Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,319 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) (10576 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
I welcome Everyone to this New thread of our Journey into the Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023. May the Good LORD continue to answer our prayers and bring to fulfilments all of our good heart desires in the New Year in Jesus Mighty name Amen.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 10:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
✝ DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL

SUNDAY AFTER CHRISTMAS JANUARY 1 2023.

✝TOPIC: REORDER YOUR PRIORITIES

✝TEXT: Matthew 2:1-12
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.
12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.

✝STUDY: Opportunities come in life and the way we respond to them affect our lives. Jesus was born when Herod was the King of Judea (v.1) and this was a great privilege that would have brought great blessings to Herod and his family. Regrettably, Herod abused the privilege probably because of his quest for power. The wise men were wise indeed; they acted wisely by identifying with the reality of their time. They saw Jesus’ star and went to worship Him as King of the Jews (v.2). The genuine intention of these wise men in observing protocol by visiting Herod as the king exposed the child to risk but God intervened and thwarted the evil plans of Herod to harm the child.

Today, some of us have become slaves to our lifestyles, associations and earthly desires to the extent that we can sacrifice our Christian faith to sustain them. Those things that take away your commitment towards God have become your Herod’s kingdom. In this New Year, re-order your steps and do not struggle with God anymore. Let his interest reign supreme in your life. Allow Jesus to be the Lord of your life, He will keep you, bless you and watch over you.

✝PRAYER: Take time today to re-dedicate yourself and your family to God.

*HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:18am On Jan 02, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY, 2ND JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* ACCEPT GOD'S MANDATE

*TEXT:* MATTHEW 3:13-17

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

13. Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan to be baptized by him.

14. And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”

15. But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and [b]He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

17. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

This year, write your plans with a pencil and allow God to hold the eraser. Draw your programmes and allow God make the necessary adjustments. In out text, Jesus came to John and asked him to baptise Him (v.13) but John felt unqualified. In John's view, it was not the right thing to be done, Jesus urged him to baptise Him in order to fulfil all righteousness (v.15). John surrendered to God's mandate, baptised Jesus and God confirmed the baptism with a declaration (v. 17).

Ephesians chapter 5:17 says, _"Therefore do not be unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is."_ Take time this year to seek the face of God before taking sensitive decisions. You do not waste time while waiting upon the Lord, rather you save time and also renew your strength. Find His will on how you will run your business, train your children, operate in your academics, serve in the place of worship, etc. John projected Jesus in his ministry. Through your character, messages, association and mode of worship, let Jesus be projected. Be a reliable partner in God's kingdom movement this year.

*PRAYER*
Merciful Father, help me this year to totally surrender to Your will. *Amen.*

*QUOTE FOR THE DAY:*
Says

_"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."_ *Proverbs 16: 3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by Uniquekriss(m): 12:04am On Jan 03, 2023
For daily devotionals of different denominations kindly follow the page----- The WORD Media-TWM on Facebook.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:44am On Jan 03, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023

✝TOPIC:THE HIGHEST CALLING

✝TEXT: Matthew 4:18-22
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 20 At once they left their nets and followed him.
21 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

✝STUDY: God knows you; He knows your strength and weakness. He has a plan for you and if you obey him, He will work out His purpose for your life. Jesus told Peter and Andrew to leave their fishing business and follow him so that He would make them fishers of men. He also called James and John - the sons of Zebedee - for the same assignment (vv. 21-22). When these men were called, they did not make excuses as to why they would not answer the call rather they left at once and followed.

You are called to help in the works of the kingdom. Trust has been bestowed upon you to make disciples for Christ and God expects you to bring those people you are living with into his kingdom. He expects you to influence the genuine repentance of all your co-workers, students, friends and family members. Do not betray this great trust. Set targets for yourself and work towards your soul-winning target by constantly evaluating your progress. However, ensure that you first surrender your life to Jesus so that you do not end up working for Him without walking with him

✝PRAYER: Dear Lord consecrate me for your service in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:12am On Jan 05, 2023
Wednesday, January 4, 2023

✝TOPIC:GOD IS ABLE

✝TEXT: Matthew 4:23-25
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. 24 Then [a]His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them. 25 Great multitudes followed Him—from Galilee, and from [b]Decapolis, Jerusalem, Judea, and beyond the Jordan.

✝STUDY: Have faith, have hope, and hold on. In our text today, we notice that Jesus went about all Galilee preaching and healing in synagogues. Synagogues were houses of local worship. As Jesus was faithful in carrying out his divine duty, His name went through out all Syria; and people brought the sick people and he healed them (v.24).

Jesus took care of both spiritual and physical needs of the people by teaching them the word of God and healing their physical diseases. Receive word of hope today! Jesus is willing to touch you, heal you, and restore you. 1 Peter 5:7 says “Casting all your care upon him, for he cares for you.’’ This is one major secret for a peaceful life. You have Jesus as your advocate and He solves challenging problems, even of ill health, for people. He is able to set you free from all problems you may be facing now. Trust Him; He will turn things around for your good.

✝PRAYER: Heavenly Father, I commit all my needs to you and ask for your intervention in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:17am On Jan 05, 2023
Thursday, January 5, 2023

✝TOPIC: DIVINE EXPECTATION

✝TEXT: Matthew 5:27-30

27 “You have heard that it was said [a]to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to [b]sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to [c]sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

✝STUDY: While we live in this world as Christians, we should not allow the world to live in us. If we do, the world will subject us to its own standards. In our text today, Jesus deals with the subject of adultery. He says that sexual desire towards someone other than one’s spouse is mental adultery and hence sinful. In Mathew 5:20, Jesus says, “Unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter into the kingdom of heaven.” Getting rid of one’s right eye or right hand to secure the kingdom of heaven (v.29), is an illustration that expresses the weight we need to attach to our heavenly mission. Heavenly matters are serious matters that deserve serious commitment and sacrifice.

Job 31:1 says, “I made a covenant with my eyes, why then should I look upon a young woman.” This matter is serious. Take heed: Sexual sin in any form kills. Say no to it! Your body is God’s temple. Do not lure people to sexual sin and do not allow people to lure you into it.

✝PRAYER: Give me the grace O Lord, to live according to your set standards.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:46am On Jan 06, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 6TH JANUARY, 2023 _*{The Epiphany of The Lord}*_ *THEME:* SELFLESS SERVICE

*TEXT:* LUKE 3: 15-22

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

15. Now as the people were in expectation, and all reasoned in their hearts about John, whether he was the Christ or not,

16. John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

17. His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather the wheat into His barn; but the chaff He will burn with unquenchable fire.”

18. And with many other exhortations he preached to the people.

19. But Herod the tetrarch, being rebuked by him concerning Herodias, his [d]brother Philip’s wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done,

20. also added this, above all, that he shut John up in prison.

21. When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.

22. And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

In life, most of us place God first when we are in need of His help but place our interest first when God is in need of our service. The life and ministry of John is a great lesson to us today in our mode of service. John had influence and crowd to exalt himself but he decided to stick to his calling as a fore-runner to Jesus. He never allowed the view of the people to influence his position in service. He exalted Jesus above himself and promoted the ministry of Jesus before the people. John was put in prison because he condemned evil.

The radical desire for self-projection, position and possession among some of us today has no place in Christian service. Today, it is unfortunate that some of us hardly do anything for God's service without negotiating for our personal gain. In our programmes and services, we tend to project ourselves to the world rather than projecting the glory of God. The life of John should serve as a good example for us; he who calls himself a Christian should behave like a Christian. Pride, selfishness and self-projection are not part of Christian culture.

