Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

New Chief Of Army Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Chief Of Army Staff (7550 Views)

Governor Uzodinma Meets Suleiman Njoku, New Chief Imam Of Imo State (Photo) / Lamidi Adeosun Is Not The New Chief Of Army Staff - Army / Full Profile Of New Chief Justice Of Nigeria, Tanko Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 3:49pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Front runners are mainly from the SE and NW/NE.

Ne/nw are technically out except that buhari trusts then more than any other regions.but I have a strong feeling that he will appoint an igbo man to defuse Biafra agitations
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 3:52pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Yes..but it lies with the President....Experience has taught us not to raise hopes.

Whomever is your COAS...must be someone you trust implicitly. That man is the man that can take you out so technically, he is your guardian angel.

The last batch of Service Chiefs were;
CDS - SW
IGP - NC
CNS - SS
CAS - NE
COAS - NE

Present Batch;
CDS - SS
Ag. IGP - NE
CAS - SW
CNS - NW
COAS - ? (place a bet)

Since attahiru trusted ahanotu,buhari can also trust him.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by mbaise1000: 3:54pm On May 25, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
ahiboilandgas:
keep dreaming.
Can you explain more please
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Luigi03(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2021
What do you mean he can be the CDS? undecided
Did anything happen to General Leo Irabor?
My friend sit down and don't anger me now undecided
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 4:16pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

I suspect buhari might give it to the ss/se.what about shodunke,e.n udoh,roger Nicholas,p bogie,ejemai,ude,ode,b oyefeso,j orokpo,a.m.sabo,j s Malu,dikko who are direct course mates of late attahiru? Have they retired or still in service?

Is ahanotu the most senior in course 35? How can he be 35 like attahiru when attahiru became major general in 2015 and ahanotu in 2017?

Anyway,in terms of service chiefs,seniority counts more than political consideration
Ahanotu is 35 like Attahiru. The Course number is just their date/year of enlistment. (Jan/Feb 1984)

I will give you the rest when I am @ home.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 4:17pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

Ne/nw are technically out except that buhari trusts then more than any other regions.but I have a strong feeling that he will appoint an igbo man to defuse Biafra agitations
We all hope so.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 4:20pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Ahanotu is 35 like Attahiru. The Course number is just their date/year of enlistment. (Jan/Feb 1984)

But since attahiru was promoted 2 years before ahanotu,he became his senior which means there are still several course 35 officers that outrank ahanotu
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 4:26pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

But since attahiru was promoted 2 years before ahanotu,he became his senior which means there are still several course 35 officers that outrank ahanotu
Everyone is calling Ahanotu because what is needed now...he has it.

An operational man with intelligence. He was GOC when Mohammed Yusuf was captured.

He was GOC when the Dapchi girls were rescued.

The quest of the SE against marginalisation at the moment favours him.

1 Like

Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 4:28pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Everyone is calling Ahanotu because what is needed now...he has it.

An operational man with intelligence. He was GOC when Mohammed Yusuf was captured.

He was GOC when the Dapchi girls were rescued.

The quest of the SE against marginalisation at the moment favours him.

The funny thing is that the next coas will not be among those being touted.I see roger Nicholas as a better general than him
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by TotoGame(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

I think attahiru is still a brig-General in 2015 ....cus when he came to 82 division Enugu in 2016 he was the acting GOC (meaning he's a brig General) he was later promoted to maj Gen in Enugu

I think he was also promoted in 2017 same time with Ahanotu

And mind you .... major General Ahanotu didn't losse seniority
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 4:46pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

The funny thing is that the next coas will not be among those being touted.I see roger Nicholas as a better general than him
Better General in what sense?

Both are good Generals.....no division.
Roger is from Mbaise....

TotoGame:

I think attahiru is still a brig-General in 2015 ....cus when he came to 82 division Enugu in 2016 he was the acting GOC (meaning he's a brig General) he was later promoted to maj Gen in Enugu

Thank You
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Donaluta(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Front runners are mainly from the SE and NW/NE.

NE then.. won't be NW
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 4:56pm On May 25, 2021
Donaluta:

NE then.. won't be NW
Yea....NE & SE...straight up.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Donaluta(m): 4:59pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Please do .. I'm kinda loving this analysis.. would Iove you elucidate more ..
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Businesstools(m): 6:01pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

True but in the military,it is mostly by seniority

No it's not. Loyalty, branch or corp of the officers and how they are commissioned determines. Just so you know, only regular officers can become service chiefs.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 6:05pm On May 25, 2021
TotoGame:

That was in 2015.attahiru was the 2nd to be promoted in that list. Attahiru was or is his senior whether you like it or not

Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 6:07pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Better General in what sense?

Both are good Generals.....no division.
Roger is from Mbaise....

Thank You

Roger Nicholas has held more command and battle posts.we have heard of him more than ahanotu.Nicholas replaced attahiru in lafiya dole command
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by TotoGame(m): 6:10pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

That was in 2015.attahiru was the 2nd to be promoted in that list. Attahiru was or is his senior whether you like it or not

Five years ago should be in 2016 not 2015 ....see lt. General buratai was a member of 29 RC and was promoted to maj Gen in 2011..... attahiru is of 35 RC and was promoted to maj general in 2017 not 2015
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Banmeallday: 6:18pm On May 25, 2021
Where is Buhari should be what you Niggs should be asking
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Tinubuadvocate: 6:18pm On May 25, 2021
There's no argument on this the new chief of army staff will come from Jos or Nasarrawa or probably kogi state.
fergie001:

Yes..but it lies with the President....Experience has taught us not to raise hopes.

