Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding (20237 Views)

I Can Perform Any Type Of Coding Gig / Are You Struggling To Earn From Your Youtube Channel / Come Here If You're Struggling To Get Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Emeka71(m): 2:47pm On May 24, 2021
You can.
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 2:48pm On May 24, 2021
Googledrive12:
You are obviously learning wrongly . I learnt alot from videos when I started off and this is how. First you need to know that crash courses are not good for beginners (opinion) secondly, you need to look for a youtuber that explain things in a way you understand, I will recommend (CODEVOLUTION AND CODEADDICT ) if you checkout this guys and liked any of their teaching pattern then go for their JS tutorial, most times they are series or 10hours video which might take you 20days to complete , you have to focus on understanding concepts rather than completing a tutorial in a set out time , the best way to learn with a video is to go through that video the first time without doing anything , let's say a ten hour video make out time to watch 30min of it without following along then watch it again the second time but this time in bits of 5min, after you watch the first 5min stop the video and try out what the teacher did without looking for any source, then spend time implementing that again in a different concept ( like change the primitive variable type (cast), use an object instead of an array, create a different function from the one the person created and so on ) this way the concept sticks and you can implement it anywhere . This might be a very slow approach but it works really well. I learnt through this pattern and anytime I speak with my colleagues they wonder how I get to understand this things so deeply.
Thirdly, Build small projects like the frequently ask question of Netflix , a simple login form and so on , and celebrate your small wins. in this field every little step matters, if I remember how I started I just smile and thank God for the journey thus far . Believe in yourself it is possible.
You can send me a PM so I share with you other things that can help you achieve this goal .

Thanks alot, God bless you for taking out ur time in breaking down ur experience into tiny bit for beginners like me

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Hespee93: 2:49pm On May 24, 2021
Opp you can comento my dm on WhatsApp.

For now I can guid you through the following

Web Development:
HTML
CSS
JavaScript
J Query
Ajax
mysql and
PHP respectively

Also, Basic of
C#, C++,
VB.Net
Java

+2348030891417
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by horlahwaley(m): 2:51pm On May 24, 2021
I was once a medical laboratory student, started coding during my final year days. I learnt html to css to js. But later i realised i cannot cope with coding at the same time medical laboratory practise. I had to leave coding. Op. I am not discouraging you but both world are so so apart that you have to leave one for another. By the way money dey pharmacy, why u deybstress ursef?
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by jetroolowole(m): 2:54pm On May 24, 2021
Send me a private message. I'll give you an invite to my upcoming Wacademy center.
I'll walk you through the process of creating real life application.
austinceasar:
I am a pharmacy student who is struggling to break into the world of programming...I have downloaded and studied lot of videos on YouTube and i do make use of the free lessons offered by freecodecamp. But all the hours i've put into learning how to code seems to been in vain, as I can't apply most things I've learnt to do something remarkable in real life. I'm sincerely appealing to a programmer who will like to take me under his wings as an apprentice.

I will fovever be grateful for the guidance.
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Cokahot: 2:57pm On May 24, 2021
Don't face your book. Coding my egg
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by king100(m): 2:59pm On May 24, 2021
Take time to read and understand everything in the link below.
Goodluck
https://www.quora.com/What-one-tip-changed-your-coding-skills-forever
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by fascia(m): 3:06pm On May 24, 2021
Op.
A lot of people are in this boat including myself .
Learning syntax is easy, the real deal is problem solving.
What you have to focus on now is learning how to solve problem. See the big picture of a particular problem and break be it down into tiny smaller pieces. Also learning how the whole flow of a solution will be will help u in writing pseudo code .

After you get the pseudo code, the rest is to code it out with the syntax you have learnt.

To learn problems solving, the best thing is to study data structures and algorithm then design patterns. This will give you ideas on how to solve any problem presented to you.

Finally, start a personal project. No matter how big, start now. Just take it step by step.
Assuming it is a website you want to build, start from the navigattion.
Search google for how to code a navbar, study plenty answers and implement it on your website.
For login, search how to do authentification on Google, see the answer, learn and then implement on your website.
With time, you will get the overall view of how everything works then you start coding with minimal Google Search.
Stackoverflow is your friend.

