Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,807 members, 7,844,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) (25296 Views)

Peter Mbah Shuns Innoson Uses Hyundai As state Patrol Vehicles (pictures) / Cultists, Hoodlums Burnt Alive In Awka, Anambra (Graphic Photos) / See How NBMA Spent N170m On 5 Vehicles, N164m On Laboratory, N30m On Computers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) by LaReinaa(f): 11:28am On May 25, 2021
nzeobi:
Two police stations were targeted today and instead of probing why such a thing happened you are more interested in playing ostrich.

And why has the problem at ile epo not made front page today
Because it involved a segment of Nigeria that’s untouchable.. ndiara cheesy
Re: Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) by ibawon(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2021
Cars were burnt,but the station? No it wasn't

Re: Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) by Twob: 12:31pm On May 25, 2021
powerfulguy:

https://twitter.com/LagosPoliceng/status/1396912537736781825?s=19

https://twitter.com/mr_jags/status/1396889018571313159?s=21

A monumental lie from the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE!

That's my axis, I walked along the station yesterday's night while returning from work. The police station front the security house was burnt seriously (... saw it with my eyes)by angry mob. An eye witness while I was passing by told me that police officers on patrol chased an Okada rider until the rider crash against an oncoming trailer and died instantly. This then led into anger and mass action by angry mob and fellow Okada riders. It was an army of soldiers that came to the rescue of this police officers in the station and the police station itself of which the security post in front of main buildings already set ablaze.

Major points to note:
*NPF lies
*NPF didn't talk about the cause of commotion
*an officer chased and Okada man till crashed with trailer and died
*part of the station set ablaze (frontal part from main gate)
Soldiers came to their rescue, shooting sporadically to chase away mob and stopped further burning
*police officers on duty sought refuge under NA officers
*If everywhere is not dark tonight, I will snap the burnt parts of the station and post it online

Re: Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) by pacespot(m): 1:23pm On May 25, 2021
ivolt:

Skyscrapers aren't cheap. Your "hundreds of thousands of citizens" can't afford them.
If you mean the government should build and give them out freely, at whose expense?
Skyscrapers didn't even solve the New York homeless problem. Tens of thousands are on the street.

What about public and private partnership, nobody is going to rent the skyscraper as a whole, each skyscraper can have up to 500 apartments or above, and then the stardards for the apartments can also vary. Mind you, the cost of building one skyscraper with 500 apartments is far lesser than the costs of building each apartment as a separate building. This is conserving Lagos lands for more industrial uses. I bet you things will get to this level in years to come when government will have to demolish residential houses, even big mansions in exclusive areas like lekki, ikoyi, even banana island, to free more space for industrial settlements. Lagos is a commercial city unlike other cities in the country, because it gives Nigeria access to sea. So land grabbing is not advisable in such a place for individuals, high-rise buildings like skyscrapers are often used to contain influx of traffic in such a city, a situation where you can have up to hundreds of companies in just one building. Those who are acquiring lands in Lagos and building mansions now will face this reality about decades to come. It is good to go to a remote area to build your mansion there. The development of Lagos should mirror that of New York, Hong Kong or Tokyo. When Nigeria becomes an industrialized economy, you will see that the current traffic in Lagos is nothing compared to those cities I've mentioned.
Re: Ibeju-Lekki Police station Was not Burnt, Hoodlums Burnt 5 Vehicles (Pictures) by slimanyd: 2:49pm On May 25, 2021
nzeobi:
Two police stations were targeted today and instead of probing why such a thing happened you are more interested in playing ostrich.

And why has the problem at ile epo not made front page today

Since its not from an opposittio states like Oyo state. You could reason that any negative news from Oyo state always hit front page just with 2 comments just for political gains from the mods that have been bribed to spread fud about opposition states.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayu dares Wike: Nobody Will Sack Me As PDP Chairman / 2023: Onanuga Urge Buhari To Repay Tinubu's Support, Atiku's Aide Replies / Buhari Neglected Utomi, Falae, Ezekwesili For ‘mosquito Economic Team’ – Fasheun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.