Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves (31204 Views)

Amotekun, Hunters Dislodge Herdsmen From Oyo Forest Reserves / Osinbajo’s 35 Aides: Buhari Clears The Air, Says They Only Created New Ministry / FFK Reacts To Femi Adesina "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by powerfulguy: 5:54pm On May 24, 2021
PRESIDENT BUHARI OKAYS DEEP ROOTED SOLUTIONS TO HERDSMEN ATTACKS, CLEARS WAY FOR RANCHING AND REVIVAL OF FOREST RESERVES

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed a strong resolve to address the conflicts of herders and farmers in a sustained and lasting manner that should lead to the emergence of a permanent solution to the frequent clashes between them, as well as the associated problem of the gun-wielding “killer herdsmen.”

The President had approved a number of specific measures to bring a permanent end to the frequent skirmishes as recommended by Alhaji Sabo Nanono, the Minister of Agriculture in a report he submitted and the President signed off on it back in April, well before the actions of the Southern Governors Forum which attempts to place a ban on open grazing and other acts of politicking intended by its signatories to demonstrate their power.

It is very clear that there was no solution offered from their resolutions to the herder-farmer clashes that have been continuing in our country for generations.

But the citizens of the southern states – indeed citizens of all states of Nigeria - have a right to expect their elected leaders and representatives to find answers to challenges of governance and rights, and not to wash their hands off hard choices by, instead, issuing bans that say: “not in my state.”

It is equally true that their announcement is of questionable legality, given the Constitutional right of all Nigerians to enjoy the same rights and freedoms within every one of our 36 states (and FCT) -regardless of the state of their birth or residence.

Fortunately, this declaration has been preempted, for whatever it is intended to achieve and Mr. President, who has rightly been worried about these problems more than any other citizen in consultation with farmers and herders alike, commissioned and approved an actionable plan of rehabilitating grazing reserves in the states, starting with those that are truly committed to the solution and compliant with stated requirements.

With veterinary clinics, water points for animals, and facilities for herders and their families including schooling - through these rehabilitated reserves, the Federal Government is making far-reaching and practical changes allowing for different communities to co-exist side-by-side: supporting farmers to till their fields, herders to rear their livestock and Nigerians everywhere to be safe.

The entire country is acutely aware of the strain the COVID-19 pandemic has taken on public finances, for both Federal and States. Still, given the pressing urgency of addressing the perennial challenges, the federal funding for the project that has been delayed is now being partly unlocked. Actual work for the full actualization of the modern reserve system in a few of the consenting states should take off in June.

Garba Shehu

Senior Special Assistant to the President

(Media & Publicity)

May 24, 2021
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3971250509633926&id=100002470489894

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by jlinkd78(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2021
Is this modified RUGA or Ranching? But on a serious note this Garba Shehu is too amateurish and unnecessarily emotional as d official script writer of d President abi Presidency. How can an ordinary appointee talk with so much venom against a resolution of 17 elected Southern Governors. The good thing is that this puts an end to open grazing thereby endorsing it's ban by Southern Governors but here in d East we are not allocating a reserved area for herders, any one interested in cattle business should buy land and build ranch not Govt emasculating and allocating indigenous land through grabbing to d Fulanis

203 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2021
I dont even understand wat this one is saying.....why is it that official statements are always issued out when matters don reach or affect fulani people and herdsmen but none for others even when there deaths are caused by this herdsmen.....
This country just tire me!

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Kingspin(m): 6:02pm On May 24, 2021
A president who give order to IG but forget.
A president who order shoot at sight with herdsmen with AK-47 but are shooting in Imo state.

Make una de careful with Buhari.
His body language is more powerful than his words.
This man cannot be trusted even an inch.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by LegendHero(m): 6:03pm On May 24, 2021
Commissioned and approved an actionable plan of rehabilitating grazing reserves in the states, starting with those that are truly committed to the solution and compliant with stated requirements.

Well fair enough.

Since it will be starting with states committed to grazing reserves.

I’m sure there are several Southern states that will NEVER be committed to grazing reserves so it’s better the herdsmen should try to make use of those in Kano and Northern states.

I hope this can solve the menace of the killer herdsmen and the government of the South should then take actions to flush the killer herdsmen out of their territory since the ones that are legit will already be in Kano when this presidency action take hold.

