Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project (403 Views)

I've Been Rusticated From The University In My Final Year. / Different Students During Their Final Year Project (Hilarious Photos) / 10 Carry Over In My Final Year. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by zealousayo(m): 4:20pm On May 23, 2021
Hello sir/ma,

I'm a 500l Mechanical Engineering student of one of the universities in Nigeria. As we all know, a project must be carried by every student during the final year, and that's why I'm making this post. My project is based on the production and performance analysis of biobutanol; the biobutanol is to serve as an an alternative to petroleum products, and should work efficiently for internal combustion engines (ICE). The materials to be used are those materials that can be gotten in this locality and also not competitive foods e.g. Cassava peel.

The major issue in this project is, the final process that will produce the butanol is ABE fermentation and it requires the use of a certain bacteria called Clostridium acetylbutylicum. We have tried our best to get thish bacteria all to no avail. It's in ATCC in the United States, but the problem is, it can only be released to licensed persons that can properly handle such a microbe.

If anyone could help us about how we can get the bacteria, I would be very grateful. Also, I would love to know if we can get it in any of the Nigerian universities microbiology laboratories. Thank you!
Re: I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by WeNoGoDie(m): 5:04pm On May 23, 2021
Go to any advanced big Pharmacy and ask for probiotic.
Re: I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by Hahjascho(m): 10:47pm On May 23, 2021
WeNoGoDie:
Go to any advanced big Pharmacy and ask for probiotic.
We use probiotic to induce the growth of an already present organism...the presence of d real organism will be so germane to the project of OP.
Re: I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by Hahjascho(m): 10:59pm On May 23, 2021
zealousayo:
Hello sir/ma,

I'm a 500l Mechanical Engineering student of one of the universities in Nigeria. As we all know, a project must be carried by every student during the final year, and that's why I'm making this post. My project is based on the production and performance analysis of biobutanol; the biobutanol is to serve as an an alternative to petroleum products, and should work efficiently for internal combustion engines (ICE). The materials to be used are those materials that can be gotten in this locality and also not competitive foods e.g. Cassava peel.

The major issue in this project is, the final process that will produce the butanol is ABE fermentation and it requires the use of a certain bacteria called Clostridium acetylbutylicum. We have tried our best to get thish bacteria all to no avail. It's in ATCC in the United States, but the problem is, it can only be released to licensed persons that can properly handle such a microbe.

If anyone could help us about how we can get the bacteria, I would be very grateful. Also, I would love to know if we can get it in any of the Nigerian universities microbiology laboratories. Thank you!

The organism, Clostridium acetylbutylicum sparked a light interest in me....av got no time though.

The best thing I think u can do is to make some solo research on the organism. You check the possible sources you can get it, u take different samples from different suggested sources and then you do some real culturing with their respective culture media and growth conditions. The possible organisms you get can then be compared and identified with the help of the US association which you once contacted...they will be glad to help.

Try and meet some professors in d Microbiology department of ur school, so as to aid in those processes.
Re: I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by zealousayo(m): 11:19pm On May 23, 2021
Hahjascho:
The organism, Clostridium acetylbutylicum sparked a light interest in me....av got no time though.

The best thing I think u can do is to make some solo research on the organism. You check the possible sources you can get it, u take different samples from different suggested sources and then you do some real culturing with their respective culture media and growth conditions. The possible organisms you get can then be compared and identified with the help of the US association which you once contacted...they will be glad to help.

Try and meet some professors in d Microbiology department of ur school, so as to aid in those processes.
Thanks greatly for this sir. I will go to the the department of (micro) Biology tommorow.
Re: I Need A Bacterium For My Final Year Project by Hahjascho(m): 8:12am On May 24, 2021
zealousayo:

Thanks greatly for this sir. I will go to the the department of (micro) Biology tommorow.
Ok, good.

(1) (Reply)

Project Writing/ Journal Article Publications Made Easy / Ghanaian Lecturers Shut Down Universities To Protest Low Salaries / Gulder Ultimate Search Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.