Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc (32055 Views)

Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members / Youth Corpers Boarding A Lorry In Bauchi. (pics) / Woman Crippled By NYSC Camp Commandant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by kemmy100: 9:49am On May 02, 2011
Update on the Should the NYSC be scrapped poll

http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/297

There is more support for the program to be scrapped.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by demoore1(m): 10:19am On May 02, 2011
No Notherner?
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by MMM2(m): 11:04am On May 02, 2011
r i p
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by JOKYTECH(f): 11:22am On May 02, 2011
am still crying RIP TO ALL DAT DIED cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by veravee: 12:24pm On May 02, 2011
Is a pity, RIP to their souls.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by zenus(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2011
Copers should save in the state of his choose
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by ifexcaro: 2:24pm On May 02, 2011
lipsrsealed may their gentle souls rest in perfect peace. amen
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Panzastrip(m): 3:45pm On May 02, 2011
greggng:

The governor of bauchi state is right to say that people from the south are destined to die that way.I was a little boy still in primary school when my uncles body was brought from kano.He was killed alongside 2 kids.Since then i swore never to visit any state in the north.I will be the last person to allow my kids to serve in the north.I am facing reality.May the soul of the dead rest in peace.May their spirit get rid of those that killed them.It is very clear that the british is responsible for what we are going through.A responsible person doesnot habor human beings with wild animals.The 1914 amalgamation is not helping us.People from the south love life and for same reasons the have great respect for human dignity.The time has come for the Ibos and yorubas to come together with a view to isolating this mad people from the north.

I have being in lagos for close to 20years now,I havenot seen any incident that leads to life taken between the yorubas and the Ibos.The yorubas have being very good landlords and accomodating.The time has come for us to call a spade a spade.Youth corpers from the south should remain in the south

You are right.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Panzastrip(m): 3:50pm On May 02, 2011
WHEN I HEAR ABOUT THESE KILLERS I RAN FOR MY GUN, MY BROTHERS JOIN ME.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by emcaluv(m): 8:05pm On May 02, 2011
How corps member met his untimely death
From PAUL ORUDE, Bauchi
Monday, May 02, 2011
• Tomisin
Photo: Sun News Publishing[img][/img]
More Stories on This Section

Facts have emerged on how Tomisin Teide, a corps member, was lain in the violence that rocked many states in the northern part of the country following the recent presidential elections.
Tomisin, 24, was posted to Giade Local Government Area of Bauchi State by the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) for his primary assignment after the orientation exercise at Wailo Camp last September.

An indigene of Osun State, he was among the 200 other corps members recruited as electoral officers by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to cover the 20 Local Government areas in the state. As it turned out eventually, those of them posted to the northern parts of Bauchi State like Katagum, Darazo, Giade, Dambam Jammare became the biggest casualties of the senseless riots that trailed the presidential polls as many of them were attacked and killed.

The Batch C, 2010 corps member ran to the police station in Giade to seek refuge as their lodge in Giade was attacked. The rioters attacked the station and overpowered the policemen on duty before setting the station on fire. They brought out Tomisin, a graduate of Computer Science from the University of Ilorin and about six other corps members and killed them. Daily Sun learnt from reliable sources that the female corps members among them were allegedly raped.

The discovery was corroborated by one of the rape suspects arrested by the Bauchi State Police Command and paraded among the 67 other suspects by the Commissioner of Police posted to the state for the general election, Mr. John Abakasanga in connection with the post-election violence. The suspect confessed in an interview with Daily Sun that he saw some of the female corps members being raped in Giade but did not participate in the act. A female corps member who miraculously escaped when the lodge was attacked told Daily Sun that she ran and climbed a tree where she hid before the police came and rescued her.

“It was a horrible thing to witness,” she said. “I will never wish even my enemies to meet this kind of death,” the corps member who also pleaded anonymity told our correspondent. She said that while Tomisin and some other corps members ran to the police station, she ran inside the bush. She displayed to our correspondent pictures of Tomisin which she took shortly before the police and other security agents came to rescue them. The horrifying pictures indicate that the deceased was inflicted with several machete cuts on his head and body leading to his death.“I ran out of my room barefooted in my underwear. I did not run to the police station with Tomisin and others.

