Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero (848 Views)

Osun Tribunal: I Didn’t Forge Certificate, School Made Mistake – Adeleke / FG! Made in Nigeria Peanut coating machine (Photos) at N70,000 / FFK: "Buhari Begged Like A Baby, Obasanjo Made Mistake By Not Jailing Buhari" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by themomentng: 6:59am On May 25, 2021
The appointment of embattled Managing Director of Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), Hadiza Bala Usman has been described as one of the grevious mistakes of the Buhari administration by a leading licensed customs agent, Lucky Amiwero.

He said she lacks work experience and that places she had worked before coming to NPA never qualified her for such assignment of national economic significance.

Amiwero who is President of National Council of Managing Directors of Licensed Customs Agents (NCMDLCA) said Hadiza was thrown up for the sensitive assignment by virtue of political patronage without experience or knowledge about such critical national assets, saying she is unfit for the job.

Speaking to reporters in a telephone interview, Amiwero added that her management style set the nation’s ports backwards as expectations of becoming a load center, transhipment hub and a preferred port by users were not achieved under Hadiza.

According to Amiwero, managing ports for optimum impacts goes beyond making revenue for government but supporting local and international businesses using the ports to grow international trade.

“You know me for one thing, which is the truth. One of the greatest mistakes the government has made is Hadiza Bala-Usman.

“Because when you look at the whole concept of the port, you will agree she is not fit for the task.

“I have been involved in the port activities for a very long time. I am saying this based on the truth. Hadiza has no experience in the port. Look at people who have been manning the port before Hadiza; people like Sarumi, Gwandu and many more have been in the port before they left.

“Hadiza was brought politically and that destroyed the whole port system. We don't have a working port. Our port system is zero. The components of the port is supposed to be driven on three aspects which was actually designed by the World Bank.

“Firstly, the regulators is supposed to be the Shippers Council, as given to them by the Jonathan administration and solidified by the present dispensation.

“Secondly you look at the engineering aspect of the port itself, which is the land lord function.

“Thirdly the port concessionaires, because if that is not in place, what you will have are lease operators, because their contract is on lease.

“Till now, we don’t have a contract for concessionaires. There is no concession in our port system, but leasing.

“I know this because I am part of the system when it comes to port operations, international trade and reforms in customs. So you have a woman without any experience about the structure and working of an ideal port being in charge.

“The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) is not a regulator, they are service providers, because they are to provide service to take care of the channels, engineering, pilotage and other areas. If you check the law, it is very clear.

‘But what has happened is that Hadiza was brought in politically, and that destroyed the port system completely. The ports are not about politics. If you go round the world, the port system is not politicised. If you don’t have a good port, then you will drown economically

Our port is not to generate revenue as some think and I think the government is making a very big mistake about that.

“The functions of the port authority is to see how to make the ports a load centre, transhipment centre or the preferred port. Are we the load centre, transhipment centre or preferred port? The answer is no

“We are not classified under any of these. Our transhipment is lost. It is been handled by Togo, Benin Republic, Cote d’Ivoire and Ghana” he said.

1 Like

Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Fasindo: 7:04am On May 25, 2021
shocked

Nepotism and tribalism is the oxygen that Buhari breath

All Buhari's key appointments are all mistake.
Buhari himself is even a mistake.
Every decision Buhari has ever taking in his life are all mistake.
The only good decision Buhari has ever made was marrying a beautiful and intelligent woman.

2 Likes

Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by gambia(m): 7:07am On May 25, 2021
Nepotism has finished the country, thanks to the Dullard.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by airminem(f): 7:10am On May 25, 2021
Hadiza appointment was political
gambia:
Nepotism has finished the country, thanks to the Dullard.
smiley uptil this moment, i dont know What was the economic benefits of the border closure for 2years To slap Bukhari dey hungry me walahi angry
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by PrinceOfLagos: 7:11am On May 25, 2021
Almost all Buhari appointees down to his Inlaw are corrupt.

1 Like

Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Obagreatdatoye(m): 7:13am On May 25, 2021
What do u expect from.a dumb fulani president.....northerners are dumb...no organisation as ever flourish under them....the only northerners that have ever performed e.g sanusi and others....are product of southwest education and impartation...
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by TooMuchStuff: 7:17am On May 25, 2021
Na so Fulani brain dey function on a normal

Top dogs role without credentials to meet up is what Fulanis are capable of. Wholesale Theft
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Imsoblessed: 7:17am On May 25, 2021
You don't need work experience to be anything in buharis government. All you need is to Fulani, northern Muslim ,and be a zombie.

1 Like

Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Racoon(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2021
What else if not the counter productive nepotism and ethno-religious supremacist agenda of the Buhari government? Incompetent dumbasses everywhere
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Solsix(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2021
Just like all his appointment, that is why we are moving backwards, the painful thing is that we still have 2 more years of this incompetence to shoved down our throats.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Penguin2: 7:20am On May 25, 2021
Hadiza is never coming back.

Amaechi will finish her off.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by FarahAideed: 7:21am On May 25, 2021
Has he he ever gotten anything right?
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by airminem(f): 7:21am On May 25, 2021
Obagreatdatoye:
What do u expect from.a dumb fulani president.....northerners are dumb...no organisation as ever flourish under them....the only northerners that have ever performed e.g sanusi and others....are product of southwest education and impartation...
Thats generalising a whole region dude. You are going too far on this one. What you say is TRASH
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by chatinent: 7:24am On May 25, 2021
Mehn..
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Nobody: 7:25am On May 25, 2021
Even the current DG NAPTIP ony work as a special adviser to the governor , these positions are sensitive.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by West1side: 7:26am On May 25, 2021
Buhari is indeed a fool.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by XXXXTENTACION: 7:26am On May 25, 2021
Our zombies will not see this news o.....
how this brainless set of animals manage to support the dullard still baffles me. undecided
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by ivolt: 7:26am On May 25, 2021
Just say you lost your privilege under her.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Sunmolar(m): 7:43am On May 25, 2021
It's the nature of a tribe to get their kins employed using federal xaracta whether they're fit or not. But another two major tribes are looking for excellence & merit.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by sammyj: 7:50am On May 25, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Obagreatdatoye(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2021
airminem:
Thats generalising a whole region dude. You are going too far on this one. What you say is TRASH
I hit the nail on the head....you can prove me wrong if you have a valid point....
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by airminem(f): 9:42am On May 25, 2021
Obagreatdatoye:

I hit the nail on the head....you can prove me wrong if you have a valid point....
grin There are many brilliant human beings from the North and you know that. Stop the tribal bigotry by making insensitive comments. We know highest rate of criminality, rituals, et al is located in the South by indigens, specifically Oduduwa nation.
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by slivertongue: 10:32am On May 25, 2021
the appointee himself is a mistake
Re: FG Made Mistake Appointing Hadiza To Head NPA -amiwero by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:36pm On May 25, 2021
airminem:
grin There are many brilliant human beings from the North and you know that. Stop the tribal bigotry by making insensitive comments. We know highest rate of criminality, rituals, et al is located in the South by indigens, specifically Oduduwa nation.
Post their names and let's verify them....

(1) (Reply)

Yola Communities Ready For The June 12 Nationwide Protest Tagged Buhari Must Go / Busted: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Scammer / Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu— El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.