Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega (3638 Views)

Train Attack Anniversary: 'Nigeria Failed You & Your Generation' - Megafu Family / I Regret Being Part Of The Evil Party That Ruined Nigeria- Osibanjo In Tears / Magu Probe: I Don’t Regret Being Panel Chairman - Ayo Salami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by akelicious(m): 8:22pm On May 24, 2021
Former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, has expressed regret that he was part of a system that failed to produce good leadership in the country.
Jega who was in charge as INEC boss when Buhari emerged as winner of a controversial 2015 presidential election in the country, said that Nigeria cannot continue to allow bad people to govern or misgovern them any more.

Speaking during the inauguration of a 35-man People’s Redemption Party (PRP) Policy Advisory Committee (PPAC), in Abuja, he said the country needs serious political cleansing which would also require every Nigerian to not repeat past mistakes.

I believe that all Nigerians can no longer sit on the fence as everybody needs to contribute to the cleansing of politics in Nigeria. There should be no fence-sitters; our future is at stake. We cannot allow bad people to continue to govern us or misgovern us and continue to wreck our country and its future,” he said.

The former INEC boss previously said every Nigerian deserves a better life and it is the government’s responsibility to ensure that. He advised that if it becomes clear that leaders in the country are unable to improve the lives of the people, they have no reason to be in power.

Jega who made the statement during a lecture organized by the Hudaibiyya Centre held at the Aminu Kano College of Legal and Islamic Studies in Kano, said it was unfortunate that leaders’ nonchalant attitude to the masses woes thrive in Nigeria, ‘‘whereas these are what other nations have been fighting to erase from their system. If a leader fails, it is up to the public to ensure that they vote them out”.

Jega added that there is an urgent need for the Buhari-led administration to come up with measures that would address insecurity and instability in various sectors of the nation.

Another person to similarly express regrets over the current leadership failure in the country, is former Sports minister, Solomon Dalung. Dalung who served under the Buhari administration, expressed regrets that the government under which he once served, has failed the Nigerian people.

Dalung who made the statement in an interview with BBC Hausa, said despite having worked with the Buhari government during his first term in office, and is still a card carrying member of the APC, he is not afraid to speak truth to power.

He said the current state of the nation is frightening as Nigerians are forced to seek alternative means of survival in their own country as government doesn’t exist.

He said, “In the north, if you are a Muslim and you want to travel, you must pray, fast for days before embarking on the journey. If you are Christian and you want to travel, you must fast and pray for days before you travel.

Even if the journey is successful, you will still go to the hospital because of high blood pressure arising from fear during the journey. We have never experienced this kind of situation. Imagine in the north, before you go to your farm, you will have to pay gunmen to allow you farm. If you want to harvest your farm produced, you will still have to pay gunmen before they allow you to harvest.

[url]Full report at https://www.akelicious.net/i-regret-being-a-part-of-nigerias-failed-system-jega/[/url]

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by nothingspoil70: 8:25pm On May 24, 2021
Really?
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by FarahAideed: 8:26pm On May 24, 2021
Infact you allowed the rigged election that ushered Buhari in

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by peterafolayan(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2021
Mr Mega, what's the way forward?
Regret will not solve any problem now.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Mysticwebb: 8:31pm On May 24, 2021
You contributed 50 percent of the problem Nigerians are facing now. You people wanted power to go back to the North at all cost, you got it and death mixed together.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Cholls(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2021
My brother A politician is a fellow who will lay down your life for his country.

{{{{{{{{{{{{Read That Again}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Daveambition(m): 8:34pm On May 24, 2021
This one no regret sh!t.
His family & most relatives are faraway in develop countries
While the FG keeps using taxpayers monies to pay for his extravagant lifestyle here in naija

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by joyandfaith: 8:35pm On May 24, 2021
Mysticwebb:
You contributed 50 percent of the problem Nigerians are facing now. You people wanted power to go back to the North at all cost, you got it and death mixed together.

70%.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2021
Ok
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 24, 2021
Anytime I read youth comments and the way their old men deceive them I surprise and ask myself are these people the same?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by ceejay10(m): 8:42pm On May 24, 2021
Mumu man! You played a key role in foisting this dullard on us. History will never be kind to you and your cohorts.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by mrvitalis(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2021
supportnija:
Anytime I read youth comments and the way their old men deceive them I surprise and ask myself are these people the same?
When old men systematically gave them half baked education ...it's systematic operation it's difficult to break out

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Amb1045(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2021
You never see anything Mr jagga. Elections is not about I am a Muslim or a Christian or I'm a PDP or APC. Let's vote a credible person una use divide and rule plan now you dee regret. A Fulani man is incompetent to be a primary school teacher because they believe everything na force for them no mental capability. Religious bigots that will commit crime later go back to mosque to pray. We need true federalism. States will pay tax's to federal government while federal government will pay military and federal police. Nigeria is blessed north, south, West. Everybody just glue eye to oil way no get value again. A 50years old son can not be control with force rather peace and resolution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by chatinent: 8:49pm On May 24, 2021
Kettle and pot name-calling.
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by PrinceOfLagos: 8:49pm On May 24, 2021
Nobody is happy with the way Buhari led APC government has destroyed this country .

