Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview (20371 Views)

Is It Proper To Dress In Native Attire To An Interview On A Friday / Security Tips When Going For Job Interview / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Soljaboi44(m): 5:52pm On May 26, 2021
grin
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 26, 2021
Ok
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Olalekank(m): 5:52pm On May 26, 2021
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 26, 2021
dirtydiva:
Dressing nowadays no dey speak volume again, your experience to dat field you're applying for go determine and how vast your experience are.

Majority of companies in Nigeria wants problem solvers not people that wants to build their CVs

But those problem solvers also started from somewhere.
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by mrwonlasewonie: 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
cheesy
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
When going for a job interview with a bank? Because these days these rules are not really in force anymore. The focus now is on what you have to offer. Just dress smart and be confident
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by stayclearofme: 5:56pm On May 26, 2021
All these threads about jobs are there jobs in Nigeria?
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by stanliwise(m): 5:57pm On May 26, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
And

There is sure another agenda
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by kiddkash(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
grin

This is how to dress up for an interview
you have 4 of serwaa's pictures. according to reports I've heard, she's a psycho
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by gbagyiza: 6:18pm On May 26, 2021
Cvclue11:
The recruiting process requires you to dress professionally for an interview. Even though you don't have to wear a suit all of the time, you should always look your best.

We advocate wearing one level up from what you would wear to work every day. If you're going to be dressed casually, we recommend wearing a suit to the interview.

If you'll be wearing jeans to work every day, an interview should be dressed in a button-down shirt and khakis (for males) or formal trousers and a good top (for women).

However, we always recommend that you overdress for an interview rather than underdress. When you look your best, you tend to feel your best!

Here are some pointers on how to dress for an interview:.

It's typically preferable to be conservative. Make sure your hairstyle and color are both traditional and fashionable.

Perfume and powerful body washes/sprays should be avoided.

Wearing clothes that is overly tight, reveals cleavage, or is too short is not a good idea.

Lace, transparent fabrics, and animal patterns should also be avoided. If you decide to wear a skirt to your interview, make sure it is just above the knee and that you are wearing pantyhose.

Avoid wearing stilettos or open-toed shoes. You should feel at ease strolling about in the shoes you select, and they should be well-kept.

You should avoid using colors that are too bright or fashionable. Suits in black, gray, or blue should be worn. It's ok to add a splash of color to your blouse, but it shouldn't detract from your overall look.

Nail polish should not be used and your fingernails should be well-shaped (clear is acceptable).

Carry a modest, professional handbag or attache case.

For men:
Keep your hair and facial hair clean and clipped.

Use no cologne or aftershave with a strong scent.

If you're wearing a suit, go with gray, black, or navy and a corresponding shirt and tie.

Take everything out of your pockets.

Put on a good belt and shoes to go with it.

Carry a portfolio or briefcase made of leather.

Keep your nails neat and short.

Dress socks and polished dress shoes are required.

Tips for male and female:

Smile!

Show good hygiene by showering and brushing your teeth as soon as feasible before the interview.

Do not eat gum or sweets, and avoid smelling like a cigarette.

Make sure your clothes are wrinkle-free, tear-free, and stain-free.

Consider how tattoos and piercings will be received in your field. All tattoos should be covered, and any piercings that aren't in the ears should be removed.

If you need to buy new attire or borrow items from a friend or family member, try on your outfit several days before the interview.

I have attended several interviews n I will say dressing does not guarantee you the job but your attitude/experience matter the most. It is advisable to look good but not as you portrayed in your write up. It is a waste of money to wear expensive dress for an interview with an empty brain. Who do you want to impress? Infact, many organization r switching into virtual interview to tell you that dressing dont count much.

1 Like

Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by AnI77: 6:38pm On May 26, 2021
paulolee:
nice tips but I stopped taking all these conditions n list serious after my experience going for one NPA fire service job interview..
I dressed all up in suits n sharp shoes with 3 of my guys looking sweet dt d interviewers asked "how long have we been job hunting" and we jus jokingly laughed it off...
noticed some sets of hausa guys too with thier normal jalabia n slibs or native wears looking all calm n were also interviewed...
d recruitment were delayed for some unknow reasons, next we heard was dt hadiza bala was announced as the m.d..
list came out d next month n it was influx of Hausa names making d cut even in Lagos...none of me n my dope looking guys were called..
point is dt, these list can work In private firms bt if its federal recruitment, jus get strong connection bro bcoz even with singlet n slipps dm go still employ you..

