Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future (549 Views)

After Osun, Opposition Parties Will Go Into 2023 Elections With High Hopes / Nigeria: Mega-Gas Project Is Raising Hopes For More Gas Exports For Europe / Biafra: I Am Not Fighting Any Tribe But Freedom For My People-Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2021
Okay, guys and gals - I have bashed Fulani herdsmen, Yoruba head slammers, Buhari ( grin ) and other ethnic bigots and terrorist sympathisers. Now it is time to bash my own people and yes, I mean my own Igbo people.

1. I hate it when we Igbos say we are the best and most superior. We are not!! Yes, we have very good qualities that are worthy of emulation but these do not make us superior to other ethnic groups. All ethnic groups have their own positive peculiarities.

2. We are too head strong, me included, which is why I think we had no kings. We need to allow other people make their point and reason with them before jumping to conclusions based on preconceived notions. Just shut up and listen to other people’s opinions and maybe you will learn a thing or two

3. Money? $$$$$$$$$$ And guess what, we were not always like this. In the past we worked very hard and we became wealthy and prosperous, but this is very different to the unhealthy lust we have today for money at all costs. I know the majority of us at home and abroad work very hard , and make money genuinely, but there is a reasonable minority that will KILL and MURDER and DECAPITATE their own kin for money , money what will not last long and for a life that is very short. When you make money a god you have dehumanised yourself.

4. Igbos are not JEWS. Just STOP, we are full blooded 100% BLACK AFRICANS. To keep parroting this crap about a fallacious Jewish heritage creates the impression that we are ashamed of our real heritage and by inference insulting our ancestors. Yes we have a lot in common with Jews; hardworking, innovative, tough, resilient and we practise circumcision etc, however these traits do not make us Jewish.

5. We are not united. Igbos have to work together for the common good of all and put aside differences and selfish ambition for power and the acquisition of material possessions. Let us put the health and wealth of all our people first before our own interests.

6. Too much international crime, again by a reasonable minority doing all sorts of evil such as drug dealing, human trafficking, kidnapping and other vices. When you cause pain and misery to others to accumulate little wealth that you will leave behind when you die, don’t forget that your children will reap the curses for your evil and you may even die young. Crime does not pay.

7. You cannot all be at the top; some must be leaders and others followers. Be humble and you will be promoted, be proud and you will be disgraced.

8. Bragging and boasting. I hate people who brag and boast. If you work hard and make money, enjoy it quietly and help others, stop showing off and bragging to people who do not have, or they will hate you. Stop boasting about how many cars you have and how many millions of dollars you make. All your wealth could disappear in a second or you could die tomorrow and leave it all behind; then what will you tell God? Rather give glory to God, enjoy your wealth, help others, and improve your community.

If we can fix all these issues of which I am partly guilty excluding the crime element, Biafra will be a heaven on earth.

FYI - I am an ardent supporter of our great leader Nnamdi Kanu and we will surely get to the promised land. Biafra will be crime free and a very prosperous nation.

2 Likes

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by chatinent: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Last time I checked, talk was still cheap.

3 Likes

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by heniford2: 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
All this thing you said are nonsense the only one I feel is true its we are prideful chai Nah mehn dika we sabi boast and I feel that's why we are been hated by all tribe igbo is bigger than every other tribe in Nigeria crime forget oh we no dey commit crime to compare to others oh just that we have government with loud mouth we are jews believe it or not nwanne!! We are jews straight from Israel, another is igbos are united have you traveled out before if you have travel out you will know igbos are united and one the say you don't value what you have till you miss it the only thing we need right know is Biafra and we will surely get it by peace or by blood anyway we most get it that's the only solution to all our problems

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by DevilsEqual(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2021
Its one reason why I strongly detest tribalism because in the end,every tribes has it's own strength and weakness

We are first humans full with imperfections but this ethnicity stuff divides us into groups

2 Likes

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Praxis758: 12:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
This writeup further convince me that there are always people with godly conscience in every bankrupt gathering.

The OP was fully on point but I won't be surprised if some Igbos started abusing him, distancing themselves from him and casting him persona-non-granta.

This is a medicinal truth but children of lies and hate will try to pull it down.

4 Likes

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by 9jalyte: 12:20pm On Jun 19, 2021
God bless you. And to add that we find it difficult to accept criticism. But my greatest fear is that we are beginning to identity crises, like you rightly mentioned, we are Igbos and not Jews for goodness sake! What is it about the very tribalistic and selfish Jews that we find so attractive that we rubbish our own God given identity.

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2021
Op just nailed it ! That's Igbo people for you; don't look any farther !
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Idiko1: 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:
Okay, guys and gals - I have bashed Fulani herdsmen, Yoruba head slammers, Buhari ( grin ) and other ethnic bigots and terrorist sympathisers. Now it is time to bash my own people and yes, I mean my own Igbo people.

