Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,645 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. (16770 Views)

Malam U.C. Aliu: AAU Lecturer Beats University Students Mercilessly / AAU Lecturer Gives Female Student 3days To Sleep With Him Or Losses SUG Election / AAU Lecturer Flogs Students For Coming Late For An Exam(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by integrity16(m): 8:44pm On May 25, 2021
To those who were chanting "Edo no be LAGOS" it is now clear for everyone to see that Edo will never be LAGOS in 500years to come.

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 25, 2021
Amiee99:

Raise which fee, abeg? I pay close to 200k per academic session. Isn't that enough?

That's 485 dollars...which cannot give you the level they get in Europe or the USA.

If you want that level, either pay higher, or pay higher taxes.

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Golan007: 9:12pm On May 25, 2021
Edo no be Lagos true true.

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Khaliyah(m): 9:20pm On May 25, 2021
2law:
Thanks alot. Saw it on Fb

Let's keep our fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Amiee99(f): 9:54pm On May 25, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

That's 485 dollars...which cannot give you the level they get in Europe or the USA.

Not until you calculate over 400 students multiplied by that amount and I can't even get chairs to sit in class. If the system were to be working, there'd be no qualms paying more. At least I know I'm paying for something.

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by AmotekunSW: 10:34pm On May 25, 2021
b3llo:
Is this how people will survive in Odudwa Republic In Arrewa Republic our lecturers are well paid n taken care off. I support One Nigeria!!!

Arewa that your University lecturers are the equivalent of Secondary school dropouts in the South.
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Deadlytruth(m): 10:45pm On May 25, 2021
Emzenoz:
the issue all started when he redicer their subvention ehat are they using thode millions form its the govt that still pay your salary.... Bro the only issue i have with obaseki is that of roads, but for others, he is worth being the govern of our beloved state in all ramifications
So closing nearly every state-owned institutions in the state amidst secondary school teachers salaries now being paid by the host communities or alumni associations added to the darkness that now defines Benin City at night unlike before now, etc are features of good governance? Hehehe..

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Emzenoz(m): 11:10pm On May 25, 2021
Deadlytruth:

So closing nearly every state-owned institutions in the state amidst secondary school teachers salaries now being paid by the host communities or alumni associations added to the darkness that now defines Benin City at night unlike before now, etc are features of good governance? Hehehe..
say what you know Mr man. What do you mean by host community paying salaries ? Have you asked them how that came about ? Its not even govt own workers they are called community teachers. You said salaries as if govt stop paying and asked communities to start paying. The community collectively agreeee under the PTA body to support govt with "auxiliary" teachers from "their community" .... They are not even in anyway employer under Edo state civil service.... Get your facts rights ok?
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Deadlytruth(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2021
Emzenoz:
say what you know Mr man. What do you mean by host community paying salaries ? Have you asked them how that came about ? Its not even govt own workers they are called community teachers. You said salaries as if govt stop paying and asked communities to start paying. The community collectively agreeee under the PTA body to support govt with "auxiliary" teachers from "their community" .... They are not even in anyway employer under Edo state civil service.... Get your facts rights ok?
From the fact that the communities felt concerned and offered to recruit teachers for public schools and be paying them, you should have been able to deduce that the government has so much failed to the extent that the community was compelled to intervene. If all is well and the government is living up to expectations as regards teachers recruitment and payment of their salaries would any community make such an offer? I myself belong to an alumni group of my secondary school where the situation of only seven teachers to a school of over 1,000 students compelled us to levy ourselves monthly to employ teachers into the school and be paying their salaries because the government has continued to show no concern over the situation for the past four years despite chanting Edo Best

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by filleSouriante(f): 11:40pm On May 25, 2021
Seytex:
eeyah.. sorry for the loss

Thanks fam. I appreciate
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by calcal: 12:06am On May 26, 2021
Please tell me who is the illiterate between that man and Igboho?

See how a lecturer is fighting for his salary. guess what? he believes in ONE Nigeria.
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by coconat(m): 1:49am On May 26, 2021
[Pls alert me whenever school resume s
thanks. quotee author=Khaliyah post=102055768]Akwa Ibom State University staffs has been on strike for about 5 weeks now because of same issues [/quote]
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Sheggy13(m): 7:54am On May 26, 2021
Khaliyah:
Akwa Ibom State University staffs has been on strike for about 5 weeks now because of same issues
So a state like Akwa Ibom which arguably receives the highest allocation nationally is also struggling to pay salaries of staff of the lone state University there. At the end of the day, these inept governors will be excused while their people will shift all blames solely to Buhari, not like Buhari is any useful though.

1 Like

Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Nobody: 10:48am On May 26, 2021
Amiee99:

Not until you calculate over 400 students multiplied by that amount and I can't even get chairs to sit in class. If the system were to be working, there'd be no qualms paying more. At least I know I'm paying for something.

A university needs far more than the sum you just calculated.

And the system does not work in large part because paucity of funds
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Khaliyah(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2021
Sheggy13:

So a state like Akwa Ibom which arguably receives the highest allocation nationally is also struggling to pay salaries of staff of the lone state University there. At the end of the day, these inept governors will be excused while their people will shift all blames solely to Buhari, not like Buhari is any useful though.
That's the irony and reality of the country, their major agitation is the full payment of their deducted salaries during the lockdown
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Khaliyah(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2021
coconat:
[Pls alert me whenever school resume s
thanks. quotee author=Khaliyah post=102055768]Akwa Ibom State University staffs has been on strike for about 5 weeks now because of same issues
Alright sir
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by collinometricx: 9:17pm On May 26, 2021
Lazynigerian1:

How much is your minimum wage?
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 26, 2021
collinometricx:

How much is your minimum wage?

Educaiton is expensive.

You guys want education that is worth 20000 dollars or more for just $500, on top of a low tax to gdp ration, and a resource dependent and byextension poor economy

Go and vote for leaders who can make our economy productive. Then we can raise the minimum wage.

But for now....the sad state of education in Nigeria is what we can afford for now. The sad thing is that corruption is still eating away at the little we can do.

If you want Cambridge level degrees...pay Cambridge level fees.
Re: AAU Lecturer Shed Tears Over Unpaid Salaries. by OloyeVIII: 11:34am On May 27, 2021
Dr. Polycarp���.. This man was my lecturer and project supervisor. I feel very sad this is happening. Such a nice man, the department tried removing him several times, but we no gree..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JAMB Clears Doubt On 2013 UTME Results / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015 / Can A Secondary School Certificate Holder Be Termed “Educated”?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.