“When I saw the crowd coming, I shouted and ran out and had to climb a tree. Somehow, they did not see me and I almost fainted on top of the tree,” she said. According to her, the news of her colleagues’ death shocked her beyond imagination.“He was a very nice person and carried everyone along. He did not deserve to die.”

Many of Tomisin’s colleagues and friends were shattered over his death and the killing of their colleagues.
According to the story, Tomisin was preparing a meal of beans when the attackers stormed the Corpers’ Lodge that Sunday afternoon. “They were carrying big sticks, machetes and chanting Sai Buhari, Sai CPC,” one of the corps members who was rescued by the police said. But Tomisin and six of his colleagues made for the police station to escape being lynched.

His friend and colleague who had been evacuated to Port Harcourt shared with our correspondent on phone his last moments with Tomisin. The deceased friend who pleaded anonymity said: “I spoke with him that morning and asked him to come to Bauchi to spend the weekend with me. He usually came to Bauchi to spend the weekend with me. I asked him to come to Bauchi as usual. I waited for his call but he did not call which was unusual. I tried his number but I could not reach him.

“I went to ECWA church in Bauchi to see a friend when another friend now called me to inform me that Tomisin had been killed in Giade. It was like a joke to me. I was told that he was at home at the lodge cooking beans when the mob attacked them and he ran to the police station. The policemen tried to disperse the mob but they refused. They even fired tear gas at them but they did not run. They now set the place on fire and killed Tomisin and the other corps member. I don’t know the number.”

He described the death of his colleague as shocking. He said: “We met in camp last September and became friends. He was a very lively person. Our last discussion was that he was coming to Bauchi. His dad was even trying to get him a job at NNPC. He also told me that he wanted to go for his post graduate degree after the service.”

Tomisin’s friend said he was posted to both Giade and Bauchi, the state capital as an electoral officer. “I was surprised to see two postings in my name so I settled for Bauchi since it was nearer and it is the capital. I never knew that it would become a killing field.”

Tomisin’s friend said that the parents were devastated by the news.
“I can say that the NYSC is a good scheme but the implementation is very bad. Corps members are just posted to places to serve but there is, in most cases, no careful plan for their welfare and security. It is very sad. As for me, I am through with the service. I am not going back to Bauchi for now. I will only go to that state to collect my redeployment letter or certificate.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/may/02/national-02-05-2011-006.html
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by skelemba: 8:57pm On May 02, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. Tell your friends and family.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by soojar(m): 10:27pm On May 02, 2011
I read the postings here and i see why the northerners are 100% sure they will continue to dominate this country. for the benefit of who wish to know. Nigeria as put by Obafemi Awolowo is a mere geographical definition. Lord Lugard did amalgamation in 1922 of the northern and southern protectorate for easy governance and NOT because we have anything in common. While our southern leaders (the Ziks, Awos) started clamouring for independence because of their level of education, our northern illiterate "brothers" said NO.

When the pressure was getting too much for the colonial masters they advised the north to be pushing their people into military so as to make sure they will be able to secure power that rightfully belongs to them as they claim that the southerners want to use education to suppress them.

And becuse of the kind of religion that is predominant in the north (religion of war, oh sorry peace) they started seeing nigeria as their property and must only be governed by the north which leads to consistent military coups (because of their number in the army)

Our leaders too in the south because of personal pride and some form of personal ego to be the leader of the most populous black nation did not make use of the opportunity they have to divide this country once and for all.
The same thing is still happening till today, Goodluck Jonathan a southerner will not want your so called "one Nigeria" to break because he will prefer to lead 150million people (even though half of them are animals) than to lead 40million normal human beings.

And the youths that are suppose to use their number, their education, this computer revolution through the internet to force the leaders to peacefully discuss how we are going to correct the ERROR made by devil, sorry Lord lugard in 1922, we are here busy attacking each other that Yoruba is bad, Igbo is bad and we are the ones to still step in the shoes of these leaders.

