Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption (236 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by MedaRophe(f): 6:24pm On May 25, 2021
TOPIC: COSTLY ASSUMPTION
Date: Wednesday 26 May 2021

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 2: 22 – 27

Bible Passage:

22 The Lord had done the same for the descendants of Esau, who lived in Seir, when he destroyed the Horites from before them. They drove them out and have lived in their place to this day. 23 And as for the Avvites who lived in villages as far as Gaza, the Caphtorites coming out from Caphtora] destroyed them and settled in their place.)

24 “Set out now and cross the Arnon Gorge. See, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his country. Begin to take possession of it and engage him in battle. 25 This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you.”

26 From the Desert of Kedemoth I sent messengers to Sihon king of Heshbon offering peace and saying, 27 “Let us pass through your country. We will stay on the main road; we will not turn aside to the right or to the left.

STUDY

Moses reminded the Israelites of how God gave them the commandments by speaking through the fire and how finally he wrote them on tablets of stone and handed them over to him. The reason for inscribing the commandments on the tablets was to remind them of the laws anytime they saw God’s fingerprint on the stone. For us believers, the commandments are written in our hearts - within us – so that we can easily comply through the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Note in verses 23 – 27, that Israel’s leaders and elders told Moses that they didn’t want to hear from God directly because they would die. They were afraid of death and told Moses to hear and tell them what God said. This was “a costly assumption” prompted by fear. Did they die in the first instance when they heard God from the fire? The answer is No! Even their testimony in verse 26 contradicts their request. Sometimes, some of us, out of fear, run away from the presence of God/His word only to meet deceitful men of God/prophets’ and believe their lies. Be careful to hear, read and meditate on the word of God. This day, God speaks to us through Jesus Christ (Heb. 1: 3) and we shall not die if we hear Him.

PRAYER: Dear Lord, deliver me from fears that tend to remove me from Your presence.

***INSTALL THE APP HERE ON YOUR PHONE***
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=daily.fountaindev2021
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On May 25, 2021
MedaRophe:
TOPIC: COSTLY ASSUMPTION
Date: Wednesday 26 May 2021

TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 2: 22 – 27

Bible Passage:

22 The Lord had done the same for the descendants of Esau, who lived in Seir, when he destroyed the Horites from before them. They drove them out and have lived in their place to this day. 23 And as for the Avvites who lived in villages as far as Gaza, the Caphtorites coming out from Caphtora] destroyed them and settled in their place.)

24 “Set out now and cross the Arnon Gorge. See, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his country. Begin to take possession of it and engage him in battle. 25 This very day I will begin to put the terror and fear of you on all the nations under heaven. They will hear reports of you and will tremble and be in anguish because of you.”

26 From the Desert of Kedemoth I sent messengers to Sihon king of Heshbon offering peace and saying, 27 “Let us pass through your country. We will stay on the main road; we will not turn aside to the right or to the left.

STUDY

Moses reminded the Israelites of how God gave them the commandments by speaking through the fire and how finally he wrote them on tablets of stone and handed them over to him. The reason for inscribing the commandments on the tablets was to remind them of the laws anytime they saw God’s fingerprint on the stone. For us believers, the commandments are written in our hearts - within us – so that we can easily comply through the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Note in verses 23 – 27, that Israel’s leaders and elders told Moses that they didn’t want to hear from God directly because they would die. They were afraid of death and told Moses to hear and tell them what God said. This was “a costly assumption” prompted by fear. Did they die in the first instance when they heard God from the fire? The answer is No! Even their testimony in verse 26 contradicts their request. Sometimes, some of us, out of fear, run away from the presence of God/His word only to meet deceitful men of God/prophets’ and believe their lies. Be careful to hear, read and meditate on the word of God. This day, God speaks to us through Jesus Christ (Heb. 1: 3) and we shall not die if we hear Him.
What has this doctrine preached from the Old Covenant Law of Moses which pertains to the Kingdom of Canaan to do with Jesus Christ and the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by MedaRophe(f): 7:52pm On May 25, 2021
I don't argue biblical teachings, I learn and meditate. Even if the study doesn't make sense to you, take from the topic and the bible passage and meditate on both.
The word of God is new every everyday. The way it ministers to you may be different from the way it ministers to me. That's, if only you open your heart to it and not on faultfinding mission.
Thanks
Kobojunkie:
What has this doctrine preached from the Old Covenant Law of Moses which pertains to the Kingdom of Canaan to do with Jesus Christ and the New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God? undecided
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On May 25, 2021
MedaRophe:
I don't argue biblical teachings, I learn and meditate. Even if the study doesn't make sense to you, take from the topic and the bible passage and meditate on both.
The word of God is new every everyday. The way it ministers to you may be different from the way it ministers to me. That's, if only you open your heart to it and not on faultfinding mission.
Thanks
It is not about making sense to me but about the message being in compliance with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, what we were instructed to teach and called on to follow. undecided

The Word of God, Jesus Christ, is not new everyday. The same message He gave us 2000 years ago, the New Covenant Law where the Kingdom of God is concerned, is the same message He gives us even today. The Word of God remains the same for eternity ... it is an everlasting Covenant to us and so cannot change as we are to be judged by it. undecided

What you perceive as new are the lies, doctrines and traditions of men, that you imbibe, this from the mouths of men whom you have chosen to place over your own selves, a seat that ought to belong to God and God alone. undecided

Any teaching that is against the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ, such as this one cannot be of Jesus Christ .I.e. it is anti-Christ in original and God does not change His mind where His Law/Truth is concerned. undecided
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by MedaRophe(f): 8:12pm On May 25, 2021
argument.
I let you be.
Kobojunkie:
It is not about making sense to me but about the message being in compliance with the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, what we were instructed to teach and called on to follow. undecided

The Word of God, Jesus Christ, is not new everyday. The same message He gave us 2000 years ago, the New Covenant Law where the Kingdom of God is concerned, is the same message He gives us even today. The Word of God remains the same for eternity ... it is an everlasting Covenant to us and so cannot change as we are to be judged by it. undecided

What you perceive as new are the lies, doctrines and traditions of men, that you imbibe, this from the mouths of men whom you have chosen to place over your own selves, a seat that ought to belong to God and God alone. undecided

Any teaching that is against the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ, such as this one cannot be of Jesus Christ .I.e. it is anti-Christ in original and God does not change His mind where His Law/Truth is concerned. undecided
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional, Wed. 26, May 202. Topic: Costly Assumption by Kobojunkie: 8:16pm On May 25, 2021
MedaRophe:
argument.
I let you be.
Please, for your own souls sake, stop teaching that which is not of Jesus Christ. The only authority Jesus Christ gave His followers where teaching is concerned ,is the teaching of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God just as He taught it to us. Anything else is a lie and against His commandment. undecided

Read Mark 7 to understand how dangerous what you do is to you. In addition, you are also guilty of causing people to sin when you teach them these lies and Jesus Christ wash sure to point out the fate that awaits those who teach these lies in His name. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Get Ready For Biological Death Or The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Crucified / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/06/2021 / Where There Is No Forgiveness Of Sins, There Can Be No Healing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.