Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm (18054 Views)

US Mission Shares Photos Of Ikun Dairy Farm In Ekiti State / US Mission Shares Photos Of Ikun Dairy Farm In Ekiti State / My Cucumber Farm Dairy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by LadySarah: 4:43am On May 27, 2021
This is beautiful and ingenious!

And Fulani herdsmen will not let us rest.
Their supports should viist the farm and learn!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by mrgbenga1: 4:46am On May 27, 2021
Good job to Ekiti State Govt and Promasidor Group

4 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Naira1891: 4:49am On May 27, 2021
Good one Sir, do more by investing and job Creation.

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:49am On May 27, 2021
This is how it should be......a good example of how cattle should be reared. Very neat ranch.

9 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Nobody: 4:53am On May 27, 2021
Beautiful project worthy of emulation

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by nbolaji(m): 4:54am On May 27, 2021
I love this documentary. Do you plan cross breeding the indigenous and the new Jersey cattle?

What breed of Indigenous cow did you procure?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by AK481(m): 4:57am On May 27, 2021
Should have started the thread with the cbn forex policy on dairy and how 6 companies only were given Licence to forex based on their backward integration plan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by anonimi: 5:00am On May 27, 2021
alonzoiv:
Make Fayemi the president already. He's young and visionary.

Why are you so cheap?
Apart from this praiseworthy dairy project what else has he done in his seven years as governor compared to Awolowo and Ajasin's six and four years respectively with much smaller money?
Why are you so terribly cheap then wail about leadership as our only problem
Up your expectations bros.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by anonimi: 5:01am On May 27, 2021
AK481:
Should have started the thread with the cbn forex policy on dairy and how 6 companies only were given Licence to forex based on their backward integration plan.

Why don't you provide this missing element in greater details

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by ScotDan: 5:05am On May 27, 2021
Good work from my state. I will advise other Southern states to emulate Ekiti state in this regard so that the North will not be seeing themselves as the only big head that know how to do cow business.

Embracing the modern way of doing cow business is the only solution to herdmen predicament in this country.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by anonimi: 5:05am On May 27, 2021
LadySarah:
And Fulani herdsmen will not let us rest.
Their supports should viist the farm and learn!

They have no reason to learn, because their agenda is to grab land using cows as a disguise.
Please note.
Please note carefully and act accordingly.

Benue Killings: 'Give us land for peace to reign' - Fulani Herdsmen
13 January 2018

Di National Vice President of Miyetti Allah Cattle Herders Association, Husaini Yusuf Bosso na im tell BBC News Pidgin dis one.

Im say even wen government make di anti-grazing law, say dem no consult dem.

"We no wan dis crisis to continue. Na di anti-open grazing law na im cause am but we no want am to continue. Government suppose comot di law or provide us with land to keep our cows".

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-42676578

awakeupcall4all:
Chief Femi Adesina, speaking on an AIT morning programme in response to a question on ancestral attachments to land said: “Ancestral attachment? You can only have ancestral attachment when you are alive. If you are talking about ancestral attachment, if you are dead, how does the attachment matter?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/giving-land-ranching-better-death-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by awoluyi(m): 6:00am On May 27, 2021
Very laudable initiative and more of it will surely lead Ekiti state to prosperity.
I hope the company will be managed well.
I am interested in what becomes the company in 2025.
Till then.

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Disciple001: 6:04am On May 27, 2021
I pray it ends well and for the betterment of the state. This is indeed a good insight.
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:15am On May 27, 2021
This is one of the best decision undertaken by Ekiti State Government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by jimi4us: 6:40am On May 27, 2021
alonzoiv:

It's like your brain ti damage

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Smooyis(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2021
The best way of confronting the north on the issue of herdsmen mayhem is to establish a successful diary farm such as this. This will clearly show them what they ought to be doing. The time has come.

2 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Laboni: 7:07am On May 27, 2021
This is a game changer. By the time many southern moneybags invest heavily in this, the north and their primitive way of rearing cows will be out of business. More to come..

4 Likes

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by omolola100(f): 7:29am On May 27, 2021
Nice one i will visit the place to get an update, ikun is closer to igogo ekiti.