*PRAYER:*

Dear Father grant me the enablement to be a worthy ambassador of the Christian faith. *Amen*

God Says

_"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself."_ *Philippians 2: 3*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On Jan 07, 2023
Saturday, January 7, 2023

✝TOPIC: PERFECT LOVE

✝TEXT: Matthew 5:43-48

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

✝STUDY: One major challenge the Church is facing today is selective obedience. As followers of Christ, we must abide by the standards He set for us, irrespective of our personal views about worship. In our text, our Lord Jesus calls us for higher standards. We are to extend our love to our perceived enemies. Jesus in His earthly ministry clarified that loving one’s neighbour was the second greatest of all God’s Commandments (Matt. 22:36-39). As Christians, we must learn to do things in line with divine directives.

In Acts 24:16, Apostle Paul says; “This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and man.” Expand your scope of love to accommodate those who may have wronged you. Loose those you have something against their lives in your heart and let them go. Develop practical act of forgiveness; come up higher in your Christian maturity. Win others for Christ through your lifestyle. You will never lose when you do things to please God.

✝PRAYER: Help me O God today to seek reconciliation with those that I am not in good term with.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:22am On Jan 08, 2023
Sunday, January 8, 2023
(1st Sunday In Epiphany)

✝TOPIC: DO THE RIGHT THING

✝TEXT: Acts 10:34-43
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of allsmiley
37 That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

✝STUDY: Peter was focused and direct in the sermon he delivered at Cornelius’ house. He did not waste time in making expressions that had no relevant connection to the word of salvation. He seemed to understand the demand of his moment and utilised it to present a holistic gospel that touched the lives of his audience. His message was centered on Christ. Observe equally that Peter did not allow the personality of Cornelius to influence the direction of his message. In fact, he preached to save Cornelius and his family, not to please them.

Assuming you were given a similar opportunity to preach at the house of the Chief of Army staff in your country, will you preach an uncompromised message as Peter did? The message of the kingdom is aimed at saving people, not pleasing them. Many of us today assess sermons based on what excites our emotion and pleases us rather than what God desires for us to hear. Some preachers even change the topic of their messages just to satisfy the assumed interests of influential hearers. It is bad to leave the substance and chase shadows. Learn to do the right thing always.

✝PRAYER: Help me, O Lord, to make good use of every opportunity I have to hear your word and to reach out to others. Amen
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:43am On Jan 09, 2023
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY, 9TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* CALM DOWN, GOD IS IN CONTROL

*TEXT:* GENESIS 15

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, [a]your exceedingly great reward.”

2. But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I [b]go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

3. Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one[c] born in my house is my heir!”

4. And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.”

5. Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”

6. And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

7. Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.”

8. And he said, “Lord God, how shall I know that I will inherit it?”

9. So He said to him, “Bring Me a three-year-old heifer, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon.”

10. Then he brought all these to Him and cut them in two, down the middle, and placed each piece opposite the other; but he did not cut the birds in two.

11. And when the vultures came down on the carcasses, Abram drove them away.

12. Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him.

13. Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years.

14. And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions.

15. Now as for you, you shall [d]go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age.

16. But in the fourth generation they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.”

17. And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces.

18. On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:

“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates—

19. The Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites,

20. The Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim,

21. The Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

Today may be challenging, but we expect a brighter tomorrow. Do not allow your present challenges in life to limit your confidence in God- He is working out His purposes for you. The fear of the unknown or assumed present reality may have put Abram to confusion in our text. God intervened by giving him assurance of a secured future. While Abram was disturbed of not having a child, God promised him descendants too numerous to imagine.

Do not fear what the future holds for you; trust God who holds the future. He has promised to help you (Isa. 41:10). Cheer up, you are safe, and your future is well secured under God. Out of that present challenge, you will give a special testimony. God will change the bitter water to a sweet one (Exo. 15:13-25). God will bless you in life beyond your imaginations; just trust and obey Him as Abram did. Your miracles are on the way, so do not give up. It is well with you.

In faith, thank God for turning things around for your good and for the good of your family.

God Says

_"As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore."_ *Psalm 125: 2*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 2:15am On Jan 10, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 10TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* GO BACK AND SUBMIT
*TEXT:* GENESIS 16: 1-9

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no [children.] And she had an Egyptian maidservant whose name was Hagar.
2. So Sarai said to Abram, "See now, the LORD has restrained me from bearing [children.] Please, go in to my maid; perhaps I shall obtain children by her." And Abram heeded the voice of Sarai.
3. Then Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.
4. So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes.
5. Then Sarai said to Abram, "My wrong [be] upon you! I gave my maid into your embrace; and when she saw that she had conceived, I became despised in her eyes. The LORD judge between you and me."
6. So Abram said to Sarai, "Indeed your maid [is] in your hand; do to her as you please." And when Sarai dealt harshly with her, she fled from her presence.
7. Now the Angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.
8. And He said, "Hagar, Sarai's maid, where have you come from, and where are you going?" She said, "I am fleeing from the presence of my mistress Sarai."
9. The Angel of the LORD said to her, "Return to your mistress, and submit yourself under her hand."

The text shows that Sarai was barren and she requested Abram to go into Hagar to get children by her. When Hagar conceived she despised Sarai who ill-treated her and she ran away. In Hagar's attempt to justify the cause of her ordeal, she was made to understand that the way forward was for her to go back and submit to her mistress, Sarai.

If it were today, many of us would have advised Hagar to engage in violent prayers so that Sarai would die or give way for her to possess her possession in Abram's Family. A 7-day vigil with fasting would have possibly been recommended so that Sarai would be chased out. But God knows that Hagar was not justified in her conduct. Be careful how you pass judgment, especially in issues that deal with marriages, and other internal issues like master-and-servant misunderstanding. Please go back and submit and let peace reign. Humble yourself so that God will fulfil His purpose for you. Do not destroy your future, marriage or career because of worthless ego. If you have wronged your wife or husband, kindly go and make peace.

Gracious God, grant me the grace to initiate reconciliation where necessary in my family in Jesus' name *Amen.*

*QUOTE OF THE DAY:*
God says

_"I have given you a new heart and put My own Spirit in you."_ *Ezekiel 36:26-27*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2023

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

✝TOPIC: IT IS SETTLED

✝TEXT: Genesis 17:1-23

17 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.
10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.
15 And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.
16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.
17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?
18 And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
19 And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
21 But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.
22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.
23 And Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham's house; and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the selfsame day, as God had said unto him.

✝STUDY: In the estimation of men, Abram was childless, but in God’s assessment, he was the father of many nations (v.5). Do not allow your present predicaments to cover your vision and hope for a better tomorrow. When Abram was 99, God appeared to him again and told him to walk before Him and be blameless. Abram’s name was changed from Abram to Abraham by God, in order to make him fit into the new level God had put him. God equally gave him assurance of his covenant with him and his generations. Circumcision of males would be the sign and God promised that Sarah would bear a son called Isaac.

God makes everything beautiful in its own time. For 24 years, He allowed Abram to bear the name Abram and changed it to Abraham (father of many) when it was right time. God will not allow you to be put to shame; your present challenges will soon turn to testimonies! Only resolve to walk with God and be blameless. Put your life in order as you wait for Him. You will soon begin to experience lasting peace, joy, and fulfilled life expectations.