1. I hate it when we Igbos say we are the best and most superior. We are not!! Yes, we have very good qualities that are worthy of emulation but these do not make us superior to other ethnic groups. All ethnic groups have their own positive peculiarities.

2. We are too head strong, me included, which is why I think we had no kings. We need to allow other people make their point and reason with them before jumping to conclusions based on preconceived notions. Just shut up and listen to other people’s opinions and maybe you will learn a thing or two

3. Money? $$$$$$$$$$ And guess what, we were not always like this. In the past we worked very hard and we became wealthy and prosperous, but this is very different to the unhealthy lust we have today for money at all costs. I know the majority of us at home and abroad work very hard , and make money genuinely, but there is a reasonable minority that will KILL and MURDER and DECAPITATE their own kin for money , money what will not last long and for a life that is very short. When you make money a god you have dehumanised yourself.

4. Igbos are not JEWS. Just STOP, we are full blooded 100% BLACK AFRICANS. To keep parroting this crap about a fallacious Jewish heritage creates the impression that we are ashamed of our real heritage and by inference insulting our ancestors. Yes we have a lot in common with Jews; hardworking, innovative, tough, resilient and we practise circumcision etc, however these traits do not make us Jewish.

5. We are not united. Igbos have to work together for the common good of all and put aside differences and selfish ambition for power and the acquisition of material possessions. Let us put the health and wealth of all our people first before our own interests.

6. Too much international crime, again by a reasonable minority doing all sorts of evil such as drug dealing, human trafficking, kidnapping and other vices. When you cause pain and misery to others to accumulate little wealth that you will leave behind when you die, don’t forget that your children will reap the curses for your evil and you may even die young. Crime does not pay.

7. You cannot all be at the top; some must be leaders and others followers. Be humble and you will be promoted, be proud and you will be disgraced.

8. Bragging and boasting. I hate people who brag and boast. If you work hard and make money, enjoy it quietly and help others, stop showing off and bragging to people who do not have, or they will hate you. Stop boasting about how many cars you have and how many millions of dollars you make. All your wealth could disappear in a second or you could die tomorrow and leave it all behind; then what will you tell God? Rather give glory to God, enjoy your wealth, help others, and improve your community.

If we can fix all these issues of which I am partly guilty excluding the crime element, Biafra will be a heaven on earth.

FYI - I am an ardent supporter of our great leader Nnamdi Kanu and we will surely get to the promised land. Biafra will be crime free and a very prosperous nation.

On the bolded, I really do not know if you are Igbo or not. However Ndigbo do not come and shout they are superior to anybody. However Ndigbo will never accept being inferior to anybody born of a woman. In addition, the work ethics of Ndigbo seem to attract suggestive phrases from detractors who are driven by envy.

Bragging and boasting are not limited to any ethnic nationality in the shithole called Nigeria. It is idiotic to claim such for your ethnicity. The recent showoff shown among Ndigbo is homed to those who were raised in Lagos or elsewhere distanced from Igboland.

6 Likes

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

[s]2. We are too head strong, me included, which is why I think we had no kings. We need to allow other people make their point and reason with them before jumping to conclusions based on preconceived notions. Just shut up and listen to other people’s opinions and maybe you will learn a thing or two
[/s]

I am not interested in other Jargons which I didn't read but no 2 caught my attention.

Igbos have kings. Igbo nwere Eze. Before the arrival of white men many igbo towns already have an organised kingship system that is hereditary till today.

That your community doesn't have kings or littered with ezes in every automous street doesn't transcend to others. That your community started enjoying warrant chiefs as kings doesn't apply to others.

Many Igbo towns have kings before anything called white men or colonizers stepped foot in Igboland and the kingship remains strong and hereditary till this day.....Igbo nwere Eze...Igbos have kings.

When Ignorance is allowed to fester for a long time it automatically becomes a norm.... Igbo nwere Eze.
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I am not interested in other Jargons which I didn't read but no 2 caught my attention.

Igbos have kings. Igbo needed Eze. Before the arrival of white men many igbo towns already have an organised kingship system that is hereditary till today.

That your community doesn't have kings or littered with ezes in every automous street doesn't transcend to others. That your community started enjoying warrant chiefs as kings doesn't apply to others.

Many Igbo towns have kings before anything called white men or colonizers stepped foot in Igboland and the kingship remains strong and hereditary till this day.....Igbo nwere Eze...Igbos have kings.

When Ignorance is allowed to fester for a long time it automatically becomes a norm.... Igbo nwere Eze.