So if we dont come together and speak with one voice, THIS IS HOW IT WILL ALWAYS BE. They will kill us, we shout and keep quiet they will wait for the next available opportunity and do it again, all they have to do is to tie it to one reason either election, or osama bin ladin, or beauty queen peagent or sharia or anything. I stop for now. I'M ASHAMED TO BE A PART OF "ONE NIGERIA"
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by blackcypha(m): 2:14am On May 03, 2011
soojar:

I read the postings here and i see why the northerners are 100% sure they will continue to dominate this country. for the benefit of who wish to know. Nigeria as put by Obafemi Awolowo is a mere geographical definition. Lord Lugard did amalgamation in 1922 of the northern and southern protectorate for easy governance and NOT because we have anything in common. While our southern leaders (the Ziks, Awos) started clamouring for independence because of their level of education, our northern illiterate "brothers" said NO.

When the pressure was getting too much for the colonial masters they advised the north to be pushing their people into military so as to make sure they will be able to secure power that rightfully belongs to them as they claim that the southerners want to use education to suppress them.

And becuse of the kind of religion that is predominant in the north (religion of war, oh sorry peace) they started seeing nigeria as their property and must only be governed by the north which leads to consistent military coups (because of their number in the army)

Our leaders too in the south because of personal pride and some form of personal ego to be the leader of the most populous black nation did not make use of the opportunity they have to divide this country once and for all.
The same thing is still happening till today, Goodluck Jonathan a southerner will not want your so called "one Nigeria" to break because he will prefer to lead 150million people (even though half of them are animals) than to lead 40million normal human beings.

And the youths that are suppose to use their number, their education, this computer revolution through the internet to force the leaders to peacefully discuss how we are going to correct the ERROR made by devil, sorry Lord lugard in 1922, we are here busy attacking each other that Yoruba is bad, Igbo is bad and we are the ones to still step in the shoes of these leaders.

So if we dont come together and speak with one voice, THIS IS HOW IT WILL ALWAYS BE. They will kill us, we shout and keep quiet they will wait for the next available opportunity and do it again, all they have to do is to tie it to one reason either election, or osama bin ladin, or beauty queen peagent or sharia or anything. I stop for now. I'M ASHAMED TO BE A PART OF "ONE NIGERIA"

MY guy you said it all .I WAS DRAPED IN THE MUSINGS OF YOU WORDS.I am also AHAMED TO BE PART OF A ONE NIGERIA TOO
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Chiaka(f): 3:34am On May 03, 2011
What happens after now? becomes one of the usual northern Islams taking on christian and or southern, Western, middle belt folks in their state, whose population there is nothing to compare with those after them. As usual nothing happens afterwards, just talks and sympathy. When is someone ever going to be brought to book. Those doing this are a buch of wicked low self esteem cowards. Bauchi State Governors remark is very shocking, something is really wrong with his reasoning, its void of remorse and stupid. He's in support of the action then- egg head.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by shofloxy: 4:24am On May 03, 2011
let the Government cancel this nonsence nysc program in nigeria
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by soojar(m): 4:50am On May 03, 2011
Please all, let us use this forum as opportunity to define the way forward. It is because we (southerners) are educated and more enlithened that its paining us that after all the turmoil of school, handouts, suffering hunger, sleepless nights  of reading, handling sexual harrassment from lecturers, running up and down to take care of school cost (like me who had carry blocks for bricklayers on weekends to survive in school) somebody from nowhere will just cut that down and make all a waste in the name of ONE NIGERIA, They dont feel what we are feeling.

As a suggestion, let us use our number and our intellect as youths to push for this change peacefully. let us remember the change that came about (and is still going on) in the arab world started with discussions like this on the net (facebook, twitter etc). They were able to circulate information round without the govt being able to do anything about it before it was  transformed to physical protest after the number had grew tremendously.

Let us start from the issue of NYSC, we all agreed it has outlived its usefulness, let us push for it to be scraped or southerners be made to serve in the south and northerner in the north. Let us start by creating a forum or a web page where people can sign on to if they support this move (i'm sure we have capable youths here who can help with that). when the number start to grow, our parents (who are keeping quiet after their children are butchered) and the media will not be able to ignore it and it will ultimately turn to a physical protest that govt will not have option but to take action on.