✝Prayer: I thank you Father in anticipation of answered prayers for those challenges facing me.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:46am On Jan 12, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 12TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* DIVINE ENCOUNTER
*TEXT:* GENESIS 18: 1-15

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Then the LORD appeared to him by the terebinth trees of Mamre, as he was sitting in the tent door in the heat of the day.
2. So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw [them,] he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,
3. and said, "My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant.
4. "Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.
5. "And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant." They said, "Do as you have said."
6. So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, "Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead [it] and make cakes."
7. And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave [it] to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.
8. So he took butter and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and set [it] before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate.
9. Then they said to him, "Where [is] Sarah your wife?" So he said, "Here, in the tent."
10. And He said, "I will certainly return to you according to the time of life, and behold, Sarah your wife shall have a son." (Sarah was listening in the tent door which [was] behind him.)
11. Now Abraham and Sarah were old, well advanced in age; [and] Sarah had passed the age of childbearing.
12. Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, "After I have grown old, shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?"
13. And the LORD said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear [a child,] since I am old?'
14. "Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."
15. But Sarah denied [it,] saying, "I did not laugh," for she was afraid. And He said, "No, but you did laugh!"

There may be a gap between when God's promise is made and when it is fulfilled. This gap often demands spiritual and physical alertness. From our text, we observe that God appeared to Abraham in human form with special packages for his family. Abraham saw the three visitors and extended hospitality to them (vv. 2-cool. In the process of entertainment, the promise of a son was made to Abraham's family. Who knows what would have happened if Abraham had acted in an unfriendly manner as some of us would have done! The reaction of Sarah here may not be far from what many of us at her age would have done.

However, we should know that with God, nothing is impossible God works in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. He can visit you through means you least expect. Despite the challenges of our time where people abuse privilege of hospitality, do not give up in doing good. The word of God in Isaiah 3: 10 says that it shall be well with the righteous. Your long term expectation in life will soon be fulfilled. God has spoken well concerning you; believe it and that settles it.

Precious Father, may Your divine visitation come in my life and family this year. *Amen.*

*QUOTE OF THE DAY:*
God says

_"I am at work in your life through the desires of your heart."_ *Philippians 2:13*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:51am On Jan 13, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 13TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* BE CAREFUL!
*TEXT:* GENESIS 18: 16-end

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

16. Then the men rose from there and looked toward Sodom, and Abraham went with them to send them on the way. 17. And the Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am doing,
18. since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
19. For I have known him, in order that he may command his children and his household after him, that they keep the way of the Lord, to do righteousness and justice, that the Lord may bring to Abraham what He has spoken to him.” 20. And the Lord said, “Because the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grave,
21. I will go down now and see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry against it that has come to Me; and if not, I will know.”
22. Then the men turned away from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord.
23. And Abraham came near and said, “Would You also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
24. Suppose there were fifty righteous within the city; would You also destroy the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous that were in it?
25. Far be it from You to do such a thing as this, to slay the righteous with the wicked, so that the righteous should be as the wicked; far be it from You! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?”
26. So the Lord said, “If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.”
27. Then Abraham answered and said, “Indeed now, I who am but dust and ashes have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord:
28. Suppose there were five less than the fifty righteous; would You destroy all of the city for lack of five?”
So He said, “If I find there forty-five, I will not destroy it.”
29. And he spoke to Him yet again and said, “Suppose there should be forty found there?”
So He said, “I will not do it for the sake of forty.”
30. Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Suppose thirty should be found there?”
So He said, “I will not do it if I find thirty there.”
31. And he said, “Indeed now, I have taken it upon myself to speak to the Lord: Suppose twenty should be found there?”
So He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of twenty.”
32. Then he said, “Let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak but once more: Suppose ten should be found there?”

And He said, “I will not destroy it for the sake of ten.”
33. So the Lord went His way as soon as He had finished speaking with Abraham; and Abraham returned to his place.

Yesterday, we saw how God's visitation to the house of Abraham brought blessings to the family. As we notice in today's text, the extension of that same visit to Sodom and Gomorrah brought judgment to the city. While Abraham was busy interceding to save the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, they were busy enjoying the destructive pleasures of sin. Abraham pleaded with God to spare both cities if He could find ten righteous people and He agreed.

Today, the death of Christ is salvation to those who receive him as their Lord and personal Saviour, while for those who do not receive Him, it is condemnation (John 3: 18). Be careful how you live. You can make or mar your life based on the choices you make as well as actions you take in this life. God's visit brought blessings to Abraham's family but the same visit brought destruction to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah. Don't take the grace of God for granted. Mind where you go, the association you keep and the lifestyle you live. Do not be a hindrance to God's blessings for your family; make your life attractive for divine visitation.

Help me O God, to position myself for your visitations!

God says

_"I will give you rest in green pastures and lead you to still waters."_ *Psalm 23:2*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
✝️DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-01-15
(2nd Sunday In Epiphany)

�TOPIC: FIRST THING FIRST

✝️TEXT: John 2: 1-11 (NKJV)

1. On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
2. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding.
3. And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, "They have no wine."
4. Jesus said to her, "Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come."
5. His mother said to the servants, "Whatever He says to you, do [it."]
6. Now there were set there six waterpots of stone, according to the manner of purification of the Jews, containing twenty or thirty gallons apiece.
7. Jesus said to them, "Fill the waterpots with water." And they filled them up to the brim.
8. And He said to them, "Draw [some] out now, and take [it] to the master of the feast." And they took [it.]
9. When the master of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and did not know where it came from (but the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
10. And he said to him, "Every man at the beginning sets out the good wine, and when the [guests] have well drunk, then the inferior. You have kept the good wine until now!"
11. This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.

✝️STUDY:

In a moment of reflection, just imagine the level of shame the couple in our text would have faced if they had failed to invite Jesus. Whatever informed their decision to invite Jesus, saved them from serious life embarrassment. Mary played a sensitive role in this situation: She was observant to notice that there was a serious problem. She was also wise to approach the right source for solution. Jesus saw the need - He directed the servants on what do, and as they did it, the miracle manifested (v.9).

The master of the feast also confirmed it was good wine. In your family, place of work, local church, etc., always do things that add value and improve situations, not things that create problems. Jesus is standing at the door of your heart, knocking. Do not shut Him out. He is a friend in need and indeed. Allow him to reign over your life. With Him in you, you can face tomorrow. Give him a chance in your life, marriage, academics, business and career and you will never regret it. You need Him now more than ever before. If you keep Jesus out of your life, you expose your life to danger.

✝️ PRAYER: Take my life and let it be consecrated lord to thee. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:22am On Jan 16, 2023
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Monday, January 16, 2023

�TOPIC: YOU ARE NOT ALONE

✝️TEXT: Matthew 10; 24-31

24 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord.

25 It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28 And fear* not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows

✝️STUDY: Jesus came, He saw and He conquered. He overcame despite the numerous challenges He encountered. As His disciples, He wants us to follow in His footsteps and do likewise. Jesus was called Beelzebub [Prince of Demons]; and He warned his disciples that they may also witness such an accusation. They equally need to be careful because there is nothing covered that will not be revealed (v.26). They should therefore not be afraid of what man can do to them but of God.

Christians are here to represent Christ as His ambassadors on earth (2 Cor. 5:20). Do not allow the world to set a different life standard for you. Be a disciplined disciple of Christ. Be honest in serving Him. Do not mind what people say against you when you are doing the right thing. Be open to the leading of the Spirit of God in taking actions; you are safe when you are on the Lord’s side. In any situation, at any time, your primary aim must be geared towards doing the will of God, not the will of man. Do not be afraid to preach the gospel for God is with you.

