Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) (549 Views)

#AtikuGate: Mr SPV, A Leopard Cannot Change Its Skin - Keyamo To Atiku / How Buhari Can Prove He’s Not ‘jubril’ From Sudan – CUPP / If Buhari Can Be President, My Son-in-law Should Be Governor – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by fenibak: 9:25pm On May 24, 2021
Today history is Repeating Its self as Buari Asks Nigerians to register the IMEI Of their phones.

As we watch in utter dismay as Nigeria is plunged into economic and security crisis one must begin to wonder what gang of criminal, selfish and wicked politicians from the southwest and southeast and other some part of Nigeria brought Buhari back to power and let it be on record that the Igbos have always rejected Buhari because we know he was a failure in 1983 and is still a failure till today. Only greedy people from the southeast that make up 1% gave this dictator their vote because of rice and 5000 nairas.

I then begin to ask, can a leopard change its spots? Can a dictator become democratic? Can a military man become a civilian, we must blame the Fulanis and our teachers for refusing to teach us the history of Nigeria, I myself was just a baby when Buhari was then military head of state, according to what we heard people queued to buy milk, there was suffering in the land until he was removed in a bloodless coup.

Buhari has been know to be corrupt, a tribalist,a religious bigot, a dictator, a hater of free speech, and a lover of nepotism, I wrote about something before I asked what kind of demonic broom did the APC use on Nigerians that made them accept and vote a failure like Buhari, in sane countries a man like Buhari should have been banned from holding political office because he truncated democracy, was GEJ really that bad? That we opted for a disaster to be president. I don't know about you but I enjoyed electricity for the first time since I was born in Nigeria during GEJs regime, we had other younger people that contested but greedy politicians are always after their pockets they don't care about Nigeria, you doubt me remember the load of palliatives they kept for themselves. wicked people I must say.

As we always say we deserve the kind of leaders we get, I don't pity Nigerians that voted for this failure my only anger is that they alone are not feeling the brunt of this disaster called Buhari.i wish they alone could feel it.

We have daily killings in Nigeria and this man does not deem it fit to talk to Nigerians on weekly basis, is this what we call democracy? Most times I think democracy in Africa is a scam because are these people not supposed to be working for us the people? Why do they become gods when they get into power, Buhari now speaks through Garba Shehu, never in the history of Nigeria have we had it this bad except in 1983 during the same Buhari's military regime.

Nigeria is crumbling, no light, food prices are skyrocketing, the naira is becoming useless, missing money at the port 169billion, international reputation damaged because Buhari insists on keeping a terror apologist as a minister, the country is divided like never before, at least during the civil war Nigeria was united against the Igbos, but today everyone wants to be free from the middle belt to Yoruba land to Igbo land. Nepotism is the other of the day, you sacked a Fulani Muslim and you put another Muslim. Nigerians have been muzzled into silence just like in 1983, nobody can talk because of the fear of Buhari the dictator, you dare not speak. We would continue to speak.

Shame on our fathers and mothers that were born during the Buhari military regime and still went ahead to vote for him, me and my family didn't because my parents already knew the man was failure and is still a failure I would use the words of Asari Dokubo.. They never leave you now ... Here are some of Buhari's disastrous policies during his regime as a military president

Freedom of speech restricted: According to Decree Number 2 of 1984, the state security and the chief of staff were given the power to detain, without charges, individuals deemed to be a security risk to the state for up to three months. Strikes and popular demonstrations were banned and Nigeria's security agency, the National Security Organization (NSO) was entrusted with unprecedented powers. The NSO played a wide role in the cracking down of public dissent by intimidating, harassing, and jailing individuals who broke the interdiction on strikes. By October 1984, about 200,000 civil servants were retrenched. Buhari mounted an offensive against entrenched interests.

Freedom of speech restricted 2:In 1984, Buhari passed Decree Number 4, the Protection Against False Accusations Decree, considered by scholars as the most repressive press law ever enacted in Nigeria. Section 1 of the law provided that "Any person who publishes in any form, whether written or otherwise, any message, rumor, report or statement which is false in any material particular or which brings or is calculated to bring the Federal Military Government or the Government of a state or public officer to ridicule or disrepute, shall be guilty of an offense under this Decree".[The law further stated that offending journalists and publishers will be tried by an open military tribunal, whose ruling would be final and unappealable in any court and those found guilty would be eligible for a fine, not less than 10,000 nairas and a jail sentence of up to two years

Economics: On 7 May 1984, Buhari announced the country's 1984 National Budget. The budget came with a series of complementary measures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhYIEZf3CrY

https://www.biafranboys.org/buhari-can-leopard-change-its-spots
Re: Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by Mokason288(m): 9:27pm On May 24, 2021
grin
Re: Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by fenibak: 9:29pm On May 24, 2021
A temporary ban on recruiting federal public sector workers

Raising of Interest rates

Halting Capital Projects

Prohibition of borrowing by state governments

15 percent cut from Shagari's 1983 Budget

Realignment of import duties

Reducing the balance of payment deficit by cutting imports

It also gave priority to the importation of raw materials and spare parts that were needed for agriculture and industry.

