Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,739 members, 7,955,819 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Death Of Chief Of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Death Of Chief Of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru (207 Views)

Victoria Irabor, Wife Of Chief Of Defense Writes About Life Of A Military Wife / FACT CHECK: Did Chief Of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru Say That 'over My Death Wi / The Children Sergeant Auwal Ibrahim Left Behind After NAF Helicopter Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Death Of Chief Of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 10:43pm On May 23, 2021
Yesterday I was in a solemn mood as I watched live on TV the funeral service conducted for our departed Chief of Army Staff, Late Ibrahim Attahiru (and the other officers). May their souls rest in peace. It's a sad development that shouldn't excite anybody for whatever reason. I said to myself while I was watching the funeral: this man was alive and active, hale and hearty just yesterday Friday. And today Saturday, barely 24 hours after, a funeral service is now being conducted for him. Hmmm!
And while I was watching the funeral service, the Chief Imam of the National Mosque said something that struck me when he was interviewed, he said: "Brothers and sisters, if you are looking for reality, this is the reality of life..." Death is reality, human life on earth is not permanent, of course we all know. He further said and re-emphasized: "When, where and how you will die nobody knows. Only God knows..."
The speech of the Imam inspires the need for sober reflection, and reinforces the importance of humility in life. Death is no respecter of persons, it is appointment unto man once to die irrespective of what the person has achieved or attained.
I told someone, it might be better to die celebrated and accomplished at 66, than to die in worthlessness and obscurity at the age of Methuselah. I don't know what you think.
The Late General Ibrahim was an accomplished soldier being celebrated even in his death. I join other Nigerians to salute him him and bid him farewell (and the other officers).

Kingsley Onwuka,
Port Harcourt, Nigeria,
onwukakingsley123@gmail.com
Re: The Death Of Chief Of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru by jetwonder(m): 10:46pm On May 23, 2021
grin What Goes Around Come Around!

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Fashionable Male Celebrities This Year / Best Info: How Can I Make Money Online In 2021? / How Can I Get A Pension Clearance Certificate For A Business Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.