Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families (19819 Views)

Enugu Auto Crash: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Commiserates Victims / Governor Ugwuanyi Visits Defunct SARS Office To Confirm Closure / Ugwuanyi Visits Scene Of IPOB’s Clash With Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by OEPHIUS(m): 5:00pm On May 25, 2021
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6570235/gunmen-burn-iwollo-oghe-police-station

#Iwollo #Police Division Attack: Gov. #Ugwuanyi visits scene

*Expresses sadness over the heinous act

*Condoles and requests to meet with families of slain policemen

*Orders immediate reconstruction of damaged police buildings, replacement of Innoson patrol van made away by the yet-to-be identified hoodlums, construction of barricades before the police post

*#Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) narrates what transpired

*Launches intense discreet investigation to fish out the assailants and their cohorts

*The Enugu State Deputy Governor, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo was earlier at the scene of the unfortunate incident.

Read full text of the statement by the police…

“*ATTACK ON IWOLLO POLICE DIVISION: CP VISITS SCENE FOR ON-THE-SPOT ASSESSMENT, ORDERS THE LAUNCH OF INTENSE DISCREET INVESTIGATION TO FISH OUT PERPETRATORS*

“The Commissioner of Police, Enugu State Command, *CP Mohammed Ndatsu Aliyu, psc*, this morning, led members of his management team and Operational/Tactical Commanders to Iwollo Police Division for on-the-spot assessment, following attack on the Division by yet-to-be identified gunmen at about *0400hrs of today, 25/05/2021*.

“2. The hoodlums, who came to the Station in their numbers, opened fire on Police Operatives on duty, but were gallantly resisted and in the ensuing gun duel, several of the assailants escaped with bullet injuries. Unfortunately, four (4) of the Operatives, who sustained severe gunshot injuries, were later confirmed dead in the hospital, while parts of the Station was set ablaze by the assailants.

“3. Meanwhile, the Commissioner, while condoling family members and close friends of the Policemen, who unfortunately paid the ultimate price in the line of duty; has ordered the intensification of already launched discreet investigation to fish out the assailants and their cohorts.

“4. He further appealed to law-abiding citizens of the State to promptly volunteer useful information that will assist the Command in the ongoing investigation. He also called on them, especially operators of medical facilities in the State, to promptly report to the Police any person(s) found with gunshot injuries.

“*ASP DANIEL NDUKWE, Anipr*
Police Public Relations Officer,
*FOR:* Commissioner of Police
Enugu State Command”
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1443651229311771&id=100010007227700

1 Like

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by FBIBOT(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by okeyglm: 5:07pm On May 25, 2021
ugwuanyi onye wayo. people that were already dead . which one is injured. the station was completed burned. stop lying nwoke m

17 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by chukwuibuipob: 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
sad
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by TimmyTen(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
This is beyond mere agitation yet our leaders are not bothered.

10 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Bustincole(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
Eyor ma men

6 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Donedeal1(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
When will they stop this?
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
Omo , esn should calm down o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Sholaco: 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
Ipob Hahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:08pm On May 25, 2021
May God punish all the sponsors of the evil herdsmen and Boko Haram and the politicians that brought them upon our nation to cause mayhem.
May the people that support and sponsor them all die painfully, and may they suffer so much pains as long as they live on earth before dying in shame.

If you are not one of the people supporting the evil sponsors of these herdsmen,
kindly say A BIG AMEN To these little prayers.

God pass dem.
They will all end miserably in life.

All sponsors and enabler of all the terrorist organizations in our darling country, from this evil Boko Boys, to bandits, Igbos terrorists organization, evil fulani herdsmen must all be fished out.
They will all never know peace as long as it is sorrow, tears and blood they want flowing in our nation.....along with their evil supporters.

Especially all the terrorist organizations (Boko Haram and Igbos terrorist groups) killing our military personnel.
Evil, sorrow, tears and blood shall be their end at the end of it all.

Peace shall reign in our nation.
God bless Nigeria

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Revere27: 5:09pm On May 25, 2021
It's quite sad that police men have become endanger species in the Eastern part of the country embarassed
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2021
“4. He further appealed to law-abiding citizens of the State to promptly volunteer useful information that will assist the Command in the ongoing investigation. He also called on them, especially operators of medical facilities in the State, to promptly report to the Police any person(s) found with gunshot injuries.