✝️ PRAYER: Rock of ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:18am On Jan 17, 2023
Date: 2023-Jan-17

TOPIC: CAST NOT AWAY YOUR CONFIDENCE

✝️TEXT: Matthew 11:1-19(NKJV)
1. Now it came to pass, when Jesus finished commanding His twelve disciples, that He departed from there to teach and to preach in their cities.
2. And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples
3. and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?"
4. Jesus answered and said to them, "Go and tell John the things which you hear and see:
5. "[The] blind see and [the] lame walk; [the] lepers are cleansed and [the] deaf hear; [the] dead are raised up and [the] poor have the gospel preached to them.
6. "And blessed is he who is not offended because of Me."
7. As they departed, Jesus began to say to the multitudes concerning John: "What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed shaken by the wind?
8. "But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed, those who wear soft [clothing] are in kings' houses.
9. "But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I say to you, and more than a prophet.
10. "For this is [he] of whom it is written: 'Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You.'
11. "Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12. "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13. "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14. "And if you are willing to receive [it,] he is Elijah who is to come.
15. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
16. "But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions,
17. "and saying: 'We played the flute for you, And you did not dance; We mourned to you, And you did not lament.'
18. "For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.'
19. "The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

✝️STUDY: STUDY: John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus Christ. When John was imprisoned by Herod, he understandably would expect Jesus to intervene and set him free but that did not happen. John's question to Jesus:"Are you the one to come or do we look for another?” might therefore have been asked out of frustration and loss of confidence. Jesus sent John's disciples back as eye witnesses of what they heard Jesus say and do because blessed are those who do not become offended of Christ. John was the greatest prophet but the least in Heaven is greater than him. Jesus revealed that since the day of John the Baptist the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and that men of violence take it by force.<br>As you face difficult situations that challenge our faith, remember that God will never leave you nor forsake you (Isaiah 43:2). Simply trust, pray, obey and be patient with Him, for He will see you through (See Heb. 10:35-39). In these last days only violent Christians who remain undaunted and determined to the end can take the kingdom by force. Again, the love of many shall wax cold, so do not compromise your faith but remain faithful to the end.

✝️ PRAYER: Lord, please give me the grace to be true and faithful to you in all circumstances.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:34am On Jan 18, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 18TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* JESUS: THE LORD OF ALL
*TEXT:* MATTHEW 12: 1-8

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. And His disciples were hungry, and began to pluck heads of grain and to eat.
2. And when the Pharisees saw [it,] they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath!"
3. But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him:
4. "how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?
5. "Or have you not read in the law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath, and are blameless?
6. "Yet I say to you that in this place there is [One] greater than the temple.
7. "But if you had known what [this] means, 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
8. "For the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Jesus' disciples plucked heads of grains and ate on the Sabbath day was because they were hungry. When the Pharisees saw this, they complained to Jesus that His disciples were doing what was not lawful on the Sabbath. However, gleaning a handful of grains from a neighbour's field to satisfy immediate hunger was permitted (Deut. 23:25). Jesus gave them the example of David who ate bread meant only for Priests on the Sabbath day, and also gave to his followers to satisfy their immediate hunger, and was counted guiltless.

The essence of the Sabbath law is to work out God's glory. That is why Jesus healed the sick and did many miracles even on the Sabbath. If you find yourself in a position of authority in the Church, fellowship or public service, please make laws that are fair and glorify God. Do not make laws to intimidate, or entrap your enemies or opponents. Isaiah 10:1 says that if you make such unrighteous and obnoxious laws, you are under the curse of God. In all things, remember that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath and Lord over all situations. Is He your Lord? If not, make Him your Lord today.

Father, help me to love what You love and do what You would do. *Amen.*

God says

_"My power will rest on you when you are weak."_ *2 Corinthians 12:9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:38am On Jan 19, 2023
Date: 2023-Jan-19

TOPIC: BE A SOWER

✝️TEXT: Matthew 13:1-17(AMP)
1. THAT SAME day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting beside the sea.
2. But such great crowds gathered about Him that He got into a boat and remained sitting there, while all the throng stood on the shore.
3. And He told them many things in parables (stories by way of illustration and comparison), saying, A sower went out to sow.
4. And as he sowed, some seeds fell by the roadside, and the birds came and ate them up.
5. Other seeds fell on rocky ground, where they had not much soil; and at once they sprang up, because they had no depth of soil.
6. But when the sun rose, they were scorched, and because they had no root, they dried up and withered away.
7. Other seeds fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked them out.
8. Other seeds fell on good soil, and yielded grain--some a hundred times as much as was sown, some sixty times as much, and some thirty.
9. He who has ears [to hear], let him be listening and let him consider and perceive and comprehend by hearing.
10. Then the disciples came to Him and said, Why do You speak to them in parables?
11. And He replied to them, To you it has been given to know the secrets and mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.
12. For whoever has [spiritual knowledge], to him will more be given and he will be furnished richly so that he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
13. This is the reason that I speak to them in parables: because having the power of seeing, they do not see; and having the power of hearing, they do not hear, nor do they grasp and understand.
14. In them indeed is the process of fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah, which says: You shall indeed hear and hear but never grasp and understand; and you shall indeed look and look but never see and perceive.
15. For this nation's heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them. [Isa. 6:9, 10.]
16. But blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are your eyes because they do see, and your ears because they do hear.
17. Truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous men [men who were upright and in right standing with God] yearned to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

✝️STUDY: In today's passage, a Sower scatters seeds on different grounds which represent different types of the human hearts and dispositions. The seeds (word of God) which fell on the way side were eaten by birds; those that fell on stony ground did not have enough soil, so they were scorched and withered. Those which fell among thorns were choked and died while those which fell on good ground yielded good harvests. Proverbs 4:23 enjoins us to guard our hearts with all diligence because out of it flows the issues of life. If you hear beautiful words of God and still associate with drunkards and the sexually-immoral or with hard-hearted people, the word will not bear fruit. If you want to be rich and associate with fraudsters, ritual killers and the corrupt, soon you will be choked, and the word of God in you will die. If you want to retain every word of God you read and hear, please separate yourself from those who can influence you negatively. Please think on things that are truthful, honest, just, virtuous, pure, lovely and worthy of praise (Phil, 4:cool. Mediate on these things daily and preach the gospel today.

✝️PRAYER: God have mercy upon me, and incline my heart to keep your words.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 20TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* BE ATTENTIVE
*TEXT:* MATTHEW 13: 24-32

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

24. Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field;
25. "but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way.
26. "But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared.
27. "So the servants of the owner came and said to him, 'Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?'
28. "He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, 'Do you want us then to go and gather them up?'
29. "But he said, 'No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them.
30. 'Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, "First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn." ' "
31. Another parable He put forth to them, saying: "The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field,
32. "which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches."

Today's parable describes a man who planted good seed in his field, but while people slept, his enemy came and sowed bad seed. On their request whether they should remove the bad seed, the master tells his servants to allow the bad and good seeds to grow together until the day of harvest when final separation would take place. Jesus also told them the parable of the mustard seed that was planted and grew to be a useful great tree.

As a Christian, you need to be vigilant; you need to watch and pray. Guard your heart, feet, eyes and tongue so you do not fall prey to the enemies. Be careful not to fall into spiritual slumber. In the Church today, there are occultic people, armed robbers, kidnappers, fraudsters, thieves, fornicators and adulterers as well as the holy, righteous, kind and upright ones. However, everything is waiting for the day of reckoning when the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God (Psa. 9:17). We must be watchful so as to escape God's wrath. The day of reckoning is coming soon. Are you ready and awake or are you asleep?

