Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel (699 Views)

2023 Election: See The List Of Those Who Laboured In Vain For APC / Ikonso: COAS Hails Troops, Says Death Of Slain Soldiers Not In Vain / Breaking News: APC Waiting To Endorse Sanwo Olu After Gov. Ambode Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by SibaKeAkwaibom: 8:26am On May 25, 2021
APC, WAITING IN VAIN FOR GOV UDOM EMMANUEL

By Umani Uwemedimo

Permit me to begin this brief write-up with a popular slogan which I will rejig my own way inorder to suit the rationale for this piece.
" Udom Emmanuel no be Ben Ayade, so Uyo no be Calabar."

Shortly after the defection of Governor Benedict Ayade, governor of Cross River State, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, some people who do not know Mr. Udom Emmanuel well, have come out to claim how much they know about his defection plans to the APC.

To further authenticate their low mental endowment, they have used their respective mediums to publish the inappropriate and half-baked story on their timelines. Some Newspapers today have it that the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has picked his APC membership card already. This is laughable.

With all of these brouhaha, one thing has eluded their cerebration, and that is 'Gov. Udom Emmanuel has never been, and will never be a coward." It takes a coward to abscond at a time of adversity, so he's never one of such.

Harping on the premise of defection into the APC, it is always centered on underperformance and embezzlement of funds. The question now should be, "has Gov. Udom performed better? The answer is "YES". So there wouldn't be a need for defection to the same party which has caused the misfortune of the entire country since May 29th 2015.

With minute availability of funds, Mr. Emmanuel has made Akwa Ibom State a destination: from a purely civil service state, it has become an industrial haven for both National and International investors. Ibom Air, the best airline in Nigeria, Akwa Ibom Infectious Disease Center with modern and approved testing laboratories, 22 functioning industries, infrastructural expansion and many others, have come to stay in the state. Tell me why such a man should betray his conscience and people by joining the gathering of vultures!

From my observation, it is glaring that members of APC in Akwa Ibom State knows their fate. They only exist on social media, and the only avenue they can boast of a proven existence in Akwa Ibom is to have a strategist, Gov. Udom Emmanuel in their party.

I'm sorry to tell them: just as Senator Sandy Onor had said, " men with good conscience do not sell their birth right because of adversity." Gov. Udom Emmanuel knows his onions, and he wouldn't join the broom confraternity for any reason. At this juncture, the Akwa Ibom APC should know that they will be waiting in vain for Gov. Emmanuel to join them. This at last would serve as their greatest disappointment.

Umani Uwemedimo, a public affairs analyst, writes from Abak, AKS

Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by VicDz1: 8:29am On May 25, 2021
Smiles
Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by VicDz1: 8:30am On May 25, 2021
My brother you never can tell. Because I can't trust these politicians

1 Like

Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Deborah98(f): 8:41am On May 25, 2021
Did you read his mind undecided people be drinking para on top person headache you and I know these people can't be trusted wetin concern me with his defection lol ..

1 Like

Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Xscape1993(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2021
Well said sir. You are indeed a good leader.
Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by nzeobi(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2021
He is the only one that can debunk the rumor itself.

With APC promising governors ministerial slots,protection from EFCC and favourable court judgements from the supreme court.i don't think any PDP Governor can turn it down.
Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Cholls(m): 9:01am On May 25, 2021
My brother never say never
Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by Nobody: 9:05am On May 25, 2021
This two wholesome failures of a party.

well

what do I know come 2023 some mumus go still vote them in......signing out

Re: APC, Waiting In Vain For Gov Udom Emmanuel by MasonKendall(m): 9:13am On May 25, 2021
Mr OP why is Calabar-Itu road in shambles? Not even one Street light is functioning on a 10km road. The state of urua ekpa is in shambles. Flood will soon occur along oron road because of poor drainage system and also cause of the dumping of refuse by stupid people that call themselves citizens. Las las, stop using mediocre blocks to build hospitals. It's sickening.

(1) (Reply)

Flashback: How Kanu Grabbed The Next Available Wrapper And Fled Out Of Nigeria / With All These Atrocities Fulani Has Committed Will They Hand Over Power? / Buhari Planning To Hand Over To Terrorist Before 2023 Election..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.