Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos (3547 Views)

Stakeholders Meet To Discuss Development Of Badagry Deep Sea Port. / LASG Raises Team To Meet FG Towards Rehabilitation Of Badagry Expresway / LASG Commences Clean Up Of Badagry Express Road - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by wwwihy: 4:27pm On May 25, 2021
#FactCheck In contrast to reports of a probable oil leak resulting in a fire outbreak on #Ilase beach in #Lagos State. According to an investigation undertaken by
@Bulwark_Intel, the aforementioned incident occurred on May 24, 2021, near the Ashikpa coastal area of #Badagry.

The fire, on the other hand, was caused by a failed Diesel fuel smuggling attempt. The inferno spread inland due to high sea levels, but it was brought under control by locals.

Smuggling petrol into #BeninRepublic through #Nigerian coastal waters is still a lucrative business in the area.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JesseAOA/status/1397188041144418314

1 Share

Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by Xuxu208: 7:36am On May 26, 2021
Yet for some sick, crazy, reason, an incident of this magnitude was not reported in any major newspaper?!! Or at least I couldn't find any evidence of it online. Sickening...I wonder which untouchable VIP is implicated in the incident that warrants this deafening silence from the worthless media houses...
Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by Lanretoye(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2021
Xuxu208:
Yet for some sick, crazy, reason, an incident of this magnitude was not reported in any major newspaper?!! Or at least I couldn't find any evidence of it online. Sickening...I wonder which untouchable VIP is implicated in the incident that warrants this deafening silence from the worthless media houses...
been wondering too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by helinues: 9:04am On May 26, 2021
Smuggling went wrong
Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by Penguin2: 9:24am On May 26, 2021
And NNPC will still say they are paying subsidy on that one.
Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by Nobody: 10:39am On May 26, 2021
Following
Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 26, 2021
I understand it's an oil related inferno but I just couldn't place it.

The fire was still and not floating with the waves.

It was burning at just one point.
Do they have a pipeline running through that beach?
Re: Factcheck: The Cause Of Badagry Beach Fire In Lagos by IJOBA11: 2:34pm On May 26, 2021
Lanretoye:
been wondering too.
SHOULDNT WE BLAME IGBOS FOR THAT

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governor Okezie Ikpeazu Commissioned a Nightclub in Aba (pic) / Cost Of Abuja House Rents Will Fall Drastically In Few Months To Come / Tinubu Will Run Nigeria Exactly Like Buhari: Festus Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.