Other economic measures by Buhari took the form of countertrade, currency change, a price reduction of goods and services. His economic policies did not earn him the legitimacy of the masses due to the rise in inflation and the use of military might to continue to push many policies blamed for the rise in food prices.

Social calamity: One of the most enduring legacies of the Buhari government has been the War Against Indiscipline (WAI). Launched on 20 March 1984, the policy tried to address the perceived lack of public morality and civic responsibility of Nigerian society. Unruly Nigerians were ordered to form neat queues at bus stops, under the eyes of whip-wielding soldiers. Civil servants who failed to show up on time at work were humiliated and forced to do "frog jumps". Minor offenses carried long sentences. Any student over the age of 17 caught cheating on an exam would get 21 years in prison. Counterfeiting and arson could lead to the death penalty.

Famine:In 1985, prompted by economic uncertainties and a rising crime rate, the government of Buhari opened the borders (closed since April 1984) with Benin, Niger, Chad, and Cameroon to speed up the expulsion of 700,000 illegal foreigners and illegal migrant workers. Buhari is today known for this crisis; there even is a famine in the east of Niger that has been named "El Buhari". [/b]His regime drew criticism from many, including Nigeria's first Nobel Prize winner [b]Wole Soyinka, who, in 2007, wrote a piece called "The Crimes of Buhari" which outlined many of the abuses conducted under his military rule
Corruption: During his tenure as Federal Commissioner of Petroleum and Natural Resources, US$2.8 billion allegedly went missing from the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in Midlands Bank in the United Kingdom. General Ibrahim Babangida later allegedly accused Buhari of being responsible for this fraud.

However, in the conclusion of the Crude Oil Sales Tribunal of Inquiry headed by Justice Ayo Irikefe to investigate allegations of 2.8 billion Dollars misappropriation from the NNPC account, the tribunal found no truth in the allegations even though it noticed some lapses in the NNPC accounts

corruption/nepotism:53 suitcases saga, Buhari's administration was embroiled in a scandal concerning the fate of 53 suitcases with unknown contents. The suitcases were being transported by the Emir of Gwandu, whose son was Buhari's aide-de-camp, and were cleared through customs on 10 June 1984 without inspection during his return flight from Saudi Arabia.

Religious bigot: Sharia in Nigeria Previously, Buhari gave his support for the total implementation of Sharia in the country.He was quoted in 2001 as saying, "I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria", he then added: "God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country." Buhari has denied all allegations that he has a radical Islamist agenda. On 6 January 2015, Buhari said: "Because they can't attack our record, they accuse me falsely of ethnic jingoism; they accuse me falsely of religious fundamentalism. Because they cannot attack our record, they accuse us falsely of calling for election violence – when we have only insisted on peace. Even as Head of State, we never imposed Shariah."

Support for Boko haram: Mediation with Boko Haram,In 2012, Buhari's name was included on a list published by Boko Haram of individuals it would trust to mediate between the group and the Federal Government. However, Buhari strongly objected and declined to mediate between the government and Boko Haram. In 2013, Muhammadu Buhari made a series of statements, when he asked the Federal Government to stop the killing of Boko Haram members and blamed the rise of the terrorist group on the prevalence of Niger Delta militants in the South. Buhari stated that "what is responsible for the security situation in the country is caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants The Niger Delta militants started it all, He also questioned the special treatment including close to $500 million a year paid to 30,000 militants under the amnesty program since 2013 by the Federal Government and deplored the fact that Boko Haram members were killed and their houses destroyed

Liar: Abolishing the office of the first lady,In December 2014, Muhammadu Buhari went on the record to say he would abolish the office of the First Lady if he was elected as President, claiming it was unconstitutional

Since assuming the presidency on 29 May 2015, Buhari has yet to terminate the office of the First Lady. Aisha Buhari operates from the office of the First Lady as "wife of the President"

So guys with everything you see about Buhari tell me why Buhari should not have been banned from holding political office in Nigeria, the man destroyed Nigeria before and he did it again and I must conclude and say a leopard can never change even if you paint the spots, they still remain the same.
Re: Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by EricBloodAxe: 9:32pm On May 24, 2021
2023 still far. By this time next year Nigerian population will reduce to like 100million people because hardship, poverty, hunger, terrorism and Buhari body odour will finish half the population of the country.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by fenibak: 9:40pm On May 24, 2021
EricBloodAxe:
2023 still far. By this time next year Nigerian population will reduce to like 100million people because hardship, poverty, hunger, terrorism and Buhari body odour will finish half the population of the country.

maybe even 50million
Re: Buhari: Can A Leopard Change Its Spots(photo) by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 24, 2021
eee

(1) (Reply)

Indians, Americans Support NIGERIA Twitter Ban - Read Comments / #100daysinoffice:gov Akeredolu Commissions Ultra-modern Piggery In Ondo / The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.