As per Garuba omo Yakuba vituperation against the Southern governors, no time to dwell on roforofo talks coz action speak louder than noise. The Southern governor should back their Asaba declaration with actions coz the presidency can’t do Jack against a union of Southern governors.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by RuddyFusion(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2021
Absolute nonsense from nepotic Fulani cabal Presidency

Very nonsensical and idiotic press release from an irresponsible cabal Presidency spokesman

Nigeria will never move forward with this dominate them mindset

Mindset of conquer, kill and destroy

Look at what is happening in Benue, what have they done about it?

Let's divide this shithole or at worst let every region manage their affairs.

Spits

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Joel3(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2021
What is this I just read? And how do I unread it. Because it's making me boil and hot inside. This press release is enough to incite violence.

It's just audio ban. Nothing will change.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2021
Forget about this ruga nonsense in Bayelsa state cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by meolaniyi(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2021
It will never be well with Tinubu. This government is fixated on establishing Fulani colonies in all the southern states.
The south must open its eyes. This is never a farmer-herder clash.
Tinubu is the greatest fool of all times.

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by PrinceOfLagos: 6:18pm On May 24, 2021
We warned you Nigerians in 2015 and 2019 not to vote Buhari but you all didn't listen ..
E don set

You all should enjoy the change you voted for

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by roundman: 6:21pm On May 24, 2021
It is clear that these fool's are sympathetic to the fulani cause... This issue will mar this Contraption very quickly..

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by DDDEnterprises: 6:30pm On May 24, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
We warned you Nigerians in 2015 and 2019 not to vote Buhari but you all didn't listen ..
E don set

You all should enjoy the change you voted for

Thank God I didn't vote at all. Only God knows how much curses would be directed on my head by now from those who think Buhari supporters brought them these calamities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by limeta(f): 6:34pm On May 24, 2021
okay na say ruga don buy wear hijab

1 Like

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by joyandfaith: 6:39pm On May 24, 2021
Ruga
Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by OsuAmaka: 6:41pm On May 24, 2021
-Osu amaka

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by DropsMic(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2021
Okay
Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Trailblazer1(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2021
He has no choice since he couldn't forcefully steal our lands for his Fulani kinsmen.

Shame on Buhari undecided

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by revived2: 6:43pm On May 24, 2021
E go be
Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by PCG001: 6:43pm On May 24, 2021
oυr мυмυ never do❓❓embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by tobtap: 6:44pm On May 24, 2021
Tor
Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by ZorGBUooeh: 6:44pm On May 24, 2021
Thank God they said we don't have enuf land mass in the east.
So wherever they are planning to set up the ranch they should not dare involve the east.we don't have an inch of land to give to murderer's and rapists.

Those that have land mass should donate.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:44pm On May 24, 2021
Ruga. I pity middle belt. If I were them I will fight with my last drop in defence of my ancestral land.

As for supreme Court Governor, others are speaking against this but the man wan de use us play for Imo...

No wahala. One thing is sure, no inch of ala Igbo will go into any stupid Grazing rubbish

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Splitmind: 6:44pm On May 24, 2021
Sai Baba!

Our daddy has done it again, ride on sir!

This initiative will stop the unwarranted attacks and victimisation of the Fulani by children of hate. The natives of the lands will also enjoy prosperity from rich blood being introduced to the land, very soon we will take over the whole country.

This is a great day for Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Factfinder1(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
Foolish Buhari

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by tempest01(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
Killers are to be brought to justice, not rewarded with lands of those killed to continue their atrocities. I pity those that will be blackmailed to accommodate murderers.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by Aloof: 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
I hope this is not Ruga pro max, because no inch of land in the South would be allocated to them.

I don't want to mention South-East, because even if they wish to buy land, it won't be sold to them.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by kachuk(m): 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
Best bet is for the likes ofSunday Igboho, Nnamdi Kanu and other
local warriors starting a "mass-movement" at first, then later the "Big
Shots" will jump into it when they see the writing on the wall, while
claiming Credit and jostling for opportunity in the eventual outcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by toxtimmy: 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
Tah... Proof say you no vote for Buhari?...

DDDEnterprises:

Thank God I didn't vote at all. Only God knows how much curses would be directed on my head by now from those who think Buhari supporters brought them these calamities.
Re: Buhari Clears Way For Ranching And Revival Of Forest Reserves by orisa37: 6:45pm On May 24, 2021
Seriously amateurish and disappointing.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Hosts President Tayyip Erdoğan Of Turkey (Photos) / At War With Monguno, Aligned With Daura, Lawal Was The Cabal’s Face / Atiku Woos Theresa May, Sells Agenda To Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.