Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,117 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street (9940 Views)

Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler / RATTAWU Receives Palliatives From Enugu Government / Ebelechukwu Obiano Rehabilitates Ernest Asuzu (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 6:54am On May 25, 2021
OKKO:

Brother the road you described is terrible and bad ever since 2 decades and half I have been passing there.

It is an example of failure of Federal Government in SE. I don't think we have upto 5 federal roads passing Enugu State. All of them are like that. That is Enugu -9th mile - Makurdi Road. It was awarded for dualization in i

You know that road very well. I am sure the state government can wade in to ensure the road is fixed.

Brother, they started work on that road around late 2019/early 2020 and suddenly they stopped.

I pity those that ply that road everyday mostly the villagers.

I hope to pass there one day during the day so I can get pictures for the world to see.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by OKKO(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Ive seen the excuse you have for ornamental trees� �
I’m waiting for the excuse you have to make for road markings

Chiarman, try not to interfere heavily on reports on a place you don't know. Enugu will pass for a city with ornamental trees, road markings, street lights, and traffic lights. They were installed and maintained in relevant places since the administration of Sullivan Chime.

We are still describing a street in a state capital in Nigeria, not in South Africa, Europe or North America. If your own state capital is like Enugu then Nigeria is having a facelift.
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by lasisi69(f): 7:04am On May 25, 2021
favour32:

Nitwit!
cool
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by Solsix(m): 7:05am On May 25, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Ive seen the excuse you have for ornamental trees� �
I’m waiting for the excuse you have to make for road markings
Take a chill pill, the road is till understand construction, as u can see the alsphalt is just being laid. Markings are done after construction
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by 8stargeneral: 7:08am On May 25, 2021
Afor opi Market road leading to ekwegbe need to be rehabilitated too,d road is death zone..We're expecting u Mr governor to do something on that road.
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by majamajic(m): 7:15am On May 25, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
White markings, none
Street light, none
Trees? None planted

Just ordinary asphalt and shoddy job concluded!

White marking inside Nigeria street ?

Which state are u from ?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by Nobody: 7:17am On May 25, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
White markings, none
Street light, none
Trees? None planted

Just ordinary asphalt and shoddy job concluded!
that's one of the problem we have with Nigeria contractors... They built roads like we are still in 80s...

Soon the road will have sand at both ends

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by mrvitalis(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2021
dettolgel:
Nice one from the governor but seriously the roads in Enugu states more especially the streets need rehabilitation.

Your excellence you should look at one of the worst roads in Enugu, which is the old Nsukka road that runs from 9th mile through Abor, Ukana down through Umulugbe.

Only the Abor part of the road that is motorable ( maybe it is because of the Njieze's) after that the remaining part of the road is a nightmare.

I feel for the villages along that road, it seems successive governments have neglected them. A times I wonder whether they have anyone from that axis that works with the governor?

I have not used that road for a long time since I finished school and left the east. Until last year that business brought me back to Enugu.
I passed through that road last year, the road was scrapped and all of a sudden work stopped. The road has been abandoned, I passed through same road last week because I was trying to avoid the Fulani around Egede at late evening.

Rumor has it that Senator Ike Ekweremadu diverted the work to build the road leading to his inlaw village.

For the avoidance of doubt next time I am going to Nsukka I will use the same road and get pictures.
That's a federal road sir
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by stasius: 7:35am On May 25, 2021
He should rehabilitate Ochumba Street too.

Ochumba to Kenneth Road via Osumenyi Street also needs rehabilitation. Thank you Mr Governor.!
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by senchibi: 8:08am On May 25, 2021
chimezieeze98:
Great job...... But there are many more roads like that along Agbani road. One I am aware of is Umuchu Street
Hmmm. Oga you dey stay my area oo. Umuchu is a caused place. Since the construction of roads, namely ozala street, Achina street , even the road down to idodo , they have refused to touch umuchu down to mount / akwihead market. The present Govt isn't doing anything to help that side
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by Joel3(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2021
When will they visit airport fly over junction, freeword and upkologu
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by ZUBY77(m): 9:08am On May 25, 2021
Etudo is less than 1 km. Aren't you pigs ashamed ?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by IGBOSON1: 9:48am On May 25, 2021
Omanambala:
Nice but can they plant some trees on the street sides. The place look completely dry.

That Governor is just too local! Even the Abia Governor -with all his faults- has better class than him!

What stops them doing a world-class job: fix the street and include sidewalks over covered gutters, as well as plant the trees you mentioned!?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by IGBOSON1: 9:50am On May 25, 2021
Grgton:
that's one of the problem we have with Nigeria contractors... They built roads like we are still in 80s...

Soon the road will have sand at both ends

....with the gutters packed with filth!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by IGBOSON1: 10:00am On May 25, 2021
OKKO:

Do you know where the road is to start with?
It is an inner street road with residential building at both sides of the drianage. Do you pull down a house to plant the trees?

What business do a road that terminate into people's houses have with a traffic road sign?

Are you sure the equivalent of this road in your state is ever asphalted?

You're just looking for excuses!