Help me O God not to seek repose but to watch and pray as l am in the midst of foes. *Amen.*

God says

_"If you search for Me with all your heart, you will find me."_ *Jeremiah 29:13*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:49am On Jan 21, 2023
Date: 2023-Jan-21

TOPIC: A RECKLESS COMMITMENT

✝️TEXT: Matthew 14:1-12(AMP)
1. At that time Herod the governor heard the reports about Jesus,
2. And he said to his attendants, This is John the Baptist; He has been raised from the dead, and that is why the powers of performing miracles are at work in Him.
3. For Herod had arrested John and bound him and put him in prison [to stow him out of the way] on account and for the sake of Herodias, his brother Philip's wife,
4. For John had said to him, It is not lawful or right for you to have her. [Lev. 18:16; 20:21.]
5. Although he wished to have him put to death, he was afraid of the people, for they regarded John as a prophet.
6. But when Herod's birthday came, the daughter of Herodias danced in the midst [before the company] and pleased and fascinated Herod,
7. And so he promised with an oath to give her whatever she might ask.
8. And she, being put forward and prompted by her mother, said, Give me the head of John the Baptist right here on a platter.
9. And the king was distressed and sorry, but because of his oaths and his guests, he ordered it to be given her;
10. He sent and had John beheaded in the prison.
11. And his head was brought in on a platter and given to the little maid, and she brought it to her mother.
12. And John's disciples came and took up the body and buried it. Then they went and told Jesus.

✝️STUDY: Like any corrupt politician, Herod the tetrarch persuaded Herodias to leave her husband, Philip, to marry him (Herod). John the Baptist in his forthrightness condemned and reproved Herod, not minding the consequence that would ensue. During the celebration of Herod's birthday, he made a hasty and reckless promise under oath to Herodias' daughter who danced and pleased him and his guests. He promised to give her whatever she asked. On her mother's advice, Herodias' daughter asked for the head of John the Baptist right there on a platter; Herod granted the evil and wicked request. John's disciples buried his headless body and informed Jesus.The Church today is filled with hypocrites who flatter Church leaders. Some public servants curry the favour of their superior officers and refrain from correcting or telling them the truth. We must speak the truth in love as well as exhort and rebuke with all authority (Titus 2:15).Reckless and quick promises can make you do what you would ordinarily not do. No wonder the Bible enjoins us to be slow to speak (James l:19).Think and weigh every word before you speak! Do not make promises to God or to man that you will regret later.

✝️ PRAYER: Dear Lord, help me to speak the truth in love, rebuke and exhort with all authority.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by emynike2001(m): 3:47am On Jan 23, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY, 23RD JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* CHANGE YOUR GARMENT
*TEXT:* GENESIS 35:1-15

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Then God said to Jacob, "Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there; and make an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you fled from the face of Esau your brother."
2. And Jacob said to his household and to all who [were] with him, "Put away the foreign gods that [are] among you, purify yourselves, and change your garments.
3. "Then let us arise and go up to Bethel; and I will make an altar there to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and has been with me in the way which I have gone."
4. So they gave Jacob all the foreign gods which [were] in their hands, and the earrings which [were] in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the terebinth tree which [was] by Shechem.
5. And they journeyed, and the terror of God was upon the cities that [were] all around them, and they did not pursue the sons of Jacob.
6. So Jacob came to Luz (that [is,] Bethel), which [is] in the land of Canaan, he and all the people who [were] with him.
7. And he built an altar there and called the place El Bethel, because there God appeared to him when he fled from the face of his brother.
8. Now Deborah, Rebekah's nurse, died, and she was buried below Bethel under the terebinth tree. So the name of it was called Allon Bachuth.
9. Then God appeared to Jacob again, when he came from Padan Aram, and blessed him.
10. And God said to him, "Your name [is] Jacob; your name shall not be called Jacob anymore, but Israel shall be your name." So He called his name Israel.
11. Also God said to him: "I [am] God Almighty. Be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall proceed from you, and kings shall come from your body.
12. "The land which I gave Abraham and Isaac I give to you; and to your descendants after you I give this land."
13. Then God went up from him in the place where He talked with him.
14. So Jacob set up a pillar in the place where He talked with him, a pillar of stone; and he poured a drink offering on it, and he poured oil on it.
15. And Jacob called the name of the place where God spoke with him, Bethel.

God told Jacob to return and live in Bethel. Before they left, Jacob asked his family members and all that were with him to put away the foreign gods they had with them, purify themselves and change their garments. Jacob acknowledged that God answered him when he was in trouble; he therefore intended to build an altar for Him at Bethel. On reaching Bethel God appeared to Jacob, changed his name to Israel and blessed him and his descendants.

If we must worship God, we must first put away the strange gods such as love of money, covetousness, idolatry, greed, cheating, bribery, etc. We must purify ourselves by removing lust, sexual immorality and all other defilements. We must indeed have a change of the garment of attitude to sin and live unto righteousness. Think and identify the various mercies and deliverances God showed you last year. Can you reciprocate this love this year by testifying, praising and thanking the Lord? If not for God's mercies, you may not be alive today. If you do not have any material things with which to appreciate Him, your sincere worship and appreciation of His goodness will suffice. Decide to seek God today.

Loving Father, may You wash me in the blood of Jesus and change me. *Amen*

God says

_"I will not let you be tested beyond what you can endure."_ *1 Corinthians 10:13*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:32am On Jan 24, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 24TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* YOU ARE A STRANGER IN THIS COUNTRY!
*TEXT:* GENESIS 37:1-11

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Now Jacob dwelt in the land where his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.
2. This [is] the history of Jacob. Joseph, [being] seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brothers. And the lad [was] with the sons of Bilhah and the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives; and Joseph brought a bad report of them to his father.
3. Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he [was] the son of his old age. Also he made him a tunic of [many] colors.
4. But when his brothers saw that their father loved him more than all his brothers, they hated him and could not speak peaceably to him.
5. Now Joseph had a dream, and he told [it] to his brothers; and they hated him even more.
6. So he said to them, "Please hear this dream which I have dreamed:
7. "There we were, binding sheaves in the field. Then behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and indeed your sheaves stood all around and bowed down to my sheaf."
8. And his brothers said to him, "Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?" So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.
9. Then he dreamed still another dream and told it to his brothers, and said, "Look, I have dreamed another dream. And this time, the sun, the moon, and the eleven stars bowed down to me."
10. So he told [it] to his father and his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, "What [is] this dream that you have dreamed? Shall your mother and I and your brothers indeed come to bow down to the earth before you?"
11. And his brothers envied him, but his father kept the matter [in mind.]

Today's text indicates that Jacob dwelt in the land where his father was a stranger. Since Jacob loved Joseph more than all his children plus the fact that Joseph brought bad reports about his brothers to his father made them to hate him. The two dreams of Joseph's superiority attracted more hatred from his brothers.

In your family and place of work, even if you are favoured above other children or staff, please conduct your life and activities with circumspection and humility. If you must bring any report about your siblings, fellow staff or students, ensure the report is true, objective, correct, and without malice; and do not bring false reports. Christians must understand that they are stranger on earth. This world is not your home; you are only on a pilgrimage and will depart one day. Heaven is your home, but heaven will not accommodate sinners, cheats (whether in marriage or business), the wicked, occultic, greedy, liars, corrupt, and as many as thrive in enmity. You must be careful how you live on earth. How are you preparing for the day you will leave planet earth? Commit your life to Jesus today and begin a relationship with God.