Let us stop producing graduates for these mentally retarded people to be butchered. If southern parents dont care about their children and want someone to make 'suya' out of them, then they should just send them to the abattoir, oh sorry the north as soon as they are born instead of allowing government to take them away to the north after over 20years of training all in the name of ONE NIGERIA. E no go better for that man called one nigeria

After this we can now start to discuss of sovereign national conference to discuss our continued co-existence

Please people don't let this be all talk, let us do something who knows this might be the avenue God wants to use to sort out this issue once and for all.

My heart bleeds
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by mahil: 10:11am On May 03, 2011
so sad
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by mahil: 10:14am On May 03, 2011
So bad
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by mahil: 10:20am On May 03, 2011
May their soul rest in peace
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by assme: 11:12am On May 03, 2011
So sad. Corpers killed in utter Buharism. May their souls rest in peace.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by busaryoh(f): 12:38pm On May 03, 2011
so sad,my heart is really pained cry
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Olumogun: 12:41pm On May 03, 2011
May their souls rest in peace
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by mutbak: 2:46pm On May 03, 2011
May their soul rest in peace.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Mkpotu(m): 6:41pm On May 03, 2011
May the souls of the Corps members and those of other Nigerians that were murdered as an aftermath of the election, rest in peace, AMEN!!!

Meanwhile, if NYSC posting should be based on North and South, what then should be the fate of Benue, Plateau people, because i know that what happened to an average Southerner in the North can as well happen to a Benue indigene in the core North.

A lot of things have been happening in the North especially their hostile attitude to strangers which has always been swept under the carpet. Very notorious amongst them is Bauchi. Bauchi's hostility to strangers has no bounds and why corps members were hit most in Bauchi is simply because, the state is a deserted state in terms of non-indigenes. The blood of innocent citizens that they have shed in Bauchi has no equal and this has been age-long. In fact when Gombe State was carved out from Bauchi, there was mass exodus of people from Bauchi to Gombe because of Gombe's hospitality.

I must mention at this stage that those blood suckers in Bauchi could not have access to some strangers who were fast enough to move to Baracks, thus they descended on corps members. Apart from these corps members, they equally killed people in their small towns that have strangers, eg Azare, where lots of people were killed.

But I must say that I appreciate the way we are going about talking about all these mayhem and killings so that it will be a serious issue that government will look into. If not for the days of digital communication gadgets/equipments like mobile phones, dstv, on-line means of dissemination of information, we would not have known the extent of what these people are doing over there.

I was in Jos, sometime in 2008, when there was a riot, was driving to the office when I received a call from my boss then that I should go back, but do you know how many corp members that were killed in their houses around Bauchi Road area, but everything was swept under the carpet.

One thing we have to know is, going by an average Muslim Northerner's belief, that this life is nothing and that once you die, it has been destined and I know that was why Isah yuguda made the comment and that has been the reason why they have been killing and maiming southerners at the slightest provocation. I must say that successive government of IBB, buhari, etc have been paying lip service to this Muslim Norherner's intolerance, hence the continuous killing of innocent people, but I tell you, if Jonathan can take the bull by the horn and ensure those arrested are duly investigated, prosecuted and sentenced to death, even if it is two or three persons, they may not be highly placed people, i tell you, it must send a SIGNAL TO THEM, IF NOT I TELL BY NEXT YEAR YOU WILL HEAR OF ANOTHER RIOT IN ONE PART OF THE NORTH.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by enomakos(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2011
it is about times parents stops their children for serving in the north

what will the government do if they refuse to serve?arrest them?do the govt paid their school fee or feed them when in the university

to hell with N-Y-S-C
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by infinitii(f): 5:52pm On May 04, 2011
This incidence would have happened in my batch, but God prevented it. I serve in Zamfara 2003 batch B in Anka Government school. U all know its not a new phenomenon in D north.

I dont see an end in sight to this senseless killing for i can bet it with my life that it will happen AGAIN. Only 24hrs to the killing of Osama Bin Laden, threat tests sms were already sent all over the places that those muslim bigots will strike again. If u are a Christian and you still live in the North, its your CROSS, PLS CONTINUE TO CARRY IT.