Summary just learn logic then you can Google Search all the syntax .
I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 3:10pm On May 24, 2021
horlahwaley:
I was once a medical laboratory student, started coding during my final year days. I learnt html to css to js. But later i realised i cannot cope with coding at the same time medical laboratory practise. I had to leave coding. Op. I am not discouraging you but both world are so so apart that you have to leave one for another. By the way money dey pharmacy, why u deybstress ursef?

Lol...why I dey stress??, pharmacy is alrdy a stress oniown, so make i kuku double my stress(hustle)...and Iike the proverbial word "man shall not live by bread alone"
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2021
horlahwaley:
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Metrofox(m): 3:12pm On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:

Mentorship boss mentorship.

I've watched loads of YouTube videos on Js and that seems not to be helping. Cus applying what I've learnt without running back to YouTube has been a problem.

I know teaching a total stranger is big ask, but I will like nothing than to find a tutor/mentor.

Biggest mistake anyone can make is not learning python as a first language, they all share the same context but different syntax, just like you have WAZOBIA , after learning your first language you can learn a second one in less than 2 weeks.. As to being proficient, that comes with practice mostly as an intern or working on projects. Finally all developers use google and stack overflow even for the most mundane things..thank me later

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by austinceasar(m): 3:14pm On May 24, 2021
jetroolowole:
Send me a private message. I'll give you an invite to my upcoming Wacademy center.
I'll walk you through the process of creating real life application.

Just sent a pm. Will be waiting for ur invite. Thanks
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by nnamdiosu(m): 3:19pm On May 24, 2021
austinceasar:
I am a pharmacy student who is struggling to break into the world of programming...I have downloaded and studied lot of videos on YouTube and i do make use of the free lessons offered by freecodecamp. But all the hours i've put into learning how to code seems to been in vain, as I can't apply most things I've learnt to do something remarkable in real life. I'm sincerely appealing to a programmer who will like to take me under his wings as an apprentice.

I will fovever be grateful for the guidance.

You need a mentor, either online or offline. But offline will be more advantageous.

You might need to join a good hub or coding community

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Dechief: 3:22pm On May 24, 2021
nullbyte:
In learning programing you need to learn while building real world applications. Most tutorials will go the "Hello World" direction.

IN learning python, i started by learning how to build networking tools and that helped me in my field as a network engineer.

Which language are u learning? Let me know and I can recommend how to learn by building real world applications.

Boss m learning java....note M not the op
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Dechief: 3:32pm On May 24, 2021
30naira:

Lol, I can relate. I'm a nurse who ventured into programming. I'd be happy to coach u for free. (It helps keep me up to speed) . send me a pm, I organise free classes over zoom
m interested too
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Jas80: 3:46pm On May 24, 2021
qtguru:

Sorry unless you want to see integration codes or Plugins. The one worth mentioning on my CV is Quicktelller PayPoint, I don't build Websites, mostly themes, plugins and components. They are in my Github

You worked with quickteller eh?
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by 30naira: 3:48pm On May 24, 2021
Dechief:
m interested too
Send a pm
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by sharrp: 3:49pm On May 24, 2021
You don’t need a mentor , you have all the mentor ship you need on google . I also graduated with an MLS degree and started coding during my year one . Learn to ask google the right questions and how to navigate and filter information . Actually mentorship comes when you have considerable footing in the tech / coding world
Connected1:
I need a mentor too oh
I have been learning Python for sometime now, but I keep running away after learning some of the basics.
I just keep procastinating, I need guidance.
I have written some codes/programs but I want to be engaged, like I need someone to give me tasks to do so I can achieve something.
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by qtguru(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2021
Jas80:

You worked with quickteller eh?

on Quickteller , it has different teams and unit, I was in Paypoint, but I worked on Quickteller and Web Pay Button that shows popup. worked on not built!!!!!
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by DEADALIVE: 4:02pm On May 24, 2021
Just learn reverse engineering as a software engineer....in a span of one year you come back and tell us how many programmes you have learnt and how to understand system software project design from start to commission....
Learning programming is like schooling in nigeria university after graduation u still don't know anything....
Lastly OP be ready to spend money software development no be joke....only plugin alone can discourage you.
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by watino: 4:06pm On May 24, 2021
nullbyte:

great that is the way to go.

