Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? (4491 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Saraki: Plot To Scuttle Trial Expose - Saharareporter / Saraki Hired Uboh, Convicted Credit Card Fraudster, To Smear EFCC-SaharaReporter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Abagworo(m): 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2011
I think it is unnecessary to delve into tribalism just to deviate the topic.

Judging by some classified informations that do pass through me I can attest that I am astonished at SR's ingenuity in investigative journalism.

Kudos to them for being a voice of the voiceless and oppressed majority.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by zstranger: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
Abagworo:

J[b]udging by some classified informations that do pass through me I can attest that I am astonished at SR's ingenuity in investigative journalism.[/b]

Its the Yoruba factor

What can we not do? grin
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2011
bashr4:

with both having less than 30 thousand viewers a month dont think so , they need to confirm their stories before they post it thats all am saying.

ok understood
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2011
op

you are a goat and i will talk to u as a goat

SR is the only newspaper that voices the pain of the people, when yaradua was dead and the leaders were shifting the whole country and media press of the country like a football, they were the only press that exposed them

secondly u eddiot, SR is the only reporter that could interview dokepsi and tell him and IBB the views of the people when stu.pid newspaper like the sun was out there singing priases of IBB

thirdly animal they were the only newspaper that could ask fashola about tinubu godfatherism in lagos. wehn ideeiots like u are somewhere in ur house with ur mouth shut

this is the only newspaper that ask questions when other are bribed as usual

so now STFU iddeiot and go to bed angry
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Ibime(m): 3:19pm On Apr 30, 2011
Nigerians are idiots who deserve the media they get.

Saharareporters is the only independent news source on Naija, the rest are just engaged in chequebook journalism.

When Sahara told y'all Yaradua's condition was terminal, and he was in a vegetative state, I didnt see anyone complaining.

I just watched a program on Al-Jazeera this morning (Listening Post) exposing all the newspapers in Nigeria and who they collect money from, and same program hailed Sahara as the only news network uninfluenced by chequebooks.

Nigerians = Sheep
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
Ibime:

Nigerians are idiots who deserve the media they get.

Saharareporters is the only independent news source on Naija, the rest are just engaged in chequebook journalism.

When Sahara told y'all Yaradua's condition was terminal, and he was in a vegetative state, I didnt see anyone complaining.

I just watched a program on Al-Jazeera this morning (Listening Post) exposing all the newspapers in Nigeria and who they collect money from, and same program hailed Sahara as the only news network uninfluenced by chequebooks.

Nigerians = Sheep

thank you my brother

the op is an ethnic bigot

he is so blinded that he would even allow tribalism to take the truth from his eyes

imagine that iddiot calling SR tribalist

very annoying iddeiot
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by edogirl2: 4:02pm On Apr 30, 2011
If Alj Harem & Abagworo, 2 of the more credible types here, would defend SR that passionately, I take it the site is worth a punt.

Will add as a news source going forward.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Apr 30, 2011
Where was the OP to complain when SR went gung ho on Yar Adua to install GEJ as president?

Why didnt anyone accuse them of bias then? But when things dont go your way, They scream bias

Its on record that SR and 234next were the only newspapers with cojones to tackle the YarAdua and Northern cabal at that time when some ppl were serving turai
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by EzeUche3(m): 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2011
Everyone knows Sahara Reporters is not credible for news. grin

I will stick to Vanguard. cool
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Apr 30, 2011
edo.girl:

If Alj Harem & Abagworo, 2 of the more credible types here, would defend SR that passionately, I take it the site is worth a punt.

Will add as a news source going forward.

Chineke, when did Alj Harem become credible.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2011
Abagworo:

Judging by some classified informations that do pass through me I can attest that I am astonished at SR's ingenuity in investigative journalism.

Are you an intelligence officer, SS, Otelemuye? Which one you be?
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by okstol: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2011
I don't think Next is as hopeless as sahara. D issue is not about bein tribal in reportage but they are so inept in investigation before reporting.When I came to dis conclusion was when dey accused d COAS and his younger brother of bein against pdp opponents in Abia guber polls. The names of people and d towns dey were calling was totally nauseating. Next is d best news media in dis country. Their news reportage is second to non in naija.
@Alh.Haram or whatever, must u show that u are a cow in public forums like dis? Whenever u reply issues in nl, it must be to attack someone. Help ur clueless self by bein positive at times. Efi ugwu
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by EkoIle1: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
@ OP.

Olodo ni e.

Dind't Sahara Reporters led the fight against Yaradua and his crew on behalf of the same GEJ to make him the next president of Nigeria while your so called incompetent isi ewu governors and generally many in the EAST sat on their hands and looked away?