Even if there was space, they wouldn't plant trees! This Governor isn't particularly known for his green credentials!
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by EMMY76: 10:24am On May 25, 2021
Constructing street roads without drainage in this 21st century?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by citn: 11:13am On May 25, 2021
You People will not understand what we have passed through for more than 10 years of abandonment. All Thanks to His Excellency Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Gburugburu).
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by citn: 11:17am On May 25, 2021
@ Emmy76 pls do not say what you are not sure. Drainage are there.
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by heniford2: 1:38pm On May 25, 2021
ZUBY77:
Etudo is less than 1 km. Aren't you pigs ashamed ?
if you see this road the said they built you will cry out loud it has started having pot hoes in it
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by Rossiminku: 3:06pm On May 25, 2021
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - PEDESTRIAN SIDEWALKS AND COVERED DRAINS WERE NOT DONE, AND NOBODY EVEN RAISED AN EYEBROW.

SOME TALKING RUBBISH ABOUT PLANTING TREES AND ROAD MARKINGS.

WHAT DIFFERENCE WILL TREES AND MARKINGS MAKE WHEN PEOPLE STILL HAVE TO WALK ON THE ROAD MEANT FOR CARS WHILE DODGING STINKING OPEN GUTTERS?

WE THE PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW THE RIGHT THINGS WE NEED.
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 5:57pm On May 25, 2021
mrvitalis:

That's a federal road sir

Are you saying that the state can't impress on the power that be to do something about it?

Please who started the rehabilitation early last year and why did they stop? Any idea?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by mrvitalis(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2021
dettolgel:

Are you saying that the state can't impress on the power that be to do something about it?

Please who started the rehabilitation early last year and why did they stop? Any idea?
Buhari government look like a government that care about igbos ?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 25, 2021
IGBOSON1:

That Governor is just too local! Even the Abia Governor -with all his faults- has better class than him!

What stops them doing a world-class job: fix the street and include sidewalks over covered gutters, as well as plant the trees you mentioned!?

Mind kwanu your business for once. Oochim.
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 8:25pm On May 27, 2021
mrvitalis:

Buhari government look like a government that care about igbos ?

These project : Umulungbe-Umuoka-Amokwu Ikedimkpe Egede-Ojieyi Awhum Road C/No.6459 was awarded in 2018 at the of 6.2bn but as we speak nothing has been done about it.

If I may ask do you know the government handle on twitter that I can raise this issue with for clarification?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by mrvitalis(m): 8:27pm On May 27, 2021
dettolgel:

These project : Umulungbe-Umuoka-Amokwu Ikedimkpe Egede-Ojieyi Awhum Road C/No.6459 was awarded in 2018 at the of 6.2bn but as we speak nothing has been done about it.

If I may ask do you know the government handle on twitter that I can raise this issue with for clarification?
Award is different from cash realesed
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 8:38pm On May 28, 2021
mrvitalis:

Award is different from cash realesed

Please pardon my ignorance, but this where my question comes in again. Can't our elected representative impress on the FG to release this fund? We have senators and representatives what are their jobs?
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by mrvitalis(m): 8:39pm On May 28, 2021
dettolgel:

Please pardon my ignorance, but this where my question comes in again. Can't our elected representative impress on the FG to release this fund? We have senators and representatives what are their jobs?
Our elected officials pressed them to include south east in the $22 billion loan they were ingnnored

Nigeria is structure in such a way that someone who is president that hate a tribe can completely marginalize them
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 12:45am On May 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

Our elected officials pressed them to include south east in the $22 billion loan they were ingnnored

Nigeria is structure in such a way that someone who is president that hate a tribe can completely marginalize them

I don't know what conversations have been going on between the state and FG. But it seems the governors of SE are either complacent or their is something FG is holding over them.

For example, Fashola and Amaechi were vocal about what they wanted for their states during the time of GEJ.

Nwike and Ortom seems to be vocal about the plight of their people. But our governors are just docile, are they banking on the North supporting their presidential ambition? We all know that won't happen. Why can't them be at the fore front of demanding from the government what is due their states.

The issue of not being included in the 22 billion dollar loan is different from making fuse about a project that was budgeted for.

I am sure if we dig well you will be surprised that the fund for the rehabilitation of the road has been released.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by mrvitalis(m): 6:04am On May 29, 2021
dettolgel:

I don't know what conversations have been going on between the state and FG. But it seems the governors of SE are either complacent or their is something FG is holding over them.

For example, Fashola and Amaechi were vocal about what they wanted for their states during the time of GEJ.

Nwike and Ortom seems to be vocal about the plight of their people. But our governors are just docile, are they banking on the North supporting their presidential ambition? We all know that won't happen. Why can't them be at the fore front of demanding from the government what is due their states.

The issue of not being included in the 22 billion dollar loan is different from making fuse about a project that was budgeted for.

I am sure if we dig well you will be surprised that the fund for the rehabilitation of the road has been released.
And what did fashola and ameachi get them

Have J's woke and ortom gotten now
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by celeiyke: 6:07am On May 29, 2021
Omanambala:
Nice but can they plant some trees on the street sides. The place look completely dry.

No space for that there
Re: Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street by dettolgel: 7:27am On May 29, 2021
mrvitalis:

And what did fashola and ameachi get them

Have J's woke and ortom gotten now

So the best option is for our governors to keep mute?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Videos And Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bauchi / My Politics, My Life, My Joy, By Lamidi Adedibu / Lagos Bans Hawking By Children During School Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.