I don,t know if I am allow to post links, but u can search "The Python Mega Course Build 10 Real World Applications"

PM ME IF U NEED FURTHER HELP!!!

Null byte
Bro please could you help me with this file as i can't find it again online, the download link has been removed.
Thanks you
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by plot697: 4:06pm On May 24, 2021
Testtest0:

PM me

I am interested I your mentorship too. I am also learning programming but got stock in the first assignment on freecode camp
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Dextre(m): 4:08pm On May 24, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:
Pharmacy and Coding are worlds apart ... utterly different in their entirety.

Choose one and stick to it. Stop letting your village people play with your destiny.

Use your brain.

Don’t tell people how they choose to move with their life. Go rest bros
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Dextre(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2021
Testtest0:

PM me

Baba I wan learn too o, in fact me na complete jjc, I know nothing so far
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Jas80: 4:10pm On May 24, 2021
qtguru:

on Quickteller , it has different teams and unit, I was in Paypoint, but I worked on Quickteller and Web Pay Button that shows popup. worked on not built!!!!!

Wow, thumbs up!!!
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Dextre(m): 4:11pm On May 24, 2021
30naira:

Lol, I can relate. I'm a nurse who ventured into programming. I'd be happy to coach u for free. (It helps keep me up to speed) . send me a pm, I organise free classes over zoom

Are newbies allowed in too?
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by belovez(m): 4:14pm On May 24, 2021
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by wallay77(m): 4:17pm On May 24, 2021
nullbyte:

great that is the way to go.

I don,t know if I am allow to post links, but u can search "The Python Mega Course Build 10 Real World Applications"

Download it through torrent.

This is not just another Python tutorial that shows how to write Python code. The Python Mega Course is a carefully designed course where you will learn how to build real life applications in Python ranging from web apps to webcam motion detection programs.

Through a combination of videos, real world code examples, quizzes, interactive exercises, and projects, this course makes sure you are able to think Python, and design and build real world applications by the end of it.

The course is designed for all student levels. The first 5% of the course teaches Python basics for beginners and can serve as a refresher crash course for post-beginner students. After completing the first 5%, you will be guided in building 10 real life applications written in Python 3 in a wide range of areas that include:

Web applications
Desktop applications
Database applications
Web scraping
Web mapping
Data analysis
Interactive web visualization
Computer vision for image and video processing
Object Oriented Programming

By the end of the course you will have built 10 useful Python applications in the above areas.

Specifically the 10 Python applications you are going to build are as follows:

A program that generates definitions of English words given by the user
A program that blocks access to distracting websites
A web map visualizing volcano locations and population data
A portfolio website
A desktop graphical program that interacts with a database
A webcam motion detector
A web scraper of property data
An interactive web graph
A database web application to collect data
A web service that converts addresses to coordinates

PM ME IF U NEED FURTHER HELP!!!
Hello pls I need this...how do I reach u

1 Like

Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by Olumyco(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2021
OP this is what you need. Pls watch this video I made.
Also you can watch other tutorials I have also made on programming. Don't forget to share, like, comment and subscribe to makeThemTECH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoUVuC5G64
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by xcelentattitude(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2021
Thank God it's coding not codeine
Re: I Am A Pharmacy Student Struggling To Break Into The World Of Coding by TheRealestGuy(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2021
PataAlhajaKeji:

Guy, how far with your Crypto life?

You still dey buy the dip?

Na Crypto go finish you las las. grin grin grin

cheesy

Have you been dreaming about me noob? Seems you just heard of crypto for the first time this year.

Mugu.

Some of us don already make good money from am and will continue to do so in the next foreseeable future.

Have Fun Staying Poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Mostly Do Online? / Nairalanders, How Did You Discover Nairaland? / Buy And Sell Website / Blog In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.