Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,970 members, 7,825,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ (14039 Views)

Rivers: Pro-Amaechi APC Exco Denies Ties With Wike, PDP / rAPC Emergence Is Corruption Fighting Back – Oshiomhole / Plot To Split APC Suffers Major Setback As Some Leaders Refuse To Join rAPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Islie: 9:44pm On May 26, 2021
Buba Galadima, a former ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, has denied his affiliation with any of Nigeria’s two dominant political parties.

Mr Galadima, at a webinar tagged “Intra-Party Democracy in Nigeria: Challenges and Solution,” said he has ceased being a member of either the All Progressives Congress (APC) or the country’s main opposition, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

At the webinar organised by the Premium Times Centre for Investigative Journalism (PTCIJ), he presented himself as the National Chairman of the breakaway of the APC called Reformed All Progressives Congress (rAPC) adding that ”the rAPC is coming back to take Nigeria’s political space by storm”.

“I want to make the biggest correction, I am not, I am not a member of the PDP. I am not. I am the national chairman of the breakaway rAPC and I remain so,” Mr Galadima clarified.

“I want the nation to know that very soon, Nigeria will hear from us in the political environment with a big bang.”

The rAPC broke away at the peak of the crisis which rocked the APC in 2018, accusing Mr Buhari-led government of underperformance and inability to live up to its promises for good governance three years after winning the first election.

Mr Galadima, a former National Secretary of defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), was one of the signatories to the merger that birthed the APC.

In his contribution as one of the four panelists at the Wednesday webinar designed to interrogate Nigeria’s intra-party democracy since 1999, Mr Buhari’s former ally said the country’s politicians, himself inclusive, had failed to learn lessons on the subject.

He, alongside three other panelists, agreed that Nigeria’s intra-party democracy ”remains crawling as money politics and candidate imposition had continued to rule political parties rather than true democratic tenets”.

“One could have thought that internal party democracy would be our watchword. If you cannot do justice to members of your party, how do you expect God to do justice to you. We must access the issues of electoral reform in Nigeria. It is only the people that have the right to choose who will represent them,” Mr Galadima said.

While he condemned the lack of internal democracy within the ruling APC and the PDP, other members of the panelists said minor parties in the country are also guilty of similar deficiencies.

Ezenwa Nwagwu of the Peering Advocacy and Advancement Centre in Africa (PAACA), raised the need to end this trend which he argued was ushered into the system by President Olusegun Obasanjo after the country returned to democratic governance in 1999.

“We need to find a way to disrupt this inglorious decisions. If people don’t own these political parties they cannot be stakeholders,” he said.

In her assessment of the parties since the country return to democracy, the Director of Centre for Democracy (CDD), Idayat Hassan, posited that Nigeria’s political parties have undermined “their function as a school of democracy.”

At the event sponsored by the European Union, the panelists advocated more open democratic system within individual party as well as more coordinated approaches from Nigeria’s electoral body, INEC.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/464001-buba-galadima-denies-ties-with-pdp-say-rapc-coming-back-soon.html

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Xscape1993(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2021
I laugh ooo. Which way Nigeria? Where are we actually going? I need good answers please.

3 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by PrinceOfLagos: 9:47pm On May 26, 2021
Baba himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by peace1992: 9:50pm On May 26, 2021
Political vagabonds

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Golan007: 10:33pm On May 26, 2021
This man still dey?

3 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Praxis758: 10:58pm On May 26, 2021
Selinity and confusion will never cease to affect some politicians at old age.

Galadima is simply confused.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by brosom(m): 10:17am On May 27, 2021
Yeah we know they're all coming back but not either any of the parties come 2023.

No sensible politician in his right sense would think of moving to a already failed party/government.

They're just defecting because they want to be part of the national cake.

We know..
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Nobody: 10:18am On May 27, 2021
Nigeria

I so love this this country

Lawlessness they always favor the wicked

Note: am not saying am a wicked person
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Ezedon(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2021
See his teeth
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:19am On May 27, 2021
A better Nigeria is all we want not all these political shenanigans.

Naija youths wake up!

We Rise!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Victoria130: 10:19am On May 27, 2021
If na u nko wetin you go say na
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Skillsnigeria: 10:19am On May 27, 2021
hmmm
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Officialgarri: 10:19am On May 27, 2021
This Atiku's boy. So awkward and uncultivated in manner behavior.

He kept insulting Buhari only to find out his own daughter works in the presidency
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:20am On May 27, 2021
“I want the nation to know that very soon, Nigeria will hear from us in the political environment with a big bang

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Nobody: 10:20am On May 27, 2021
Politics undecided
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Jiddamugul: 10:20am On May 27, 2021
How Galant Women eliminates bandit in south

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7FXRfw82AM
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by kenzysmith: 10:20am On May 27, 2021
This man get mouth!
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by janedonez(m): 10:20am On May 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by KINGSCOURT05: 10:21am On May 27, 2021
k
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Nobody: 10:21am On May 27, 2021
Tomigold120:
Which way Nigeria? Where are we actually going? I need good answers please

The answer is we are stuck

Not moving forward or backward
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by kenzysmith: 10:22am On May 27, 2021
post=102107215:
A better Nigeria is all we want not all these political shenanigans.

Naija youths wake up!

We Rise!!

2 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by sureboykris(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2021
Banger.... Career politicians running around like headless chicken for a 2023 we don't know if we will see
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by AmotekunSW: 10:23am On May 27, 2021
Buba Galadima thinks he's a werewolf but he's a tadpole. He comes out every election cycle to make noise, collect settlement and lay low for the next 4 years.

1 Like

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2021
Mumu Politicians
Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by Okoroawusa: 10:23am On May 27, 2021
Because he left APC some people will start calling him "activist"...

...ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: Buba Galadima Denies Ties With PDP, Says rAPC ‘Coming Back Soon’ by KushLyon(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2021
Big clown

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Do Not Need ‘Goodluck’ But Hardwork – Atiku / 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! / Sadiya Umar -Farouq: We Distributed NAFDAC Certified Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.