The masses will be afraid to report anything for fear of attack. This Nigeria you can hrdly trust anybody.
I pray all these violence stop because the police has people depending on them as well.

Buhari is a failure.

7 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by NgwaManNaaija4L: 5:10pm On May 25, 2021
This is very bad, my people there is other ways to do things.
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2021
hmmm is alright
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:12pm On May 25, 2021
Waste of time
Evil Politicians
See police station, but see as the Mumu dress come. Big man in refuse dump.

How are you happy, how do you feel when your house is the only "Big man house" in the full community or the full state and everywhere else is eye sore, people have to drive through abject poverty, inhale the stench from open drainage, jump over muddy waters, endure the "oga find me something" "daddy" "anything for the boys" pleas from your kinsmen?

I cannot be that man, I will never feel comfortable if I am the only or one of very few rich men in my country or my state or my locality, I can never my mind will not allow me not raise people out of poverty. This is why I believe Most rich men in Nigeria are evil doers, evil men. I am not a superstitious person, or a very religious person for that matter but even I can not endure seeing people suffer, seeing people live on dump sites, without doing something how much more these people who claim to be good men, people who love their people and were sent by God to rule and yet they feel ok, feel fine walking through all these pain and suffering in their agbadas and with their fancy cars and heavy security.

Think about it, they see what we see, they drive around town just like you and I, they use those roads too. However little They experience or experienced a bit of what their people are going through and yet they are not moved to act. Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Coldsperm: 5:13pm On May 25, 2021
Why reconstruct something that will be pulled and burnt down again. Any Policeman serving in the East should please resign now. I am begging you ooo. I don't have Rip to waste again.

2 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Coldshisha: 5:13pm On May 25, 2021

Ipob miscreants and ESN should hurry up to burn all police station, military division and nscdc post accross Ibo land

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by sweetonugbu: 5:16pm On May 25, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Lastanza: 5:17pm On May 25, 2021
I don't even know if being in power makes people to be dumb, I mean very dumb. Why always reactive. What happens to being proactive and learning from previous attacks.

By now inec and police should have evacuated all the important materials in their various offices so far they cannot withstand the assailant in terms of preventing the attack.

What happens to intelligence reports, what happens to appraisal of previous attacks.
Any police man that dies from attack by these people going forward is a compound fool. By now there should be police men daredevil police officers with there hands on triggers 24/7 with chain bullets around their bodies waiting for any bagger but the reverse is the case when you visit any of the police stations that has not been attacked.

By now inec should have evacuated all their materials in their offices but they are waiting to wail over the next attack
Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men

Ochicha onwere amu? Iyiri azundu...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by CR777: 5:19pm On May 25, 2021
Shey he declared fasting and prayer for Enugu when fulanis massacred people in Nsukka.

Well, unknown gun men are showing him how real men fight their battles, they don't wait for the God of Isreal to fight for them, they take up weapons and fight when they sense injustice and oppression.
Even the isrealites we call on their God are using bombs and sophisticated weapons to fight their own battles.

Religion is a curse, Islam is the worst.

2 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by ZUBY77(m): 5:20pm On May 25, 2021
Donedeal1:
When will they stop this?

When you have State Police. People don't burn things when they are in charge

3 Likes

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Earlystar698(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2021
Bad time to be a police in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by CR777: 5:22pm On May 25, 2021
Amuochicha:

na you go tire

He is a slave to Buhari na, always online to defend a vegetable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwolo Police Division Attack: Ugwuanyi Visits Scene, Condoles Officers' Families by Typicool8(m): 5:25pm On May 25, 2021
BizStableHub:
The insecurity level in Naija is going by the day. Govt pls do the needful.

Do you have time to develop yourself via reading or listening to audio books. I have access to tons of book for FREE that will change your life. Click link in bio or send me a mail to get access now.
I'm interested pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Communication Failure In Zamfara Caused Deadly Attack On Troops / I Will Faint If I See ₦1 Billion – Bala Ngilari / Lagos-Abidjan Highway Will Be Built With Concrete – Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.