Do you even know how many times they've bashed Yoruba leaders and other government officials like Danile, OBJ, Tinubu for for doing wrong? They clown Fashola all the time, even at a news confference in the UK, they are still clowning Akala and his kids with pics on SR's front page as we speak, but do you see Yoruba people whinin and crying?

You people cry so damn much I swear,
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by macjive01: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2011
Guys, for a moment I was beginning to think in that line but that's not it. I don't think any establishment can/wud afford to b ascribe a trabalist media. SR is not a charity, they re there to make money!
The only way they make money is by having high traffic which wud inturn bring in advertisements.

Every media house simply play on the fact that IGbos are very opinionated and passionate abt their culture and persons and hence wudnt walk pass any news on them without a comment, which Drives traffic and ultimately more adverts and money!

Seun of nairaland is a fine gentleman, isn't he?  yet he feeds into this stereotype and publishes any Igbo caption to the front. So it's simply marketing. And ofcourse we Igbos wudnt fail to argue, argue n defend Igboness . A bit Silly on our part.

Go to the tribalism section and check out how many pages Yoruban bashing generates compare to the Igbo ones.

My cousin works for guardian, she says ojukwu, any story on him is the surest joker for sales.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2011
Eko Ile:

@ OP.

Olodo ni e.

Dind't Sahara Reporters led the fight against Yaradua and his crew on behalf of the same GEJ to make him the next president of Nigeria while your so called incompetent isi ewu governors and generally many in the EAST sat on their hands and looked away?

Do you even know how many times they've bashed Yoruba leaders and other government officials like Danile, OBJ, Tinubu for for doing wrong? They clown Fashola all the time, even at a news confference in the UK, they are still clowning Akala and his kids with pics on SR's front page as we speak, but do you see Yoruba people whinin and crying?

You people cry so damn much I swear,

do not answer animals

they are goats
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by MaiSuya(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
if you can't stand the heat, get the bleep [/i]otta da kitchen. SR no force any of you haters to read their stories.

for those of us who still treasure uncensored, unbiased, hard hitting factual journalese, the type that is fast becoming an endangered specie among newspublications in Nigeria, we know where to go. . .ye you guessed it: [i]saharareporters.com
!  cool
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 5:04pm On Apr 30, 2011
Mai Suya:

if you can't stand the heat, get the bleep [/i]otta da kitchen. SR no force any of you haters to read their stories.

for those of us who still treasure uncensored, unbiased, hard hitting factual journalese, the type that is fast becoming an endangered specie among newspublications in Nigeria, we know where to go. . .ye you guessed it: [i]saharareporters.com
!  cool
u have said it all

gbammm cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by youngmonie: 5:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
lol!!!, everything dat is against GEJ is always always tribalistic, its wen GEJ is crticised that the paper becomes useless but when it critices IBB or Atiku or TInubu IT IS A VERRY GOOD AND EXCELLENT MEDIA !!, USELESS HPOCRITES
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2011
op, if you hate SR do like fashola, who told the publisher i dont read your rag

you can also ask bola tinubu, who was roasted during the doctors strike sage when next reported his high handedness with lagos tv

next even roasted fasola on the hypocrisy of spamming lagos with acn posters and billboards when lagos state levies big charges for same by private entities

nna bros, perceptually whining and thinking the world revolves around them
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 30, 2011
Its on record that SR and 234next were the only newspapers with cojones to tackle the YarAdua and Northern cabal at that time when some ppl were serving turai

word is bond!

Everyone knows Sahara Reporters is not credible for news. Grin

I will stick to Vanguard

yeah stick to that conspiracy theorist paper that sees a northern agenda when sanusi farts
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Rhino5dm: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2011
Thank goodness every sane being is beginning to see the scar face of these animals.

Always trying to play the victim card to lunch their in-build bigotry.

Allow the pigs to lay in the gutter and enjoy their big farts. 

Horror-stricken cowards prefer transfering blame and accusing others of their intentional mis-fortune.

I never expected anything less from this bunch of cannibals.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by kasiem(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2011
@almajiri harem,
i dont have anything in common with cannibals, so stop hopping 4rm one place to another seeking for my honorable attention with ur imbecilic posts. If u want to contribute, must u be churlish? Better go and join ur father in milking ur cows or join ur brothers in killing and immolating corpers.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by aljharem(m): 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2011
kasiem:

@almajiri harem,
i dont have anything in common with cannibals, so stop hopping 4rm one place to another seeking for my honorable attention with your imbecilic posts. If u want to contribute, must u be churlish? Better go and join your father in milking your cows or join your brothers in killing and immolating corpers.

animal grin grin talking to me shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked from an igbo man shocked shocked shocked calling a someone a cannibal shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin there is nothing pesin no go see for this world grin grin grin grin grin

now u open a topic claiming SR are tribalistic in there reports, but what evidence do u have

or is it because the owner of SR is[b] fortunate[/b] not to be igbo your ethnic group shocked

ok what do u think of the sun newspaper ? because i remember the other day, one of this igbos on NL open a topic about daily trust as well as tribune grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy brother go sleep
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Genius100: 10:29pm On Apr 30, 2011
The OP is obviously a complete i-diot. Perhaps, you did not read Sahara Reporters when OBJ was President. SR bashed him relentlessly more than they've bashed anybody and they continue to do so till today. You will never find a positive story on OBJ on Sahara Reporters. By the way, I hope you are aware that the owner of SR is not Yoruba, so why you think he has a soft spot for Yorubas is is beyond me. I also do not get the connection between Yorubas and 234next.