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Sonoyom(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2021
Ooo
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2021
Mysticwebb:

Even if they wanted power back to the north, why not a brighter brain? Why an old man who failed first tenure and failed to improve his self development? And to make matters worst some miseducated fellows in the south who thinks they know better than everyone helped them package him. SHAME. Thank God people are not discriminated along party lines when they want to purchase anything in the market.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by MosheDayan: 8:53pm On May 24, 2021
[s]
akelicious:
Former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega, has expressed regret that he was part of a system that failed to produce good leadership in the country.
Jega who was in charge as INEC boss when Buhari emerged as winner of a controversial 2015 presidential election in the country, said that Nigeria cannot continue to allow bad people to govern or misgovern them any more.

Speaking during the inauguration of a 35-man People’s Redemption Party (PRP) Policy Advisory Committee (PPAC), in Abuja, he said the country needs serious political cleansing which would also require every Nigerian to not repeat past mistakes.

I believe that all Nigerians can no longer sit on the fence as everybody needs to contribute to the cleansing of politics in Nigeria. There should be no fence-sitters; our future is at stake. We cannot allow bad people to continue to govern us or misgovern us and continue to wreck our country and its future,” he said.

The former INEC boss previously said every Nigerian deserves a better life and it is the government’s responsibility to ensure that. He advised that if it becomes clear that leaders in the country are unable to improve the lives of the people, they have no reason to be in power.

Jega who made the statement during a lecture organized by the Hudaibiyya Centre held at the Aminu Kano College of Legal and Islamic Studies in Kano, said it was unfortunate that leaders’ nonchalant attitude to the masses woes thrive in Nigeria, ‘‘whereas these are what other nations have been fighting to erase from their system. If a leader fails, it is up to the public to ensure that they vote them out”.

Jega added that there is an urgent need for the Buhari-led administration to come up with measures that would address insecurity and instability in various sectors of the nation.

Another person to similarly express regrets over the current leadership failure in the country, is former Sports minister, Solomon Dalung. Dalung who served under the Buhari administration, expressed regrets that the government under which he once served, has failed the Nigerian people.

Dalung who made the statement in an interview with BBC Hausa, said despite having worked with the Buhari government during his first term in office, and is still a card carrying member of the APC, he is not afraid to speak truth to power.

He said the current state of the nation is frightening as Nigerians are forced to seek alternative means of survival in their own country as government doesn’t exist.

He said, “In the north, if you are a Muslim and you want to travel, you must pray, fast for days before embarking on the journey. If you are Christian and you want to travel, you must fast and pray for days before you travel.

Even if the journey is successful, you will still go to the hospital because of high blood pressure arising from fear during the journey. We have never experienced this kind of situation. Imagine in the north, before you go to your farm, you will have to pay gunmen to allow you farm. If you want to harvest your farm produced, you will still have to pay gunmen before they allow you to harvest.

[url]Full report at https://www.akelicious.net/i-regret-being-a-part-of-nigerias-failed-system-jega/[/url]
[/s]
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Maxymilliano(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2021
We certainly expected too much from someone who had absolutely nothing. Buhari is not only a failure but a disaster

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by jlinkd78(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2021
Openly denounce Buhari and tell us more how GEJ was rigged out by your team then we consider your coded apology

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Dabliss02(m): 9:00pm On May 24, 2021
Your grand kids go still suffer am...

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Peacefulness1(f): 9:01pm On May 24, 2021
Oh really? angry
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by daddytime(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2021
Lol...

This is classical reverse psychology.

It's always the same game being played over and over again once the election draws near.

Before you know it, everyone will be clamouring for Jega for being "honest" and accepting his so-called mistakes.

This is a very calculative and intentional move to brainwash and deceive the gullible electorates as usual.

Watch out as Jega positions himself to run for the Presidency.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Ladiesdoctor(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2021
Steeewpid talk.

Crying when the damage has been done
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by LadySarah: 11:14pm On May 24, 2021
Onye kpaa nku ahuhu...

You initiated it,stop the wails
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Rossiminku: 11:18pm On May 24, 2021
Buhari don refuse am contract.

THIEF.

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Johnsown1(m): 11:46pm On May 24, 2021
Medicine after death, you rigged him in and I trust you can't rigge him out abi. Nonsense
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by Penguin2: 11:48pm On May 24, 2021
FarahAideed:
Infact you allowed the rigged election that ushered Buhari in

He did not just allow...

He planned and executed it.

That’s why people were asking Jonathan to sack but that one had no balls.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by ogkrakkid(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2021
God go punish you even inside your grave for not going back to the office to attend to the petition s on ur table before announcing the final result which orubebe called your attention to..God will for ever punish your soul..u no go ever rest in peace bastard.
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by leofab(f): 12:18am On May 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by chris4gold(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2021
God go punish you
Re: I Regret Being A Part Of Nigeria’s Failed System — Jega by edoairways: 12:21am On May 25, 2021
You did what you know best. Karma has a way of rewarding people

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Assembles Team Of Lawyers, Threatens To Expose Others If Extradited / Buhari To Confirm Osinbajo As Consensus Candidate Tonight / Gen Innocent Orji Test Run Home Made Ijere 16 Multiple Missile Launcher- Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.