Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

My Best Job Ever - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Best Job Ever (223 Views)

My Best Christian PDF Books So Far / Reviving Word ; What Is The Best Job?? / My Best Bible Verses.they Are Just Incredible, Mind-blowing and Refreshing.!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Best Job Ever by SonofIssachar: 12:30am On May 26, 2021
By all accounts, I am an ordinary, middle-aged woman no different from millions just like me. Over the course of my lifetime, I have had my share of jobs (and I use the word “job” because I can’t really say I ever pursued a “career” in anything).

I am an Executive Assistant. When I got my first job, and for the following fifteen or twenty years thereafter, I was called a “Secretary”. They don’t call it that anymore, it’s not politically correct and although I never really understood why it was necessary to change it, ‘they’ did.

In addition to working in an office, there were other jobs that included waitress work (now called ‘server’) and a host of factory and manufacturing jobs during the summertime of my high school years. I have always given my employer the best I had to offer, remained loyal, trustworthy and punctual and worked 50 weeks out of the year. Besides a paycheck at the end of the week and those two glorious weeks out of the year they call “vacation”, most jobs have been pretty mundane with self-effacing rewards at the end of the day.

However, one job in particular that I have held throughout the last 32 years has proven to be the most rewarding, most fulfilling and most important to me. That job was given to me when I became a Mom. Seven years and eleven months to the day from when I got married my new ‘job’ was given to me wrapped in a little pink blanket. Ashley Christine, followed by a baby sister 23 months later created the job of a lifetime and had all the makings of that dream job you hear others talk about and envy.

Like the reward a NASA engineer must feel at the completion of a spaceship that will travel into orbit, I have built two beautiful people who have given me such pride and happiness and who have fulfilled my dreams beyond my imagination. While other moms complained of all the work, money and effort that went into raising their kids, I lavished the idea.

From Mommie to Mom, to Mother, each step of the way has been enlivening. Starting even before that first step without holding on to the coffee table, which was followed by the babbling sound of MaMa and DaDa, kisses blown from a tiny little hand, falling asleep in my arms, Christmas mornings, the first day of Kindergarten, learning to swim, blowing out candles on a birthday cake, braces in middle school, their first kiss followed almost immediately by their first broken heart, softball games, dance recitals, cheerleading practice, learning to drive, high school football, the prom, graduation, packing for college, buying their first car, college graduation, moving back home, getting engaged and planning a wedding, it was my privilege to do my job and be there filled with pride each step of the way. Each and every day was not just another twenty-four hours, but another chance to make a difference – to teach and train, to mentor and to learn and grow along with them.

Now as I sit here at my desk, pushing paper from one side to another, answering the endless ringing of phones and watching the clock in anticipation of 5:00, I stop for a moment and day dream of all those precious memories that held my fascination and kept me coming back day after day, year after blissful year for more, as I performed the greatest job of my life – the job of being a Mom.

By Linda Hastings

Meditation: And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. – Genesis 3:20

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

A Joyful Life
A Mother’s Love
My One-Eyed Mother

Re: My Best Job Ever by chukwuibuipob: 2:52am On May 26, 2021
sad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Thing Is Needful / Haughtiness And Pride Versus Humility And Meekness – What Is Winning? / The Spiritual Case Of Mr Ataga And How You Can Prevent Yourself As A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.