Is this man your nemesis ? The man who causes your emirs, kings and sultan to shake and tremble with fear ? May your hate and nightmares multiply - AMEN. cool

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

So Obi of Onitsha is not a king abi?
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

Is this man your nemesis ? The man who causes your emirs, kings and sultan to shake and tremble with fear ? May your hate and nightmares multiply - AMEN. cool

I have corrected no 2 before you all go about dishing ignorance to the public.

Igbos have kings. Igbo needed Eze. Before the arrival of white men many igbo towns already have an organised kingship system that is hereditary till today.

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2021
Juliusmalema:

I have corrected no 2 before you all go about dishing ignorance to the public.

Igbos have no kings, fact.

Enjoy your nemesis Ehi

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by SlayerForever: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
We are just assertive that's all.
We are proud of our culture that's all.
Being gifted means we also have the most criminally minded individuals around. It's all part of being a top tribe.

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
So Obi of Onitsha is not a king abi?

Pls overlook these guys. Nothing good comes from anyone supporting Nnamdi Kanu.

Imagine such nonsense that Igbos have no kings. That will tell you how far they digest all forms of ignorance and fakery from Kanu.

Well I have corrected that before he goes about tainting Igbos with such.
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Elporo(m): 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2021
Thought this one was a bit normal but nope .. he just took a detour.. still ended up at craycrayville ala ibo
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

Enjoy your nemesis Ehi

From your last sentence it is obvious your community has no king.

You guys goes about on internet space trying to misinform the public and some might mistakenly swallow such hook, line and sinker not knowing it is a false assumption by people who have no pre historic data to lean on.

Shame.....They only lean on igbo to escape their bad histories.
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by PrudencyFeats: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
This Op is vsry stupid.

Either an Afonja or a Lagos breed Igbo
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Elporo(m): 12:48pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

Enjoy your nemesis Ehi

The South East has 3 first class kings including the Obi of prosperous Onitsha in supreme Anambra state.
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Mangekyo: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Op just described the average igbo man.
Also, don't forget to add that they're a very toxic people

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 19, 2021
Mangekyo:
Op just described the average igbo man.
Also, don't forget to add that they're a very toxic people

Nope, it is a generalisation submitted to help with improvement. The most toxic, primitve and backward groups in Nigeria are ;

1. Fulani terrorists and herdsmen
2. Islamic Jihadists
3 .Yoruba headslammers
4. A few Niger Delta property thieves
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Elliot2(m): 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2021
YouWillNotWin:

All what you said are valid. But they are still very much positive features of the igbos.
*In fact, those are the reasons why I love the Igbos even though I am not Igbo but Ijaw. From my painful experiences, I should have been the number one haters of igbos because I have been cheated on by igbos. I remember how I was constantly cheated on by this igbo shoe seller who was always selling very fake shoes for me at very high prices. It continued until my friend was able to tell me how to spot a fake shoe. When I again went to the wicked igbo guy and he brought similar fake shoe, I just looked at him and shook my head, went straight to the shoe stands, picked the original and gave him an amount lower than the price of the shoe. When he protested, I then told him how he has been cheating me for so long. It was at that moment he told me truly he had been giving me substandard shoes for expensive price. He then told me to be always street wise. That lesson I now carry anywhere I go– to be street wise. Even though, what most Igbo men do by cheating others is very wrong, we must at all time learn to be wise. It is in human nature to take advantage of others, so u must be wise. Not even the whiteman will be truthful with you if you are always naive. And that is why the whiteman continues to cheat the blackman because we are always naive.
*I think the crazy love of money by the igbos may have come about as a result of the civil war and the meagre £20 pounds they were given after the war. The pursuit to survive the harsh igbo economic reality the wicked nigeria caused the them may have contributed. It is one survival battle they have gone too far with,though. And it will take a well structured Biafran govt and leadership to address it. Efforts must be made to kill that excessive love of money through dubious means. They need a Biafra where the group properity is exhalted above individual wealth, and money is not a symbol of wealth but but legal services.

1 Like

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Almaigaa: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2021
Nice one.
But IPOB will soon come for your head. They will call you Afonja. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Almaigaa: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2021
PrudencyFeats:
This Op is vsry stupid.

Either an Afonja or a Lagos breed Igbo

Kikikikikikikkkkkikikiki. I said it. They will soon call him Afonja grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by bigpriik: 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2021
There is no perfect tribe bro,if you live in the west you will see the yoruba bad side.
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Whiteangel1234: 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2021
Afonja Muslim spotted
Re: The Things I Hate About My Own Tribe But Still Have High Hopes For The Future by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 19, 2021
Whiteangel1234:
Afonja Muslim spotted

What does Afonja mean ?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bandits Kidnap Dozens Of Travellers Along Kaduna–kachia Road / Notice Of Ireland Protest By IPOB / The Two Tall Yoruba Thrones Presented To The Queen Of England 1956.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.