Whomever is your COAS...must be someone you trust implicitly. That man is the man that can take you out so technically, he is your guardian angel.

The last batch of Service Chiefs were;
CDS - SW
IGP - NC
CNS - SS
CAS - NE
COAS - NE

Present Batch;
CDS - SS
Ag. IGP - NE
CAS - SW
CNS - NW
COAS - ? (place a bet)
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 6:22pm On May 25, 2021
TotoGame:

Five years ago should be in 2016 not 2015 ....see lt. General buratai was a member of 29 RC and was promoted to maj Gen in 2011..... attahiru is of 35 RC and was promoted to maj general in 2017 not 2015

Oga,why do you dwell and enjoy spreading falsehood? You are even embarrassing yourself seriously my boy.even a kid knows that from June 2015 till now is still counted as five years.infact from may 26 2015 still counts as 5 years.your moniker is really affecting you.as you can see from my link,attahiru was promoted in DEC,2015.I challenge you to produce any link showing that attahiru was promoted in 2017 or was promoted alongside ahanotu.am waiting

Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 6:25pm On May 25, 2021
Businesstools:

No it's not. Loyalty, branch or corp of the officers and how they are commissioned determines. Just so you know, only regular officers can become service chiefs.

Oga,coas are not appointed like police igp.it is always among the two most senior NDA courses and always among the top ten most senior officers.it may be political but not as that of igp.infact,I can bet with anything that the coas will be from course 35 or 36
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 6:32pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:
Roger Nicholas has held more command and battle posts.we have heard of him more than ahanotu.Nicholas replaced attahiru in lafiya dole command
Doesn't make him better.

They are both good Generals.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 6:49pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

Doesn't make him better.

They are both good Generals.

I prefer Nicholas
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by Businesstools(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

Oga,coas are not appointed like police igp.it is always among the two most senior NDA courses and always among the top ten most senior officers.it may be political but not as that of igp.infact,I can bet with anything that the coas will be from course 35 or 36

Calm down, even if you're a military man. The person responding to you is also one. Course 35 and 36 are both regular courses, The operational ones among them stand a chance, but if the president has a candidate in regular course 37, he will pick from there and there's nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 7:07pm On May 25, 2021
Businesstools:

Calm down, even if you're a military man. The person responding to you is also one. Course 35 and 36 are both regular courses, The operational ones among them stand a chance, but if the president has a candidate in regular course 37, he will pick from there and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

True.but I see him appointing from course 35 and 36
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by juman(m): 7:15pm On May 25, 2021
No president from South would give chief of army staff to core North. Likewise the president from core North as well.

Obasanjo is the most liberal president i have seen in terms of ethnic group division, despite that he did not give army chief to core North.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 7:47pm On May 25, 2021
garfield1:

I suspect buhari might give it to the ss/se.what about shodunke,e.n udoh,roger Nicholas,p bogie,ejemai,duru,ode,b oyefeso,j orokpo,a.m.sabo,j s Malu,dikko who are direct course mates of late attahiru? Have they retired or still in service?

Is ahanotu the most senior in course 35? How can he be 35 like attahiru when attahiru became major general in 2015 and ahanotu in 2017?

Anyway,in terms of service chiefs,seniority counts more than political consideration
J S Malu retired with the appointment of the late Attahiru
Ejemai was compulsorily retired some years ago on fraud charges
A M Dikko is retired (has a FG appointment now)

Nicholas is 1986.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by BossJamal: 7:52pm On May 25, 2021
Ahoy...e b lyk these boys don enter here to gossip about their ogas. Officers pls go back to your duty posts!

Col Garfield and boys I don sight una
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by garfield1: 8:02pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:

J S Malu retired with the appointment of the late Attahiru
Ejemai was compulsorily retired some years ago on fraud charges
A M Dikko is retired (has a FG appointment now)

Nicholas is 1986.

What about others? Seems attahiru was the most educated and decorated coas
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by seunmsg(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2021
fergie001:
Ahanotu cannot replace Irabor because he is of Course 35.....and Irabor is of Course 34. Technically, his Senior.

Ahanotu is a close friend and confidante of Attahiru....a relationship that have lasted a long time. But he is from Anambra.

Sharham is of 35 running 36 but he has an issue....he is from Kano, the same State as the Defence Minister & Chief of Naval Staff.
That knocks him out.

Yusuf Manu is from Yobe.....he is knocked off cos he is 37.
The President will not go below 36 if at all he wants a favoured person. The IGP is from Yobe....difficult.

Same problem with Yahaya and Alli-Keffi who are on 37 and 38 respectively. They are Out.

Okonkwo is on 35 but he is from Imo. Mainly an administrative man.

There are others as well but Aliyu seems to balance everywhere....he is 36 and from Gombe.

Buhari should do well to leave it with someone from 35. Becoming a Service Chief is strictly political, aided by geographical zone and not by seniority.

garfield1....

Apart from his state of origin, Ahanotu seems to click all the boxes. He’s course 35 so no one needs to retire if he’s appointed as Army chief. I kinda have a feeling that Buhari will surprise so many doubters and appoint him.
Re: New Chief Of Army Staff by fergie001: 8:19pm On May 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Apart from his state of origin, Ahanotu seems to click all the boxes. He’s course 35 so no one needs to retire if he’s appointed as Army chief. I kinda have a feeling that Buhari will surprise so many doubters and appoint him.
Exactly.......but knowing Buhari....he can always bring surprises.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria 7th Most Terrorised Nation In The World... / Governors Ask Review Revenue Sharing Formula / Tinubu And The Number 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.