Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,566 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Gubernatorial Elections In Imo State: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gubernatorial Elections In Imo State: (1244 Views)

Kogi Gubernatorial Elections – Live Updates #KogiDecides / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Predict Who Will Win The Gubernatorial Elections In Your State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gubernatorial Elections In Imo State: by VictorySTAYER: 3:00am On Apr 30, 2011
Hmmm, Many a state have been notified of the result of the gubernatorial election held within their environs, but Imo state has proven to be one of the JUDASs among the 37.
Clearly, the elections have been won and lost, but the incumbent governor, Ikedi Ohakim, who called himself IKIRI {a bush animal} have refused to sign the result claiming that elections did not take place in 4 local government areas. The issue was taken to Abuja after the election was declared inconclusive by the returning officer. This night, I watched the news update on African Independent Television{AIT} where the INEC decided to hold election on the 6th day of May, being a friday, in six local government areas including, Mbaitoli, Ohaji~Egbema, Oguta, Ngor~Okpala, part of Orji and another,
We were promised a free and fair election which has become evident, but Imo state must have it's share in it. The people have made their choice, so give them their governor! We have voted Owelle Rochas Okorocha as the new governor in Imo state by giving him victory in 19 local goverments, but it was officially reduced to 12LGAs. This is democracy where it should be the people and the government set up by the people first, but here, the person occupying the sit is regarded as the all and all.
Yesterday, I watched as soldiers trooped into Owerri, the capital of Imo state, like United States soldiers into Afghanistan, and ECOMOG soldiers into Liberia or Libya. They trooped~in in batches of 20, 30, 25, I just couldn't help but count as I wondered, "Military Rule Again"
Well, I believe Imo is in the hand's of God, like our slogan goes. He sets up a government and brings another down. The people have made their choice, so it shall be,
Re: Gubernatorial Elections In Imo State: by topnaija44(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2011
Imo State seriously needs prayer. A re-run will be held on 6th May. The will of the masses will prevail against all odds and operation. APGA will still carry the day if a fair and free election is conducted.  God Bless Imo State.
Re: Gubernatorial Elections In Imo State: by 1025: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2011
Hmmm, Many a state have been notified of the result of the gubernatorial election held within their environs, but Imo state has proven to be one of the JUDASs among the 37.
Clearly, the elections have been won and lost, but the incumbent governor, Ikedi Ohakim, who called himself IKIRI {a bush animal} have refused to sign the result claiming that elections did not take place in 4 local government areas. The issue was taken to Abuja after the election was declared inconclusive by the returning officer. This night, I watched the news update on African Independent Television{AIT} where the INEC decided to hold election on the 6th day of May, being a friday, in six local government areas including, Mbaitoli, Ohaji~Egbema, Oguta, Ngor~Okpala, part of Orji and another,
We were promised a free and fair election which has become evident, but Imo state must have it's share in it. The people have made their choice, so give them their governor! We have voted Owelle Rochas Okorocha as the new governor in Imo state by giving him victory in 19 local goverments, but it was officially reduced to 12LGAs. This is democracy where it should be the people and the government set up by the people first, but here, the person occupying the sit is regarded as the all and all.
Yesterday, I watched as soldiers trooped into Owerri, the capital of Imo state, like United States soldiers into Afghanistan, and ECOMOG soldiers into Liberia or Libya. They trooped~in in batches of 20, 30, 25, I just couldn't help but count as I wondered, "Military Rule Again"
Well, I believe Imo is in the hand's of God, like our slogan goes. He sets up a government and brings another down. The people have made their choice, so it shall be,

@victorystayer,
what do u want imo ppl to do? the ppl have voted and it is the duty of the corrupt inec and federal govt to to announce the results.
the truth of the matter is that obasanjo put the state in this mess which ended up bringing an accidental governor to the state. now they want someone of their choice. mr. free and fair elections and his foreign observers must have released the results instead of replaying the same tape of 2007 where agbaso was denied at the middle of the sea.
anyways imo state is proving inec and jonathan's claims of free and fair elections.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Beats Wife To Coma / Iweala,akunyili,prof. Nnaji,ezekwesili,soludo And Aganga-what A Combination! / Nigeria: The Next African Bric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.