If you had any ounce of sense you will realize that SR is anti-establishment. When OBJ was president, they bashed him relentlessly, when Yar'adua was president, same thing and now that GEJ is president, they will continue to bash him.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by zstranger: 10:35pm On Apr 30, 2011
^^^^

So Sowore is not Yoruba? What is he?
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Genius100: 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2011
I believe he is from Edo state,
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by zstranger: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2011
Genius100:

I believe he is from Edo state,

He is Yoruba. BTW, only a Yoruba person, within the Nigerian context, can do what he is doing.

.  .   . I was born in the Niger Delta area of Nigeria in a small village called “Kiribo” in Ese-Odo local government area of[size=18pt] Ondo State[/size]. I come from a small Yoruba –speaking tribe known as “Ijaw-Apoi” (Ijaw-Apoi- because the Ijaws claim their territory or nation starts from there!). My father was a local teacher and my mum a full-time, never- retiring housewife. I come from a polygamous family, I have lots of brothers and sisters, 16 of us, - don’t ask me if I remember all their names

http://www.nigeriansinamerica.com/articles/855/1/I-Have-No-Interest-In-Working-For-Obasanjo--Omoyele-Sowore/Page1.html
!
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by Pataki: 11:22pm On Apr 30, 2011
It is kind of funny though. . . . . you never see intelligent people on this forum opening threads castigating the likes of Vanguard, ThisDay, , et al, for their bigotry and penchant for propagating false news and Government lies.

But once a News daily comes out revealing the dirty truth about the Nigerian Government and its personell, the stewpeed people open their fetid gob to start ranting tribalism, and all sorts. Unfortunately, it is you Igbos that are so fond of this habit nowadays. Beats me silly though.

Do you people still have a conscience for knowing and demanding the truth at all times?
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by EkoIle1: 2:25am On May 01, 2011
zstranger:

He is Yoruba. BTW, only a Yoruba person, within the Nigerian context, can do what he is doing.

Come to think of it, I don't see ibo or hausa folks getting into any kind of hard core confrontation with the establishment, talk less staking their lives the way Yoruba folks do fearlessly without any kind of reservation. Yoruba folks fight and give their lives for what they believe in and people like Fela and his mother, Gani, Abiola and his wife Kudirat, Bola Ige, Pa Ajasin, Awo, Dele Giwa, Herbert Macaulay and many more gave their lives or spent their time fighting the system.

Most in the North are clueless while the eastern folks are either politically too weak and unsuphisticated or easily manipulated with money and other struments of manipulation.

Sometimes I go after ibo folks on NL because of their dishonesty and blind tribal affialiation. Yes, we live in a messed up country and we have our share of bad eggs in the west, but we don't sit around and defend them because of tribal pride, we fight and get rid of them. They love to talk about Tinubu who is not even a public official, but they have tons of corrupt public officials doing bad and they not only support and reelect them, they defend them.
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:36am On May 01, 2011
^^^^

1. Dele Giwa is (was) Etsako.

2. Don't you get tired of spewing the same tripe over and over again?
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by zstranger: 2:40am On May 01, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

^^^^

1. Dele Giwa is (was) Etsako.

2. Don't you get tired of spewing the same tripe over and over again?

You cant choose where you are born, but who you are and the people you choose to associate with are strictly within the confines of an individual's free-will.

Dele Giwa is Yoruba, culturally, educationally, mentally, and psychologically. But, by birth, he is Edo. Its like saying Dele Momodu is Edo, really?
Re: Tribalistic And Falseful Saharareporter And 234next? by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:45am On May 01, 2011
zstranger:

You cant choose where you are born, but who you are and the people you choose to associate with are strictly within the confines of an individual's free-will.

Dele Giwa is Yoruba, culturally, educationally, mentally, and psychologically. Its like saying Dele Momodu is Edo, really?

He associated with his people (Etsako) as well:

http://www.dawodu.com/momoh4.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Northern Governors Not Declaring Free Education For Their Kids. / Igbo Started Tribal Politics In The South; Fani Kayode / Picture Of Abuja In 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.