Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? (8668 Views)

How Many World Class Developers Do We Have On Nairaland / Lagos Bred Software Developer Joins Big Global Tech Company Stackoverflow / Gurus In The House, What Do Backend Developers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by walexy1(m): 11:57am On May 26, 2021
That is a million dollar question.

Anyways, as a developer, stackoverflow is the next destination when I get some funny errors in my console when writing programs.

You get answers to virtually any programming issues you encounter. This is because someone must have asked such questions before and received answers. So, to answer your question, you can't do without stackoverflow.

For your javascript question, I would say there's no need cramming anything. Your daily usage of these things would make it become a second nature to you in solving real life challenges.

By the way, I write softwares in dart and flutter!
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Ajenikoko89: 11:58am On May 26, 2021
fnep2smooth:
If you are truly a python developer you should know that nobody, I mean no body can cram all the good. You think of what you want to achieve and you research on how to code it.

It may be a new invention or a code someone has solve before m, any way you choose you still need to research.

Google and stackoverflow has help millions of developers achieve incredible things in till current time.

Don't use Nigeria mentality of studying by craming all the text book in the work to pass.... In code you research and you test what you found in your research. If it works then good, you modify and move to the next task and if it doesn't, you go back and continue your search.

Hope it helps
Stackoverflow and google are best bet for programmers but make sure you understand the syntax because code can never to cram.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by anonymousposts: 11:58am On May 26, 2021
it was possible in the 70s and early 80s by using reference books
But development is much larger these days - many namespaces, functions, etc
also, it is much smarter and achieves better result to use these resources
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Sososo(f): 12:01pm On May 26, 2021
here to learn from the gurus
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by tannystacey: 12:02pm On May 26, 2021
Impossible.

If you are a beginner in tech there is a huge chance that you will have lots of questions. Stackoverflow is a life saver. You learn and see different ways of solving problems.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by oluwaseyi0: 12:03pm On May 26, 2021
capital no

how can you even think of such question? I'm already scared mere seeing the question
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Iykon1313(m): 12:05pm On May 26, 2021
If you want to get mad then try to cram everything. You will get yourself at the closest refuse bin. Plz always stack overflow and google.

4 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by hofeshhomes: 12:07pm On May 26, 2021
"developer"
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by avrilwisedata: 12:08pm On May 26, 2021
Horeso5356:
Hi
People like this give legit data resellers a bad name.
Mods, Kindly assist do the needful
lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44
Puskin
seun
troot

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by neighbourhud: 12:15pm On May 26, 2021
Know the basics...don't cram

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by peacettw: 12:16pm On May 26, 2021
Can you function without oxygen?
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by peacettw: 12:17pm On May 26, 2021
Iykon1313:
If you want to get mad then try to cram everything. You will get yourself at the closest refuse bin. Plz always stack overflow and google.

So true
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by OneKinGuy(m): 12:17pm On May 26, 2021
Powersurge:
Do without Google, yes! Because there are other search engines.

BUT... It will be very hard to do without stackoverflow. It has helped my life a lot.
Nailed it!
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by abimic(m): 12:24pm On May 26, 2021
I post lost of questions on quora, and even stackoverflow. Stackoverflow really helped me get on easily with Laravel, while i use quora for data research/analysis using python, esp if i do not feel comfortable with advance excel. No developer is an island, we all need each other, so no developer can do without a community of developers.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:28pm On May 26, 2021
Mods, pls add software before developers in the topic.
Thanx

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by tesseract: 12:35pm On May 26, 2021
Nope... Not possible. Google and Stackoverflow are the ultimate life savers for software developers or programmers.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Teejay13(m): 12:41pm On May 26, 2021
You can try cramming codes lol.

Nothing is not achievable

Maybe na your head them go start make history.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Regex: 12:42pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

Although I use python in my field for network automation.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

After learning JavaScript basic what next?

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

Brother, I deh Google some html tags sometimes. You don't have to cram, you just have to understand what you are doing and be able to recognise some JavaScript code when you see them. Dasol

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by twosquare(m): 12:48pm On May 26, 2021
grin grin
BabaIbo:
Na wetin I be wan use take chop be this but after learning html, css, Java etc. and about to start python or so, I lost interest for it and joined the business world.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by opezyhick: 12:52pm On May 26, 2021
Lol ! . ! . ! Can This question no deserve Answer
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2021
Use github or slashdot

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Maj196(m): 1:03pm On May 26, 2021
Noo, those are my messiahs grin
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by owbabs: 1:11pm On May 26, 2021
You want to reinvent the wheel lol.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by miketayo(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2021
fnep2smooth:
If you are truly a python developer you should know that nobody, I mean no body can cram all the good. You think of what you want to achieve and you research on how to code it.

It may be a new invention or a code someone has solve before m, any way you choose you still need to research.

Google and stackoverflow has help millions of developers achieve incredible things in till current time.

Don't use Nigeria mentality of studying by craming all the text book in the work to pass.... In code you research and you test what you found in your research. If it works then good, you modify and move to the next task and if it doesn't, you go back and continue your search.

Hope it helps

You answered it already
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Karleb(m): 1:15pm On May 26, 2021
Even Google cannot do without Google.

3 Likes

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by nullbyte: 1:20pm On May 26, 2021
capital N.O!

there is noway you can do without google or the other.

You will always find yourself searching to solve an error or just to get some task done.

My 2 cents!
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by bukxy: 1:27pm On May 26, 2021
fnep2smooth:

Hope it helps

you've said it all,

think of what you want to build and how to make it come to life through ~codes regardless of the language you want to use.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Triangles1(m): 1:29pm On May 26, 2021
d1tto:
The speed and accuracy of ones code google search is what makes a good programmer.

Correct me if am wrong.

You're the real sense programming.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Asour: 1:46pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

Although I use python in my field for network automation.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

After learning JavaScript basic what next?

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

Technically this is a recursive question since — No stack overflow would exist if humans like you and I don't answer questions on that platform.

I once read on Quora that in the 1970s when Personal computing was in its nascent stages developers /Programmers knew to read white papers and related technology documentation indepth since there were few humans to run to in search for answers.

Social media has reduced the difficulties in seeking answers to difficult questions. But it has also made the average programmer too lazy to read white papers and technology documentations enough to know the tech as expert levels.

For microsoft technologies, MSDN existed then (it used to be paid - now free) to read up tech issues.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Jonathan39: 2:09pm On May 26, 2021
Even programmers in Google search things in Google. Just know the basics. When working on Projects, research and modify to get what you want.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria / Any Female Programmers In The House? / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.