together for him
He is self employed and 46yrs old going for a Diploma program at NBCC.
NOTE: God did it for him.

I am also expecting my own PPR
OUR LETTER OF JOY WILL ARRIVE IJN

Congratulations to him.. Did he pay part of his tuition? Apart from his own personal statement he submitted does be have a sponsor?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @frankrobbn1

Can you please explain to us why you said those schools would be difficult, from your observations what were the points you noticed for coming to that conclusion.

Thanks.
He might be right but I totally disagree with NBCC and NSCC Nigerians get study permit with these institutions I don't really have much experience with the other schools mentioned but I'm sure if NBCC and NSCC. As long as you put up a tight application you're good to go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bussibeey(f): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2021
When is yours?
lawfree638:

Alright, Thanks.

NSE deadline is almost here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day @emmalextemtop

Hope this helps.

Yes boss. Thanks!

Anyhow anyhow, i will sha put anything that will convince them of financial stability here. Gaskiya.

1) My sponsor is my dad, if as a civil servant(him) without company, can he just give a letter of reference on his own that he is sponsoring me, without any letter headed company?
There is no company, and am not stating he is a civil servant in my SOP, but there are assets to fund my studies, must he have a company before he can write a letter of sponsorhip.
If he must cos of CAC sake, can we just register my mum's trading shop for business or dads cocoa farm or it's not need to register the farm?

2)How much should my dad as sponsor have in his account?
If have paid first semester tuition and having 10kcad(3m naira) in my account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Freebands01: 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2021
Wow, I just got PPR request.

Practicing for when I get my PPR soon��

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by tinuowo(f): 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
bollybeejay:

He might be right but I totally disagree with NBCC and NSCC Nigerians get study permit with these institutions I don't really have much experience with the other schools mentioned but I'm sure if NBCC and NSCC. As long as you put up a tight application you're good to go

He said because the ‘red flag schools are in remote areas.. I thought Canada is even encouraging people to settle in remote areas?
Cc @frankrobbn

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by emmalextemtop: 9:51pm On Jun 04, 2021
Zodiacwarrior:

Good day@emmalextemtop

First of all immediately you get you admission letter and have all the required documents to apply at hand go ahead and put in an application.

Next it depends on how you want to save them you can convert them to PDF which should not exceed the required mb for each sections and upload.

Lastly having the letter head of the school would be better.

Hope this helps.

Even before IRCC has not given a date for submission?

To save them, that is after have clicked validate right?

But how do i get the letter headed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEYOT88: 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2021
Send me a mail
tinuowo:

Same NBCC they said it will be difficult to get a study permit with?

Pls kindly link me up with your uncle..
thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by NEYOT88: 9:55pm On Jun 04, 2021
He paid his full tuition fee
He does not have a sponsor,he's self sponsor

tinuowo:

Congratulations to him.. Did he pay part of his tuition? Apart from his own personal statement he submitted does be have a sponsor?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 04, 2021
makano:
That can be a red flag tho, why not with your Hubby...Cos I don't wanna assume you travelling with your spouse and leaving your kids behind... Stating you leaving ur kids with ur spouse here will strengten ur home ties... Peace
if ur mom is alive it is better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Toopee: 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2021
Freebands01:
Wow, I just got PPR request.

Practicing for when I get my PPR soon��
Lol
So I’m not alone . We will receive favourable response by God’s grace. I have typed my PPR announcement and Timeline in my head. I did another edit today �

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.