My maternal uncle lost all he has ever worked for in Kano;he came back home with [b]NOTHIN[/b]G. In summary I have a stand, and my stand are these:

1.) The Western/Eastern parents of all dead CORPS MEMBERS ( since the very first day it was reported that a corpers were killed in the north in Nigeria) MUST form a COALITION under the auspice of APOKCM (Association of Parents of Killed Corps Members). and if HISTORY has ever reported that a corps members were at anytime reported killed in the South/West/East should form an alliance too. ( I know it has never happened in the history of Nigeria)

2.) This APOKCM must march to Abuja (National Assembly/Senate) and demand in strong terms that the degree that brought forth N.Y.S.C. scheme if not abrogated be reviewed that Corpers must serve in their states.

3.)All newly elected members of House of Assembly and Senate (FROM THE SOUTH, EAST & WEST) MUST raise and support the bill which says'' ALL CORPS MEMBERS SERVE WITHIN THEIR RESPECTIVE STATES''

4.) this APOKCM must be paid monthly allowance by the FGN. This is necessary BECAUSE if such ward/corper were to be alive + all the money the parents spent on him or her, he she would have lighted the financial burden of his family, siblings etc.
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by skelemba: 8:30pm On May 04, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. spread the word, Tell your friends and family on twitter.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by digidamage: 11:40am On May 05, 2011
NYSC is a failure and should be scrapped, Join the revolution till we put an end to this nonsense program,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrap-NYSC/180505038665968
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by digidamage: 12:02pm On May 05, 2011
soojar:

As a suggestion, let us use our number and our intellect as youths to push for this change peacefully. let us remember the change that came about (and is still going on) in the arab world started with discussions like this on the net (facebook, twitter etc). They were able to circulate information round without the govt being able to do anything about it before it was  transformed to physical protest after the number had grew tremendously.

Let us start from the issue of NYSC, we all agreed it has outlived its usefulness, let us push for it to be scraped or southerners be made to serve in the south and northerner in the north. Let us start by creating a forum or a web page where people can sign on to if they support this move (i'm sure we have capable youths here who can help with that). when the number start to grow, our parents (who are keeping quiet after their children are butchered) and the media will not be able to ignore it and it will ultimately turn to a physical protest that govt will not have option but to take action on.
You have made several valid points, We have created the Facebook page, join, spread the word share you opinions and spread the word, the website is already being designed, we must stop the madness NOW, else like thay did other times, it will be pushed under the rug and forgotten, until there are another round of killings, Then we start the whole process again,
NYSC is a nothing more than a purposeless money-making venture for certain individuals, we must put an end to it,
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Pecca: 6:31pm On May 05, 2011
quite an unfornate incident we all have come to agree but what we should not forget is that the ones beign discussed on this platform cannot only read, they cannot speak the language we write and communicate with on this forum. they only understand english through an interpreter, who is in a position to instigate them. I served in Giade Local Government Area of Bauchi State where the whole thing took place. I tried to understand their mindset but it is like trying to get into the mind of a poker player - it's like a game of tail you loose, head i win. they still live somewhere around 300BC. Helplessly in the shackles of the highest form of ILLITERACY, so to speak. Am out folks
Re: List Of Corp Members Killed In Bauchi As Released By Nysc by Ayowumie(m): 1:45am On May 06, 2011
if d slain corps members ar given state burials, and so wat?
Does dat compensate for their loss? Does it provide succour for their parents? Does it fill d vaccum in their families?

Am amazed dat nysc DG isnt reactin to d statement credited Yuguda. Am so ashamed of him. He went to all d camps promisin security for all members.
The most important thing is for d perpetrators to b brot to book but we all kno dat wudnt hapn. Now my questn is, why shud we av a govt? It wudnt be too much if d presidency had declared a national mourni day for d slain corpers but no cos we dnt av a responsive govt.

But then, wats d essence of publicity after death?

God, unto thine hand do we commit our lives. May God giv d families of d slain corpas d fortitude to bear d loss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Food Served At Adamawa NYSC Orientation Camp (Watery Beans) / Students Attack Corpers With Cutlass In Abia / Borno Corps Members Withdraw Relocation Applications Over Good Camp Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.