Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,237 members, 7,957,560 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu (30406 Views)

Attahiru Burial: "HEARTLESS Felt Condolences" - Bashir Magashi, Defence Minister / General Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial In Pictures (Videos) / We Can't Flog Those Who Came To Abba Kyari's Burial - Garba Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Shuzzi(m): 10:55am On May 26, 2021
Garba Shehu, a Senior Special Assistant on Media to President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why his principal did not attend the burial of late Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and other military personnel killed in a plane crash.

Recall that Attahiru and 10 officers on an official trip to Kaduna died in a plane crash on Friday and were buried on Saturday.

However, Buhari failed to attend but sent a delegation led by the Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor.

Buhari’s absence led to a lot of criticisms from Nigerians who condemned his decision to shun the burial.

But speaking on Arise News, Shehu on Wednesday said although he had not spoken to the President about the issue, Buhari is concerned about the safety, and wellbeing of ordinary Nigerians on the streets and doesn’t like the idea of closing the roads, security men molesting people on the road for him to have the right of way while attending the burial. He also stated that considering that it was a period of mourning, the president did not want to take away the attention.

He said, “I was in Europe myself on assignment and I have not spoken to the president on this but let me give you just one example.

”The president is somebody who is so concerned about the safety and wellbeing of ordinary Nigerians on the streets.

“Do you know why he now prays his Jumaat in the state house and doesn’t go to the national mosque? Because he doesn’t like this idea of closing roads, security men molesting people on the road for the president to have the right of way.

“These are small things for many people but they are important for President Muhammadu Buhari. So, it is a mourning situation and the president didn’t want to take away attention from that.” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/26/buhari-did-not-attend-attahirus-burial-to-avoid-molesting-nigerians-garba-shehu/?amp

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 10:57am On May 26, 2021
What Kind of Disaster in form of Media aide is this one?

A government that enjoys suppression and molestation more than the police and customs enjoy bribery and corruption.

He is even demarketing further a government that has lost its original value with this his rubbish charade of an excuse.

This Government is worse than all natural disasters combined.

290 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Admissionclass: 10:59am On May 26, 2021
Is this an excuse?

55 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by inoki247: 11:00am On May 26, 2021
Abeg it's been a while we hear from Mr Femi..

shey e dey alright sha.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by b3llo(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2021
Garba Shehu! Your talk is molesting Nigerians.

134 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by BabbanBura(m): 11:03am On May 26, 2021
Shuzzi:
Garba Shehu, a Senior Special Assistant on Media to President Muhammadu Buhari has explained why his principal did not attend the burial of late Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru and other military personnel killed in a plane crash.

Recall that Attahiru and 10 officers on an official trip to Kaduna died in a plane crash on Friday and were buried on Saturday.

However, Buhari failed to attend but sent a delegation led by the Chief of Defense Staff, General Lucky Irabor.

Buhari’s absence led to a lot of criticisms from Nigerians who condemned his decision to shun the burial.

But speaking on Arise News, Shehu on Wednesday said although he had not spoken to the President about the issue, Buhari is concerned about the safety, and wellbeing of ordinary Nigerians on the streets and doesn’t like the idea of closing the roads, security men molesting people on the road for the him to have the right of way while attending the burial. He also stated that considering that it was a period of mourning, the president did not want to take away the attention.

He said, “I was in Europe myself on assignment and I have not spoken to the president on this but let me give you just one example.

”The president is somebody who is so concerned about the safety and wellbeing of ordinary Nigerians on the streets.

“Do you know why he now prays his Jumaat in the state house and doesn’t go to the national mosque? Because he doesn’t like this idea of closing roads, security men molesting people on the road for the president to have the right of way.

“These are small things for many people but they are important for President Muhammadu Buhari. So, it is a mourning situation and the president didn’t want to take away attention from that.” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/05/26/buhari-did-not-attend-attahirus-burial-to-avoid-molesting-nigerians-garba-shehu/?amp

lalasticlala

This man with diarrhea of the mouth has opened his mouth again

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by b3llo(m): 11:03am On May 26, 2021
inoki247:
Abeg it's been a while we hear from Mr Femi..

shey e dey alright sha.
E be like say them don fire am quietly and he knows that his people won't welcome or accept him back home. That is why he is on a low key.

35 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by josh123(m): 11:24am On May 26, 2021
They think we are dump

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by sapientia(m): 11:24am On May 26, 2021
Akeredolu rightly posited that this Shehu is not speaking for Buhari

So you have not seen him but somehow, you came to vomit trash about southern governor's meeting

Mugu

We know Buhari did not attend because the burial was done in Nigeria about 10 mins away from him

Same thing in Kankara

Shift governors meeting to Western Germany and see if Buhari will not attend even with a 2 hours notice to meeting

Nigerians, behold! I present our core problems to you below

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by STEWpid(f): 11:36am On May 26, 2021
Another one!

Even the Almajiri goat shock!

17 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Favemmzar200(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2021
Nairaland mods, make una bring another topic on why we don't care that bubu didn't attend

Abegi, the man is gone I wish he RIP so whatever shehu Goruba says done tire us

4 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Racoon(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2021
What a lame thrashy excuse.These presidential aides in the likes of Garba Shehu, Femi Adeshina, Lauretta Onochie are the most stupid ever seen.Their job is just to give excuses or defend all the unpardonable gaffes of this silly government.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Civilianarmy: 11:47am On May 26, 2021
Another day another excuse.

Are you having a slow WiFi connection, read our article on how to boost your wi-fi signal.

https://techhob.com/the-best-ways-on-how-to-boost-your-wi-fi-signal/
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by d1tto(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2021
I am shielded from all things stupid and ignorant IJN.

Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:47am On May 26, 2021
Shuzzi:

If you are thinking of what it feels like to have an illiterate as a spokesman

Look no further! Here is a perfect example angry

15 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by athaboi(f): 11:48am On May 26, 2021
This man should just shut up and stop talking

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Sijo01(f): 11:48am On May 26, 2021
The reasons speculated by Nigerians is even more tangible than this.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by wink2015(m): 11:48am On May 26, 2021
FG DAMAGE CONTROL !
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by rawtouch: 11:48am On May 26, 2021

it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by wagazala: 11:48am On May 26, 2021
Where dem see this guy?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by jonneljonn(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2021
RUBBISH LIAR
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by asobo1: 11:49am On May 26, 2021
This man sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 11:49am On May 26, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by Sirpaul(m): 11:49am On May 26, 2021
Garba Shehu may peace et joy be far from you... may Nigeria happen to you
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by preshyusufu: 11:49am On May 26, 2021
na wa ooo.
Re: Why Buhari Didn't Attend Ibrahim Attahiru's Burial - Garba Shehu by IamNumeroUno: 11:49am On May 26, 2021
...Although, I have not spoken to the president...

This "mere messenger" really does not know the limit of his importance.
Garba Shehu has been issuing statements of his own for years now. It is either the president is wicked or his dementia has gone beyond control.

Buhari who takes delight in oppressing ordinary citizens could never possibly deny himself the opportunity to further press nigerians down by closing the roads from Eagles Square to Jabi, or from Gwarimpa to A.Y.A and extend to Maitama and its environs.

Buhari is a disaster and a failure and Garba Shehu, together with Femi Adesina are his enablers.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Betrayed Me, Niger-delta — Ex-gov Sylva / Pictures Of Arab Contractors Working On Aba Road Umuahia / Reno Omokri Reacts To Ibe Kachikwu's Letter To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.