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by LordsBattleAxe(m): 7:32am On May 27, 2021
Been following the news update on Ikun Dairy Farm, and I'm highly impressed with the steps so far. Perhaps, we need to also try it out in beef production

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by KoshCAD: 8:01am On May 27, 2021
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by DigitB: 8:15am On May 27, 2021
Beautiful
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by NnamdiN: 8:36am On May 27, 2021
Beautiful. One farm like this in all Local govts in the south and we no go get wahala with beef again
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2021
undecided I wonder how long it will take this farm to generate the $5,000,000 (Five million dollars) spent on importing 500 cows alone, not to talk of the other costs of setup.

Nigerian leaders scamming the people since forever. How much Milk will they generate to cough out even a fraction of the investment?

Our leaders will NEVER support enterprenuers, always dabbling into businesses that they know nothing about.
Governments all over the world have since stopped dabbling into business because government is terrible at it. OBJ sold off most of Nigeria's business ventures (another story grin) , only for our foolish governors to start embarking on enterprise creation within their states.

We need a national policy in this country. Without a united (national policy) framework for development, we will continue to take one step forward, ten steps backwards.

These are some of the reasons the country is not moving forward, no synchronized plan from LG, to States and even federal government. All the ministries have their own websites and even many websites within one ministry.
It's like have a father and mother not having cohesive plan on how to raise their kids, types of education, the future....? There will be chaos everywhere.
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by luminouz(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2021
alonzoiv:

Chill out dude..

Damn, you Nigerians are so bloody emotional about everything undecided
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Nobody: 10:14am On May 27, 2021
Ignorant statement!
What are the facts to back up this statement? Or you think just because you typed it makes it true and real?
Some Nigerians should be banned from social media, because much disinformation and misinformation is being spread to social media.
Social media is seriously dumbing down Nigerians.
AKWATGOLD1:
This is one of the best decision undertaken by Ekiti State Government.

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Nobody: 10:15am On May 27, 2021
shocked
Statements like this sometimes discourage me coming to Nairaland. If not that there are also so many intelligent people on this forum, I would have abandoned this site since.
A few weeks ago, a Nairalander posted on an Iyun farm thread that why couldn't they use artificial insemination to impregnate our own cows that are already properly acclimatized to our environment.

Nigerians need to learn to process things, not just start hailing a leader because he seems to be doing something that others are not doing.
NnamdiN:
Beautiful. One farm like this in all Local govts in the south and we no go get wahala with beef again
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by luminouz(m): 10:15am On May 27, 2021
omolola100:
Nice one
i will visit the place to get an update, ikun is closer to igogo ekiti.

Lola babe?

Been so long!!! How u doing?

I'm not so familiar with ikun...just ijero axis...
Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Image123(m): 10:18am On May 27, 2021
bunto:
undecided I wonder how long it will take this farm to generate the $5,000,000 (Five million dollars) spent on importing 500 cows alone, not to talk of the other costs of setup.

Nigerian leaders scamming the people since forever. How much Milk will they generate to cough out even a fraction of the investment?

You surely have the sales receipt i think?

1 Like

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Nobody: 10:23am On May 27, 2021
I didn't pull this figure out of my a.s, it was in the news.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fayemi-promasidors-5m-investment-on-ikun-dairy-farm-boost-for-ekiti-economy/amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/ekitistategov/status/1361606183958810626%3Flang%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwjUspWQxenwAhXH_7sIHVWzB9gQFjACegQIExAC&usg=AOvVaw2EAsWO1HkPaGsvyXuQn-jg

Image123:

You surely have the sales receipt i think?

Re: An Overview Of Ekiti State's Ikun Dairy Farm by Image123(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2021
bunto:
I didn't pull this figure out of my a.s, it was in the news.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fayemi-promasidors-5m-investment-on-ikun-dairy-farm-boost-for-ekiti-economy/amp/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/ekitistategov/status/1361606183958810626%3Flang%3Den&ved=2ahUKEwjUspWQxenwAhXH_7sIHVWzB9gQFjACegQIExAC&usg=AOvVaw2EAsWO1HkPaGsvyXuQn-jg

In your words, you said "$5,000,000 (Five million dollars) spent on importing 500 cows alone". Nothing of such is stated or implied in the links you posted.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 Songhai Farm Agribusiness Training, Porto-novo, Benin Republic / Construction Of My 1000 Broiler Pen Capacity / The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.