Guide me, o Thou great Redeemer, Pilgrim through this barren land, *Amen.*

God says

_"My love will persevere through every situation."_ *1 Corinthians 13:4-7*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:22am On Jan 25, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 25TH JANUARY, 2023 _*{St. Paul's the Apostles' Day}*_ *THEME:* TOTAL SUBMISSION
*TEXT:* ACTS 9: 1-22

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Then Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
2. and asked letters from him to the synagogues of Damascus, so that if he found any who were of the Way, whether men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
3. As he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone around him from heaven.
4. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?"
5. And he said, "Who are You, Lord?" Then the Lord said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. It [is] hard for you to kick against the goads."
6. So he, trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" Then the Lord [said] to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
7. And the men who journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice but seeing no one.
8. Then Saul arose from the ground, and when his eyes were opened he saw no one. But they led him by the hand and brought [him] into Damascus.
9. And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
10. Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus named Ananias; and to him the Lord said in a vision, "Ananias." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
11. So the Lord [said] to him, "Arise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire at the house of Judas for [one] called Saul of Tarsus, for behold, he is praying.
12. "And in a vision he has seen a man named Ananias coming in and putting [his] hand on him, so that he might receive his sight."
13. Then Ananias answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much harm he has done to Your saints in Jerusalem.
14. "And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call on Your name."
15. But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.
16. "For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."
17. And Ananias went his way and entered the house; and laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you came, has sent me that you may receive your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
18. Immediately there fell from his eyes [something] like scales, and he received his sight at once; and he arose and was baptized.
19. So when he had received food, he was strengthened. Then Saul spent some days with the disciples at Damascus.
20. Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.
21. Then all who heard were amazed, and said, "Is this not he who destroyed those who called on this name in Jerusalem, and has come here for that purpose, so that he might bring them bound to the chief priests?"
22. But Saul increased all the more in strength, and confounded the Jews who dwelt in Damascus, proving that this [Jesus] is the Christ.

*EXTRA FOR THE DAY*
_*Take My Life, And Let It Be*_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of4l5bTdZ8M

Saul obtained a letter from the High Priest authorising him to go to Damascus and arrest Christians and bring them to Jerusalem. As he journeyed close to Damascus, a sudden light flashed around him from heaven and he fell down and became blind. Jesus asked him why he was persecuting him (Jesus). On realising it was Jesus he was persecuting, Saul submitted to Christ's authority and asked what he should do. He was told to enter Damascus and await further instructions which came through Ananias who laid hands on him restoring his sight. Paul was also baptised and preached Christ in Damascus.

Anybody who persecutes the Church or the followers of Christ is persecuting Christ. Some parents punish their children because they attend Church, Church vigils or other Christian activities, but do nothing to their other children who attend night clubs and other riotous places. If you are like such parents, you are persecuting Christ. Determine to encourage your children to serve God. Now that the year has just begun, resolve to love and serve Christ. Make peace with God by submitting your life to Jesus. Your future will be bright as you if you do.

Dear Lord, please help me discover my wrongs and totally submit to Your word and Your will in Jesus' name, *Amen.*

God says

_"I will not withhold anything good from those with an upright heart."_ *Psalm 84:11*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 26TH JANUARY, 2023 _*{Timothy And Titus, The Evangelists}*_ *THEME:* PURITY OF CONSCIENCE
*TEXT:* 2 TIMOTHY 1:1-8

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2. To Timothy, a beloved son: Grace, mercy, [and] peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. I thank God, whom I serve with a pure conscience, as [my] forefathers [did,] as without ceasing I remember you in my prayers night and day,
4. greatly desiring to see you, being mindful of your tears, that I may be filled with joy,
5. when I call to remembrance the genuine faith that is in you, which dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice, and I am persuaded is in you also.
6. Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.
7. For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
8. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God.

Paul served God with a pure conscience and he prayed regularly for Timothy. The genuine faith that was in Timothy's grandmother Lois and mother Eunice was also in Timothy. Paul encouraged Timothy to stir up God's gift in his life because God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind. Timothy should not be ashamed of testifying ofJesus or ofPaul but should share with Paul his sufferings for the gospel.

In Christianity, purity of conscience matters because if we regard iniquity in our hearts, God will not hear us (Psalm 66:18). Some people worship God without a pure conscience, but with ulterior motive; because of what they secretly expect to gain from the Church. However, God accepts worship from a pure conscience. Do you want to see Jesus after all 'your years of worship here on earth? Then purge your heart of sin, lust, enmity, etc for Matthew 5:9 tells us that blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God. You can purify your heart and conscience by making a conscious effort to think on things that are honest, true, just, pure, lovely, of good report and virtuous (Phil.4:cool.

Dear Lord, sanctify my heart and purify my conscience in Jesus' name, *Amen.*

God says

_"I look after foreigners and I help the fatherless and the widow."_ *Psalm 146: 9*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:19am On Jan 27, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-01-27

🎯TOPIC: BEWARE OF FAVOURITISM!

✝️📖TEXT: Genesis 37(NKJV)

1. Now Jacob dwelt in the land where his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.
2. This [is] the history of Jacob. Joseph, [being] seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brothers. And the lad [was] with the sons of Bilhah and the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives; and Joseph brought a bad report of them to his father.
3. Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he [was] the son of his old age. Also he made him a tunic of [many] colors.
4. But when his brothers saw that their father loved him more than all his brothers, they hated him and could not speak peaceably to him.
5. Now Joseph had a dream, and he told [it] to his brothers; and they hated him even more.
6. So he said to them, "Please hear this dream which I have dreamed:
7. "There we were, binding sheaves in the field. Then behold, my sheaf arose and also stood upright; and indeed your sheaves stood all around and bowed down to my sheaf."
8. And his brothers said to him, "Shall you indeed reign over us? Or shall you indeed have dominion over us?" So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.
9. Then he dreamed still another dream and told it to his brothers, and said, "Look, I have dreamed another dream. And this time, the sun, the moon, and the eleven stars bowed down to me."
10. So he told [it] to his father and his brothers; and his father rebuked him and said to him, "What [is] this dream that you have dreamed? Shall your mother and I and your brothers indeed come to bow down to the earth before you?"
11. And his brothers envied him, but his father kept the matter [in mind.]
12. Then his brothers went to feed their father's flock in Shechem.
13. And Israel said to Joseph, "Are not your brothers feeding [the flock] in Shechem? Come, I will send you to them." So he said to him, "Here I am."
14. Then he said to him, "Please go and see if it is well with your brothers and well with the flocks, and bring back word to me." So he sent him out of the Valley of Hebron, and he went to Shechem.
15. Now a certain man found him, and there he was, wandering in the field. And the man asked him, saying, "What are you seeking?"
16. So he said, "I am seeking my brothers. Please tell me where they are feeding [their flocks."]
17. And the man said, "They have departed from here, for I heard them say, 'Let us go to Dothan.' " So Joseph went after his brothers and found them in Dothan.
18. Now when they saw him afar off, even before he came near them, they conspired against him to kill him.
19. Then they said to one another, "Look, this dreamer is coming!
20. "Come therefore, let us now kill him and cast him into some pit; and we shall say, 'Some wild beast has devoured him.' We shall see what will become of his dreams!"
21. But Reuben heard [it,] and he delivered him out of their hands, and said, "Let us not kill him."
22. And Reuben said to them, "Shed no blood, [but] cast him into this pit which [is] in the wilderness, and do not lay a hand on him" -- that he might deliver him out of their hands, and bring him back to his father.
23. So it came to pass, when Joseph had come to his brothers, that they stripped Joseph [of] his tunic, the tunic of [many] colors that [was] on him.
24. Then they took him and cast him into a pit. And the pit [was] empty; [there was] no water in it.
25. And they sat down to eat a meal. Then they lifted their eyes and looked, and there was a company of Ishmaelites, coming from Gilead with their camels, bearing spices, balm, and myrrh, on their way to carry [them] down to Egypt.
26. So Judah said to his brothers, "What profit [is there] if we kill our brother and conceal his blood?
27. "Come and let us sell him to the Ishmaelites, and let not our hand be upon him, for he [is] our brother [and] our flesh." And his brothers listened.
28. Then Midianite traders passed by; so [the brothers] pulled Joseph up and lifted him out of the pit, and sold him to the Ishmaelites for twenty [shekels] of silver. And they took Joseph to Egypt.
29. Then Reuben returned to the pit, and indeed Joseph [was] not in the pit; and he tore his clothes.
30. And he returned to his brothers and said, "The lad [is] no [more;] and I, where shall I go?"
31. So they took Joseph's tunic, killed a kid of the goats, and dipped the tunic in the blood.
32. Then they sent the tunic of [many] colors, and they brought [it] to their father and said, "We have found this. Do you know whether it [is] your son's tunic or not?"
33. And he recognized it and said, "[It is] my son's tunic. A wild beast has devoured him. Without doubt Joseph is torn to pieces."
34. Then Jacob tore his clothes, put sackcloth on his waist, and mourned for his son many days.
35. And all his sons and all his daughters arose to comfort him; but he refused to be comforted, and he said, "For I shall go down into the grave to my son in mourning." Thus his father wept for him.
36. Now the Midianites had sold him in Egypt to Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh [and] captain of the guard.

