Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,420 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? (8694 Views)

How Many World Class Developers Do We Have On Nairaland / Lagos Bred Software Developer Joins Big Global Tech Company Stackoverflow / Gurus In The House, What Do Backend Developers Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by techstack: 2:23pm On May 26, 2021
The more you work on project/develop applications, the less you use Stackoverflow or Google. that what make you a senior dev

But you cant do without them. Most especially when are working on some you are not used too
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Alusiizizi(m): 2:24pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

Although I use python in my field for network automation.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

After learning JavaScript basic what next?

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

Programming is about problem solving. "Cramming" will get you nowhere, no practical software can be of any use without "array, functions, object etc" and it's difficult to see much progress without "google or stackoverflow or any developers community", avoid making mistakes that others have made and can be indispensable when dealing with the occasional head-splitting bugs.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Tribalism123(m): 2:25pm On May 26, 2021
Copy and paste Department
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by crownedprinz(m): 2:41pm On May 26, 2021
Hehehehe google is just a search engine to help you research for materials. We could as well go to books to find what we are looking for. But why do all of that when you already have google to help you search faster?
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by BabaIbo: 2:58pm On May 26, 2021
twosquare:
grin grin

Bro no be small thing o grin wink
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by li2pac1717: 3:21pm On May 26, 2021
Capital NO

wale377:
Hey guys, I’m a network engineer but I want to try the software developers industry.

I just started with JavaScript and I’m wondering do I have to cram the whole JavaScript language ?
Or how do you use array, functions, object etc in building real life software or application.

Lastly can a developer do without google or stackoverflow or any developers community forum?

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by themountain(m): 3:55pm On May 26, 2021
Ablemax:
Who can help me with 3k

I need it urgently

I'll really appreciate if you be of help
You didn't include your account details. I would have sent you something.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by gettingdol: 3:56pm On May 26, 2021
I need somebody that guide me from my baby step level to becoming a front end developer and then backend. I will greatly appreciate it and will forever be grateful.
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by micki1: 5:03pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:

HOW?
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Hostermipo(m): 5:36pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:

One of the most important tool or skill a developer must master is knowing how to use Google
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Collinsanele: 5:41pm On May 26, 2021
wale377:

In addition to what others have said, you would need to learn and use libraries and frameworks to build softwares (atleast enterprise grade).
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by HyDef(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2021
It is no shame to Google solutions to coding issues or hurdles you're facing. I feel only the very best of the best can manage it. Even then, I think it'd be pretty rare to find someone who never has to.

1 Like

Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by JerryJude(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2021
Google, Stackoverflow and other search engine are the confidence of developers all over the world...if in your python for network automation we make use of google and Stackoverflow, because you don't know all the script on ur own...
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by Ablemax(m): 8:21pm On May 26, 2021
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by sapientia(m): 9:18pm On May 26, 2021
Come and beat me

It's better
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by xamarine: 9:31pm On May 26, 2021
https://www.codewithpal.com/
this can help you out .
Re: Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? by denvers: 2:12pm On May 28, 2021
The moment you stop asking questions you stop learning.
In other words, good developers can not do without asking questions on Google.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria / How To Create A Simple Calculator Using Java Programing Language GUI / Access Bank Mobile App Redesign (work In Progress)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.