Hell no! It should not be so In a normal country! This is exactly why you all should help to stop the bullshitting that is going on in governmental offices ands jobs. If appointments are going to be by tribe, then get ready to be screwed back & front in your own country!
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Promiseibritam: 6:43pm On May 26, 2021
Wow atleast the OP could hv drop the pic of men On how to dress to the interview.
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by OlawaleBammie: 7:04pm On May 26, 2021
lytech1:
Nothing is too small to venture into your own business.

I have wasted 9 productive years serving people with nothing to show for.

My business of 7month old with a start up capital of 80k now worth over 700k.

Looking for job here and there is just a waste of time.
Wao
Na which kain business be that? So profitable.
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Simplythebest: 7:06pm On May 26, 2021
This dress code for job of a thing is mostly applicable to Nigeria company. Not in develop countries
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by femi4: 7:14pm On May 26, 2021
landmark86:
Upon all dis those that will get the job las las will not even show up.
No be Naija
Well said
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Odunayaw(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2021
Pele fun interview o

I'm certain many here have a sound mind/brain and laptop. Let me teach you how to add value to yourself and begin to command the attention of money.

I'd be teaching how to monetize Whiteboard animation (Videoscribe) on 28/29 May.

Cracked Videoscribe software
My library of 15,000+ SVG to use along with Videoscribe
Video tutorials for installation and use
Creating Approved Upwork account
Mentorship on Upwork

All for N3000k

Book a space! Now

https:///s/60895aaf11878

Freelancing on Upwork/Fiverr hasn't made me rich yet but it has rid me of lack!
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Akosxxx(m): 8:16pm On May 26, 2021
Which kind business be that boss, show me way too
lytech1:

Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Dashlish12: 8:18pm On May 26, 2021
lytech1:

Bro can u please enlight us (me) more. Thank u
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by highbee02: 8:26pm On May 26, 2021
In 2007, I went for the DSS interview @ Ojoo Cantonment in Lagos State. Those who have been interviewed before me came out and tell us it's compulsory to wear suit, I borrowed one from one of the applicants who is tall and fat, as I was about to enter, the officers at the entrance stopped and asked me in pidgin English "this boy, u go borrow suit?" This was because it's an oversized suit.

Up till now they didn't call any of us for the job and I scored 65 @ the state level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Ghast12: 9:21pm On May 26, 2021
Oh
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by hakeem4(m): 9:21pm On May 26, 2021
Simplythebest:
This dress code for job of a thing is mostly applicable to Nigeria company. Not in develop countries
in developed world, you also dress professionally
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by mrwonlasewonie: 9:56pm On May 26, 2021
kiddkash:

you have 4 of serwaa's pictures. according to reports I've heard, she's a psycho
psycho? As How ? Please explain
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by mrwonlasewonie: 9:56pm On May 26, 2021
stanliwise:

There is sure another agenda
agenda about what?
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by kiddkash(m): 10:39pm On May 26, 2021
mrwonlasewonie:
psycho? As How ? Please explain
like when she said women who are raped deserved to be
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 26, 2021
Abeg get out
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by kingmsookwagh(m): 11:56pm On May 26, 2021
Shebi na the cloth go do the work.
A guy once wore An Ágbádá to an IT interview, he ended up resetting and arranging their network systems that has been given the resident tech gurus in the firm issues.
They had no choice, but to hire him.
Morals:
He showed what his value to them was and what they could be missing if they don't hire him. Others with blazers and bow tie went home disappointed..........
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Goldenboy01(m): 12:40am On May 27, 2021
I beg , which business you invest in. Show us way too �
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by mrwonlasewonie: 5:54am On May 27, 2021
kiddkash:

like when she said women who are raped deserved to be
habaaaaaaa!! There's no how she will say such unreasonable and insensitive statement on national television and she will not come under hot attack.or is it rumours or slander of her?
Re: How To Dress When Going For A Job Interview by Nobody: 8:24am On May 27, 2021
lytech1:

Haba Oga
80k in Nigeria?

What business is that?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BOI To Reduce Unemployment Rate By Single Digit / Firstbank Of Nigeria Fresh Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / N-Power: FG Deploys 176,160 Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.