✝️🗒️STUDY: In today bible passage, we see how Jacob showed open favouritism to Joseph among his brothers. This favouritism evoked envy and jealousy against Joseph from his brothers who hated him. In addition, Joseph from time to time, brought to his father bad reports about his brothers. This made his brothers to hate him more, and eventually, conspired and sold him to the Midianites. In fact, they would have killed Joseph if not for the intervention of Reuben. The Midianites later sold Joseph in Egypt to Potiphar.<br>In this new year, we must reject jealousy and envy out of our lives. We must decide to forgive everybody who offends us even our enemy and be nice to them (Romans 12:20-21). Also, we learn a simple wisdom from our text today - even if we have a reason to love any of our children, staff or servants more than the others, let us not make it so obvious as to exasperate the others. We must exercise restraint in the way we praise, admire and give gifts to our favourite person so as not to endanger their lives and future.

✝️🙏 PRAYER: Help me Lord to forgive my enemies. I receive the grace to do good to all men, especially to those in the household of faith. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:38am On Jan 28, 2023
✝️📗DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2023-01-28

🎯TOPIC: ASCRIBE THE GLORY TO GOD

✝️📖TEXT: Genesis 40 (NKJV)
1. It came to pass after these things [that] the butler and the baker of the king of Egypt offended their lord, the king of Egypt.
2. And Pharaoh was angry with his two officers, the chief butler and the chief baker.
3. So he put them in custody in the house of the captain of the guard, in the prison, the place where Joseph [was] confined.
4. And the captain of the guard charged Joseph with them, and he served them; so they were in custody for a while.
5. Then the butler and the baker of the king of Egypt, who [were] confined in the prison, had a dream, both of them, each man's dream in one night [and] each man's dream with its [own] interpretation.
6. And Joseph came in to them in the morning and looked at them, and saw that they [were] sad.
7. So he asked Pharaoh's officers who [were] with him in the custody of his lord's house, saying, "Why do you look [so] sad today?"
8. And they said to him, "We each have had a dream, and [there is] no interpreter of it." So Joseph said to them, "Do not interpretations belong to God? Tell [them] to me, please."
9. Then the chief butler told his dream to Joseph, and said to him, "Behold, in my dream a vine [was] before me,
10. "and in the vine [were] three branches; it [was] as though it budded, its blossoms shot forth, and its clusters brought forth ripe grapes.
11. "Then Pharaoh's cup [was] in my hand; and I took the grapes and pressed them into Pharaoh's cup, and placed the cup in Pharaoh's hand."
12. And Joseph said to him, "This [is] the interpretation of it: The three branches [are] three days.
13. "Now within three days Pharaoh will lift up your head and restore you to your place, and you will put Pharaoh's cup in his hand according to the former manner, when you were his butler.
14. "But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house.
15. "For indeed I was stolen away from the land of the Hebrews; and also I have done nothing here that they should put me into the dungeon."
16. When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said to Joseph, "I also [was] in my dream, and there [were] three white baskets on my head.
17. "In the uppermost basket [were] all kinds of baked goods for Pharaoh, and the birds ate them out of the basket on my head."
18. So Joseph answered and said, "This [is] the interpretation of it: The three baskets [are] three days.
19. "Within three days Pharaoh will lift off your head from you and hang you on a tree; and the birds will eat your flesh from you."
20. Now it came to pass on the third day, [which was] Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast for all his servants; and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
21. Then he restored the chief butler to his butlership again, and he placed the cup in Pharaoh's hand.
22. But he hanged the chief baker, as Joseph had interpreted to them.
23. Yet the chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him.

✝️🗒️STUDY: Joseph was careful to observe that Pharaoh's officers who were with him in prison had a sad countenance. He therefore asked them,“Why do you look so sad today?” It was this question that made each of the officers to open up and tell Joseph the dreams he had that made him sad. When they told him their dreams, Joseph who had the gift to interpret dreams simply asked them “Do not interpretations belong to God?”Joseph's interpretations came to pass as he had said but the butler who was restored forgot about him.<br>Joseph did not request payment before interpreting the dreams.

Today, some gospel artists and ministers demand for payment before doing the work of God. Some boast that they are self-made, thereby arrogating praise and glory to themselves and forgetting that God will not share his glory with any man (Isa. 42:cool. We must acknowledge God for every gift we have. In this new year, think of the welfare of your family, neighbours and other acquaintances. Call someone on phone today and enquire about their welfare. When you do this, you will discover there are people whose lives can be brightened by just a phone call.

🙏 PRAYER: Great Father, please incline my heart to ascribe all glory and praise to You. Amen.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Jan 30, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* MONDAY, 30TH JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* GIVE SOMEONE A SECOND CHANCE
*TEXT:* ACTS 15:30-41

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

30. So when they were sent off, they came to Antioch; and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the letter.
31. When they had read it, they rejoiced over its encouragement.
32. Now Judas and Silas, themselves being prophets also, exhorted and strengthened the brethren with many words.
33. And after they had stayed [there] for a time, they were sent back with greetings from the brethren to the apostles.
34. However, it seemed good to Silas to remain there.
35. Paul and Barnabas also remained in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.
36. Then after some days Paul said to Barnabas, "Let us now go back and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the Lord, [and see] how they are doing."
37. Now Barnabas was determined to take with them John called Mark.
38. But Paul insisted that they should not take with them the one who had departed from them in Pamphylia, and had not gone with them to the work.
39. Then the contention became so sharp that they parted from one another. And so Barnabas took Mark and sailed to Cyprus;
40. but Paul chose Silas and departed, being commended by the brethren to the grace of God.
41. And he went through Syria and Cilicia, strengthening the churches.

The resolution of the Jerusalem Council was very important. Judas and Silas who were prophets (v.32), were sent to Antioch where they delivered the letter and they also encouraged and strengthened the believers there. The sharp disagreement between Paul and Barnabas because of John Mark led to Paul and Barnabas parting ways. Barnabas took John Mark and sailed to Cyprus while Paul took Silas and departed after being commended by the brethren to the grace of God.

Barnabas was ready to give John Mark a second chance. This helped John Mark to get matured that Paul later saw the need to continue with Mark against his earlier position (2 Tim. 4:11). As believers, we may disagree but should not quarrel. Our primary aim while preaching should be to encourage, strengthen and motivate others with the word. Please do not condemn people while preaching. Again, in our relationship with other believers, we should respect each other's views and ensure that what guides our opinion is the central interest of the gospel. Where disagreement occurs, we should settle it in love and forgive as people that are running the same race. Do same in family disputes. Give someone a second chance today.

