Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Covid-19: Open Letter To Pastor David Oyedepo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Covid-19: Open Letter To Pastor David Oyedepo (136 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Raises Member, Kenebi Okoko Who Died Undergoing Surgery / Bishop David Oyedepo Sacks Pastors, Gives No Reason For Sack / Read Cool FM OAP Reaction To Pastor Adeboye Kissing His Wife, Foluke In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Open Letter To Pastor David Oyedepo by Jimsonjaat96(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2021
Dearest Pastor Oyèdepo,

This is the first of my letters to you. And it is imperative that I write you a letter - apologia of such - courtesy of series of events and questions I shall discuss therein.

First, I'm sorry it took me so long to realize all you have been trying to tell us on COVID-19 are true. I was one of those people who thought you were being unsettling when you said many things, among which was neither you or your family would take COVID-19 vaccine. I misquoted you. But I know I was not alone.

Media players are not even helping the matter. They quote your words in halves, and media contents' consumers get the understanding that players want.

Yours has been a truthful voice against evils as it's not easy, if not herculean task, to speak the truth in brutal detail as you do to World Power - especially during the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Sir, believe me, I understand the aftermath of being misunderstood as Oliver Twist. The isolation, accusations, pointing finger, name-calling. These are psychologically said are capable of making people lose grasp on
reality.

However, all that changed with a new knowledge and I started reading more about the whole pandemic.

Sir, it is to our credit that humans have evolved incrementally over millennia, inventing new technologies along the way—rubbing sticks together for warmth, developing agriculture to feed ourselves, inventing vaccines to fight disease, and now, creating genetic tools to help engineer our own bodies so we can survive in a changing world. In other words, humans play (the character of) gods.

Claims that WHO uncovers labs where scientists are dabbling in the gray areas of science— everything from
manipulating human stem cells to breeding chimeras … blended species that don’t exist
in nature make one sweat from concern, if not panic attack.

Although, nature has always found a way to
keep the human population in check —plagues, famines, floods, humans seem to think it's not doing a good job with expected (accelerating) rate hence hijack the 'human-population-measuring-factor'. One of these inform this very letter.

Science is saying we are a species on the edge of collapse… a population out of control and those holding the reins of the 'World' (Worldwatch Institute, the Club of
Rome, Population Matters, the Council on Foreign Relations, World Health Organization) are not engagin in a meaningful conversation about a real solution. They are reacting to our overpopulation with plans for better contraceptive education, tax incentives for smaller families, etc which are nothing preventive in the face of 'impending doom'.

Currently, there are 7.9 Billion people in the world. And, by 2050, we are projected to be 9 Billion. With that number of people, Science predict that planet Earth will sink due to weight because it's only capable of carrying 4-5 Billion people. Hence there are two options: reducing the people to the said number (we have till 2050 here) or finding mankind a new home.

It is said World power-that-be chose to reduce us by force. They came up with COVID-19. Fortunately and unfortunately, the virus currently kill 3.48M of us... We have been warned for a long time (centuries and years ago), we hardly listen and we don't read books....1Cor. 14:38 come to fore!

There have warnings of END TIME for thousands of years now by God, Prophets, messengers, scientists, futurists and all, yet I must admit that in these recent years it seems like it will happen tomorrow.

It is also predicted that, on or before 2050, life resources may not be sufficient for mankind and we may be forced live "battle of the fittest" life.

On the sidetrack, one Sci-Schol come to mind: Malthusianism of the viewpoint that the population will always grow faster than the food supply that it needs to survive and prosper.

Also, I don't think it's entirely true to say religion and science are telling the same story, but that science is too young to understand. Why, science is progressing so fast that nobody knows where thelines are drawn anymore. No moral tenets in sight.

Science is saying we MUST admit that our prospective catastrophic circumstances might actually require an uncomfortable solution. Such as creation of a plague...pandemic? Haven't we had enough....Prehistoric epidemic: Circa 3000 B.C., American polio epidemic: 1916, Flu pandemic: 1889-1890, Philadelphia yellow fever epidemic: 1793, Russian plague: 1770-1772, Great Plague of Marseille: 1720-1723, Great Plague of London: 1665-1666, American Plagues: 16th century, Cocoliztli epidemic: 1545-1548, The Black Death: 1346-1353, Plague of Justinian: A.D. 541-542, Plague of Cyprian: A.D. 250-271, Antonine Plague: A.D. 165-180, among others that had forced humans to embrace mortal end...

In his Inferno, Dante Alighieri wrote: "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis", I am more than glad that you didn't maintain neutrality nor ignore but take side with people!

An unclassified acronym says PASTOR means "Person Assisting Souls To Own Redemption", you and myself don't share same religious beliefs, but I know the acronym is true.

Thank you for everything you do in His Vineyard, sir. May God continue to bless and strengthen you.

Shalom!

Jimoh Taofik Adekunle is a trained journalist, student of modern and ancient histories, researcher and printrovert.

He can be reached via:
Deskofinsanity96@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria News: Top 10 Headlines For Mon. May 31st, 2021 / High Profile Deaths: A Coincidence Or Planned? / BREAKING: NECO Appoints Ebikibina John Ogborodi, Acting Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.