Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now (608 Views)

Gomoney Bank Has Been Down For A Week Now, Customers Money Trapped / Can I Retrieve My Union Bank And Gtb Account Number Using USSD? / Why the Supreme Court Ruling Between Innoson And GTB should worry you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 7:45am On May 24, 2021
I had a failed ATM transaction at GTB over a week and a half ago, but they are yet to refund my money

I have called and called and called, and zenith bank said they have opened tickets and should wait 48 hours but that was over a week ago.

I just can't let this go and have my money gone

What next step can I take? EFCC or what? I know the money might be small to some people but it is painful.

Is this how they take peoples money?

cc seun and all mods

someone please advice me
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by advanceDNA: 7:52am On May 24, 2021
VaselineCrew:
I had a failed ATM transaction at GTB over a week and a half ago, but they are yet to refund my money

I have called and called and called, and zenith bank said they have opened tickets and should wait 48 hours but that was over a week ago.

I just can't let this go and have my money gone

What next step can I take? EFCC or what? I know the money might be small to some people but it is painful.

Is this how they take peoples money?

Relax...interbank settlement usually takes sometime... especially when u have weekend in between..
Las las, your money go drop...
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by Equation89(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2021
Go to Tweeter and call them out, tag the two bank. With your evidence of transaction.

You will see them refund your money immediately.
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 7:55am On May 24, 2021
advanceDNA:

Relax...interbank settlement usually takes sometime... especially when u have weekend in between..
Las las, your money go drop...

It happened on the 14th of this month though, that's like 10 days ago.

Usually failed transactions at the ATM are refunded to me in 5 minutes.

There are even failed transactions that never get refunded to me, like 500 naira to buy airtime from my bank failed, and was never refunded. I just didn't have the strength to chase that one, cause by the time you call or go to the bank, you would already have used more than 500.

but I can't let this one go
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 7:57am On May 24, 2021
My confidence in ATMs in Nigeria has now been forever shaken

What if that was all the money I had left?

So I would be without money for 10 days now? while they take their time
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by NOC1(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2021
Just drag them on Twitter, you will see how it works like magic.
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by nedekid: 9:01am On May 24, 2021
VaselineCrew:

It happened on the 14th of this month though, that's like 10 days ago.

Usually failed transactions at the ATM are refunded to me in 5 minutes.

There are even failed transactions that never get refunded to me, like 500 naira to buy airtime from my bank failed, and was never refunded. I just didn't have the strength to chase that one, cause by the time you call or go to the bank, you would already have used more than 500.

but I can't let this one go
Is there evidence of your complaints?
This is same thing we say here everyday. Have email or acknowledged copies of complaints. It makes them act because you have records should you wish to escalate.
What will you tell efcc, cbn etc? Oh I called then 10 days ago or 5 days ago and they did not answer me?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 12:35pm On May 24, 2021
nedekid:

Is there evidence of your complaints?
This is same thing we say here everyday. Have email or acknowledged copies of complaints. It makes them act because you have records should you wish to escalate.
What will you tell efcc, cbn etc? Oh I called then 10 days ago or 5 days ago and they did not answer me?

yes I have evidence and a ticket! why would you just assume I don't?
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 12:37pm On May 24, 2021
NOC1:
Just drag them on Twitter, you will see how it works like magic.

I'm not on twitter, but I will join if I don't see my money soon.

They just told me now to wait till Friday, that will make it two whole weeks.

Is this how someone will be using atm in Naija?

At this point, is it not even better to go to the bank an make withdrawal than use atm

this is beyond pathetic at this point
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by nedekid: 1:17pm On May 24, 2021
VaselineCrew:

yes I have evidence and a ticket! why would you just assume I don't?
Ok, that's great if you have a ticket. All we want is for you to get your money.
If I may ask, was it the bank that gave you the ticket number? Or how did you get it.
Is it that you have a ticket number and the contents of the ticket complaint is domiciled with the bank?
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 1:31pm On May 24, 2021
nedekid:

Ok, that's great if you have a ticket. All we want is for you to get your money.
If I may ask, was it the bank that gave you the ticket number? Or how did you get it.
Is it that you have a ticket number and the contents of the ticket complaint is domiciled with the bank?

my bank zenith, issued me a ticket for the failed transaction at the GTB atm.
Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by nedekid: 8:59pm On May 24, 2021
VaselineCrew:

my bank zenith, issued me a ticket for the failed transaction at the GTB atm.

Ok. This is evening so hope you have resolved the issue.
Anyway, the point I was trying to make to you is that a ticket good, it shows you reached them. I personally prefare writing an email to open a conversation, or if the money is worth it, I go to the bank, get a piece of paper and make my complaints and get them to acknowledge it. Ie stamp it and give me a copy. In this your case, I would have done that this morning saying in the letter, I complained almost 2 weeks ago. I called last week. Today is 14 days later and it has not been resolved.
My friend it works miracles. Even the customercare ladies sitted will have to consult a higher official before accepting it. But they must.
My point is always try to make a "case".
Incase you have to take it further.
You know there are cbn laws covering interbank transfer failures and time frame when they must be settled.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank And GTB Have Not Refunded My Money In Over A Week Now by VaselineCrew: 11:43am On May 28, 2021
nedekid:

Ok. This is evening so hope you have resolved the issue.
Anyway, the point I was trying to make to you is that a ticket good, it shows you reached them. I personally prefare writing an email to open a conversation, or if the money is worth it, I go to the bank, get a piece of paper and make my complaints and get them to acknowledge it. Ie stamp it and give me a copy. In this your case, I would have done that this morning saying in the letter, I complained almost 2 weeks ago. I called last week. Today is 14 days later and it has not been resolved.
My friend it works miracles. Even the customercare ladies sitted will have to consult a higher official before accepting it. But they must.
My point is always try to make a "case".
Incase you have to take it further.
You know there are cbn laws covering interbank transfer failures and time frame when they must be settled.

Thank you for the lengthy response, it is much appreciated.

The matter hasn’t been resolved as I was told to wait till today.

I will have to go to the bank personally next week if I don’t get my reversal today.

Thanks bro!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Upwork: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide To Making Money As A Nigerian Freelancer / CBN Knocks Banks For Shunning Enaira / Tigernut Milk Business Set Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.