Give me the grace O Lord, to do Your will always. *Amen.*

God says

_"At the end of the age, My righteous ones will shine like the sun in My kingdom."_ *Matthew 13: 43*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:23am On Jan 31, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 31ST JANUARY, 2023 *THEME:* HAVE A GOOD TESTIMONY
*TEXT:* ACTS 16: 1-15

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

1. Then he came to Derbe and Lystra. And behold, a certain disciple was there, named Timothy, [the] son of a certain Jewish woman who believed, but his father [was] Greek.
2. He was well spoken of by the brethren who were at Lystra and Iconium.
3. Paul wanted to have him go on with him. And he took [him] and circumcised him because of the Jews who were in that region, for they all knew that his father was Greek.
4. And as they went through the cities, they delivered to them the decrees to keep, which were determined by the apostles and elders at Jerusalem.
5. So the churches were strengthened in the faith, and increased in number daily.
6. Now when they had gone through Phrygia and the region of Galatia, they were forbidden by the Holy Spirit to preach the word in Asia.
7. After they had come to Mysia, they tried to go into Bithynia, but the Spirit did not permit them.
8. So passing by Mysia, they came down to Troas.
9. And a vision appeared to Paul in the night. A man of Macedonia stood and pleaded with him, saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us."
10. Now after he had seen the vision, immediately we sought to go to Macedonia, concluding that the Lord had called us to preach the gospel to them.
11. Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next [day] came to Neapolis,
12. and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days.
13. And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met [there.]
14. Now a certain woman named Lydia heard [us.] She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul.
15. And when she and her household were baptized, she begged [us,] saying, "If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay." So she persuaded us.

The testimony of people concerning your life is important. In the city of Derbe and Lystra, Paul met Timothy. Notice that Timothy had a good reputation among the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. This attracted the interest of Paul towards him and he picked him up for the work of the ministry. Timothy was considered important for the work of the gospel and so Paul circumcised him to create access for him among the Jews because Timothy's father was a Greek. In this missionary journey we observe how they were directed by the Holy Spirit in their missionary engagements. Paul's preaching at Philippi led to the conversion and baptism of Lydia and her household.

What type of testimony will people give concerning your life? Please create a good testimony in your home, work or business by your Christian conduct. Do not say it does not matter. Most of us today say we are not ashamed of the gospel and yet we bring shame to the gospel. You are the letter people read (2 Cor. 3:2). Your Christian conduct must be accepted in your area of influence for people to accept your message. Reposition yourself for acceptable service and have a good testimony.

Father, grant me grace to live a Christ-like life in my generation in Jesus' name, *Amen.*

God says

_"Not one of My promises will ever fail you."_ *Joshua 23:14*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:52am On Feb 01, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 1ST FEBRUARY, 2023 *THEME:* ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD
*TEXT:* ACTS 16: 16-end

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

16. Now it happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune-telling.
17. This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out, saying, “These men are the servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to us the way of salvation.”
18. And this she did for many days.
But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And he came out that very hour.
19. But when her masters saw that their hope of profit was gone, they seized Paul and Silas and dragged them into the marketplace to the authorities.
20. And they brought them to the magistrates, and said, “These men, being Jews, exceedingly trouble our city;
21. And they teach customs which are not lawful for us, being Romans, to receive or observe.”
22. Then the multitude rose up together against them; and the magistrates tore off their clothes and commanded them to be beaten with rods.
23. And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely.
24. Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks.
25. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.
26. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.
27. And the keeper of the prison, awaking from sleep and seeing the prison doors open, supposing the prisoners had fled, drew his sword and was about to kill himself.
28. But Paul called with a loud voice, saying, “Do yourself no harm, for we are all here.”
29. Then he called for a light, ran in, and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas.
30. And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31. So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
32. Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.
33. And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.
34. Now when he had brought them into his house, he set food before them; and he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household.
35. And when it was day, the magistrates sent the [e]officers, saying, “Let those men go.”
36. So the keeper of the prison reported these words to Paul, saying, “The magistrates have sent to let you go. Now therefore depart, and go in peace.”
37. But Paul said to them, “They have beaten us openly, uncondemned Romans, and have thrown us into prison. And now do they put us out secretly? No indeed! Let them come themselves and get us out.”
38. And the officers told these words to the magistrates, and they were afraid when they heard that they were Romans.
39. Then they came and pleaded with them and brought them out, and asked them to depart from the city.
40. So they went out of the prison and entered the house of Lydia; and when they had seen the brethren, they encouraged them and departed.

Romans 8:28 states in part, _“...all things work together for good to those who love God....”_ This played out in our text today. In their ministry journey, Paul and Silas met the girl described here as possessing the spirit of divination. Paul, in the power of the Holy Spirit, cast out the spirit. This resulted in severe beating and imprisonment for them. However, despite their travail, they resorted to praising God who came to their rescue! This led to the repentance of the jailer and his household.

When Christians face trials, they fail to ask God to work out His purpose through their experiences. It is true that trials are usually tough and unexpected, but God knows why they come to us. What He requires from us is to trust Him and allow Him to turn the situation for good to give Him glory. If Paul and Silas had started to lament in the prison and possibly abuse and curse God, God would not have intervened and the jailer would not have encountered Christ and the disciples would have rot in prison. Let us always leave matters in God's hands.

Dear Father, may You help me to trust You in all situations and leave You to work out things good from them, *Amen.*

God says

_"I am seated in the heavens and My kingdom reigns over all."_ *Psalms 103:19*

*WELCOME TO THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY*
In this New Month, your health shall prosper, your finances shall prosper and the Lord will remove every hindrance on your path. No matter how incomplete this Month is, you and your household shall experience unprecedented completeness in this February and beyond. Lines will fall for you in pleasant places in Jesus' Name. *Amen*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:01am On Feb 02, 2023
_(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 2ND FEBRUARY, 2023 _*{Presentation of Christ in the Temple}*_ *THEME:* AN OBEDIENT FAMILY
*TEXT:* LUKE 2: 22-35

*BIBLE READING* (NKJV)

22. Now when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were completed, they brought Him to Jerusalem to present [Him] to the Lord
23. (as it is written in the law of the Lord, "Every male who opens the womb shall be called holy to the LORD"wink,
24. and to offer a sacrifice according to what is said in the law of the Lord, "A pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons."
25. And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
26. And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
27. So he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when the parents brought in the Child Jesus, to do for Him according to the custom of the law,
28. he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said:
29. "Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word;
30. For my eyes have seen Your salvation
31. Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples,
32. A light to [bring] revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel."
33. And Joseph and His mother marveled at those things which were spoken of Him.
34. Then Simeon blessed them, and said to Mary His mother, "Behold, this [Child] is destined for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign which will be spoken against
35. "(yes, a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."

The family Jesus was born into obeyed the commandments of God as given through Moses. According to verse 22 of our reading, Jesus was brought by His earthly parents to present Him in the Temple after Mary's days of purification for a male baby were over (Lev. 12:1-4). They offered a sacrifice as much as they could afford as required by law (v.24; Lev.12: 6-cool. When Jesus was presented in the Temple, He was celebrated by Simeon, a celebration that gave birth to the Nunc Dimitis, used by the church today.

When children are raised in a godly family they out in the society. A biblical example is Timothy whose Christian background was traced to his grandmother - Lois - down to his mother - Eunice (2 Tim. 1:5). Another striking example is that of a Puritan Preacher in the 1700s - Jonathan Edward - whose godly family legacy produced a U. S. Vice-President, U. S. Senators, Governors, Mayors, Judges, Doctors, Professors, Military Officers, Lawyers, Clergymen and many College Graduates. What type of family do you have? Humbly ask God for a blueprint to follow. Today's children will become tomorrow's leaders and what you plant in them today will be exhibited to the world tomorrow!

Dear Father, may my family be one that will always obey You. *Amen.*

God says

_"All My plans will be fulfilled, for I know the end from the beginning."_ *Isaiah 46:10*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Experience Lagos 2012 / OPEN AND SEE HOW POPULAR NAIRALAND ATHIESTS ACCEPT JESUS / 'let My Enemies Die By Fire'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 287
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.