Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler (11360 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Suspends Daily Ticket Levy On Tricycles & Minibuses / Enugu Government Rehabilitates Intractable Etudo/Awkunanaw Street / APC Rivers State Suspends Amaechi And Others. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by OEPHIUS(m): 4:14am On Oct 06, 2021
Enugu govt suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler

The Enugu State government has withdrawn the Certificate of Recognition of Igwe Anthony Ogbodo Okorie as the Traditional Ruler of Amechi Awkunanaw Autonomous Community in Enugu South Local Government Area of the state, over the unfortunate breakdown of law and order in the community.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Chieftaincy Matters, Dr. Charles O. C. Egumgbe, the state government condemned the persistent crisis pervading Amechi Awkunanaw Community, and expressed dismay that “attempts at bringing peace to the community have been stone-walled”.

Dr. Egumgbe told suspended Igwe Okorie that law and order have indisputably broken down in his community leading to injuries to persons and property, stressing that “the situation if not checked may exacerbate the present security challenges in our land”.

The Commissioner pointed out that the actions and inactions of Okorie in the crisis were inconsistent with section 15 (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), (i) and (j) of the Traditional Rulers Law Cap 141, Revised Laws of Enugu State 2004.

“In consequence therefore, and pursuant to section 10 (a) and (b) of the Traditional Rulers Laws, Cap 141, Revised Laws of Enugu State 2004, the Government of Enugu State has suspended your recognition as the Igwe and Traditional Ruler of Amechi Awkunanaw Autonomous Community, Enugu South Local Government Area of Enugu State this Tuesday, October 5, 2021”, Dr. Egumgbe said, adding: “Take notice that your suspension shall subsist pending the conclusion of investigations and aftermath”.

#EnuguStateIsInTheHandsOfGod
#amokelouis

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1536489000027993&id=100010007227700

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Nobody: 4:32am On Oct 06, 2021
Hmm let there be peace in Enugu

4 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Sergio101(m): 4:40am On Oct 06, 2021
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".
See as them dey give order to a whole king cheesy.

In my own town (Agulu), if you see as village wagon mouth people dey insult our king ehh grin cheesy, you will ask yourself who this man is actually ruling.
All of us are Kings in igboland

27 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by karnafiu03(m): 4:42am On Oct 06, 2021
Ungun Known Men grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by wilcox(m): 4:44am On Oct 06, 2021
If this will bring back peace to the community, then it's a good move.
Peace is priceless and terror is senseless, so let's give peace a chance.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by helinues: 4:44am On Oct 06, 2021
The Igwe don use alligator pepper soak garri

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by chuksrandal(m): 4:47am On Oct 06, 2021
See this traditional things, I no understand as Politics carry enter..

I wish the leader was by the selection of the gods.. Shay government wan dey go suspend who chief priest don crown??

Lmao..

12 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by PCG1: 4:47am On Oct 06, 2021
proвleмѕ no dey ғιnιѕн

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by mountmoriah(m): 4:47am On Oct 06, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Hmm let there be peace in Enugu
helinues:
The Igwe don use alligator pepper soak garri
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Karrima: 4:48am On Oct 06, 2021
The only person that needs his certificate of recognition or whatever withdrawn in Enugu state is the useless governor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by munphildusky: 4:50am On Oct 06, 2021
Like it will solve the problem.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Mrkumareze(m): 4:59am On Oct 06, 2021
Was he the one that demolished someone's building recently?

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by elmessiahs(m): 5:06am On Oct 06, 2021
There's is famous saying in Igbo land that "igbo e'wen eze". That gives credence to their acephalous state wherein power is shared and not centralized by a single personality. But the intrusion of colonial imperialist made mockery of the established protocol, that's why today they have something similar to a centralized traditional institution in some places in Igbo land.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Authoreety: 5:28am On Oct 06, 2021
Ok
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by sweetonugbu: 5:34am On Oct 06, 2021
Amaechi and land tussle is 5 and 6
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Poiu11: 5:37am On Oct 06, 2021
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by InvertedHammer: 5:39am On Oct 06, 2021
/
The people are not allowed to choose their king anymore. Whoever is in the good books of the Governor gets a certificate and the king is only answerable to the Governor and not the people. That’s why there is no respect for the kings anymore. They are mere errand boys for the Governor. The Governor will not dethrone them; only a mere Commissioner is saddled with that responsibility. Go figure! And if the Governor is having a bad day, he may elect to divide a town into autonomous communities and hand over certificates to his minions to be the kings.

/
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Cantonese: 5:44am On Oct 06, 2021
Sergio101:
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".

In my own town (Agulu), if you see as village wagon mouth people dey insult our king ehh grin cheesy, you will ask yourself who this man is actually ruling.

“Igbo enwe Eze” and Ganduje removed Sanusi, a first class without stress, talk less of a small king. Igbos need to wake up and stop that yeye talk.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by condralbedez: 5:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Will that bring back peace in the community?
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by caleboxylic: 6:02am On Oct 06, 2021
Mrkumareze:
That one has been suspended too.
He will be prosecuted with his son for illegal possession of arms, armed robbery, Cultism and attempted murder.
Though , investigation and arrest are been carried out by the Police as seen on the media.
His name is Igwe Christopher Okwor

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by phemmie06(m): 6:07am On Oct 06, 2021
He might be too close to his opposition party
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by obyrich(m): 6:12am On Oct 06, 2021
Mrkumareze:
No
Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by Tickles101: 6:15am On Oct 06, 2021
I swear to God with my life
This man na my former landlord
He is a nice man but his wife that parades herself as lolo is wicked and evil.Thank God I started seeing light in my life immediately I packed out from the house
Evil family
Una never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by murphyibiam15(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Sergio101:
Truly "Igbo enwe eze".

That is absolutely nothing to be proud of.

Please what of Emir of kano that was deposed by Ganduje, does it mean the Hausa have no Kings too?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu State Suspends Amechi Awkunanaw Traditional Ruler by MrBanner(m): 6:48am On Oct 06, 2021
Tickles101:
I swear to God with my life
This man na my former landlord
He is a nice man but his wife that parades herself as lolo is wicked and evil.Thank God I started seeing light in my life immediately I packed out from the house
Evil family
Una never see anything

He's a nice man, but you started seeing light after you moved out. "Evil Family".

Help me reconcile all this?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC REC Attack: APC Calls For Immediate Arrest Of Kogi SDP Guber Candidate / Police Arrests Donald Duke- Must They Arrest Like This? / Ojudu, Others Remain Suspended - Ekiti APC Disagrees With National Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.