Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

WITHIN THE WEEK (17th – 23rd May 2021) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / WITHIN THE WEEK (17th – 23rd May 2021) (141 Views)

Watch Videos Of 10 Most Pirated Movies For The Week - Notedwap / Paralyzed Lady Celebrates 17th Anniversary Of Car Accident That Paralysed Her / A Friend If Mine Won This Money On Bet9ja During The Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WITHIN THE WEEK (17th – 23rd May 2021) by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 10:32pm On May 23, 2021
I heard in the news that the new IGP was in the South East to launch Operation Restore Peace. It is a welcome development. I hope the operation will be carried out in a peaceful and dialogue-based manner. There is no need for aggression and counter-aggression. The Buhari administration should have and show regard for everybody in the country including the people of South East. Anybody that is in any position of power or opportunity today should not disregard or intimidate any other person, being mindful of the fact that power/opportunities are transient and dynamic – one man’s turn today, another man’s tomorrow.

The defection of the Prof. Ben Ayade from the PDP to the APC has been one of the biggest events in the news within the week. I have nothing much to say about it because I am not from Cross River State and he is not my governor. But what resonates with me is: in his interview on POLITICS TODAY in the evening of the day he defected, he resisted every attempt by the anchor of the program to drag him into vilifying or blaming the PDP or anybody for his defection. He rather kept emphasizing that he moved because he saw reasons to be in the APC at this time. Prof. Ayade refused to castigate or sling mud at anybody, even though we know his adversaries and the issues he had in the PDP. That’s an intellectual, a gentleman.

In the news within the week I heard that a girl was beaten to death by his boyfriend somewhere around Port Harcourt. I will always say: my Liberal mindset makes me believe in people’s liberty of choice. And I also believe in the Liberal assumption that “Adult human beings are rational beings capable of knowing what is best for themselves.” So any choice that any adult human being makes for themselves, it assumed that they deem such a choice to be the best for themselves, and therefore there should be no shifting of responsibility for the consequences of such a choice.
In the news about this matter, I heard that the boyfriend had been beating and abusing the girlfriend all along in the relationship, to the extent that there was a time he was punished by the some men of the Airforce because of beating and injuring the girl, yet the girl kept on dating the guy and kept on making herself available for his beating till he has now beaten her to death. I don’t mean to sound insensitive to the matter, but my frank opinion is that the girl got what she opted for (let me not say it is what she deserved).
If I were her father or brother, I will not stress myself too much or make any trouble with the culprit, I would simply lay the girl to rest; if anybody should make trouble with the culprit, it should be the state because the murder he committed is a crime against the state.
And to girls that prefer to be with rough or bad guys instead of good gentle guys, continue!

Kingsley Onwuka,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
onwukakingsley123@gmail.com
Re: WITHIN THE WEEK (17th – 23rd May 2021) by jetwonder(m): 11:08pm On May 23, 2021
grin Ayade Sins Are Forgiven For Joining Apc!

(1) (Reply)

Communism Has Been Fully Realized Here / “I Am Running For Governor Because I Am Frustrated” – Ben Etiaba / Covid-19: Open Letter To Pastor David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.